Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Mahou's training log (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=147701)

Mahou 06-2-2017 05:41 PM

Mahou's training log

Going to post my stuff here since I'm tired of posting all my workouts and progression in Misc Progress thread.

Today, I decided to do a bit of high volume on chest. I usually just stick to incline, but I've been mixing it up each workout. Today happened to be incline, and next workout will be the decline.

135x10
185x12
205x8
225x6
135x15
185x10
205x10
225x4

At this point I felt pretty good, but a little worn.

3x15 of chest dips.

Did some auxillary work for triceps - 50 lbs (cable pull downs)
3x15

With the recent max of 275 on incline, I'm going to be shooting for 315 near the end of the year (I will have finally hit 315 on both flat bench and incline).

Mahou 06-5-2017 09:59 PM

Re: Mahou's training log

Today was a little mixture of back and chest. I'm working on a caloric deficit for about 3 days and then get a surplus for the rest of the week. I didn't really monitor my sets for back...kind of just did some upright pull downs, upright rows, and back rows. Kept the weight moderate and did 3x15.

Did some decline and I'm feeling pretty strong.

135x10
225x8
245x6
265x4
265x3

Each set I did some diamond pushups in between. I'm thinking about investing into some bands but only for stretching.

Mahou 06-9-2017 10:33 PM

For once, I'm actually happy with the progress that is coming along. Sorry for the undies picture.

Mahou 06-11-2017 09:19 PM

Today was a bit unusual for me seeing how I hit pr in squats.

435 lbs for 2 reps....which is a little over 2x of my body weight. I'm aiming for 455 soon.

I did some deadlifts...which is something I never do. Felt good getting 405 for a few times. Maybe I should deadlift more? Idk...got mixed feelings about it.

Reach 06-12-2017 07:17 AM

You never deadlift and you got a 405?

That's pretty insane actually.

Mahou 06-12-2017 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reach (Post 4561075)
You never deadlift and you got a 405?

That's pretty insane actually.

Thanks. i do like the exercise a lot and I'm more comfortable doing it now that I have a belt. That goes with squats as well. Before I used to never squat over 345 because it would put too much pressure on my lower back.

For anybody who actually reads this training log, invest into a belt. You And your lower back will thank you in the long run

Mahou 06-25-2017 07:20 PM

Today is something I'm going to remember for the rest of my life. I have finally joined the 315 club on two of my main lifts...(bench press and decline). Incline is 275 but I will hopefully get that with more time and patience.

Mahou 06-27-2017 11:22 PM

Probably the last thing I will post for awhile but I have been making some really crazy progress.

Today I hit chest again but I put more emphasis on my legs.

Bench press was what I did...
225 1x10
245 1 x 5
265 1 x 5
275 2 x 4

Pretty solid sets imo. These past few weeks, I feel like my upper body has been exploding in strength.

Squats were pretty good. Worked my way up to 315 and started doing abbot of high volume.

315 3x10
245 1x16

I tried going for 20 but I was pretty beat out. Finished the workout with some leg extensions and called it a night.

Mahou 08-1-2017 08:17 PM

Been about a month and I thought I'd post a progress picture of what I look like now. Still making some strength gains....

uh hit 285 on the incline bench press today. Felt really good - especially for the lack of calories I had today.

Celirra 08-1-2017 09:05 PM

Good stuff man, being able to push through even when low on fuel is a sign of great progress. Also those shorts look hella comfy

Mahou 08-1-2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4575501)
Good stuff man, being able to push through even when low on fuel is a sign of great progress. Also those shorts look hella comfy

The shorts I'm wearing cost me 25usd. Bit pricey but I pretty much wear pants like this all the time. I hate wearing jeans - no circulation aka nuthuggers.

Thank you for the compliment. Had a rough week so your words mean a lot.

Mahou 08-31-2017 11:53 PM

It's bulking season again. Woo!

lofty rhino 09-1-2017 02:55 PM

Awaiting hulk-bod bae & 300+ on incline

Mahou 09-1-2017 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lofty rhino (Post 4583438)
Awaiting hulk-bod bae & 300+ on incline

Hopefully. I've been averaging over 300g of carbs and I'm not even growing. I'm about to up it even more.

