Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149163)

blindreper1179 05-12-2018 12:08 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

No flavor tonight, Sorry guys.

Funnygirl has been lynched. She was...
Jill Valentine

It is night and day will begin at 12:00:01 May 13th.

blindreper1179 05-13-2018 12:00 AM

In the night

Gun has died, he was Rebecca Chambers
Mellon has died, she was The Red Queen

It is day and will end at 12:00:01 May 15th.

roundbox 05-13-2018 12:03 AM

my view of this game

Curry and Rice 05-13-2018 12:06 AM

i mean

it's really only a dumpster fire if you're a wolf

which might very well be true for you

Curry and Rice 05-13-2018 12:12 AM

Also, at this point, I'm gonna take a guess and say that either the third party/Claire is inactive (or rather, inactive enough to where they might conceivably miss a kill), or by some extremely unlikely chance, either or both of them have been roleblocked, preventing their kills from going through.

roundbox 05-13-2018 12:20 AM

lynching the seer is the dumpster fire
if vigi is holding shots then maybe that's cool but still this game is proceeding in SK's favour

SK wins too many games on FFR

Curry and Rice 05-13-2018 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4619871)

Fair point, but TBH, funny had a chance to speak up and not get lynched when it was clear she was the lead lynch target. And two wolves are dead so we're not in too shabby a spot ourselves. There are enough players left where I feel fairly confident that we have enough time to sort things out.

Celirra 05-13-2018 12:37 AM

fun fact

no vt's have died yet

Celirra 05-13-2018 12:38 AM

gonna iso raeko but im kidna drunk so may wait till tomrowowr

star-crossed 05-13-2018 04:32 AM

I am really frustrated that the sheriff said that they were ok with being hanged. I do not get that and I feel like it is a let down. My best guess is that she checked on ind and got that he was a STARS member, which does not really mean much if the serial killer picked to be safe from that. (The other mafia is already safe from it.)

I am wondering if raeko could use her power and also kill. Because the other mafia could not kill; it had to be raeko.

Also I feel bad for being so wrong in raeko at first. I think I gave her too much credit when she was mostly being very quiet. Curry voting for her yesterday is a good sign for him, and I believe at least one person called out ffa's lean on raeko being weird, so I will look for that.

I don't think people really commented on my ideas on why olimar may not be SK or mafia. (They were at the start of a big post.) Do you think I am wrong in them?

star-crossed 05-13-2018 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4619731)
I'm ok with star's vote on me tbh, it's at least rooted in something very observable and reasonable as opposed to the other punks who are voting/want to vote me

I think star's entrance is pretty strong (as does everyone else's)

I do not think you explained why you would not do a kitb despite suspecting Cel more on d0 at all. Just saying you like me and my vote and then ignoring that, will not fly with me.

inDheart 05-13-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4619871)

yeahhhhhhhh

i assume this is why funny was saying i couldn't be playing this bad, i wasn't picking up on her softs

i think she peeked either zoshi or curry town but that's 50/50 to be useless anyway rn. i mention curry as a second candidate in case zoshi wasn't a real peek and she wasn't trying to drop it by asking him follow-up questions, but she might have just said "prolly town" and did that knowing there was a potential master wolf and inv immune SK

inDheart 05-13-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4619883)
I am really frustrated that the sheriff said that they were ok with being hanged. I do not get that and I feel like it is a let down. My best guess is that she checked on ind and got that he was a STARS member, which does not really mean much if the serial killer picked to be safe from that. (The other mafia is already safe from it.)

I am wondering if raeko could use her power and also kill. Because the other mafia could not kill; it had to be raeko.

Also I feel bad for being so wrong in raeko at first. I think I gave her too much credit when she was mostly being very quiet. Curry voting for her yesterday is a good sign for him, and I believe at least one person called out ffa's lean on raeko being weird, so I will look for that.

I don't think people really commented on my ideas on why olimar may not be SK or mafia. (They were at the start of a big post.) Do you think I am wrong in them?

i don't think she checked me, because she posted more overt reads on other people when i read back. if she did, i think she'd have a way of conveying that info but i don't remember any earlier d1 posts about me from her

second thing is probably something to PM blind about

speaking of ffa's leans being weird, his clearing of xel was also a suspicious read he had to me (he said it was for xel's one-liners), but i dunno if he would do the exact same thing with both his partners. there's a reads list he gives where he goes over both of these things iirc

i would just have to reread your thoughts because i apparently forgot them - do wish he'd respond to qs from yesterday, and he also left thread really close on the lynch and didn't actually vote. what do you think of his agreement with you on roundbox?

inDheart 05-13-2018 11:19 AM

also i think roundbox is at least not mafia now?

@roundbox, i guess i'm interested in what post or two you liked from raeko

Zoshi 05-13-2018 11:20 AM

Just a note, I’ve not caught up on anything from the update, I’ve just been subbed into a mafia championships game and that’ll take the majority of my twg time now but I’ll still be participating here obviously, just expect activity to be less.

