Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145930)

FreezinIce 11-8-2016 10:46 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4491157)
I thought only wolves got that.

-o24

shut up

andy

FreezinIce 11-8-2016 10:50 AM

I saw that post and immediately voted, cause im sick of people fishing for dumb tells! But reading the context that came afterwards I think I might've read it in the wrong tone. D:

andy-o24 11-8-2016 10:52 AM

Why would the wolves choreograph me calling out AA with a shitty reason anyway? Isn't it in the best interests of the wolves to not even risk losing one of their members this early by, admittedly, poor play? That's a huge gamble I'm not comfortable with accepting as a tactic.

Ah, yes, let's let the new guy make poor arguments and hope someone comes in to save his ass. It's perfect. We only risk culling our numbers, but it'll be worth it for the laughs. Scapegoats are great tactics.

A counter I can think of (careful not to use absolutes) is that the wolves would use me as a bad town ruse so the better towns would just let me twiddle my thumbs and make bad claims while they lynched other more suspect players. But then they rely on a new player in the late game where it is probably harder (I dunno) to secure the victory and that can't be the correct strategy.

And if I were a wolf, and this was our strategy, would I actually admit it openly after drawing so much attention to myself? Seems like I would want to let this slip under the radar if possible.

TL;DR: Talking to myself. This game is hard.

-o24

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 10:53 AM

i guess im wrong about everything and my opinions dont matter and that newer or shittier players always die first without much reason because that's how this site goes. like christ, give em at least one day before you ruin it. not all shitty or new people are wolves. it's like wolfe or aryxi getting mislynched every fucking second it's awful and i hate it. i hate watching it. i hated playing it when it happened to me.

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 10:54 AM

haku, early red blaster, and maybe early zenith also qualify (idr about zenith) and a plethora of others

FreezinIce 11-8-2016 11:00 AM

Stop sippin that wine andy.

But on a personal level I agree that choreographed wolf convos never actually happen because the scrutiny you get from people like YoshL is never worth whatever intangible benefit they give, and being on the lookout for them is stupid.

andy-o24 11-8-2016 11:13 AM

I never really expected to make it past d0, but I have plenty of time to get more votes right?

Anyway, I gotta go to class. Later friends. Don't lynch me. :D

-o24

YoshL 11-8-2016 11:21 AM

dfr feels super awkward right now, and i'm kinda surprised that he's not familiar with the standard yoshl fare, grill the new guy so it's easier to read them

especially doing something like asking "ok is this interaction over?" feels like he's overly cognizant of his position in this game, which feels much more scummy than not

YoshL 11-8-2016 11:21 AM

dfr feels super awkward right now, and i'm kinda surprised that he's not familiar with the standard yoshl fare, grill the new guy so it's easier to read them

especially doing something like asking "ok is this interaction over?" feels like he's overly cognizant of his position in this game, which feels much more scummy than not

YoshL 11-8-2016 11:24 AM

also i have to disagree with you freezinice.

in a mystery game where there are people who are on the lookout for specific names of roles (guessing from the setup), wolves and other factions have quite a lot to gain most likely from being able to choreograph your moves - also speaking from experience, i think that wolves do set up things like that, and especially with a newer player, it becomes easier since their meta is wholly unknown. i.e. andy seems like the player to make just unemotional and flat statements for the most part (at least, as best as i can describe what i'm seeing from him)

Quote:

i guess im wrong about everything and my opinions dont matter and that newer or shittier players always die first without much reason because that's how this site goes. like christ, give em at least one day before you ruin it. not all shitty or new people are wolves. it's like wolfe or aryxi getting mislynched every fucking second it's awful and i hate it. i hate watching it. i hated playing it when it happened to me.
this doesn't sound like dfr

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491199)

I wanted the interaction to finish. I didn't wanna hop in and start trying to defend andy and him stop defending himself. Most importantly you would much rather him defend than me for him, no?

Also I'm vaguely familiar, it's been a long time since I've played with you and I might have only played with you once. And I can't say I agree with your ideology.

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 11:28 AM

And the thing that doesn't sound like me, I actually kind tilted myself with the concept of newer players, and it's probably something that I should wait to discuss if I decide to outside of the game and not inside this game. It's definitely an area that I have strong opinions about.

roundbox 11-8-2016 11:30 AM

Found a picture of YoshL sticking to his usual strategy

Charu 11-8-2016 11:32 AM

I see where YoshL ma boi is comin' from.

However, as was just retorted by the defender himself is that it's too much of a risky dicky thing to do if the woofs decided to have a new guy come blazzin' out with a woof read on a low post town.

I certainly don't see a good trade with the strat D0 if wolves fuck up.

But then a cocunter-COUNTER argument can be made and state that bbecause andy is a new player that the wolves are banking on lynch immunities due to him being new with no established meta since everyone here has one.

What do I think? I think it's the simple option and going to go with that it's andy trying to play properly

YoshL 11-8-2016 11:34 AM

that's what interractions are for. you push, you get answers, you find some other round asshole to box in and push

Charu 11-8-2016 11:35 AM

Also, I would emotion read dfr right here, but this game, gonna try not to do that.

Charu 11-8-2016 11:37 AM

Why is ffr so sloooooow, omfg, this is kind of cancer

botchi246 11-8-2016 11:40 AM

Yoshl dat booty sway has me hot

Charu 11-8-2016 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by botchi246 (Post 4491211)
Yoshl dat booty sway has me hot

Worthless post, feels forced, ect ect ect

hee hee hee

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491210)
Why is ffr so sloooooow, omfg, this is kind of cancer

seconded...