Today I did some solid strength training. I'm actually starting to enjoy bench press again. I got some amazing tips from an experienced bencher so I'm hoping that I will see an improvement on my max before the end of the year comes.

Mahou 09-5-2017 11:00 PM

I love bulking. Strength is going up and I'm hitting prs.
215 for 12 reps on the incline

Mahou 09-7-2017 02:17 PM

Bench press is becoming more consistent

Did 3 sets of 225 3 x 10 on the flat. Feels really good. I think what kind of amazes me the most is my strength and endurance has been going up but I'm not even nearly as heavy as I was as my peak. Right now I only weigh roughly 208 pounds opposed to the 216 I used to be. It wasn't until I dropped 5 lbs a lot of my lifts started to become stronger.

Also, feeling better than ever since I've completely given up alcohol.

Mahou 09-16-2017 09:42 PM

Dead lift training:

135 1x10
225 1x15
315 1x15
225 1x10
135 1x10

Bench Press
135 1x1
225 1x1
275 1x1
295 1x1
225 1x10
245 2x6
225 1x8
205 1x10
135 1x10

lofty rhino 09-16-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahou (Post 4585888)
Bench Press: 135 1x1 225 1x1 275 1x1 295 1x1
225 1x10 245 2x6 225 1x8 205 1x10 135 1x10

Damn, I wish I could do something like this -__-
Nice ladder dude.

Also, nice to hear you're feeling straight after giving up alcohol--good shit!

Mahou 09-16-2017 11:08 PM

Thanks bro.

I haven't felt this happy and strong since I first started

SCWolf 09-20-2017 10:24 PM

295lbs bench is strong

Mahou 09-26-2017 09:34 PM

Thanks wolf. Anything above 315, I try to get a spotter because theblift off drains me. Personally, I don't feel like I've really benefitted from lifting anything past 315. Usually 275 or 295 is my safe zone if I'm by myself.

Starting to train arms more and actually enjoying it. My goal is to add half an inch on my arm within a year. Doesn't seem like a lot but it's pretty huge if you think about it.

I haven't been incline benching much but today I decided to go for it. There was a point I forgot that I was lifting 225 on the incline...I thought it was 205 because I got 10 reps. But I looked at the bar when I was done and realized I had two plates in each side. Good feeling and hopefully I can get 245 for 8 reps soon.

Mahou 10-1-2017 12:18 AM

3x6 275 on the decline. Making good progress

Mahou 10-13-2017 12:51 PM

Bulking is going great. Last time I weighed myself, I’m at 217.

The heavier I get, the harder it becomes to eat. Lately I’ve been making heavy shakes in the morning and at night to balance out the meals. Breakfast used to be my favorite meal of the day but now I’m starting to dread it. Maybe it’s only because I’m fasting for a good 7 hours(right before bed) before I eat my next meal. The shakes I make look something like this....

1 scoop of weight gain powder (25g protein 140g carbs)
1 scoop of whey
1 cup of oats
1 cup and a half of milk
Lots of honey
2 bananas
1 scoop of peanut butter
1 tablespoon of coconut oil

These shakes are awesome for bulking. In my first bulk I kind of overdid it with the milk, but they do get the job done. Carbs have never been a huge issue with me because I have a relatively high metabolism (I won’t blow up like a balloon)

For dinner I’ve been eating nothing but salmon. Usually anywhere from 3 to 4 fillets of salmon with a nice side of veggies. Lunch time I usually eat whatever I want because the majority of my diet is solid. I would like to think that bulking like this is pretty effective for me because it gives me a lot of wiggle room to eat different things - Like the other day, I ate a fuck ton of ribs and French fries from chili’s.

I’m taking this time to deload. I did a couple of 315 lifts not long ago, but I felt like my front delts started to hate me. Did a burnout session with squats as well (275 for 20 reps). I think it’s wise for me to take a week of deload for now and then gradually make my way back into it again. Other than that, feeling great and feeling strong. I would say my overall strength hasn’t really increased but my endurance has. In theory, I’ll get stronger next year again when I do my cut.

Mahou 10-13-2017 10:21 PM

Just a status update of what I'm looking like right now.

Some back progress

Just a good idea what my meals have been looking like as of lately.

