Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   13th Official Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151950)

SubaruPoptart 07-1-2020 01:45 AM

Re: 13th Official Tournament

Quote:

Originally Posted by HBar (Post 4732953)
GET HYPE

Dear everyone in D2:

I vote you should put that gif in your sig most definitely

MixMasterLar 07-1-2020 01:47 AM

I was unaware we had Lindsey Sterling in the game

Good luck D2 players!

bmah 07-1-2020 03:33 AM

13th Official Tournament: Round 1 Discussion

Division 1
Jump Up, Super Star! (TLT Remix)
Musician: The Living Tombstone
Style: Big Band Remix
Step Artist: gold stinger
Song Length: 3:26

Division 2
Darkside
Musician: Lindsey Stirling
Style: Folk Dance Pop
Step Artist: iironiic
Song Length: 2:41

Division 3
Rain [Astronaut]
Musician: Astronaut
Style: Electro
Step Artist: psychoangel691
Song Length: 2:29

Division 4
SAIKOU
Musician: Tokyo Machine
Style: Complextro
Step Artist: Psychotik
Song Length: 2:12

Division 5
RENDEZVOUS
Musician: roop loves tigerlily
Style: House
Step Artist: bmah
Song Length: 1:56

Division 6
kiss the sexy robot ultimate championship 201X!!!
Musician: nitro
Style: Undertalelectro
Step Artist: visD
Song Length: 2:20

Division 7
Inferno of Fomalhaut
Musician: fallen shepherd ft. ricono
Style: Djent Step
Step Artist: bmah
Song Length: 2:01

Division 8
G e n g a o z o
Musician: 455-38B
Style: Goa Trance
Step Artist: DarkZtar
Song Length: 2:59

BONUS SONG
Obnoxious
Musician: Nvoise
Style: Experimental
Step Artist: ositzxz369
Song Length: 1:05

Pizza69 07-1-2020 03:35 AM

Re: 13th Official Tournament: Round 1 Discussion

The poly streams at the end of Inferno are SO MUCH FUN, I love them

Song choice is really hype in general this whole round, I think my favourite files are D7 and D3 but it's solid all around tbh

kutar007 07-1-2020 03:36 AM

Fun chart and thank god I didn’t get placed in D5, can’t do trills at all.

RIP AAA, insomnia is a B. Lol

M0nkeyz 07-1-2020 03:56 AM

The minijack part in D6's file is so hard for me to hit... My fingers just won't do what I want haha

danredge 07-1-2020 05:41 AM

I'm soo proud of myself n_n i managed to AAA the first song of the OT. YAYYYY

iironiic 07-1-2020 05:46 AM

I didn't play through all of the files yet. For the ones I have tried:

D2 - Overall, I received positive sentiment for this chart. Really happy to get back into stepping after being on hiatus for 5+ years. Thanks!

D5 - Very fun and well-stepped file! A lot of tricky (especially the trill) but manageable patterns. Really enjoyed the feeling of "swing" in my playthrough of the file. I was lucky to AAA it on my 3rd try.

D6 - Also very fun and well-stepped! There is a ton of good structure, which makes the playthrough feel very intuitive to hit. The trill and the minijack parts are fairly challenging but also manageable to play through. I'm possibly overthinking these tricky patterns because D6 is my assigned division.

D7 - I really enjoyed the variety of rhythm this chart offers. The 16th-24th polyrhythms and the 16th hand-jack combination at the end of the file felt very aggressive in my playthrough. It captures the feel of the song (and it's possible that I'm just simply lacking enough speed), so it is warranted. Overall fun and challenging chart!

D8 - Fun chart that requires a ton of stamina and speed (two things I completely lack at the moment haha). Good variety of patterns to keep a fairly repetitive song very engaging for the player. I need to start incorporating that idea in my future stepcharts.

For all of the files, I really love the variety of the song choices this round. I hope that keeps up in the remainder of the tournament and future releases. Great work everyone!

the sun fan 07-1-2020 06:04 AM

SAIKOU is a fantastic file

SC_coolguy44 07-1-2020 10:33 AM

All absolutely amazing files! SAIKOU might be my fave!

Psychotik 07-1-2020 10:38 AM

tbh I'm surprised SAIKOU was chosen for the OT considering it's a quirky color theory file that was submitted in a regular batch, but I'm glad the reception is good.

_Fluttershy_ 07-1-2020 10:49 AM

D3 and D4 file were the picks of this week; SAIKOU is my favourite for sure. I hope to see more Psychotik files - he's definitely my favourite stepartist on FFR, currently. I don't think there are any files of his I dislike.

csoup1414 07-1-2020 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danredge (Post 4733025)
I'm soo proud of myself n_n i managed to AAA the first song of the OT. YAYYYY

I immediately had to check your division and noticed you're a fellow D4.

Crap.

zoogarama 07-1-2020 11:04 AM

Rain is a pretty straightforward song, the trill and jacks I can see messing a lot of folks up if they just haven't practiced those yet. When the jump/hands get going in the middle of the song keeps tripping me up personally for a few goods. No complaints, got a good R1 song, just sad to have not gotten the Lindsey Sterling song :P

EDIT: Now that I've AAA'd the damn the thing. It has that off beat drag that you see in dubstep, it makes it really easy to get sucked into being off on your internal beat. I realized when I was focusing more on the jump/hand streams, I would accidentally get off beat because of it. Good song, good chart, I enjoyed it. :)

zoogarama 07-1-2020 11:24 AM

I forgot how stressful OT songs are to play just because of the self, mental pressure. -stares angrily at blackflag-

EDIT: Jk finally AAA'd. 32 plays and 3 cups of coffee later

katanaeyegaming 07-1-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoogarama (Post 4733040)
Rain is a pretty straightforward song, the trill and jacks I can see messing a lot of folks up if they just haven't practiced those yet. When the jump/hands get going in the middle of the song keeps tripping me up personally for a few goods. No complaints, got a good R1 song, just sad to have not gotten the Lindsey Sterling song :P

So far only 3 AAA's for it tho

zoogarama 07-1-2020 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katanaeyegaming (Post 4733042)
So far only 3 AAA's for it tho

Which is why I said "a lot of folks" :)

TC_Halogen 07-1-2020 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychotik (Post 4733037)
tbh I'm surprised SAIKOU was chosen for the OT considering it's a quirky color theory file that was submitted in a regular batch, but I'm glad the reception is good.

It's a fairly technical file for the level it is at; take a look at the score spread for the division. Minimal AAAs compared to number of people, but relatively tight distribution of raw goods on the way down. You did good on it. :)

XelNya 07-1-2020 12:40 PM

Quote:

I also wouldn't say it's a quirky file, I'd say it's more expressive. It just looks like you gave a lot of little details representation, and while I haven't played the file - I did just go watch the preview on site - and I gotta say, that file looks like absolute fire. I'm looking forward to playing that one.

Also saw D1 has a 3+ minute file, and it gives me a mean-spirited chuckle.

kutar007 07-1-2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

I didn’t notice they are colourful since I’ve turned all my colours to blue and white only lol