Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Writing and Literature (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   The Last Book You Read, etc, etc (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116219)

Mechablob 12-17-2010 01:01 PM

The Last Book You Read, etc, etc

(Sorry if this thread has been done before, but I searched and I couldn't find it - if it has been done before, please lock this thread or whatever is necessary).

Hello, everyone. I'm going to ask simply what was the last book you've read completely, the book you're currently reading and what is currently your favourite book. So yeah, what is it? Feel free to include a book that is more of a compilation of novels or novellas.

The last book I read was Ryu Murakami's "Audition" (that was adapted into a film by Takashi Miike); the book I'm currently reading is H.P. Lovecraft's The Mountains Of Madness (in the Necronomicon collection) and my favourite book currently is Anthony Burgess' "A Clockwork Orange" - albeit, the lexical field of the book is challenging to get the grip on, but I found it highly rewarding, more so than the film adaptation, and that's difficult to admit for somebody who loved both versions.

ichliebekase 12-17-2010 01:08 PM

Re: The Last Book You Read, etc, etc

I like this thread :]

My favorite book is Gathering Blue by Louis Lowry [I think, don't hold me to that]. I stumbled upon it at a book fair when I was young, read it once, and I completely fell in love with it. It's has an older style setting and older style struggles, but you can really get into this book.

I think Gathering Blue was also the last book I read too. I've read it soo many times :]

Unfortunately not reading anything at the moment :/ haven't found anything interesting lately.

Zageron 12-17-2010 03:08 PM

The last book I read was Ptolemy's Gate in the Bartimaeus Trilogy. Such a good set of books!
The next book I'm planning on reading the The Towers of Midnight, in the WOT series, I bought it way back when it came out, but I haven't managed to read it yet because of school.

BethanyBangs 12-17-2010 03:11 PM

I just read The Lovely Bones. Well i read it before, but only halfway. IT'S REALLY GOOD THOUGH. Alice Sebold writes interesting books.
I did an abc book report on it. :) Watch the movie too if you haven't seen it.

championanwar 12-17-2010 03:28 PM

Though I've told you this before. .I've read and am reading again "The Catcher in the Rye". I think that book is amazing and really well written. Kind of turning what is shown as so great in society and turning it on it's head, with a load of twists and turns. Probably my favourite.

smartdude1212 12-17-2010 03:51 PM

I finished reading Heat Lightning by John Sandford a few nights ago. The beginning and middle weren't anything special, but the ending picked up and I flew through the last third of the book.

I'm currently reading The Pact by Jodi Picoult and it already has me in deep thought. Coincidentally, the novel is about teen suicide, which is quite a topic around the forums these days.

As for my favourite book, I would have to go with Under the Dome by Stephen King. The ending might seem like a copout, but I'll be damned if I deny that the entire book was a thrill ride from start to finish. Previously, it was The Green Mile, also by King.

Andrew Mitchell 12-17-2010 04:17 PM

i've just read the fall by albert camus

about to read metamorpiss and other stories by kakfa

robertsona 12-17-2010 08:11 PM

frankenstein (for english class)

very good

dore 12-18-2010 02:03 AM

if reading plays count, then A Streetcar Named Desire.

if not, then The Sound and the Fury

FFRGreen 12-18-2010 03:43 AM

Last book I read was The Firm by John Grisham. Currently I am reading nothing for I have not gone to the library and my favorite book is The Rainmaker also by John Grisham.

zadkiel91 12-18-2010 08:06 AM

The last book I read was ''The Club Dumas'' by Arturo Perez-Reverte. I'm reading ''Blindness'' by Jose Saramago. Next on my list are ''The Dark Tower'' books, I've heard they are amazing!

infinity. 12-18-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dore (Post 3372936)
if reading plays count, then A Streetcar Named Desire.

if not, then The Sound and the Fury

did you fully grasp the sound and the fury? reading benjy's stuff made me pretty angry, but i absolutely adore faulkner..

also, my most recent book was Randy Pausch's The Last Lecture, and i'm about to re-read Heart of Darkness, but definitely not by choice..

Impulso 12-18-2010 02:33 PM

LOL, we had to read A Streetcar named Desire in our english class. We didn't have enough time to watch the movie, so I'm going to watch it over winter break.

The last book that I read was Margaret Laurence's "The Stone Angel". It's about an old lady who tries to tame her immeasurable pride, but ends up dying due to it. It's a really good book, filled with all sorts of symbols that connect to all sorts of allusions!

sakura080789 12-18-2010 02:36 PM

hmmmmm the last book i read was IT by Stephen King. it was so much better than the movie

CMMTeddy II 12-18-2010 02:46 PM

Right now I'm reading Atlas Shrugged, I bought it this summer but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I've always loved the whole futuristic-world-in-ruins sort of concept.

I'm undecided on my favorite book.

Glucuronolactone 12-18-2010 06:29 PM

Just yesterday I started The Attorney by Steve Martini. It has my attention and seems like a very interesting storyline. The next book I plan to read is The Killings at Badger's Drift, by Caroline Graham. It was published in the 1980's. However, an English show called Midsommer Murders is based off of Caroline Graham's books. Hopefully it will be just as interesting, if not more than, the TV series.

tofurox 12-18-2010 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertsona (Post 3372644)
frankenstein (for english class)

very good

Hey same here!

smartdude1212 12-18-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glucuronolactone (Post 3373543)
Just yesterday I started The Attorney by Steve Martini.

I was wandering through Chapters just recently and noticed a Steve Martini and started laughing because:

a) Martini;
b) almost Steve Martin.

I don't remember the book title though because I didn't even read the description. I was heading to the selection of Margaret Atwood titles. :lol:

dore 12-20-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinity. (Post 3373196)
did you fully grasp the sound and the fury? reading benjy's stuff made me pretty angry, but i absolutely adore faulkner..

yeah. you basically have to reread parts 1 and 2 after you read the whole thing because it helps you catch all the little references and stuff in the first two sections that only make sense in context (but the first two sections set up a broader context for the Jason sections)

LoveHurts67 12-20-2010 09:20 PM

Fahrenheit 451, I read it for school