The main difference with my current bulk vs my old one is that I'm trying to have a bit more control on what I'm putting into my body. In my first bulk, I did what every beginner does....eat anything I got my hands on without any knowledge of macros (sodas, pizza,fried chicken, mashed potatoes, etc). Looking at my old photos from last year, I'm pretty sure that's what caused me to have sort of a small gut. What I'm loving about this style of eating is that there is A LOT of flexibility.....and here is the best part - I can still enjoy all my favorite foods and not get super fucking fat. Also, if you looked at my previous diet, I was lacking a lot of micronutrients. I was supplementing with a multivitamin, but I really started to hate how I could smell the pill when I took a piss.

Fish has been my go to for protein because it's lighter on the stomach for me. I don't mind chicken, but salmon just has been the way to go.

Reach 10-14-2017 07:34 AM

Sick back bro.

Glad to hear you have your diet under control. Most people don't need to take a multi; the smell in your piss after taking one is literally the vitamins you're pissing out that your body isn't absorbing. It's useless for most people.

Mahou 10-28-2017 07:35 PM

This month has been pretty successful.

Hitting a PR on the decline (315 for 3). I'm trying to get away from doing so much barbell work and focus more on the dumbbells - that includes machines as well (more isolation done with compound movements).

Leg workouts have been switched to a more higher volume and allows me not to focus too much on strength. I performed a 435 lb squat not too long ago, but I felt like my knee got the short end of the deal (i also did this raw with no belt or wraps). Still healthy, but definitely going to taking it more careful when I have my heavy days.
Example of a routine i've been doing is something like this....
135 1 x 15
225 1 x 20
255 1 x 20
275 1 x 20
225 1 x 20
185 1 x 20

Very high volume but very effective.

businessman07 10-28-2017 10:18 PM

Ur a monster u natty or are u test trenning? Creatine?

Mahou 10-29-2017 01:17 AM

100% natural and I plan on staying that way for as long as I can. I’ve had a few discussions with other lifters about the idea of running gear - and they usually end up with the same conclusion (won’t take unless I feel the need to).

As of now, the supplements that I take is
-creatine
-preworkout
-lots of food.

I used to dabble with horny goat weed as a natural test supplement but that just gave me strong erections when I was doing my business.
Multivitamins used to be part of my stack as well but I felt like they weren’t really doing anything.

businessman07 10-29-2017 08:50 AM

good shit. Wish I still gave a shit about what I look like.

Travis_Flesher 10-29-2017 10:13 AM

Mahou your fitness log has been very on point I am looking forward to seeing great things from you. I wanted to ask, have you ever tried cardio on an elliptical machine? A good elliptical machine set on high resistance can take your heart to new heights. It doesn't tax your body as hard as running, as it focuses primarily on the thighs, but will easily allow you to sustain heartbeats of 160, 170, 180, even 190+ BPM for long periods of time.

Mahou 10-29-2017 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by businessman07 (Post 4595888)
good shit. Wish I still gave a shit about what I look like.

It’s never too late to start. I started weight lifting the first day I started posted in this sub forum (sometime last year).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis_Flesher (Post 4595893)
Mahou your fitness log has been very on point I am looking forward to seeing great things from you. I wanted to ask, have you ever tried cardio on an elliptical machine? A good elliptical machine set on high resistance can take your heart to new heights. It doesn't tax your body as hard as running, as it focuses primarily on the thighs, but will easily allow you to sustain heartbeats of 160, 170, 180, even 190+ BPM for long periods of time.

Thank you Travis - I’m also looking to see how far I can go myself.

I have not tried doing the elliptical - mostly have just stuck to doing the stair master for about 15-20 minutes twice a week for some solid cardio. I can give it a go again, but I usually get bored very easily using treadmills or elliptical. The stair master can break me in sweat in about 10 minutes depending how high I set the level on the machine.

Mahou 11-9-2017 10:39 AM

My endurance is getting much better

Did a full body workout but I put most of the emphasis on my upper back because it’s been awhile since i hit it

Decline
135 1x8
225 1x15
245 1x12
275 1x6
225 1x10

Everything else I put about 40% of my max and stuck to about 15 to 20 reps.
135 1x10

Mahou 11-16-2017 12:06 AM

Weighed myself today

I'm at 218 pounds and I don't look fat at all. Bulk is going along great.

