Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Turbo Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   TWG Turbo 30 - The Nonary Werewolf Games [Game Thread] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151828)

Cold Kitten 04-5-2020 12:27 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 30 - The Nonary Werewolf Games [Game Thread]

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4724419)
same reason as you
I don't feel that anymore, though, considering he sat without claiming

why'd you swap back and forth after moving it the first time (i went back and looked, you moved it back and forth between ffa and bolth a couple times)

fatfuck42 04-5-2020 12:27 PM

For the record, I thought ffa softed there as well.

Cold Kitten 04-5-2020 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfuck42 (Post 4724423)
For the record, I thought ffa softed there as well.

it seems we all did

fatfuck42 04-5-2020 12:28 PM

What good does massclaiming do? 7 players, two town PRs out themselves, may or may not provide information, then we're left with 5 people saying they're VTs.

flashflash account 04-5-2020 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfuck42 (Post 4724425)
What good does massclaiming do? 7 players, two town PRs out themselves, may or may not provide information, then we're left with 5 people saying they're VTs.

Because that's a better shot than the 50% we give ourselves when wolves fake Claim in lylo

Cold Kitten 04-5-2020 12:30 PM

Quote:

smaller pool to mislynch in. also almost guarantees that the wolves kill one of the PRs, which is a good thing and a bad thing, imo

they kill someone whose role we already knew, but it means we get less info the rest of the phases.

imo, the main benefit is if there's a one shot ability (which as i understand it, there's a 1 shot ability on both sides as well as a full power) and they used it, we get that information and the person is basically VT after that

Cold Kitten 04-5-2020 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cold Kitten (Post 4724427)
smaller pool to mislynch in. also almost guarantees that the wolves kill one of the PRs, which is a good thing and a bad thing, imo

they kill someone whose role we already knew, but it means we get less info the rest of the phases.

imo, the main benefit is if there's a one shot ability (which as i understand it, there's a 1 shot ability on both sides as well as a full power) and they used it, we get that information and the person is basically VT after that

well mislynch or if we get lucky in those 5 (which we might, it's a 3/2 split at that point) a normal lynch lol

mellon_collie 04-5-2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

There is also a chance one of the wolves fake claims and PR are able to thunderdome them into oblivion

the sun fan 04-5-2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4724421)
Sunfan, do you think we should massclaim

no

flashflash account 04-5-2020 12:33 PM

Yeah, I think haku is right personally but I want to hear if sunfan thinks claiming today is good tbh

Cold Kitten 04-5-2020 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4724431)
Yeah, I think haku is right personally but I want to hear if sunfan thinks claiming today is good tbh

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4724430)
no

welp. there you go.

flashflash account 04-5-2020 12:33 PM

Weird

the sun fan 04-5-2020 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cold Kitten (Post 4724422)
why'd you swap back and forth after moving it the first time (i went back and looked, you moved it back and forth between ffa and bolth a couple times)

because I didn't really believe him
it sounds weird, and probably even wolfy, but I'd rather just out a PR than have it dangle like that

maybe its more of a video mafia thing, but letting people live after softing that hard is really annoying, because its usually not a PR, because they would just fully claim

what Mathilda did last game (I know you weren't there) is more of the exception to the rule

Cold Kitten 04-5-2020 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4724434)
because I didn't really believe him
it sounds weird, and probably even wolfy, but I'd rather just out a PR than have it dangle like that

maybe its more of a video mafia thing, but letting people live after softing that hard is really annoying, because its usually not a PR, because they would just fully claim

what Mathilda did last game (I know you weren't there) is more of the exception to the rule

what did they do?

the sun fan 04-5-2020 12:35 PM

if the 1-shot role has any info, claim
otherwise, don't claim unless pushed on
full role should stay quiet unless you have info that outs a wolf or someone claims the same role

Hakulyte 04-5-2020 12:35 PM

There might be some value into not claiming if you want to protect the PRs from getting targeted by wolves.

That's one thing, but you're going to have to deal with CCs next phase.

flashflash account 04-5-2020 12:35 PM

Well to be fair you shouldn't kill me regardless of if I am a pr or not

the sun fan 04-5-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cold Kitten (Post 4724435)
what did they do?

don't remember their words exactly, but they were getting pushed on, and were getting upset about it, and they said something like "you guys are really gonna make me do it, huh" but then didn't claim until the following day phase

the sun fan 04-5-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4724437)
There might be some value into not claiming if you want to protect the PRs from getting targeted by wolves.

That's one thing, but you're going to have to deal with CCs next phase.

I honestly doubt both wolves will fakeclaim come tomorrow
if we mislynch, prove me wrong, wolves

fatfuck42 04-5-2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4724436)
if the 1-shot role has any info, claim
otherwise, don't claim unless pushed on
full role should stay quiet unless you have info that outs a wolf or someone claims the same role

I'm down with this.