Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   [Concluded] FFR Unofficial Tournament 2018 Feat. RamenBox [Get2.5thPlace pastebin.com/tvm28W8b (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150205)

rushyrulz 01-13-2019 11:24 AM

Re: FFR Unofficial Tournament 2018 Feat. RamenBox [Get2.5thPlace pastebin.com/tvm28W8

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4664918)
So youre basically just being elitist, rushy?.

get real dude

SK8R43 01-13-2019 11:24 AM

Re: FFR Unofficial Tournament 2018 Feat. RamenBox [Get2.5thPlace pastebin.com/tvm28W8

Quote:

Originally Posted by SputnikOwns (Post 4664925)
Let's give the same prize to an elementary school track star that we do for an Olympic gold medalist.

Im okay with that :)

GhostieGoBoo 01-13-2019 11:53 AM

lol D7 should be same credit prize as D1 sick

however i do think the 1st place prize should have probably been distributed D4-D7 and the last card raffled between the winners of D1-3 if the logic is that prizes should be given to higher div players on the basis that they've put more effort.
(RIP D6 winner suicidaln00b)

Edit: I'm not really saying we should switch up the prize distribution, but if we're going to be arguing about this we should keep the logic consistent in the arguments.

qrrbrbirbel 01-13-2019 12:29 PM

Also, since there are now 2 people that have waived the ramen prizes (and that op won a steam card (sorry mang :p)) D5 and D6 first place I think would be the best candidates for the transfer. Should anyone else waive their prize, it will go to the next first place that didn't receive a steam card.

So at this point, Demerai and suicidalnoob can pm me for their much better than a steam card anyway prize :p

Solarlake 01-13-2019 06:23 PM

D2 Tiebreaker

devonin 01-13-2019 09:29 PM

D2 tiebreaker -> Gets strongest score of all time in 6 gameplayers :P

Welcome to D3!

SK8R43 01-14-2019 02:08 AM

Its called sandbagging. 😳

Dinglesberry 01-14-2019 02:42 AM

Quote:

>welcome to d3
LUL

Dinglesberry 01-14-2019 02:44 AM

also yes im fuckd up enough to quote my own avatar

FIGHT ME I DARE U

Antori 01-14-2019 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4664911)
Why arent the credits distributed evenly? I think the d1 winners deserve just as many as the d7 players. If anything the d1 players had to try harder...
Cred pot should be the same for each division winner, each second, and each third. Amirite?

I mean everyone who participated gets the same amount whether theyre d1, d7, tried as hard as they could, didnt try and barely submitted scores, etc.

if we all got the same prizes as everyone else then there is literally no reason to try hard to be the best

it doesn't matter how hard you tried we're not ranking people based on their will power or determination we're ranking them based on pure skill and everyone in D7 is alot higher skill then everyone in D1

reuben_tate 01-14-2019 12:43 PM

There are a few reasons why the credit distributions are different for different reasons. Although this first one is not necessarily the best reason, such a practice has been done for most tournaments on FFR. And even looking at other tournaments/competitions outside of FFR that have competitions at different divisions of skill (say like a amateur and a pro bracket), usually there is a difference in prizes there as well.

Next, one can argue that D7 players have worked harder to get to where they are at. You might say that the D_1 players have worked just as hard as some as D_7 players throughout the duration of this particular tournament and that's a fair point. However, those that have worked very hard will likely be on their way to entering into a higher division which will have the promise of higher prizes anyways. Also, it's perfectly "fair" in the sense that everyone has started off as a D1 player to begin with (perhaps inside or outside of FFR) so current D7 players were getting smaller prizes earlier on in their rhythm gaming journey. Imagine a parent trying to figure out gifts for two children of their children that are 6 years apart in age. A gift that's suitable for a 14 year old likely wouldn't be suitable for an 8 year old. However, if the 8 year old got the same/similar gift as their sibling did when their sibling was 8, then that's perfectly fine.

Putting morals and stuff aside, it also makes sense from a pragmatic perspective. Higher prizes for higher divisions helps to disincentive sandbagging and helps to incentive people to play their best.

The participation prize is the same for each division since all it is supposed to represent is a token of appreciation for completing the tournament. I don't particularly have a reason to appreciate D7's participation more than that of D1's participation.

reuben_tate 01-14-2019 01:05 PM

I also wanted to return to the topic of flashflash account and the whole D0 thing.

To reiterate, D0 wasn't really a division but more of a pilot program for low D1 players so that way they could play for fun, still be rewarded for participating, and play files that are suitable for their skill level. I didn't have any prizes for D0 for multiple reasons, some of which were because of logistic reasons and some of which were due to the idea that there should be some initial bar that players need to pass in order, i.e. like a right of passage, before being able to compete for real prizes.

Currently, the divisions with the highest range of skill are D1 and D7. When it comes to D1, the range of skill in that division is pretty insane. At the top of the division you have people that can AAA some files in the 20's. On the lower end, you have people that can't even pass Power (I've seen people fail Power with my own two eyes).

The reason why I started D0 in the first place is because there were a handful of participants that were completely new to FFR but still wanted to join in the tournament and have some fun. When asked for the difficulty ranges, some of these players were discouraged from playing seeing that the estimated difficulty of Round 1 was way out of their league. It'd be like asking a D2 player to play the D6 songs. Yes, they could play them, but it wouldn't be suitable for their skill level.

Lastly, it's probably been awhile since a lot of us have been in D1. However, we shouldn't dismiss their achievements and improvements. Just because a player hasn't yet achieved a particular milestone that skilled players would find "easy peasy" (like doing well on Policy in the Sky) doesn't mean that that player hasn't been improving nonetheless. I've been watching FFA's scores throughout the duration of this tournament and I will certainly say that he has indeed improved over the course of this tournament.

flashflash account 01-14-2019 04:59 PM

i agree

SputnikOwns 01-14-2019 05:03 PM

I just want to point out that flashflash account has more forum posts than he has plays (including 52 on excite bike) LOL

The way you improve is by playing the game with some frequency, meaning more than one play every two days.

Good luck to him.

flashflash account 01-14-2019 05:11 PM

I was introduced to this community through TWG, not rhythm gaming. Many of the TWGers I know and tolerate love are part of the community, so I'm here too

mrpreggers 01-14-2019 07:31 PM

i expect my 20k credits soon

Funnygurl555 01-14-2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4665023)
I was introduced to this community through TWG, not rhythm gaming. Many of the TWGers I know and tolerate love are part of the community, so I'm here too

tolerate you too man

flashflash account 01-14-2019 09:11 PM

clearly otherwise id probably be banned

qrrbrbirbel 01-14-2019 10:14 PM

Whoa now, let's not get off topic, especially when only 5 people have claimed their ramen (and 1 more person has waived their noodles).

At this point if anyone else wants to forgo their prize, I'll eat it myself lol

Funnygurl555 01-14-2019 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4665031)
clearly otherwise id probably be banned

f'real, i think you're cool (even though half the shit you do confuses me lmao). glad you're playing twg

Quote:

Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel (Post 4665033)
Whoa now, let's not get off topic, especially when only 5 people have claimed their ramen (and 1 more person has waived their noodles).

At this point if anyone else wants to forgo their prize, I'll eat it myself lol

if you need someone to eat ramen :P