Mahou 11-29-2017 01:01 PM

Right now I’m going to focus on my body building type style of training. Less bar bell and more dumbbells. Strength training is really taking a toll on me mentally so now I’m just going to chill.

blindreper1179 11-29-2017 03:35 PM

If I may ask, how is strength training getting to you mentally?

Mahou 11-30-2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4599483)
If I may ask, how is strength training getting to you mentally?

I have been strength training for a little over a year and half. March will mark my two years in my fitness journey. The gains I’m getting now are very small it takes months just to see any sort of improvement on strength. Mentally, it drains me. My training routines are starting to become very boring and I find it harder (some days) to push myself as much as I would like to.

I just think that if I switch to body building type style training, I will eventually want to go back into strength. The beauty of body building training is that I don’t have to be so concerned with how much weight I’m pushing and just focus on total volume of the workout itself. Everyone needs a break and I think I’m up for one.

blindreper1179 11-30-2017 06:56 PM

Ok, that makes sense. I can understand the routine getting boring, and feeling unmotivated to keep doing it.

Thanks.

Mahou 12-2-2017 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4599607)
Ok, that makes sense. I can understand the routine getting boring, and feeling unmotivated to keep doing it.

Thanks.

I can confirm that switching the training has made me enjoy it more. Something that I really learned is that sometimes you have to just do something different in order to keep yourself going. Example, I focused a lot of barbell movements such as decline, incline, back squats, and bench.

Overall, the bulk is going well. I'm gaining weight, but doing it pretty slowly (exactly what I wanted). My abs are pretty much slowly fading away which is pretty much going to happen because of a bulk. I may not have a pristine ab section as well, but it can still be somewhat maintained.

Things I'm really trying to avoid right now...

- binge eating
- drinking too much soda
- skipping meals (this kind of promotes binge eating for me)
- sleeping at really weird hours

Travis_Flesher 12-2-2017 03:40 AM

That's great amigo! Keep going, it's worth it!!!

Mahou 12-2-2017 12:31 PM

Thanks.

I just recently submitted an application to work as a fitness attendant at my local gym. I'm hoping with the knowledge that I've attained over the course of my progress I could use it to help others. Once my car gets paid off next year, I'm also going to be taking my personal trainer certifications. I'm pretty excited to see what's in store for me.

Reach 12-3-2017 08:11 AM

Awesome. Now you're moving up in the world. Stay focused and keep winning, I think you'll go far. You've made pretty insane progress for how little time you've been training.

Mahou 12-7-2017 01:39 PM

Kind of sucks, but I wasn't selected for the position at all.

I won't give up though and will keep searching for more opportunities.

Mahou 12-21-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahou (Post 4560886)
Today was a bit unusual for me seeing how I hit pr in squats.

435 lbs for 2 reps....which is a little over 2x of my body weight. I'm aiming for 455 soon.

I did some deadlifts...which is something I never do. Felt good getting 405 for a few times. Maybe I should deadlift more? Idk...got mixed feelings about it.

It’s been awhile since I’ve done deadlifts. Today I did a single for 465 and it felt fucking amazing. (No belt) I’m confident I can get 500 lbs already but I didn’t really want to rush this at all. Deadlifts is just one of those exercises that I do when I can’t think of anything else to do for the day.

Mahou 12-21-2017 10:17 PM

Double post because I wanted to bring up some changes that I kind of had made with my supplementation and with my training.

Physique update
( I just got done slamming a bunch of food in my stomach from IHOP as soon as I took this photo - so it's probably not the best thing ever. Oh well, YOLO.)

I'm no longer taking creatine monohydrate and ON whey protein anymore. Reason being is I don't feel like my body is digesting/absorbing the whey and the creatine as good as I thought it once was before. I've been off both of these for about 2-3 weeks and I have not noticed much of a difference in my physique at all. Could this be a placebo?

I read an interesting article about how adults have a hard time processing lactose. After scratching my head and doing something, I found it to be somewhat relatable. So with that being said, I've switched over to a plant based protein. Shockingly, the first time I took it, I've noticed that I feel much better and don't have stomach problems anymore.

