Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   5th Official FFR Tournament - Results! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=111543)

Sprite- 08-16-2009 12:47 PM

5th Official FFR Tournament - Results!

***Tournament update - Be sure to read the updated rules for tiebreakers included in this post***

Hi! Welcome to the Fifth Official FFR R1 Tournament! This tournament is for players of any and all skill levels, from the barest beginners to the most seasoned veterans. As always, it's free to join, and there are prizes for not only the winners, but potentially all the way down to 8th place!

This thread will be used to update information such as songs for each round and any news that I need to make all of you aware of. Make sure you check this thread every day that you can because rules and information may change. More importantly, make sure to read the rules because this tournament will be run MUCH differently than any other.

***NEW Dashboard***

This time around, we have a new feature thanks to the amazing lightdarkness - The Dashboard. It will be the center for information during the course of the tournament. It will provide you with info such as what round we are in, the songs for each division, and even the scores for each player in each division, etc. All AAAs will be highlighted in green, no submission will be beige, everyone who is under the elimination line will be yellow, and people who have been eliminated will be red. If you hover over the scores with your mouse you can even see the stats of the score! See for yourself!

Note - You must have Javascript enabled to view the Dashboard. If you use a browser that doesn't support Javascript (which you shouldn't) then get one that does such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.

For a general overview of the tournament and its prizes, please read this thread.

***NEW Score submissions - all players MUST read***

The biggest change to this tournament is the way scores will be submitted - you don't have to do anything! When you play the song for your division, the score will automatically be recorded to the tournament stats, which you can view on the Dashboard. That means NO MORE SCREENSHOTS! I repeat - You DO NOT need to take a screenshot to submit scores for this tournament. All scores are automatically submitted, and it will only keep the highest score which means you can play it as many times as you want and it will only keep the highest score. This makes life a LOT easier for everyone.

General rules:

When the first round of the tournament starts and with each new round after that, I will announce the main song for each division. Your goal is to get a higher score on your song than your opponents.

-You can only play the specified main song for that round (assuming the tiebreaker is unnecessary). Rounds will generally be 1 week long (7 days) each unless otherwise noted.

- Tie-breakers will not be in effect for the majority of the tournament. They may need to be used later on in the last couple of rounds. Therefore, anyone who ties over the elimination line will proceed to the next round as if they were above the line. I will announce when and if tiebreakers will be necessary.

-Tiebreaker update: Tiebreakers will now go into effect. If two players tie over the elimination line, they will both go on to the next round. However, they will also have to play the tiebreaker song for their division in the next round, in addition to the regular round song.
For example, two players in D1, between 8th and 9th place, tie in round 7 on Synful Sub. Both players will go on to round 8, but during round 8, those two players will need to play dot death, in addition to the round 8 song. The tiebreaker song will be the primary decider for which of the two players will go on to round 9. The player that has the higher score on dot death will be able to play the round 8 song to go on to round 9.
Tiebreaker scores will not be submitted using the dashboard. Instead, they will need to be submitted to me by PM using traditional screenshot methods.
If anyone has any questions regarding tiebreakers, send me a PM and I will answer as quickly as possible. I will not be around from August 22nd until the evening of August 29th, so do not expect a response between those dates.
Tiebreakers will have no effect on round 7 itself, so when I get back, you will still have a few days to ask your questions before round 8 is over.

-If you do not play your song by the end of the round, you will be considered to have gotten a score of negative infinity on the song.

-If your score does not record, then it cannot be accepted. Sorry, but you'll just have to get the score again if that happens.

-***NEW RULE*** - Anyone who does not have a score by the end of the round will automatically be eliminated. No longer will random.org be used to keep inactive people in, so make sure you play your song at least once to have a chance of staying in. There will be no exceptions to this so don't bother trying.

-Don't bother trying to cheat, you'll be caught and immediately disqualified. Trying to secretly play in a lower division than you should be in by means of alternate accounts, or by any other means is CHEATING. Cheating will not be tolerated, and any evidence of cheating will result in disqualification. Also note that trying to piss me off by trying to bend the rules or trying to find loopholes will get you disqualified.

-The time at which the round ends will be posted when the thread for that round is posted. After that time, the round is over and no more scores will be accepted. No exceptions. Do not PM me asking me to add your score if you are late because 1) You have 7 days to play each song so you should have time to play it, and 2) I won't do it so don't bother.

-I will ignore all complaints in this thread. If you can't have fun, then don't play. It's as simple as that. I will also ignore most PMs with complaints unless I think they are valid. I have the right to remove anyone from this tournament for any reason. If you continuously complain or post with negative comments I WILL remove you without hesitation.

That being said,
Good luck and have FUN!

Sprite- 08-16-2009 12:47 PM

Re: 5th Official FFR Tournament - Results!

