Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Raw Score and FC Confusion (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145501)

Son Paimon 09-16-2016 04:04 AM

Raw Score and FC Confusion

Forgive me for being somewhat confused. I've searched for an answer but couldn't find one. x.x;

On my profile, I have those bars that show my AAA's, FC's, and tier points. If I FC a song, but later on get a better raw score on it, do I technically keep the song as "FC'D" (like does it stay FC'd according to the bar indicator)?

Cause now I'm not sure which The Games We've Played I've actually FC'd or not.

Mourningfall 09-16-2016 04:12 AM

Re: Raw Score and FC Confusion

afaik raw score overrules fc
so 0-0-1-0 will beat 20-0-0-0

I've lost many fc's since this change

sorry to say if you wanna keep your fc's you'll need to have fc'd on your pb

Son Paimon 09-16-2016 04:21 AM

I see... That sucks, but it is what it is. My accuracy and reading ability has definitely increased, but I'm not as focused as I used to be. Always missing that ONE arrow and FC is dead these days.

Thank you!

rushyrulz 09-16-2016 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son Paimon (Post 4474826)
Highest FC: Piano x Forte (63)

RIP

emulord 09-16-2016 12:11 PM

Can this be fixed yet >.<

RenegadeLucien 09-16-2016 12:20 PM

I never saw it as a bug tbh

Ihavenoname248 09-16-2016 03:03 PM

It definitely feels like a bug- even if you get a worse score on an FC / better score on a non-FC it doesn't change that you still got the FC, and to have the game not recognize that / actively remove that you did definitely feels like unintended behavior.

I've been stuck without an FC next to Black Key Etude for months now despite having several FCs, and now I'm at the point where I need an SDG for the FC to be saved. Yay.

Dinglesberry 09-16-2016 04:21 PM

I'd rather have a separate bar for SDG to be honest - you should classify them separately, like a non FC could get you a SDG, an FC with tons of boos would just get you an FC, and something like a blackflag would be both.

I've always wanted an SDG bar, I've tried to make one but the API is so junky that some songs don't have good counts, averages returned, so you can't even accurately calculate it.. The closest I ever got was when I extended the api to get advanced stats, but that still sucks because it counts duplicates (e.g. if you SDG the same song twice, you get 2) and is only from like mid April.

I have theories on unique method I've thought of to get this and other data, it's pretty slimey but it could theoretically work, still need to try to implement it though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihavenoname248 (Post 4474941)
It definitely feels like a bug- even if you get a worse score on an FC / better score on a non-FC it doesn't change that you still got the FC, and to have the game not recognize that / actively remove that you did definitely feels like unintended behaviour.

To be honest, from what I can tell, it's not a bug, it's just a result of how the engine is made... I don't want to say anything negative cause it's really well done overall, but I'm not a fan of the way it calculates your stats in that regard.. Do you notice how, to update your stats, you need to go to level ranks, and it takes a while to load? I feel like it's iterating through your best scores, and calculating it every time.

That being said, alot of what I'm about to say is just guessing, but I predict that FFR doesn't save every single score ever obtained, the amount of data would simply be too massive, do you also notice how on the profile, you can view a user's last 15 plays, or even looking at the API - there is a function to return a user's last 15 games, so logically I'd say they only store data on your last 15 (I checked and it's actually 10 but I don't want to reword this on my phone).

I'd figure someone has looked into this, and unfortunately there's no viable way - with how it's designed now, either they'd have to also save scores separately (your best FC on a song, and your best score), which would obviously create an extra piece of data per song (would cause calculating stats to be even slower), or they would have to store all your plays, which is not viable at all. (honestly the first option sounds like it could be possible, but unsure if it would be worth it for this small bug)

The limitations of the engine from my predictions above are unfortunately why this stuff happens, and it's not as simple to fix. It's not unintended behaviour, the game isn't actively removing your score - it just simply saves your best score, and with how the engine is designed, it wouldn't be viable to save more than that :/

Lol damn this is what happens when you spend all day in class studying this stuff ^

Tl;dr pls open source this game so we can all work on moving to a new system, cuz spaghetti code doesn't taste as good as it sounds.