I'm taking Kre-Alkalyn instead of the monohydrate. They say it's supposed to be the same effects of creatine but there is no bloat. I've been off of creatine monohydrate for 2 weeks and I never even lost size or strength. I was expecting to lose 6 lbs of water weight, but I only dropped down 2. So where is this crazy water weight that people keep talking about? Am I a non responder? Have I been taking creatine for a year and a half for no fucking reason? -_____- I'm seriously starting to question if any of these supplements I've took have even helped me in the slightest.

Right now I'm sitting at about 215 lbs (this is a 2-3 lb loss since I got off the creatine monohydrate). With the holidays being around, I'm finding it a bit harder to maintain my diet (hitting calories and macro nutrients). This month alone, I've drank alcohol 3 times and probably binge ate places that I shouldn't have. I thought it would be a huge setback but none of my strength actually diminished.

In regards to training, I mentioned that I was trying to break away from strength training and just do bodybuilding type of training. I can say that I'm having more fun with it, but I'm also finding myself being harder on myself. Here is just a quick list of weaknesses that I hate to admit about myself.

1) My left tricep is a piece of shit
2) My lats are pretty mediocre compared to most people.
3) I have terrible fucking calves.
4) If my upper body was just as big as my lower body, I'd look like I'd lift.
5) As much as I hit oblique's, they are almost non existent unless I twist to the side.
6) I hate my arms
7) I hate my traps.

On the last day of this year, I'll post all my max's for my main lifts. That way I have something to look forward to next year.

Superbearhands 12-22-2017 01:01 AM

Not taking whey is fine as long as you get a decent protein intake from your diet. 0.5-1 grams per body weight pound depending on how often and hard you work out. Whey just helps reach that amount in a more convenient way.

It's good to pay attention to what you're lacking in your work out. It's pretty much Arnold's approach for beginners and intermediates; just go work out until you start seeing changes in your body, and depending on those results you can make adjustments to your program to work on your weaknesses.

Reach 12-22-2017 08:07 AM

Protein source doesn't matter as long as you hit your daily intake. Even if you drop your protein substantially (I cut mine in half for a year), even then you don't really lose much strength or mass in the short term. Over the long term (~1 year) you will notice some losses, but they're not as big as you'd think.

As for creatine, I stopped taking it years ago. It has an effect but it's extremely small and the benefits are often overstated. Getting off it improved my joint health. I've played with it so many times and it does cause small changes in water weight and maybe ~5 lbs difference on a lift like bench press, but it's pretty inconsequential.

Mahou 12-24-2017 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superbearhands (Post 4602755)
Not taking whey is fine as long as you get a decent protein intake from your diet. 0.5-1 grams per body weight pound depending on how often and hard you work out. Whey just helps reach that amount in a more convenient way.

It's good to pay attention to what you're lacking in your work out. It's pretty much Arnold's approach for beginners and intermediates; just go work out until you start seeing changes in your body, and depending on those results you can make adjustments to your program to work on your weaknesses.

Thank you for the information sir.

I have been taking 70% of my body weight in protein (grams). My concern was how my body was actually digesting and absorbing the whey protein since I used to become really bloated and gassy. So far the plant based protein has been working wonders for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reach (Post 4602770)
Protein source doesn't matter as long as you hit your daily intake. Even if you drop your protein substantially (I cut mine in half for a year), even then you don't really lose much strength or mass in the short term. Over the long term (~1 year) you will notice some losses, but they're not as big as you'd think.

As for creatine, I stopped taking it years ago. It has an effect but it's extremely small and the benefits are often overstated. Getting off it improved my joint health. I've played with it so many times and it does cause small changes in water weight and maybe ~5 lbs difference on a lift like bench press, but it's pretty inconsequential.

Regarding your creatine statement, I’m sort of starting to understand what you’re saying. At this point, creatine is really not benefitting me as much as I thought it was. Maybe it’s because my muscles are heavily saturated with it - I haven’t stopped taking it for over a year and a half now. The other day, I managed to get two new prs without supplementing with it at all. Could be a placebo at this point or maybe I did get some new gains.

At this point, I’m almost 2 years into posting my updates with my fitness journey. I took a look at my workout regimen, and I’m starting to consider doing new things to keep me active. Lifting weights is fun, but it’s starting to become so part of my lifestyle that it’s not exciting to me as it once was before. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not going to just give up - but I’m interested in doing other things.

