Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Tokens/Prize Distribution Guide (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=130796)

TC_Halogen 06-30-2013 08:27 PM

Tokens/Prize Distribution Guide

The slight confusion from a few users in my MP tournament has actually given me the idea to create a guide for token prizes. Such a guide exists, but it is hidden within the confines of the Events Discussion subforum, which only a select few people can view. Those of you that were somewhat confused -- I really appreciate you all coming clean and admitting that you weren't sure, because now I can prevent people from being unaware in the future.

The information has been very slightly modified to be appropriate for players, and not my Event Staff that occasionally has the opportunity to choose Event tokens for site-wide events.

Tournament Specific Tokens
Fractured Sunshine: Fractured Sunshine now supercedes FREEDOM DiVE as a top 16 tournament token. In the 6th Official Tournament, FREEDOM DiVE was handed out to those who achieved 12th place or better in any given division with intentions to be tournament specific. However, the token was handed out more frequently prior to the 7th Official Tournament.

Unconnected.: Unconnected is awarded to anyone that completes an Official Tournament while being involuntarily placed into Division 7. A regular tournament placement is involuntary to any given user -- that is, they cannot choose what division they belong in; only tournament staff can decide their appropriate divisional level. Giving this token to those involuntarily placed in Division 7 prevents players considerably below the standard of this division from gaining access to the token.

These tokens will not be given outside of the official tournament. The purpose of these tokens is to award the achievement of competitive milestones.

Multi-Purpose Tokens
Vertex BETA Vrofl: Released as the first song of the week in April of 2007, it coincidentally landed on April 1st, 2007, and was intended on being a joke release for a second version of Vertex BETA, a more index-friendly/enjoyable near-FMO file that people to this day still struggle with.

Vertex BETA Vrofl will be rarely handed out. Vertex BETA Vrofl is the only listed multi-purpose token, and continues to remain somewhat elusive. Most of the requirements for achieving it are relatively difficult, like breaking one billion points in a day, fifty billion points overall, or top 8 in a FFR Official Tournament. Despite the quality of the file, this token cannot be handed out frequently -- it should require a large amount of effort to obtain.

Event Tokens
FREEDOM DiVE: Initially intended as a top ten prize for a gamewhoring contest during a joint FFR/ThirdStyle event, FREEDOM DiVE was complained to be far too exclusive for enjoyment by hi19hi19, who is the simfile author of the song. It was later used in the 6th Official Tournament as a top 16 tournament token to alleviate this exclusivity, and later became used as a regular event token during nois-or-e's 7th Official Tournament.

The Wisest Were Wrong: The Wisest Were Wrong was part of a 3-song release on April Fools day in 2012, and was one of two songs with scripted modifier changes. These timed modifier changes contained within the level's ActionScript caused many different things to happen like spinning receptors, fading arrows, noteskin changes, and many other visually distracting effects. It was used as an event token for the 7th Official Tournament, and continues to be used as one.

These tokens are given out during some of the more important/intensive events. A good rule of thumb: if an event is a repeated event that attracts a large amount of attention by the community (Xth Official Tournament, Xth Gamewhoring Contest, etc), it'll usually have at least one event token for a prize.

Support Tokens
Dendrite v2: Dendrite v2 was the first official support token, released on August 20th, 2008. After the artist support system was scrapped, Dendrite v2 was given an unlock requirement of 500 million points in a single day. If the intentions are to release specific support tokens for events, this one will typically be given to the toughest requirement, as it is arguably the most difficult/time consuming to unlock.

Tell v3: Tell v3 was the last official support token, released on February 10th, 2009. After the artist support system was scrapped, Tell v3 was given an unlock requirement of ten identical 1,000,000+ point scores in a row, within a day.

Coactive [Over My Shoulder Mix]: Coactive [Over My Shoulder Mix] was the second official support token, released on February 4th, 2009. After the artist support system was scrapped, Coactive [Over My Shoulder Mix] was given an unlock requirement of 50 unique AAAs on easy difficulty files or higher (5 or higher on 20 point scale; 12 or higher on 99 point scale) in under 24 hours.

These tokens are considerably easier to come by, and can be achieved by anyone with a little bit of effort. These will be the go to tokens for smaller events. However, these tokens will rarely be released faster than one at a time for any events. If an event is a bit more lengthy/strenous/effort-driven, then multiple tokens will be distributed.

Any questions about this can be posted in the thread at any time, as it is stickied.

RNGRX 06-30-2013 08:32 PM

Re: Tokens/Prize Distribution Guide

This helps a lot. Thanks for adding this. In depth and colorful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3930396)
Unconnected is awarded to anyone that completes an Official Tournament while being involuntarily placed into Division 7.

No more requesting D7 :c

redsea 06-30-2013 08:35 PM

I made a thread asking about this earlier today! Thanks a bunch for this!

TC_Halogen 06-30-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNGRX (Post 3930398)
This helps a lot. Thanks for adding this. In depth and colorful.

No more requesting D7 :c

:p

it's actually always been this way, haha

redsea: Glad I could help!

Xiz 06-30-2013 08:41 PM

This helps so much. I never knew. Sticky perhaps >.>

RNGRX 06-30-2013 08:44 PM

You should also add that support tokens are not automatically given like skill tokens and require screenshots of the achievement with the FFR clock visible.

Viisbyxa 06-30-2013 08:47 PM

Neat guide, thanks!

