Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   D8 Deb8 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151134)

psychoangel691 08-3-2019 04:05 PM

D8 Deb8

Edit: Posts from the tournament thread have been moved here to have the discussion about D8 and free up the tournament thread for more important information regarding it. D8 can easily be swapped in or out so it really doesn't need to clutter that thread. Please keep all discussion about it here.

Fixed

MarcusHawkins 08-3-2019 04:08 PM

Re: 12th Official Tournament

hahaha you actually did it!
Put Etienne in there too while you're at it! ;)

Shxfted 08-3-2019 04:58 PM

Oh I'm D8 now

psychoangel691 08-3-2019 05:05 PM

Honestly, there's really not even close to enough people to be doing an additional division and I'm not sure where the cutoff should even be yet.

The better thing to do would probably be to re-work all the divisions and stay with 7 because we don't even have 300 participants but doing that shortly before the tournament starts would be lengthy and piss a lot of people off depending where they're bumped.

Doing what I can to make everyone happy, but there's only so much I can do with it.

psychoangel691 08-3-2019 05:23 PM

My other current dilemma is that the specialized color for the site and token was meant to be something special for reaching the top division. If we're changing the top, it invalidates those.

MixMasterLar 08-3-2019 05:39 PM

Rename D8 "Golden Shiny Gods"
D7 is still the top as far as mortals go and gets the color/token.

Becoming a GSG is it's own reward.

Boom problem solved

TC_Halogen 08-3-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shxfted (Post 4690609)
Oh I'm D8 now

psychoangel691 08-3-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4690618)
Rename D8 "Golden Shiny Gods"
D7 is still the top as far as mortals go and gets the color/token.

Becoming a GSG is it's own reward.

Boom problem solved

If it's going to be kept for D7 when it's not top anymore then all divisions should be assigned their colors imo.

Dinglesberry 08-3-2019 05:58 PM

give d8 players a cool outlined name like urs and leave d7 grey

psychoangel691 08-3-2019 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4690625)
give d8 players a cool outlined name like urs and leave d7 grey

I can't

rushyrulz 08-3-2019 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4690613)
My other current dilemma is that the specialized color for the site and token was meant to be something special for reaching the top division. If we're changing the top, it invalidates those.

Not in favor of moving goalposts for milestone rewards. Goal posts are always in motion for skill cap, but we can create new rewards to accommodate if needed

TC_Halogen 08-3-2019 06:10 PM

of course people aren't in favor

but people seemed pretty quick to jump on moving goal posts for competition

edit: nice edit - still a double standard and your change doesn't make anything different; the concept of those special titles was for the top of the top players - guess what: d7's not there anymore. if we're going to be so adamant about forcing a d8, there should be other changes too to make it objectively sound to make the change

psychoangel691 08-3-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4690629)
Not in favor of moving goalposts for milestone rewards. Goal posts are always in motion for skill cap, but we can create new rewards to accommodate if needed

It was a TOP division reward though, and if D7 is no longer the top it ruins the whole purpose of it. There's only so much we have to offer here.

Personally, I'm not in favor of a D8. However, I'm doing what I can to make the community happy, but there have to be limits.

Dinglesberry 08-3-2019 06:17 PM

personally i feel there arent enough lvl 100+ files atm to support d8 but im also not d8 so ye

Dinglesberry 08-3-2019 06:57 PM

im too colorblind to tell but the d8 title looks really similar to the stepfile author title but nice

One Winged Angel 08-3-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 4690630)
of course people aren't in favor

but people seemed pretty quick to jump on moving goal posts for competition

edit: nice edit - still a double standard and your change doesn't make anything different; the concept of those special titles was for the top of the top players - guess what: d7's not there anymore. if we're going to be so adamant about forcing a d8, there should be other changes too to make it objectively sound to make the change

Fwiw I personally don't have any qualms with exclusive perks for D8 despite how few players might represent that division. The feats they're capable of deserve special mention of some sort.

That's contingent on the floor for the division making sense though. No disrespect intended because you're obviously a very good player but I don't think you belong in D8 based on your FFR scores. I feel like the line has been very weirdly drawn between you and I on the skill rating leaderboards temporarily which makes me believe you might just want in for whatever exclusive titles or perks will come from this (also potentially in an effort to make me reconsider pitching the need for this to begin with now that perks exist that I won't have access to? I have no idea). Without exerting much effort I feel like I could pass both you and shadow on the leaderboards but simultaneously acknowledge I most certainly don't belong in that division (that's not to imply yours or shadow's top 15s are optimized, just a point I'm illustrating). If after I post this you end up getting some absurd score 103+ equivalency that's more indicative of competing at that level, that's another thing.

