Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Audio and Music Production (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Recommend me some 2022 albums +1000th album halp (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=137263)

PixlSM 03-12-2018 08:23 AM

Re: Recommend me some 2018 albums halp

Quote:

Originally Posted by noname219 (Post 4612799)
Do a track-by-track comparison of the two versions of Twin Fantasy

every old track > every new track

there you go

choof 03-12-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PixlSM (Post 4612801)
every old track > every new track

there you go

9.5/10 bettwr production but still a furry

PixlSM 03-12-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4612803)
9.5/10 bettwr production but still a furry

Poppier, cleaner, and above all more sterile production. Completely killed the album.

Trogdor!!!! 03-13-2018 04:57 PM

Re: 365 Reviews Done

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4612279)
yo narkopop fuckin sucks lmao

Not true you hater!!!

choof 03-16-2018 12:15 AM

please
take time away from whatever you have going on
and review the new fucking xxxtentacion
please

Gravity Kitten 03-16-2018 03:17 AM

the voidz - virtue

the album officially drops on the 30th but it just leaked today

rayword45 03-18-2018 02:08 PM

Day 444: ? by XXXTentacion (Album Choice: choof)

What the fuck dude, why? And also fuck that title.

So first thing first, that introduction was COMPLETELY unnecessary and didn't need to go on for more than 30 seconds, if that. After that, this seems to be lean more on the side of soft songs than hard bangers. That's good, because all these soft songs just sound like bad mid-2000s emo Hot Topic nonsense. It's pretty awful, but nowhere near as awful as when he tries to make an actual banger. Floor 555 sounds like Eminem gone digital hardcore, Going Down doesn't have the vibe to justify it's subject matter or general existence, $$$ just sounds more and more idiotic with every passing pitchshifted adlib. All of these songs infuriate you because they have no reason to exist, whereas most of the soft shit is just corny and laughable (I actually laughed out loud to Changes). The pure rock shit is mercifully the least commonly reoccuring stuff, because that stuff goes beyond awful into so-bad-its-good territory before looping back to so-bad-you-wanna-die. What even is Schizophrenia?

Actually lemme fix that, not every soft song is superior to the bangers, depending on what qualifies as the former. Pain = BESTFRIEND went from potential highlight to "whoa whoa whoa what are these TERRIBLE emo screams?"

Onto the good. infinity (888) is an actually decent banger, no doubt thanks 100% to Joey Bada$$ and I don't even speak spanish lol is sufficiently groovy.

That ends the good. Why the fuck you do this, choof?

These titles are fucking stupid.

Best Track: infinity (888)
Rating: 3/10

choof 03-18-2018 02:13 PM

I only did it because it's easily one of the worst albums of the year, quite possibly the worst

Gravity Kitten 03-21-2018 12:21 PM

im sad i know yeh:(

Gravity Kitten 03-26-2018 06:52 PM

https://owane.bandcamp.com/album/yeah-whatever

rayword45 03-29-2018 08:36 PM

Day 445: We Beefin? by at Wendys

I expected this to be so bad it's funny or so bad it's depressing. Instead it's just bad in a boring, uninspiring way. Everything about this EP is dry and generic as fuck besides the atrocious adverlyrics. This did not satisfy my masochistic side at all.

To spice up this review, I blasted it and forced my mom to listen to it with me. Some choice quotes

"I don't like it"
"Is it over yet?"
"Is that a man or a woman? So nasal."
"We're all gonna die soon."

So from a woman who likes her momrock, not good.

Best Track: No
Rating: 1.5/10

rayword45 04-1-2018 03:45 PM

Day 446: Lil Boat 2 by Lil Yachty

The only use this album has is as a cure for insomniacs. Fucking terrible.

Best Track: IT'S ALL THE SAME MUMBLESHIT
Rating: 2/10

Kairon 04-2-2018 02:53 PM

Have I pimped myself out yet?

If not, "Worthless!" by halfcrash

rayword45 04-4-2018 12:11 AM

Day 447: FEVER by Black Milk

Three listens and I still don't got much to say, let's do this one quick so I can get back to my homework.

Some highlights, True Lies is groovy as fuck, Drown is gorgeous, and Foe Friend is great too. In general, these beats are great and what I've been looking for recently. Also, the album doesn't outstay its welcome, which still is a serious virtue in hip-hop.

Lowlight? Eh, I guess the delivery could use a little work, and autotune here and there seems out of place. Overall though, not bad!

Best Track: Drown
Rating: 7.5/10

rayword45 04-8-2018 06:07 PM

Day 448: Isolation by Kali Uchis

i got banned from rym for shitposting too much :(

This is a good album. Probably will end up in my top 10. Only song that I didn't like was Your Teeth In My Neck. Even the interludes are smooth as fuck.

I had a whole bunch more written for this but decided to abandon it all because fuck it.

