Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   [Quest Active] FFR Awakens (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145874)

TheSaxRunner05 10-27-2016 11:34 PM

[Quest Active] FFR Awakens

Chapter 1:

SkyFall

A deep slumber had been cast over FFR, a penetrating fog that sent all who came in contact with it into a deep, dreamless sleep. Not a finger twitched; not a single arrow was smashed. No music played and all was silent. The great silence fell in winter and lasted a great many months: the weather warmed and plants grew - then the sun became hot with a ferocious heat - then at last the heat ebbed and fall came. As the sun gave up its reign over the land, the deep slumber began to slowly lift over all of FFR. There were a vast many who did not awaken: for every ten that slumbered, only one could be fortunate enough to survive the great silence. On the ninth day of the tenth month, an arrow fell from the sky ....

VisD came to with a thick green slime encrusted on his eyelids. At first the tiredness was too much, and he almost drifted back into the nothingness of the great silence. A feeling of sudden dread awoke him from the brink, and he wiped the thick crusted that had encased his eyes. For the first time in many months, light flooded into his eyeballs, and his eyes needed many minutes to adjust to the new sensation. Once able, he looked around his landscape, and to his surprise, notice thousands of arrows, spread about the land, with many more falling from the sky. A dark, forbidding shadow was cast over the land: danger was approaching.

VisD looked for some allies - there had to be someone else in this nearly deserted land whom he could ally with. Looking around, he saw Sickufully starting to awaken a few yards away. "This is Madness!" VisD spoke aloud for the first time in many months; his own voice sounding alien and strange. "Wake Up!"

Sickufully began to rise, just as an earthquake tore across the landscape, knocking both Sickufully and VisD to the ground. The tremors last for minutes, awakening many more keysmashers across the land. These earthquakes were not natural in origin - a giant beast of impossible size roared with an intensity that seemed to split the air around them. FFR was in ruins, and dangerous beasts roamed the world.

VisD recognized ULTIMEGA a few yards away and called out to him.
"Wake Up, Gladiator, from The Big Sleep! It is Time to see What Lies Beyond the Mountains." A small band gathered under the fading stars and ventured out to collect the fallen arrows of the land. They would need them to return the world back to its former glory.

"Gather our people," Sickufully announced - "For tomorrow night, we will begin our journey to reclaim our past - and fight for our future. We will gather these arrows, and use them skillfully against the beasts that threaten this land. All who help us will be rewarded."

"Yes," said Ultimega, "we will reveal our plan of attack tomorrow. There will be directions on how to help us, as well as payment."

Only a small band of Keysmashers stood in that valley, but there was a sense of a new hope in the land. Underneath that hope was determination: it would take several quests to reclaim the world of FFR.

Chapter One Quest:
The Keysmashers headed out one by one to collect the arrows spread about across the land. Upon reconvening in the valley, a giant troll staggered in over the hillside. The ground shook with each step and it approached. It was time to put the Keysmashers to the test!

Adventurers Notes

Collect Arrows First
First you must collect arrows by fully passing a song and submitting a screenshot to this thread. The screenshot must be of the results screen. I will catalogue everyone's current level as of their first submission for the basis for the rest of the event. Only one person can claim each song while collecting arrows. Anyone who posts a score for the same chart will have to play a new song. When you submit a chart, you gain the number of arrows the song had for later use.

Check the spreadsheet to see what songs people have submitted for -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

You are permitted 5 song submissions for chapter one -
Up to Three arrow claiming scores and up to Four Attacking scores, no more than 5 total.

Once you have arrows at your ready, you may attack the troll.

Attacking Instructions/Mechanics

You may submit any song to attack a monster, but a song can only count once for each player offensively. You may improve scores if the monster is still alive to deal additional damage. The arrows you use will be deducted from the arrows you've collected. The Damage you deal to the troll will be

(15+(AAA Equivalency of your score ) - your level).

Due to the formula, the AAA equivalency of your score must be within 15 of your level to do any damage. This allows anyone of any skill level to deal damage. If you must go back and collect more arrows, check the list to see what songs are unclaimed, and submit a score for arrow count.

When you post a screenshot, post whether you are collecting arrows, or attacking the monster. You must have collected errors in order to log an attack. Remember, there is a Five song Maximum for this round - this includes songs for collecting arrows And attacks

Chapter 1 Boss: Giant Troll - Defense 15, HP 250

Please ask right away if you have any questions - remember collecting arrows is first come, first serve! Check the spreadsheet above for who has submitted for what song. Once the Troll is dead, no more attacking scores will be accepted, and credits will be divided based on percentage of the Enemies' health in damage dealt.

Sample Round Submissions and stats -

Submission 1 - Arrow Collecting: T&J - Claims 4,444 Arrows
Total Arrows: 4,444

Submission 2 - Fight: Scores 70 AAA equivalency on S.E.B. in B.E.D.
15 + (70) - My Level (71) = 14 damage dealt.
Subtract 1,655 Arrows -
2,789 Arrows Remain

Submission 3 - Fight: 68 AAA equivalency on Arsonist [Heavy]
15 + 68 (score) - 71 (my level) = 12 damage dealt
Subtract 2,125 Arrows -
664 Arrows Remain

Submission 4 - Fight: Arrow Collecting: Max Forever- claims 2,709 Arrows
Up to 3,373 Arrows

Submission 5 - Fight: 66 AAA Equiv. on Quark
15 + 66 - 71 = 10 damage dealt
Subtract 1,180 Arrows
2193 Arrows Remain for the next round

Remember to check the spreadsheet when claiming arrows so that you are the only one claiming the song - arrow collection is First Come First Serve!