And before I get some response involving 'more than skill rating is being factored in here' or something, I'm just stating factually where the line is drawn currently for people that have signed up based on skill rankings. It needs to be higher, even at the expense of including fewer competitors. Someone fucking AAA'd RATO.

MikeShinoda12345 08-3-2019 08:10 PM

dude what is happening i just woke up lmao
Yeah I think there should be a D8 too but right before the start of the Official sounds like a logistical nightmare and I think it'd make more sense some arbitrary, more convenient time in the future
Another division makes sense in terms of doing justice to the variance in skill levels within the community, but it doesn't make sense in terms of the songs and player population ready to support a D8

It honestly sounds like too much work and hassle for the organizers, and too much chaos among the community, for a change that is happening at an inconvenient time and only affects a tiny tiny tiny portion of us anyways

psychoangel691 08-3-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 4690659)
Fwiw I personally don't have any qualms with exclusive perks for D8 despite how few players might represent that division. The feats they're capable of deserve special mention of some sort.

That's contingent on the floor for the division making sense though. No disrespect intended because you're obviously a very good player but I don't think you belong in D8 based on your FFR scores. I feel like the line has been very weirdly drawn between you and I on the skill rating leaderboards temporarily which makes me believe you might just want in for whatever exclusive titles or perks will come from this (also potentially in an effort to make me reconsider pitching the need for this to begin with now that perks exist that I won't have access to? I have no idea). Without exerting much effort I feel like I could pass both you and shadow on the leaderboards but simultaneously acknowledge I most certainly don't belong in that division (that's not to imply yours or shadow's top 15s are optimized, just a point I'm illustrating). If after I post this you end up getting some absurd score 103+ equivalency that's more indicative of competing at that level, that's another thing.

And before I get some response involving 'more than skill rating is being factored in here' or something, I'm just stating factually where the line is drawn currently for people that have signed up based on skill rankings. It needs to be higher, even at the expense of including fewer competitors. Someone fucking AAA'd RATO.

For the record, he specifically said to me "I don't want to compete in D8 and it will demotivate me but if I'm not there I'm sure people will be upset" actually said he'd probably not even compete if I put a D8 in. As per his name being changed right away, I did that to test it and make sure it worked.

So no, he didn't put himself there for perks and honestly it bothers me to think you'd actually think that of him.

Edit: It's also pretty silly IMO to be adding a division for literally 5 people to participate in. Which is what it's gonna be if AJ is moved and if he's moved down basically you're saying to me no one else belongs there either that isn't already there.

TC_Halogen 08-3-2019 08:19 PM

"no disrespect intended"

"which makes me believe you might just want in for whatever exclusive titles or perks come from this"

man at this point, seriously screw off with this "no disrespect intended" bullshit. the least you can do if you're going to throw shade is, you know, actually throw some shade instead of trying to sugarcoat stuff.

i mean, if you don't want someone who has multiple 102 AAAs, numerous low SDGs on 100+/etc to compete in D8 and instead mull in D7 while others get the shift, be my guest.

there are literally only 11 songs at or above my current highest AAA difficulty (which i have two of, i might add unless you want to prove a point and have them dropped, but it still doesn't change much) and i've not particularly spent any measurable amount of time grinding things out above 105+

the fact that you think i give a shit about "perks" and other garbage after you and multiple members mutinied me for my inactivity is hilarious

edit: and if for some reason, i actually -do- get placed back in D7, i'll simply request myself to be put in D8 and forfeit any sort of "exclusive" perks that would come from it, because i think me competing in D7 with this kind of shift, is pretty dumb.

edit 2: since we're gonna be super petty and go down this route - i've got my D7 title back and am now formally requesting to be placed in D8 because that's where I believe I belong - now i'm not involuntarily placed there and there's no benefit. woooo.

Dinglesberry 08-3-2019 08:24 PM

why not just set a baseline for what d8 is? like, at the current moment, every single person in D8 is level 100+ on FFR, what if D8 is just level 100+ lol

also halogen is an acc god