By the way, I got 225 for 20 reps on the flat. Woot woot.

Mahou 01-6-2018 02:18 PM

I’m going to be posting much less now or maybe not anymore. FFR has been a huge part of my life and I’m grateful for the friends that I have made; however, I feel like it’s time to close this chapter and keep moving forward.
While fitness does play a huge part of my life as well, I have made several new goals for myself that I plan on accomplishing this year. Recently, I got a raise at my job and I’m starting to endure new business ventures for myself (at least I’m attempting to). My car is finally almost paid off and I’ve also felt like I have met the love of my life. Things are getting very serious and I don’t want to feel like I’m wasting any time. I guess this is just part of changing and growing up.

But if anyone reads this, thank you again for all the kind words and encouragement that helped me come this far. This journey has not only improved my health, but has also helped me conquer problems such as depression, self loathe, and constant nights of abusing alcohol. Every day I beat myself up for not being where I want to be and tend to not reflect as much. I truly have made some huge jumps and I should be proud of this. It only goes uphill from here now.

Much love guys. Maybe I’ll pop in here and there.

Mahou 03-1-2018 02:20 AM

I just realized today is my two year mark I started doing this. Time flies.

Mahou 03-19-2018 10:29 PM

Found some motivation and decided to post some more again. I know I said I’d stop posting but I probably only said that because I was getting burnt out. When you feel like nobody really reads this and have seen minimal progress in months, you tend to lose motivation. However, a lot of stress has been cleared up so I feel comfortable posting some progress.

Today was kind of a high volume chest day with some arms. Im warming up much differently than I did before - I’ll usually do 2 sets with the bar only and kind of half rep just to get my delts fired up. Then I’ll do two sets of 8 with 135. 5 reps of 185. One single rep of 225. 2 reps of 245 and then 2 reps of 255. Even though I could do more reps, I’m trying to prevent myself from getting burnt out too early...and let me say
Its fucking great.

I’m training arms differently now and I feel like this method works best for me. Anyway, here are the sets.

Incline
225 lbs
4x6
1x7

Decline
245 lbs
3x6

Close grip bench
3x8

And then that’s when I worked on isolation training for my arms.

Feeling good and fresh. For the most part I’m eating relatively clean. By the way, Chobani whole milk yogurt is an excellent source of protein. Mix it up with honey and omg....so good.

Reach 03-21-2018 07:04 PM

I always read ;)

Even if people around here aren't lifting anymore, I'm still trucking away as usual ~5 days a week. lol

You're to the point now that you've burned out most of your beginner and intermediate gains so it's slow going from here. I still eek out gains here and there but it's slow, no doubt. But it feels just that much better when you finally do make gains.

That's a heavy heavy incline press. I got my bench up to 275 x5 recently and a 315 1rm. Big step for me.

Mahou 03-22-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reach (Post 4614115)
I always read ;)

Even if people around here aren't lifting anymore, I'm still trucking away as usual ~5 days a week. lol

You're to the point now that you've burned out most of your beginner and intermediate gains so it's slow going from here. I still eek out gains here and there but it's slow, no doubt. But it feels just that much better when you finally do make gains.

That's a heavy heavy incline press. I got my bench up to 275 x5 recently and a 315 1rm. Big step for me.

That’s assuring that you still read the thread Reach :) I wish more people were actively involved with this hobby.

275 for 5 is pretty good. I find that more impressive than doing one rep of 315.

I’m trying to put on some more strength and I think I figured a way to reach some goals a little bit faster.

blindreper1179 03-22-2018 07:29 PM

I read it as well. I should actually start working out too... my will power is weak in this department.

Mahou 03-22-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4614206)
I read it as well. I should actually start working out too... my will power is weak in this department.

It’s actually a lot of fun. I look forward to all my workouts. Even if they can be painful, it’s satisfying.

Shouka 03-25-2018 09:05 PM

I still check this forum every now and then, but I've lost a lot of my hype because I haven't really improved in the past year.

Mahou 03-26-2018 10:26 PM

At least if you ever decided to come lift again, you’d gain a lot of your old strength back quickly

Mahou 03-26-2018 11:01 PM

Quick question for you guys

Typically how long do your sessions last? Sometimes I feel like I may be overdoing it.

