Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Costco shoppers want "American-only" day (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=125375)

Arntonach 08-17-2012 12:40 AM

Costco shoppers want "American-only" day

http://blog.timesunion.com/hottopics...y-hours/11732/

To sum it up, some people in a Washington town are pissed off that Canadians use the Costco to shop, creating long lines and clogging up parking. So they want a day where only Americans can shop there.

I'm actually surprised this made news. If this sort of thing happened in El Paso or San Diego, it would be a giant mess.

TwistedPhoenix 08-17-2012 12:57 AM

Re: Costco shoppers want "American-only" day

That's America for ya. If it's an inconvenience, get rid of it, even if the way of doing so is pretty rude and offensive. Heavens forbid that we take a little while longer to get things done. The whole country might just collapse!

Emanresu13 08-17-2012 01:00 AM

make american only times

make canadian only times for balance

xD

Evascythe 08-17-2012 02:32 AM

"we don't want foreigners coming to our country and spending their hard earned money
we like our economy the way it is"

bmah 08-17-2012 03:19 AM

What can I say. Cross-border shopping is popular. Even with the Canadian dollar on par with the American dollar, food and other products are still ridiculously cheaper south of the Canadian border, due to taxation on imports, transportation costs, amongst other things. Canadians come down hoping to get a deal. It's the public's way of showing discontent at the higher prices that plague local products and services in Canada.

An example:
Ever noticed that books and magazines post a higher retail price in Canada than in the US? It still remains that way even with the Canadian dollar being on par (and at this point, it has been determined that this is a long-term trend, not a short spike that led to parity). Publishers are not only slow in making such a transition, but there are also other hidden costs taxed upon those books.

So it's no wonder Canadians can get quite a deal by shopping in the US. Products are still cheaper there. For an individual consumer, Americans might see overcrowding as a nuisance, but it's honestly good business for the local economy in Bellingham. What if this rule on "American hours" becomes enacted? How would the business there fare? Someone interviewed in the article gives his thoughts on the scenario if Canadian consumers aren't around: “I say to Canadians boycott, and watch how fast your city begs for Canadians to return.”

I'm glad Costco isn't taking heed to these complaints. Just play it fair to any Costco member.

kommisar 08-17-2012 03:31 AM

but.......we have costco in canada why would we go to WASHINGTON for this

I went yesterday

If there's one in bangor, yeah i'd probably want to get cheaper stuff since you don't pay dues and taxes on food when you cross back. god forbid costco doesn't want my money. this is retarded lol

Choofers 08-17-2012 04:09 AM

f*Uck ur'e candian monies !!
customers r customers... unless they are from canada !!

Xx{Midnight}xX 08-17-2012 04:26 AM

Gosh this is disgusting that people still do this kind of shit.

I'm glad that the plans Costco is making is to simply ask the city to permit them to build another larger Costco (last I heard on the news this afternoon or so.)

We cater to no group of people in particular here. We legally can't even if we wanted to.

On a somewhat related note:

It's like people being ass hurt over being politically correct in language with he / she or the use of the "n-bomb" or now days even the word ****** can offend someone.

Stop being like this. You people are ****ing annoying. Words will only have the impact you allot them to have.

XxMidigamixX 08-17-2012 04:56 AM

kommisar 08-17-2012 10:52 AM

Agreed

Pseudo Enigma 08-17-2012 11:00 AM

inb4 ww3 over canada and usa starting a war against eachother fueled by racism

rushyrulz 08-17-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3749292)
build another larger Costco

AND ATTRACT MORE CANADIANS!?!?!!!???!!!1one?/!forwardslash?!@?

but no srsly, do this.

SlayerApocalypse666 08-17-2012 11:32 AM

I think the problem are fat people.

Emanresu13 08-17-2012 12:57 PM

people wanting a fence for mexico

when we should be focusing on CANADA

hi19hi19 08-17-2012 12:57 PM

merica

cedolad 08-17-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3749354)
merica

**** yeah.

Emo_Saur_ 08-17-2012 01:33 PM

Canada... back of the bus.

-KIDTHONG- 08-17-2012 01:41 PM

lol, i live in abbotsford, connected to the border of bellingham. There is a Costco on this road, which leads into the States. Why the **** would I go there when its right here? Not for costco atleast, maybe for an allround trip for everything you need... who knows, you fat americans are ****ed.

Fluvs 08-17-2012 01:43 PM

just fighting over for a store? I see lmao