Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Audio and Music Production (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   If you had to listen to an album everyday for the rest of your life what album and why (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152612)

katanaeyegaming 12-3-2020 05:05 PM

If you had to listen to an album everyday for the rest of your life what album and why

This has been a discussion I've seen pop up a lot recently and i'm genuinely curious as to what peoples tastes are that would have them make that choice.

Honestly it's either Horror show by Iced Earth or The Unraveling by Rise Against

But for me picking between either of those would be like picking between monster hunter and rhythm games I can't do it.

Hard question for sure but I'm curious as to what people think

ositzxz369 12-3-2020 09:01 PM

Re: If you had to listen to an album everyday for the rest of your life what album and why

:vs:' Detrimentalist, b/c it has 2 of the most catchiest songs in the entire :vs: discography (Gentleman and Sajtban).

Pizza69 12-3-2020 09:24 PM

Re: If you had to listen to an album everyday for the rest of your life what album and why

Zorya by Floex. It has some songs for every mood and yet all flows cohesively, and nearly every song in the album is a certified banger

-paexaea- 12-3-2020 09:34 PM

Soundtrack to a Vacant Life by the flashbulb.

FlynnMac 12-3-2020 09:35 PM

Either it's Voyage by Refuzion or Clarity by Wasted Penguinz, I don't know which one is better but they are both amazing

Wiosna 12-3-2020 10:32 PM

Birth of A New Day by 2814.

Actually probably October Language by Belong or Konoyo by Tim Hecker. Birth of A New Day fits my mood just as well as the other two though...

radioamor 12-4-2020 12:11 AM

Surprisingly, my answer to this question is not the album after which I named myself! But it's still by the same guy, so I'm actually not nearly as spontaneous as I think I am.
If I had to choose any one album, it would be Tim Hecker's Ravedeath, 1972. The stunning, relentless soundscapes alone are enough to keep me constantly enthralled, but the album has considerable sonic variation as well -- from the forceful, speaker-annihilating opening track to its subdued, elegiac closer, the record curves around in several directions while maintaining the pretense of continuity. I also just really like the idea of auditory detritus and the refreshingly unpolished nature of the album. Save for a minute or two of some bland shoegazey antics towards the ending suite, there isn't a dull moment throughout this entire thing. No matter how many listens I go through, I still make new discoveries because the album is so intricate and rewarding.

Sorry, April, no surprises here. Konoyo and October Language are excellent choices.

Travis_Flesher 12-4-2020 10:55 AM

a few albums I'd choose to be the ravens in my musical Prometheus nightmare

The Flash Flash Revolution Album
Beastie Boys - Ill Communication
Atomic Spliff - Robomuffin
Woodstock '69
Tool - Fear Inoculum

A few from the short list of albums that wouldn't get annoying.

rushyrulz 12-5-2020 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElectricZap9 (Post 4752204)
edit: how do I strikethrough text via HTML or code?

[s]strikethru[/s] = strikethru

The question in the OP is different than it seems. If I had to listen to the same album every day for the rest of my life, I would not pick an album that I enjoy since it would definitely spoil those songs for me. No matter how into something you are now, repeating it again and again and again and again for several years will make it go stale and the songs you once loved will transform into songs you hate and bordering on torture (which let's be honest is the premise of the question).

For this reason I'd pick Dormant (Movement 1 Through 7) by The Flashbulb because of its short length and easy-going style.

Satella_ 12-5-2020 03:55 PM

Everywhere at the End of Time

mellon_collie 12-5-2020 08:37 PM

Probably something really chill and low key, maybe black sands by Bonobo

if we are going by VIBIN THE WHOLE TIME I think I will pick LEVEL3 - Perfume

Shadow_God_10 12-5-2020 09:59 PM

Rossz Csillag Alatt Született by Venetian Snares is a great one

Scenes From A Memory Pt.2 by Dream Theater

The Divine Wings of Tragedy by Symphony X

Powerslave by Iron Maiden

Moving Pictures by Rush

Give me these five albums, and I will die a happy man. I do not care if you said one. I will smuggle the other four somehow

mi40 02-2-2021 03:14 AM

Endtroducing.....

Rivaloo 02-2-2021 04:18 AM

Id prob listen to transylvania railroad lmao that or some thing by dream theater

Bolth mannn 02-2-2021 05:37 AM

Vulfpeck - Sleepify

Cause you know whatever album you listen to everyday you're gonna hate