Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Songs of the Week (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Official Tournament Round 1 Songs (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151154)

psychoangel691 08-10-2019 06:10 PM

Re: Official Tournament Round 1 Songs

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4692186)
yeah sorry time for me to check in

let me just crack the good old every thing sucks document up, see what we can add to it

Oh. A shame, only one file'd get added there if it actually existed. Most the files are neat and well made, and have strong song choices.

Lol <3

psychoangel691 08-10-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4692160)
We probably have the dash off, we were in crunch time last night so I'll have to look at it. Basically it's first 3 rounds cumulative are essentially the "qualifier" lowest 3 from that will be dropped going into round 4.

K so actually lowest three may have to be shifted with the division growing a bit more, lol.

Rapta 08-10-2019 06:21 PM

I really like the D8 song and file, really enjoyable

DJOuTbREaK 08-10-2019 06:23 PM

Gotta say I'm not a huge fan of Bang in a tournament context. It's a fun chart on its own, but it's frustrating to grind since it's so long with such a relatively small period of time that actually matters, and some of the noise bursts are super frustrating to grind due to how random it can feel to actually AAA them. Again, it's fun on its own but I'm a little confused as to why it was held for tournament use.

That said, if that's the worst I can say about the map pool then we've definitely got a really solid set of charts here. I LOVE the D5 chart, it's extremely fun to play and grind.

psychoangel691 08-10-2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJOuTbREaK (Post 4692192)
Gotta say I'm not a huge fan of Bang in a tournament context. It's a fun chart on its own, but it's frustrating to grind since it's so long with such a relatively small period of time that actually matters, and some of the noise bursts are super frustrating to grind due to how random it can feel to actually AAA them. Again, it's fun on its own but I'm a little confused as to why it was held for tournament use.

That said, if that's the worst I can say about the map pool then we've definitely got a really solid set of charts here. I LOVE the D5 chart, it's extremely fun to play and grind.

There's a week to grind, I'm not sure I understand relatively small time part. Most competitions it's one shot and that's it. This is a great tournament file as it stresses several skillsets

DJOuTbREaK 08-10-2019 07:44 PM

I meant "small period of time" as in the chart itself is like half heavy downtime, not as in the actual period of time for playing it in the tournament.

psychoangel691 08-10-2019 08:34 PM

Gotcha, well in spite of the length we found it to be awesome for tournament purposes. I have a huge preference towards things that stress more than one skillset to prevent a situation where lets say x is great at jacks but y is terrible at them and I gave an all jack file.

Plan_Bsk81127 08-10-2019 08:40 PM

Props to DarkZtar for stepping some Crown the Empire, always enjoy seeing some more metal music in game especially making use of that Rise Records Label permission.

rsr2 08-10-2019 09:13 PM

So after this I realized just how awful I am at Jacks for D4. Not the biggest fan of the song but the chart is fun. Let's hope I can make it to round 2 <3

V-Ormix 08-10-2019 09:38 PM

teh furst round is goood

MikeShinoda12345 08-11-2019 12:48 AM

Vacationing in Tokyo (yay!) so I only got to the files now, but the D8 song is really really really fun wow
The jacks are really jarring and would be a huge headache for any tournament file, but for a non D8 player I really enjoy it
Also for some reason my computer lags at unplayable levels when I'm logged in but somehow works fine when I'm on anon? someone help if possible?

Red Blaster 08-11-2019 02:53 AM

Really digging Machines so far, DarkZtar really did a killer job with the stepfile on it. It's fun to play over and over without it getting monotonous and stale.
I haven't had the time to play much else except the The Hop, which is really fun but gives me a lot of issues because I can't do those patterns at the beginning consistently, but, still a solid round 1 pick for D2!

Having a lot of fun so far and the competition in D3 is great, I'm just hoping to stay in past round 1 this year, so thanks to everybody for that!

MarioNintendo 08-11-2019 11:00 PM

That round looks t h i c c

rushyrulz 08-11-2019 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJOuTbREaK (Post 4692192)
map

MarioNintendo 08-12-2019 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4692403)

lmao good catch

SK8R43 08-12-2019 12:58 PM

Eh, i'm garbage at this game. Sightread.

Bullshit av at the very end lmao

rsr2 08-14-2019 07:11 PM

Thanks to a PBR, I might be moving on to Round 2!

rayword45 08-15-2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsr2 (Post 4693289)
Thanks to a PBR, I might be moving on to Round 2!

you need better beer

TheSaxRunner05 08-16-2019 09:55 PM

I just need the chart difficulties so I can add them to the TCG lol

One Winged Angel 08-17-2019 04:25 PM

I'm not sure who's in charge of determining difficulties for the tournament charts but instead of creating multiple threads for songs that are likely going to be debated I feel it's probably more efficient to discuss them in the song threads post-round.

Knowing what Super Soaker looked like prior to seeing it in FFR I envisioned it to be sitting at ~93, however the poor conversion (to no one's surprise) definitely bumps up AAA difficulty by a few points. I'd say it's deserving of Derby and would slot it at least 95 (in which case alloyus needs to be given the token). Conversely the October remix feels more like a 92/93 but it's not going to be AAA or die (and it hasn't even been assigned a rating yet) so whatever.

The technical proficiency required to string everything together in Violent Arcade for a AAA is more impressive than what's required for the 103s, and I feel most players that can score in that range would agree. Scoring data seems to further justify it would sit more appropriately at 104.