Today I had 55 minutes to train so I tried shocking my body with flat and proceeded to do isolation training. Even though time was limited, I felt like the workout was very effective.

Mahou 04-9-2018 08:06 PM

Getting stronger on the incline

I took a week off for this so I’m not surprised at all.

Pyramid
135 lbs
1x8
225 lbs
1x1
255 lbs
1x3
265 lbs
1x3
225 lbs
1x7
235 lbs
1x6
245 lbs
1x5

Did some cables and worked out arms. Not much an interesting workout but it felt pretty good.

Mahou 04-11-2018 12:13 PM

Still doing a strength building program.

Squats
Warm up
135 lbs
1x8

225 lbs
1x8
Working sets
315 lbs
2x5

335 lbs
1x5

345 lbs
1x5

355 lbs
1x5

Did some ohp and some back work. Probably will lay off for two days and work on accessories.

Mahou 04-25-2018 04:38 PM

Strength building has been going phenomenal and I’m feeling better than ever.

New prs...

325 decline bench press
275 1x7 decline bench press
395 1 x 4 squat.

I had more but for some reason I didn’t write them in my notebook.

These actually felt really easy and I didn’t really have to grind to get them. I changed the way I’m training so that has been helping. Going to be going for 335 decline bench very soon.

Sanjixcon 04-25-2018 05:15 PM

"325 decline bench press
275 1x7 decline bench press
395 1 x 4 squat."

your pretty strong dude.
would be cool to see a video of one of your workouts :)
gl with future gains!

Mahou 04-25-2018 05:55 PM

Hey, thanks Sanji.

That is something I could probably do. Sometimes I see insta girls filming their booty workouts in my local gym.

Is there something in particular you would like to see me do? Or do you just want to see everything from the beginning to the end?

Sanjixcon 04-25-2018 06:05 PM

It would be awesome to see everything from beginning to end but I can see how that could be kind of a pain for you, filming wise. Mostly, I'm just super impressed by those decline/incline presses and just curious overall to watch your form.

Mahou 04-25-2018 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanjixcon (Post 4617764)
It would be awesome to see everything from beginning to end but I can see how that could be kind of a pain for you, filming wise. Mostly, I'm just super impressed by those decline/incline presses and just curious overall to watch your form.

Well I could definitely do it on one of my pressing days. I have a few people that I lift with on a weekly basis so I’m sure it wouldn’t be a problem with them filming me here and there. This is also a good time since I’m doing strength building.

I’ll also try to show what I do before these lifts because preparation is pretty huge factor on performance.

Sanjixcon 04-25-2018 06:35 PM

Nice! I'm really looking forward to this :)
I think posting some videos of your workouts could possibly help bring more traffic to this thread as well.

Mahou 04-25-2018 06:44 PM

Maybe

Thing is I do most of the posting here so I never thought anybody would want to see one. I’ll consider it though and try to put one up asap.:)

Reach 04-28-2018 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahou (Post 4614481)
Quick question for you guys

Typically how long do your sessions last? Sometimes I feel like I may be overdoing it.

Today I had 55 minutes to train so I tried shocking my body with flat and proceeded to do isolation training. Even though time was limited, I felt like the workout was very effective.

Usually around an hour but it depends, I often drag my sessions out a bit because I have a home gym so I'm not in a rush lol

At 55 minutes I doubt you're over doing it.

My sessions are pretty minimalist. I used to do much higher volume/longer sessions with more exercises but cutting back I've noticed no difference. I seem to get as much benefit from minimalist training, if anything I am stronger than ever and have been hitting a lot of PBs.

e.g. my leg routine is basically ATG Squats with 3 warm up sets working up to 2 maximal working sets and then a finishing set at 90%. After squats I do barbell hip thrusts with a similar structure. So I guess it's 12 sets but most of it is just warmup, I'm really only doing like 4-5 sets at maximum intensity. I could probably do it all in around half an hour if I wanted to.

Cutting out all the fat, my legs are far bigger than they've ever been too.

