Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Songs and Artist Permissions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Some step criticizing/reccomendations needed (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=120130)

rayword45 08-19-2011 08:41 PM

Some step criticizing/reccomendations needed

http://www.mediafire.com/?fm6lbzx11i38w9a

I've attempted to make steps to some Family Farce songs in hopes of getting them in the game, and I'd like some help on how to improve. Guttercase z6 and LAST SURVIVOR (Of The Rapture) are finished betas. Clusterfunk is not complete, and requires the most help.

Be harsh, but don't be a dick about it. Think like a teacher.

OneHandNow 08-19-2011 09:15 PM

Re: Some step criticizing/reccomendations needed

Trying atm

Clusterfunk: Why is the sync off? Your 4th/8ths aren't on beat... Same with your 16ths. The bursts (32nds / 48ths) are fine, but everything else is offbeat by a bit.

Last survivor: Patterns should be more sophisticated.. feels way too understepped. Not much else I can say..

Guttercase: get rid of 192nds

XxMidigamixX 08-19-2011 09:29 PM

alright, will download it. But I doubt that we permission from Family Farce to put their songs here...but not sure about the rest...

who_cares973 08-19-2011 09:33 PM

we have permission lol

XxMidigamixX 08-19-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3524052)
we have permission lol

I wasn't sure. I never check out the permissions thread lol.

Also reviews:

Clusterfunk: offset is 2.600; I know the direction that you were heading with on the file but I just think that the transitions from the 48ths to 64ths is unnecessary and should be just at 32nd rolls. Also, file was off-sync. 54%

Guttercase: the reason that its on 192nds OHN is that DDReam ****s up the sync when there's stops. Without the stop, it would be on-sync. But try to make it a bit more harder, probably a harder chart is in order? 73%

LAST Survivor: File was completely off-sync. 10%

Results: Try to make your file on sync. It would actually boost the playability of the file. That's all I have to say.

rayword45 08-19-2011 10:35 PM

Will fix all sync problems. Most of these are derived from adding silence to the files, and as for Clusterfunk that was just a plain sloppy job plus bad offset.

Guttercase: I was thinking about maing it harder but I don't know what to add. I've basically maxed out the beat. Possibly jump-stream?

Clusterfunk: I'll experiment replacing the rolls/walls with simpler ones.

LAST SURVIVOR: I've basically maxed the chart to it's full potential without being utter garbage (after sync problems :p). Any ideas? Best I could do is add a few more 32nds. I think a 7-8 is fairly appropriate regardless.

Also, any tips on how to do jumpstream appropriately?

Patashu 08-20-2011 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayword45 (Post 3524087)
Also, any tips on how to do jumpstream appropriately?

Jumpstream is made more difficult the more one-handed-trilly it is. So pay attention every time you make a 121 212 343 or 434 - if it has lots of extra notes flanking it or turns into a longer trill it's going to get harder as a result. Sometimes hard is good though, you can control this and use it to your advantage (start hard and get easy, or if you want something to look hard but play easy use lots of [12] and [34] jumps in it - a good example is the ending of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixus3Hz83yE on heavy)

hi19hi19 08-20-2011 01:32 AM

One thing to watch for in 16th jumpstream, especially at higher BPMs, is repeatedly using the same arrow many times an 8th apart. Although not technically a jack, it starts to feel like one after a bit (I've been told this is an "anchor" which is a retarded name for the pattern but I digress)
It can be used to good effect, such as if there is a repeating sound you want to emphasize, but know it's also a lot harder to hit.
The top of the picture is an example of this on the bottom arrow.

Another tough pattern to watch out for is [12]*2*[12], with * being a 3 or 4, and the equivalent pattern in the right hand. This is another "anchor" pattern which really annoys people (bottom example in picture).

And as Patashu said, [12] and [34] jumps in jumpstream tend to be the easiest to hit, and one handed trills within the stream make it much harder.

Patashu 08-20-2011 06:47 AM

I call them hidden jacks

rayword45 08-20-2011 05:30 PM

Files updated.

MAJOR CHANGES:

-Atrocious beta steps for Clusterfunk have been finished.
-Glaringly obvious sync problems fixed.
-Added some jumpstream and 24th bursts to LAST SURVIVOR
- Made some changes to Guttercase that I forgot XP

MarioNintendo 08-20-2011 05:34 PM

Will you give us a link to the final product or will we have to change the charts ourselves lol?

rayword45 08-20-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3524519)
Will you give us a link to the final product or will we have to change the charts ourselves lol?

I used the "update files" option on MediaFire. I should've made that clear.

Same download link.

rayword45 08-26-2011 04:19 PM

Soo.... Updated criticism?

rayword45 09-29-2011 08:25 PM

Oh my, it's been a while.

LINK UPDATED:

-Sync fixes
-Fixed a few awkward jumps

Also, currently working on Love Pops by Family Farce.