Results

Congratulations to our winners!

Division 5
1st: Mrrubix
2nd: leonid
3rd: omgitznpv
4th: TC_Halogen
5th: EAGAMES

Division 4
1st: TC_Chronichild420
2nd: remedy1502
3rd: Azafreak
4th: A2P
5th: Xephir

Division 3
1st: Go_Oilers_Go
2nd: 2MBoy
3rd: Just502
4th: mfdat phantom
5th: swamp14

Division 2
1st: bLasTamos
2nd: Necros140606
3rd: lord s snake
4th: Blue_Stick
5th: Killburn

Division 1
1st: marthalolz
2nd: Sei-Triplex
3rd: cyanmajin
4th: squeesfan
5th: DiGiTaLDJ59

These people will all receive their respected prizes shown in this thread.
I will PM Tass to have him process your prizes shortly.

In addition, the top 8 of each division will also receive the Vertex Beta vrofl token!

Thank you all for participating :]

Sprite- 08-16-2009 12:48 PM

Re: 5th Official FFR Tournament - Round 6!

I made a complaints thread.
POST ALL COMPLAINTS IN THE COMPLAINTS THREAD OR BE WRECKED.
Do not complain in here or you will be punished ;p

hahaujusdied 08-16-2009 12:49 PM

I say this new thread will last maybe a day.. at the rate this is going.

TC_Halogen 08-16-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hahaujusdied (Post 3191733)
I say this new thread will last maybe a day.. at the rate this is going.

You're kidding right? There's been so many complaints that it could power the entire forums! :lol:

Bluearrowll 08-16-2009 01:43 PM

In before OHN post

If the complaints in this tournament were an energy source i'm pretty sure all of North America would have enough power for about a month on end. :P

CT_MassiveMammary 08-16-2009 03:26 PM

This is now like, 5 or 6, days of complaints. :lol:
Once you AAA a round, all you can do is laugh.
I love tournament rage.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

TC_Halogen 08-17-2009 02:26 AM

I've never seen this thread so quiet. o.o

leonid 08-17-2009 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3192583)
I've never seen this thread so quiet. o.o

Tournament - Complaints = ϕ

bob bob 08-17-2009 02:55 AM

lol i have two days to get a decent score.
brb with guide on rolls

ChiefOlukOneHand 08-17-2009 07:33 PM

AAA today. Can't complain. :) It only took me ~100 tries...
So far, 25 people are moving on to the round of 16, and only 8 will make it through... Either there's going to be a tiebreaker or a Brobdingnagian skill jump for D1. I bet I'm not surviving past this round. Meh. (unless it's Desperation. I can get a low SDG on that.)

Anyways, I love the complaints thread. There should be one for every official tourney from now on.

alloyus 08-17-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob bob (Post 3192593)
lol i have two days to get a decent score.
brb with guide on rolls

Just roll it, son :)

And if worst comes to worst, just use jumps instead of rolling it.

hahaujusdied 08-17-2009 07:58 PM

Oh well i cant get into ffr anyways. so it doesnt matter if i improve or not lolol

Wineandbread 08-17-2009 09:18 PM

Bring on the next round! >:O

I wonder what D3 song will be next... Hajnal maybe?

Nightfirecat 08-17-2009 09:22 PM

So I found out that I can PA the ending best when I basically hit it as it is at first, then I transition to hitting it sorta like this:

[first two are very close together, but not exactly the same time]
--->
<---
-v^-

And then I can do the transition to the right-to-left rolls very easily.

remedy1502 08-17-2009 09:27 PM

Lol I haven't really played the whole round until today... Man I suck now.
I should be able to SDG this when I actually get a hang of it lol. But as of now, I'm probably not gonna get vrofl >_>
EDIT: 13-0-0-1... Still in last lol. I hope I can be clutch like I have been the past couple rounds lol.

bob bob 08-18-2009 02:51 AM

ill try jumps, and hanjal wouldnt be a bad song choice. i have 12-0-0-0

Jide 08-18-2009 11:11 AM

25 AAAs in D1, where the cut-off is supposed to be 16. Does this mean we're going to have a tiebreaker, or is everyone going to advance? Either way, I guess we'll have to play a relatively tough song next round. As next round's cut-off is 8.

Sprite- 08-18-2009 11:38 AM

We're not going to do tiebreakers. We'll just have to eliminate 17 people instead of 8 next round.

I will most likely announce tiebreakers next round, though. Can't have any ties for top 8. I also won't be able to get to a computer from the 22nd until the 30th so I might have to either extend the round until the 30th or let someone else take over.

Jide 08-18-2009 11:44 AM

I for one wouldn't mind if you extended it! But that's just me. There are probably a lot of people who disagree.