Mahou 04-30-2018 11:24 PM

I will probably be cutting soon but I still have abs. I’m at 220 pounds at the moment and I’m getting pretty strong in a short period of time. As long as I don’t get fat, I don’t mind maintaining as much as possible.

Did a heavy pressing day - sorry I didn’t record. I didn’t have anybody with me.

Strength training is coming along very well.

Decline bench press
315 1x3
315 1x2
275 1x8

Flat bench press
1x14

Felt pretty solid. I’ll be taking off a day or so and will be hitting legs next.

Mahou 05-14-2018 11:28 PM

Only thing I’m gonna say is my cut is going pretty well.

I’ve been doing intermittent fasting and keeping my protein a bit higher. My obliques are coming in and my obliques are starting to develop more.

Strength wise, I still have it. Nothing too crazy though. Today I did some flat and did 3 sets of 5 with 275.

For the record, I’ve been off creatine for two weeks as well. I haven’t really noticed much of a difference except maybe a couple of reps on some sets

SICKOVENOMOUS 05-15-2018 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahou (Post 4620070)
Only thing I’m gonna say is my cut is going pretty well.

I’ve been doing intermittent fasting and keeping my protein a bit higher. My obliques are coming in and my obliques are starting to develop more.

Strength wise, I still have it. Nothing too crazy though. Today I did some flat and did 3 sets of 5 with 275.

For the record, I’ve been off creatine for two weeks as well. I haven’t really noticed much of a difference except maybe a couple of reps on some sets

noice, dis makes me want to work out and get ripped af

Wayward Vagabond 05-15-2018 01:40 PM

Inspiration

flipsta_lombax 05-15-2018 11:34 PM

Read through all your progressions and all the sets that you do and it's inspiring definitely, nice job Mahou!

Not much a fan of free weights myself, but I indulged in calisthenics for under a year and I'm getting my gains that way. Do you do only free weights or do you mix it up as well?

Mahou 05-16-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SICKOVENOMOUS (Post 4620100)
noice, dis makes me want to work out and get ripped af

Do it man. The human body is crazy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4620114)
Inspiration

You’re next bromigo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipsta_lombax (Post 4620144)
Read through all your progressions and all the sets that you do and it's inspiring definitely, nice job Mahou!

Not much a fan of free weights myself, but I indulged in calisthenics for under a year and I'm getting my gains that way. Do you do only free weights or do you mix it up as well?

I do a lot of pushups, pull-ups, and decline sit ups. For cardio, I like to use stair master, row machine, and just run. As of lately, I kind of hit most of my long term goals but I’m thinking of trying to go for a 350lb flat bench.

I feel like calisthenics are primarily used to condition the body.
Thank you guys for the encouragement!

Mahou 05-30-2018 12:00 AM

Still trying to find people to help me tape some part of my workout.

Today marks a milestone for me. Did a 505 lb deadlift no belt weighing 10lbs less than I when I was at the peak of my bulk. I also never deadlift. It felt pretty easy and I’m feeling fresh - I’m so happy.

Mahou 08-8-2018 07:39 PM

Been awhile since I’ve posted in my progress thread but everything is going well. I recently have started to take deadlifting a little more seriously to throw something new in the mix. I’ve been doing this about one/two times a week. Because of this, I feel more explosiveness in other lifts that I’m doing.

Today’s set looked like this
135 1x8
225 1x8
315 1x8
385 1x5

I probably could have easily done 405 1x5 but I’m trying to do this the right way. My max deadlift at the moment is 505. I think it’d be pretty cool to hit a 550 deadlift - even if I don’t reach it, I’m primarily just doing this for hypertrophy.

Mahou 08-8-2018 08:48 PM

Double post, but I decided to go ahead and post what I'm looking like nowathese days.

Kraezymann 08-8-2018 10:51 PM

Damn dude you're looking great. Keep up the good work!

You're posts here today have been a bit of an inspiration boost for me, thanks a bunch. One day I hope to start looking like that :p

Also those deadlift numbers are sick man, I can't wait to see you hit your goal

Mahou 08-9-2018 08:21 AM

Thanks man!

You can do it dude! Just put the work in

Mahou 08-9-2018 08:16 PM

Finally hit another pr for decline

1x18

Didn’t expect that at all. But very happy

who_cares973 08-9-2018 08:25 PM