*Event Notes*

This will be a community based event where anyone of any skill level will be invited to post scores. I will be keeping some google drive spreadsheets to track submissions. I plan on having a quest per weekend for at least 4 weeks, maybe more depending on community engagement. I personally have about 100,000 credits to divy out over the storyline. Donations will be accepted, and every credit given will be returned to participants of the event.

Also if anyone else is interested in writing a chapter and posing an idea for the challenge at the end of it, feel free to PM me. I truly want this to be a community event. I would welcome the community involvement, just remember to include ways of including all skill levels a chance to contribute to the event.

Prize Pool: 200,000
Me: 100,000
PhantomPuppy: 100,000

TheSaxRunner05 10-28-2016 12:14 AM

Re: FFR Awakens

RESERVED POST

If you'd like to be put on a PM list for this event, let me know

PhantomPuppy 10-28-2016 06:05 PM

sent over 100k for the event, might participate if i have time? we'll see.

TheSaxRunner05 10-28-2016 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomPuppy (Post 4488373)
sent over 100k for the event, might participate if i have time? we'll see.

Thank you! I'll update a section of OP for Prize Pool.

The first task will be out tonight.

TheSaxRunner05 10-28-2016 08:44 PM

The Keysmashers headed out one by one to collect the arrows spread about across the land. Upon reconvening in the valley, a giant troll staggered in over the hillside. The ground shook with each step and it approached. It was time to put the Keysmashers to the test!

Adventurers Notes

You are permitted 5 song submissions for chapter one - Up to Three arrow claiming scores and up to Four Attacking scores, no more than 5 total . First you must collect arrows by fully passing a song and submitting a screenshot to this thread. The screenshot must be of the results screen. I will catalogue everyone's current level as of their first submission for the basis for the rest of the event. Only one person can claim each song while collecting arrows. Anyone who posts a score for the same chart will have to play a new song. When you submit a chart, you gain the number of arrows the song had for later use.

Check the spreadsheet to see what songs people have submitted for -

Once you have arrows at your ready, you may attack the troll.

Attacking Instructions/Mechanics

You may submit any song to attack a monster, but a song can only count once for each player offensively. You may improve scores if the monster is still alive to deal additional damage. The arrows you use will be deducted from the arrows you've collected. The Damage you deal to the troll will be

(15+(AAA Equivalency of your score ) - your level).

Due to the formula, the AAA equivalency of your score must be within 15 of your level to do any damage. This allows anyone of any skill level to deal damage. If you must go back and collect more arrows, check the list to see what songs are unclaimed, and submit a score for arrow count.

When you post a screenshot, post whether you are collecting arrows, or attacking the monster. You must have collected errors in order to log an attack. Remember, there is a Five song Maximum for this round - this includes songs for collecting arrows And attacks

Chapter 1 Boss: Giant Troll - Defense 15, HP 250

Please ask right away if you have any questions - remember collecting arrows is first come, first serve! Check the spreadsheet above for who has submitted for what song. Once the Troll is dead, no more attacking scores will be accepted, and credits will be divided based on percentage of the Enemies' health in damage dealt.

Sample Round Submissions and stats -
Submission 1 - Arrow Collecting: T&J - Claims 4,444 Arrows
Total Arrows: 4,444

Submission 2 - Fight: Scores 70 AAA equivalency on S.E.B. in B.E.D.
15 + (70) - My Level (71) = 14 damage dealt.
Subtract 1,655 Arrows -
2,789 Arrows Remain

Submission 3 - Fight: 68 AAA equivalency on Arsonist [Heavy]
15 + 68 (score) - 71 (my level) = 12 damage dealt
Subtract 2,125 Arrows -
664 Arrows Remain

Submission 4 - Fight: Arrow Collecting: Max Forever- claims 2,709 Arrows
Up to 3,373 Arrows

Submission 5 - Fight: 66 AAA Equiv. on Quark
15 + 66 - 71 = 10 damage dealt
Subtract 1,180 Arrows
2193 Arrows Remain for the next round

Remember to check the spreadsheet when claiming arrows so that you are the only one claiming the song - arrow collection is First Come First Serve!

Edit:// OP has been clarified to be a little more clear - this post was not. They both have the same information, but the OP is formatted slightly differently

Precarious 10-29-2016 10:53 AM

Re: [Quest Active] FFR Awakens

I guess I'll get this started.

Arrows Submission:

Ghost_Medley 10-29-2016 12:00 PM

(with both scores i jumped to level 87 so it should be 15 + (90.52 - 87.16) attack)
One arrow collection:

And one attack:

leaving me with 1775 arrows left

TheSaxRunner05 10-29-2016 12:26 PM

Updated spreadsheet to here, arrows remaining and total arrows claimed are updated with formulas when I add your scores

Jpshadsy 10-29-2016 02:37 PM

Not sure if i understand this right, but let me know if this is a pass or not. Thanks!

TheSaxRunner05 10-29-2016 02:49 PM

That's good, all you need to do is complete the song (not fail) to claim your arrows, only the attack looks at your AAA equivalency

Jpshadsy 10-29-2016 02:54 PM

Well the last and this one are my Arrow Claiming then.

Hakulyte 10-29-2016 04:53 PM

Can I submit scores that are tokens?

Travis_Flesher 10-29-2016 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpshadsy (Post 4488501)

!

If you're getting a whole lot more perfects than amazings you should try setting your judge offset to -0.02. Helped me out a lot anyway.

Hakulyte 10-29-2016 05:16 PM

2 Arrow Collection:

(5851 arrows)

(4444 arrows)

2 Arrow Attack:

(4711 arrows)

(1787 arrows)

Arrows left: 3797

TheSaxRunner05 10-29-2016 05:39 PM

Token songs are allowed