Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   What sports do you play? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=132021)

j-rodd123 09-28-2013 12:01 AM

What sports do you play?

Ok this forum is finally a go! Start it off with sharing our own interests in sports, say what you play/played or just enjoy to watch!

I played volleyball all through high school, and competitively in club, still play intramurals and beach volleyball. also did rugby and track, but volleyball will always be my favourite.

To watch, besides volleyball, gotta love football (my team is the bengals) and college basketball, I can't stand the NBA. not gonna lie im pretty anti-Canadian :( and don't have the greatest love of hockey but it's still pretty cool.

Wayward Vagabond 09-28-2013 12:06 AM

Re: What sports do you play?

tennis and soccer are my played sports with tennis being above all. i was on my high school's varsity team. i also played hand ball with a raquet ball(little blue ball) in high school but that isnt anything official. fun stuff

as far as watch is concerned though i dont watch anything. i'll watch football at a friends house if theyre watching it but thats it. basketball is boring and so is pretty much every other sport. watching sports is boring to me idk id rather play.

j-rodd123 09-28-2013 12:10 AM

that's sweet, tennis is actually so much fun. im not very good, you'd definitely crush me. my only decent skill there is my serve but even then it's inconsistent. I've always wanted to try racquet ball maybe I should just show up at my school's courts haha.

def agree that playing > watching, but I don't mind either

igotrhythm 09-28-2013 12:15 AM

Quiz Bowl counts as a sport, right? People got letters for it.

If not, I did a bit of track and field.

25thhour 09-28-2013 12:22 AM

Rugby ;)

ddr_f4n 09-28-2013 12:36 AM

Played soccer all the way up to the end of highschool. After that I kinda stopped playing it competitively but still play it casually from time to time.

I watch mostly soccer only though, especially FC Barca. They're the team I follow :V

Wayward Vagabond 09-28-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 3983366)
that's sweet, tennis is actually so much fun. im not very good, you'd definitely crush me. my only decent skill there is my serve but even then it's inconsistent. I've always wanted to try racquet ball maybe I should just show up at my school's courts haha.

def agree that playing > watching, but I don't mind either

raquet ball is fun as hell and it's a hell of an active sport when you actually get into it. i played every lunch during my 3 of my high school years. by senior year i was playing in the money court making 10-20 dollars every lunch. 8)

dAnceguy117 09-28-2013 12:56 AM

I played tennis and ran cross country in high school. Haven't done a ton of either since then :( Oh and I bowled for a year in high school! Really fun, but I'm pretty bad.

Casually, I'm down for basketball, football, volleyball, and just about anything if I get the chance. I've never played golf though, and I'm sure I'd be horrendous.

I follow all mainstream sports due to an excess of SportsCenter in my life.

infinity. 09-28-2013 01:03 AM

i play tennis in college (and quiz bowl)

high school i also did golf and basketball, much better at basketball than tennis

i also run like 2000 miles a year

and racquetball is the most fun sport ever, so intense! i follow UK basketball, the celtics/OKC, nadal/dogopolov, tiger woods lol

DarknessXoXLight 09-28-2013 02:18 AM

The only sport I still really do is swimming. Unfortunately, my college doesn't have a swim team but they're constructing a pool right now that should be complete by next year. If I'm still here, I'll definitely be joining it the second I can.

Through middle school and high school: I played soccer, softball, tennis, volleyball and ran track. Swimming has taken up 17 wonderful years of my life, and volleyball took up 6. Everything else was 2 years. I would have kept going if I didn't develop a heart condition but what can you do lol. As long as I get to swim, I don't really care about anything else.

I don't watch sports. ~_~

top 09-28-2013 02:26 AM

soccer, football, tennis, basketball, running (racing), volleyball, lacrosse

all of these are fun

Pseudo Enigma 09-28-2013 02:34 AM

does starcraft count

I bet it doesn't

edit: I actually used to play soccer but got tired of chasing balls. j/k, I probably would still be playing soccer if I was given more opportunity.

Yulanik 09-28-2013 02:45 AM

Only competitive sports I've ever taken part in at a serious level were soccer and martial arts (TKD to be exact, black belt).

I play basketball for fun because horse is always stupid and gets outta hand almost all the time XD. I guess I like sprinting too, but not much. Just to see how fast I can run.

Herogashix 09-28-2013 02:49 AM

I used to play a fair bit of soccer and basket-ball, and hopefully will be picking up basket-ball again sometime.

T-Force 09-28-2013 03:22 AM

I don't play anything anymore, but I did 2 years of roller hockey, 1 of soccer, 4 of baseball, and 2 of flag football.

Watching is another story. I'm cool with baseball (go Jays), and I'm a fan of football (go Lions [CFL], Texans, and Saints). Of course, being Canadian, my true love is hockey. Go Canucks!

I've also done 2 live grand slams (see a live game of all 4 pro sports) which is pretty cool.

Trogdor!!!! 09-28-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 3983360)
(my team is the bengals)

cool my team is the ravens we can be division rivals and talk shit about each other and stuff

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 3983360)
I can't stand the NBA

wow why not :(

for played sports i played basketball my sophomore and junior year (couldn't my senior year because lol grades)

j-rodd123 09-28-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor!!!! (Post 3983619)
cool my team is the ravens we can be division rivals and talk shit about each other and stuff

wow why not :(

ohhhhhhh it's on boy :P

growing up I liked the broncos, idk why I made the switch but the bengals sort of stuck,

and NBA just isn't very entertaining to me I guess. huge egos and lots of cocky play with not tons of hustle compared to a lot of what I see in the NCAA. still amazing level play obv, just not as fun to watch for me

Arkuski 09-28-2013 10:33 PM

I played D1 soccer

RNGRX 09-28-2013 10:37 PM

I've played quite a bit of sports in my day. My current sport is League of Legends but I've been everywhere really. The competitive scene in Counter Strike is just amazing.