Question: lately I've seen many people saying "The Wises Were Wrong"; it was originally released as "The Wisest Were Wrong" (iirc) and is called the latter in this thread. What's the deal with that?

@above: there's a specific thread for those, maybe just a link to that would be sufficient so information is less likely to become outdated.

Xx{Midnight}xX 06-30-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Fractured Sunshine: Fractured Sunshine now supercedes FREEDOM DiVE as a top 16 tournament token. In the 6th Official Tournament, FREEDOM DiVE was handed out to those who achieved 12th place or better in any given division with intentions to be tournament specific. However, the token was handed out more frequently prior to the 7th Official Tournament.

Great guide, but no matter how many times I see it, I always laugh at FS being a tourney exclusive, or even still being in game.

(I also laugh at Wisest.)

Now, we're finally gonna start sorting them out properly so threads like this aren't needed right?

I'd be more than glad to sort them and do write ups for it and such.

TC_Halogen 07-1-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNGRX (Post 3930412)
You should also add that support tokens are not automatically given like skill tokens and require screenshots of the achievement with the FFR clock visible.

This information is in the guide for actually obtaining support tokens. I can append pieces of it into this one, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3930434)
Great guide, but no matter how many times I see it, I always laugh at FS being a tourney exclusive, or even still being in game.

(I also laugh at Wisest.)

Now, we're finally gonna start sorting them out properly so threads like this aren't needed right?

I'd be more than glad to sort them and do write ups for it and such.

This thread wasn't created because of improper sorting -- the tokens have been known as event tokens/support tokens/tournament tokens for a while now. I couldn't really figure out a way to classify Vrofl considering it's handed out on really big events, but not on really small ones.

In any event, this should help with the confusion a bit.

redsea 07-1-2013 09:32 AM

How much effort does it take to get 1 bill points in one day?

axith 07-1-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsea (Post 3930665)
How much effort does it take to get 1 bill points in one day?

Very few people have done it. You'll want to set aside a day. Unlock Dendrite v2 (500 mil) for a taste. It's not fun. It's mentally draining.

SC_coolguy44 07-1-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axith (Post 3930667)
Very few people have done it. You'll want to set aside a day. Unlock Dendrite v2 (500 mil) for a taste. It's not fun. It's mentally draining.

You would also need some kind of motivation to do it (for example the gamewhoring contest).

Lambdadelta 07-1-2013 09:49 AM

Great thread, thanks for taking the time to make it for the community.

redsea 07-1-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axith (Post 3930667)

Yeah, I am thinking about doing that first just to see if i am even capable of doing twice that amount. I will try to set aside a day one of these days when i cant see my girlfriend.

YoshL 07-1-2013 02:31 PM

i think there have been 11 or 12 people who have made it to 1 billion points in a day.

redsea 07-4-2013 06:51 AM

Freedom Dive should be made public just for today as a treat this fourth of July! Get it, FREEDOM dive :) might be a cool idea!

igotrhythm 07-4-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsea (Post 3930773)
Yeah, I am thinking about doing that first just to see if i am even capable of doing twice that amount. I will try to set aside a day one of these days when i cant see my girlfriend.

When they say a day, they mean all 24 hours of it. Judging from the latest gamewhore tournament that saw Foxfire and Dossar both break the 1.5 billion mark, you're probably looking at 10-12 hours just to get to 500 million.

Lambdadelta 07-4-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redsea (Post 3932580)
Freedom Dive should be made public just for today as a treat this fourth of July! Get it, FREEDOM dive :) might be a cool idea!

Nah we got a token for 4th of July.
Pass July with 4 good, 0 averages, 4 misses and 0 boos.

TC_Halogen 07-4-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igotrhythm (Post 3932591)
When they say a day, they mean all 24 hours of it. Judging from the latest gamewhore tournament that saw Foxfire and Dossar both break the 1.5 billion mark, you're probably looking at 10-12 hours just to get to 500 million.

If you're a decent player and are willing to focus your full attention on scoring, you can rack up 650,000,000 in around 6 hours if you sit down and play VS Boss Battle over and over again as long as you cut off just before the end of the song. During the Gamewhore competition, I kinda just decided on the fly that I wanted to get top 10 for that day -- I started at 5 AM, did it for like an hour, ran some errands with Kayla, kept going at like 1 PM, and then stopped again at like 2:30 PM to go to sleep, and ran from 6 PM to 11 PM. I called it quits after landing precisely on my desired goal of 650,000,000 (in fact, I was looking at my level ranks to find a song that would land me right on that number).

I took a stupid way, though -- the fact that I played VS Boss Battle over and over again and actually PA'd it every time was dumb; I had a 99.11% perfect ratio for 650,000,000 points, rofl

ryuyasha 11-14-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Coactive [Over My Shoulder Mix] was the second official support token, released on February 4th, 2009. After the artist support system was scrapped, Coactive [Over My Shoulder Mix] was given an unlock requirement of 50 unique AAAs on easy difficulty files or higher (5 or higher on 20 point scale; 12 or higher on 99 point scale).

Is it still part of the requirement that this must be completed within a single 24 hour server-time day? I saw the wording here did not include that part, but do not want to get my hopes up for no reason.

Also the token info page simply says 5 or higher. Seems like this could be confusing, and ultimately a let down at the end of a day, since the 99 point scale is the default as well as being preferred by most people whose preference I am aware of.