Best Track: Flight 22
Rating: 9/10

rayword45 04-18-2018 09:05 PM

Day 449: Song For Alpha by Daniel Avery (Album Choice: internet music nerds)

"Yo somehow this music is blending in PERFECTLY with the pop music blasting in this car. They don't contrast at all, which is scary... okay that's probably just a first track thing.

Sensation is great."

That was all I managed to write down on my first go through with this album, before slinking off into half-sleep. I've listened to this album about five times now. Before, I would shit out a review towards the end of an album to get it over with, but this one caused me to lose words. "Before" was the absolute wrong word to use considering I still do that, it's just that this album is specifically difficult to shitpost out a review to. That's a good thing!

Geogaddi is one of my all-time favorite albums, and this album seems to capture that same vibe that I love in large part, although this one definitely isn't as dark and there are more "danceable" moments here, using that term lightly (basically where the albums house flavor shows up). Either way, a great, great album and rivaling Kali for my current favorite of 2018 spot. Unlike Boards of Canada though, I can confidently say that the short tracks here really don't have shit on the long tracks.

Best Track: Quick Eternity
Rating: 8.5/10

rayword45 04-18-2018 10:21 PM

Day 450: Invasion of Privacy by Cardi B (Album Choice: Jeremy L. and J. S. (name so esoteric I felt obligated to use initials for privacy))

My school won the Tinder swipe-off, where the university with the most right swipes gets a free Cardi B concert.

On a motherfucking Wednesday.

And you bet your ass that I'm gonna go get my ticket tomorrow, because hell, Bodak Yellow annoys the living shit out of me, but no matter what free kicks the everloving shit out of $120+ to say I saw her within my lifetime. And everyone around me is saying this album is surprisingly fire, my internet music nerd friends, my poor Bostonian friends, my white-privileged Bostonian friends, even my fellow Bodak Yellow haters. The only people who have talked shit about it to me haven't even listened to it, they're just biased against the artist for whatever reason ("man all she does is rap about HOE SHIT, maan" well yeah but don't all rappers?). Anyways, let's get this going while I continue on my homework. I predict that I'll enjoy this album a decent amount, but it definitely won't reach the heights of Isolation. It just isn't possible for that to happen on first listen, mainly for the incredibly stupid reason that I find Kali Uchis more attractive than just about any other popular musician right now... Shallow, I know, cut me some slack I'm a hormonal 20-year-old with shitty social skills.

I wasn't exactly sold by the first track, but the following two tracks are exactly the bouncy kind of fun I was hoping for.

And then yup, I still don't like Bodak Yellow. Also, this Chance the Rapper song is fucking ruined by Chance the Rapper, who I actually like. The other features aren't nearly as song-trashing, but they're mostly superfluous minus Kehlani, who adds a much appreciated smooth, sexy touch to one of the softer tracks. Even SZA feels irrelevant to the song, which is a big disappointment.

But besides those minor gripes, this is loaded to the brim with fun, energetic bangers. It's not even close to flawless, mind you, but I can see myself enjoying this concert a lot, so I think this album accomplished its mission. There are also some more melodic pop tracks like Ring and Thru Your Phone, which are good for all intents and purposes (except the latter of the ones I mentioned) but I don't see myself enjoying those live much at all. Either way, good album with only a couple of actively agitating tracks.

Best Track: I Like It (now THAT's a fire beat)
Rating: 7/10

rayword45 04-26-2018 02:24 PM

Day 451: The Scientists by Sleep

Yeah I know I'm almost a week late, fuckin shoot me.

These lyrics are a bit more laughable than Dopesmoker in my opinion, but who the fuck listens to an Al Cisernos project for the lyrics? This is all about the riffs, and riffs are delivered. Antarcticans Thawed is easily the best song on this album with that gorgeous, Boris-esque build-up, the most entrancing solo of a fucking showcase of them on the album (and y'all know I usually hate wank except on my own OK I'll stop), and a swirling atmosphere that keeps your head bobbing throughout. I didn't wanna say headbanging because... eh fuck it. Yeah this is a headbanger. A really slow one, but a fucking phenomenal headbanger nonetheless.

All five of the tracks after the experimental intro are phenomenal, as a matter of fact. This shit is awesome. Is it better than Dopesmoker? No, but that's really hard to beat. The vocals are a bit too clean for my taste but regardless, this comes highly recommended.

Best Track: I just fucking said it
Rating: 9/10

rayword45 04-29-2018 10:10 PM

Day 452: Chapter 66 - Layed Back Rollin' by DJ Screw

I just played this one randomly without even realizing it's posthumous.

It's good but not amazing. I can't remember a single track title.

Best Track: What the fuck did I just say?
Rating: 6.5/10

Shikari 05-1-2018 03:44 AM

I see you like Stoner Rock/Metal, so try Sundrifter - Variations, been having a good time with it lately.