Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Audio and Music Production (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Recommend me some 2022 albums +1000th album halp (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=137263)

robertsona 09-11-2020 12:10 PM

Re: Recommend me some 2020 albums halp

thanks for listening to ulla, it's a cool alb

Deadlyx39 09-15-2020 11:52 AM

Oh yeah the S&M2 album finally got released. No more bootleg YouTube videos needed for that.

rayword45 10-2-2020 12:06 AM

Day 767: Ohms by Deftones

Damn it's been nearly a month since I've done one of these, last time I did one I was 22 and now I'm 23! I also still have nothing interesting to say about anything I listen to. This has never really been my kind of band, but the acclaim they get from random internet circles and from a lot of people I know like several roommates I've had made me want to check this out, further by the hype this album is getting.

And I can't lie, this album is really well-done. There are remarkably few moments I'd call boring or bad, and when this album is at its peak, it's brimming with life and energy. I might actually return to this, and for something that sounds like this, from a band where the strongest reaction I can remember at all is a resounding "this is kinda cool" I'd say that's an accomplishment.

Best Track: This Link Is Dead
Rating: 7/10

rayword45 10-2-2020 01:42 AM

Day 768: Ultimate Success Today by Protomartyr

Insert text here

Best Track: fuck you it's 3AM I'm bored of doing R homework and doing this by now
Rating: 5/10

robertsona 10-11-2020 09:52 PM

Godcaster - Long Haired Locusts

WildZapdos 10-12-2020 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayword45 (Post 4730769)
Day 743: How I'm Feeling Now by Charli XCX

Ahh.... Fuck. Great. Now I'm a hipster whiteboy. Just kill me.

haha sweeet

WildZapdos 10-16-2020 12:09 PM

obviously i'm gonna suggest nectar, you should also do magic oneohtrix point never when that comes out but both of those are fairly obvious

choof 10-17-2020 06:55 PM

new autechre
btw I don't think it's all that great

rayword45 10-29-2020 12:26 AM

Day 769: SIGN by Autechre (Album Choice: choof)

yeah you're right choof this isn't very good to be honest, I still haven't listened to NTS Sessions and probably never will but I found most of this to be kinda boring. I like that it feels more melodic as a whole than most of elseq was but it's way too hit-or-miss for me to really love it. There are some really good cuts though.

I hate school.

Best Track: si00

rayword45 10-29-2020 02:04 AM

Day 770: PLUS by Autechre

This one came out days later after SIGN and I, err, like it more than the last one? Hard to say when you're listening to them back-to-back but this, while being less melodic overall, captures more of what I liked about most of Elseq. There are still a good chunk of tracks I find to be boring and uninspired overall but at the very least there are more obvious standouts on this one! Still not in love with it though, maybe a few more listens to both of these will help.

Best Track: X4
Rating: 6/10

Travis_Flesher 10-29-2020 02:34 AM

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to listen to these bands.

atomic spliff - well now
smash hit combo - spin the wheel
tribuman - slackline raggamuffin
emmure - a gift a curse
crystal lake - disobey
slave machine - relevant
fox lake - death from above
anything produced by Brice Hincker
gojira - the cell
tallah - no one should read this

You shold start receiving youtube channel recommendations to the hottest new heavy metal music videos and some superb bands coming outta France after viewing the material.

rayword45 10-29-2020 11:19 AM

Day 771: It Is What It Is by Thundercat

Seeing Louis Cole featured on here is funny. I still jam that first track off the album and NEVER play the rest of the album.

I've been dying to see this guy live for the longest time, but COVID put a halt to my plans for that. My mental health is worsening by the day, no it's not just lockdowns.

Anyways, this album, right, there's a few bangers, but it's just kinda boring. This sounds like my last review! Why am I still doing this? What the fuck am I gaining from this? Jesus Christ, whatever, anyways, yeah, few bangers, and a few softer songs are absolutely divine, but the rest is just what I'd call "pleasant enough" without leaving any sort of impact on you. I'm like 7 months late to reviewing this fuck me.

I still hate school.

Best Track: I Love Louis Cole

rayword45 10-29-2020 01:13 PM

Day 772: Middle Ouest by bergsonist

im tired yo, this one is mostly cool

Best Track: L'algorithme
Rating: 7/10

robertsona 10-30-2020 12:54 PM

try out that godcaster you bimbo

radioamor 10-31-2020 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayword45 (Post 4730600)
Day 738: Fountain by Lyra Pramuk

good content was written here but I don't want to make the post needlessly long

Ask me again in the fall.

Best Track: New Moon

Hi. It's fall. Would love to further probe your thoughts on this album whenever you have the time since this shit was my bread and butter when I first got ahold of it

MyNameIsNothing 11-8-2020 06:52 PM

meitei - kofū

rayword45 11-12-2020 08:14 AM

Day 773: The Allegory by Royce Da 5'9

I listened to this because it's COVID time and there's anti-vaxx lyrics here.

Without that information, this would still suck. This shit is preachy and annoying, AND BORING. I hate that I subjected myself to this while Master's classes continue to worsen my depression. Also no more spoken word plz. Why did I subject myself to this? What is wrong with me?

Best Track: There were one or two songs I remember finding catchy but I'm not going back to look
Rating: 3.5/10

rayword45 11-12-2020 03:37 PM

Day 774: Palimpsest by Lauren Bousfield

So this is Nero's Day At Disneyland apparently, and it mostly still sounds like that project! But there's now vocals, and a sort of pop vibe to a lot of these songs, except that pop vibe is kinda fucked over by the sheer abrasiveness of the glitchiness and drums go fast.

Part of me thinks this needs multiple more listens. Part of me thinks "eh, one more is probably all it takes to get it". I found myself absolutely loving some tracks, and found the rest to just be kinda annoying. Interestingly enough, being long or short has no dictation on how much I like a song on this album! Is that unusual for me? I don't know, so how the fuck would any of you know? I've been doing this shit for 7 YEARS NOW? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Best Track: Birds Falling Out Of The Sky or Futurelessness

rayword45 11-14-2020 10:21 AM

Day 775: Dead Cities by The Future Sound of London

This was pretty meh, dunno why it's so highly regarded. A few good cuts but some of the samples they use are annoying as fuck.

Best Track: My Kingdom

rayword45 11-23-2020 05:49 PM

Day 776: Positions by Ariana Grande

Shut the fuck up.

I still think that this woman is ridiculously overrated in terms of physical appearance by both men and women, but that has nothing to do with the music, I'm just saying that because it's something I find annoying and have found annoying for an insane amount of years now. In terms of music, overrated? Uh, sure maybe but I don't think I'm the target audience. I have very little opinion of what I've heard of her music mostly, it's mostly just completely forgettable to me.

Yeah, this is a snoozer. Sorry. The lyrics are the least boring part, and they're assfuckingly terrible. I'd like to think I'm a sex-positive person, but Ariana Grande + lyrics about her pussy = c'mon man this is the wrong artist. I get that she's probably trying to seem more mature but I'm just not feeling it. Beats? Snooooooooze. Features? Maybe the best part, and they're still sucky. This was a waste of time.

Best Track: Six Thirty
Rating: 4/10