Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   New and Updated [Oni] Token List! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=109805)

travman301 06-25-2009 09:22 AM

Re: New and Updated [Oni] Token List!

This whole thing is kind of ****ed up. Just because a lot of people got oni, doesn't mean that you should change the whole token.

The token says, "AAA a FMO song." Not, "AAA one of the hardest FMO."

I realize you are changing the text, but it still isn't quite right.

For example, when and if Otaku Edit comes out, undoubtedly most poeple will unlock it from Lolo. Does that mean its not a FGO?

Basically, what I'm trying to say is its unfair to punish the FFR community as a whole for getting better.

I, alongside of many others, have been working towards oni as a goal. And now that the summit is in sight, to take it away is unfair. I think you should either reconsider this, reset oni unlocks, or make an additional token for "FMO AAA ranging from such level to so and so level".

kmay 06-25-2009 09:29 AM

I kind of agree with travman. I have been getting so close to AAAing NWE. I have also gotten really close on Melonman's OP. Those songs are hard enough to be FMO's but not hard enough to unlock the token? Why should they even be FMO if they don't do anything. Perhaps lower then to VC or group the songs differently

mnnicol 06-25-2009 09:40 AM

I didn't bother reading the previous nine pages, but yeah...

+1 for the deletion of Oni from everyone's accounts even if it's not going to happen. Sure, some people got it during the avmiss, etc but those aren't the requirements in obtaining Oni now. If you can't meet the current requirements, why should you have it?

Plus, I highly doubt 400+ people are actually capable of getting Oni be it pre/post avmiss fix lul

Orrrr just go with the flow and *insert travman's post here*

SKG_Scintill 06-25-2009 09:43 AM

As I said, make a new difficulty for Low FMOs and High VCs, something like For Experts Only

Sprite- 06-25-2009 09:43 AM

I agree with mnnicol. I wish we could erase Oni from everyone's accounts, but that would be quite extreme...

Responding to what travman said about [Edit], we've already been discussing it for a while and neither lolo nor reality will be on the list to get [Edit].

The songs we took out shouldn't even be FMO's anymore. If we could, we'd change the difficulties of the songs themselves...but we don't have the power to do so. So we have to work with what we are given. Sorry guys xD

krunkykai22 06-25-2009 09:50 AM

I agree with sprite. LW1&4 i used to think were hard as shti. But I'm sdg'ing them like they were a VC. Going on spring wind, NWE, Choprite, silence are just annoying songs that were made FMO at the time and never dropped down to VC's. Look at every single one of the FMO now and compare them to the others. There's not competition. I do agree with the fact that if you AAA a FMO that is a FMO but not on the list you should get ONI tho. But hey, as stated before, this token was supposed to be the hardest skill token out there, they gotta keep the community trying and playing to get better and better correct?

mnnicol 06-25-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprite- (Post 3119688)
I agree with mnnicol. I wish we could erase Oni from everyone's accounts, but that would be quite extreme...

Extreme? Nah

But then again, if I had Oni myself, would I still support the idea? ;) (Most likely. Man up, FFR community.)

Adamaja456 06-25-2009 10:03 AM

Thats the down side to having a token with this kind of requirement. As more and more songs are added to the game and more people are increasing your skill potential, the rating of songs begin to decrease. The more i thought about it, the more i'm in favor of periodically going through the list of songs that can unlock oni and just making sure it has a high bar. This is definitely not a token for a huge group of people to unlock. But on the other hand, i dont think its right to strip away oni from a person who aaad an fmo back with avmisses. At that time period, the songs were fmos and people aaad them. Just because they are VC now doesnt mean they were always VC so the person didn't really aaa an fmo. It was a legitimate fmo aaa based on the ratings for that period. I think i was going to end with some really good point but i forgot :(

Ice wolf 06-25-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnnicol (Post 3119700)
Extreme? Nah

But then again, if I had Oni myself, would I still support the idea? ;) (Most likely. Man up, FFR community.)

Yeah, I would still want Oni to be deleted even if I had it. (Although I sure was trying hard to get it before I knew about these changes.)

leonid 06-25-2009 10:51 AM

FMO files get easier and easier for us as we whore FFR and increase skills over time.

Same logic doesn't apply to newbies, though. FMOs are as hard for them as they were when we had less experiences.

The higher we set the bar for getting {insert anything that requires high skills here}, the less newcomers there will be.

master q60 06-25-2009 10:54 AM

This thread is just like that we should also change the [heavy] songs. It would also mean that if you AAA'd famouz to get [heavy] it should be taken away. Because famouz is now a diff. of 62 and the req. is AAA a song with 65 diff.

Sapphirion 06-25-2009 10:59 AM

Famouz is gay. That is all. Lol

mnnicol 06-25-2009 11:01 AM

Alright, just wipe all the Otaku Heavy / Oni tokens and make the requirements for the list so that they may never have to be fiddled with again. Easy.

bballa48 06-25-2009 11:37 AM

I don't get taking away Lawn Wake 1. That file measures so many different skills. Speed, jump stream (with awkward stops in between), random fast ( and hard to read) rolls, stamina, and patience. Furthermore, it has ALWAYS been an FMO. If you recall, it was the first song to come out during the FMO/FGO event. It's not like it was a hard FMO with AV misses and then became "easy". LW4 fits that criteria very nicely, so go ahead and remove it.

The Strangeprogram removal confused me too. Sure, I personally don't think it's THAT hard. To me, it is very similar to Momentary Life ( which I think isn't bad as well.... how the heck is that an 83). Of course, people will freak out if I were to compare the files. Momentary life is just speed. It's slightly awkward as well (Shash :), but guess who stepped Strangeprogram?? Shash. So it's awkward in parts too. It's requires a ton of speed and stamina. It's a freakin 79! How can you take that off the list? You are telling me that Jeanie and Caroline and Summer Time Perfume are harder? Give me a freakin break.

The FFR community has improved drastically. Don't change a token so that no one can get it anymore. Make a new one.

EDIT:
In the first post it was stated that "the following have been removed from the ONI list because they had too many AAA's or were only FMO's because of AV miss." In what way does Radio Heads fit that criteria? It has 28 AAAs.

who_cares973 06-25-2009 12:19 PM

I agree with wiping all the heavy and oni unlocks. I also agree that there should be a token that's inbetween heavy and oni callt otaku speedvibe[whine]

Sprite- 06-25-2009 12:20 PM

Support +1

cedolad 06-25-2009 12:21 PM

Panda v2 should be on the list.

master q60 06-25-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3119829)
I agree with wiping all the heavy and oni unlocks. I also agree that there should be a token that's inbetween heavy and oni callt otaku speedvibe[whine]

So, it would be like AAA a VC or something?
and it would be called otaku speedvibe [expert]? lol

Etylukah 06-25-2009 12:38 PM

Sorry for off-topicness but.. is there anyone who AAA'd a FMO listed in the ''too easy to unlock Otaku Oni list'' and didn't unlock Oni?

who_cares973 06-25-2009 12:39 PM

Nah I think otaku speedvibe[whine] is a lot more fitting