I want to have a look and see if funny could have hinted at any of their results, but I’ll be doing that when I finish work in like 30mins

roundbox 05-13-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4619883)

this tbh

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4619884)
I do not think you explained why you would not do a kitb despite suspecting Cel more on d0 at all. Just saying you like me and my vote and then ignoring that, will not fly with me.

most of it is just personal preference, I've never been an advocate for KITB because of the result being so wishy-washy if town is flipped from it. KITB remove a little bit of accountability for some peoples' votes

roundbox 05-13-2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619895)
also i think roundbox is at least not mafia now?

@roundbox, i guess i'm interested in what post or two you liked from raeko

if you want to go hindsight mode, her going under the radar at EOD and then popping up with a few posts toward the end was howling hard
this was hindsight though and I did not notice this at all while playing

inDheart 05-13-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4619901)
if you want to go hindsight mode, her going under the radar at EOD and then popping up with a few posts toward the end was howling hard
this was hindsight though and I did not notice this at all while playing

i meant earlier because i thought you said in your reads you found some posts that were not-wolfy. was curious about those

star-crossed 05-13-2018 02:02 PM

So, I will reiterate and elaborate on my thoughts on Olimar. I think these are the main relevant quotes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olimar12345 (Post 4618862)
Sorry to break up all these reads, but how does this "The Organization" (third party) work? Do they win with the wolves or humans; what is their win condition?

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618880)
Olimar is a super transparent player, it likely means he's genuinely confused about the setup

Most nsmers don't know about pr hunting or how to initiate it

But given how some of his questions can be answered by reading I think he's third party trying to mask his questions about the role specifically as more general setup questions

It checks out

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olimar12345 (Post 4618876)
Also, what happens when Clair finds Chris? Do they win independently?

I'm just trying to decipher the game into lingo that I'm more familiar with:
-3 wolves (master, Birkin, roleblocker)
-10 humans (seer, guardian, Clair & Chris (special wincons?), confirmed, and 5 vanillas)
-1 third party (wasn't sure if it was a fool or not, or how they win really)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olimar12345 (Post 4619136)
Yeah, please don't. I have a job and cannot post during school hours. The game says no ootc, which bion means no ootc, and for someone who just made a fuss at me in discord about doing that several games ago, you should know better. >:/

[...]

Despite my little interactions here, reading through the thread Noc reads pretty town for me right now, based on past interactions with him (both as wolf partners and as humans).

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4619005)
Like I said, olimar tends to be transparent. But he's also pretty smart and I think he could've figured out the answers to those questions

So I guess I'd say they were questions he had but he rushed to ask them to cover up instead of reading more thoroughly

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4619157)
my only 2 scum reads are celery and olimar which is disappointing but I'm guessing the rest of scum are hidden in inactives

I'm going for celery over olimar because wolves take priority over third party imo

I don't think olimar is mafia because:
  1. I think the mafia in general are motivated to try to look for the serial killer during the day because it is a way of looking like they are helping the town, without having to lie or look bad for susing town players. So I think in most cases, if a mafia is arguing that someone is the serial killer, they probably actually believe it. Calling another mafia the serial killer, could be a good way to make it seem like you are not both mafia, but it is also more convoluted than just calling them suspicious in general, and still draws attention to that person in a way that is probably not good for the mafia.
  2. To me when flash flash is describing olimar as "transparent" and giving information about the type of person he thinks olimar is, I feel like flash flash was being genuine. Since most of us do not really know olimar, I do not think flash flash trying to introduce him as, basically, smarter than he looks, is a good strategy if they are both mafias. If flash flash is worried that olimar being a "transparent" person means he will make a mistake as a mafia, I think the tactic of calling him a serial killer specifically, is a strange way to go about it.
  3. When olimar said "the game says no ootc, which bion means no ootc, and for someone who just made a fuss at me in discord about doing that several games ago, you should know better. >:/", I think that was something that would not be smart to bring up if they are both mafia. It makes it obvious that flashflash may not be being genuine by trying to ping olimar, since he "should know better." olimar still says flash flash seems town later in the same message, but still.

I don't think olimar is the serial killer because:
  1. It is my understanding that whoever the serial killer was had to tell blind before anybody could post, about what special power they should get. I think if it was not clear to them already how to win from their role message, that's the best time and place to be asking, as opposed to asking everybody.
  2. If olimar was pretending to be confused about how to win, it is still probably not a good strategy, because everyone will be associating you with the third party in their mind, because you're talking about it so much.

star-crossed 05-13-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619892)
i don't think she checked me, because she posted more overt reads on other people when i read back. if she did, i think she'd have a way of conveying that info but i don't remember any earlier d1 posts about me from her

second thing is probably something to PM blind about

speaking of ffa's leans being weird, his clearing of xel was also a suspicious read he had to me (he said it was for xel's one-liners), but i dunno if he would do the exact same thing with both his partners. there's a reads list he gives where he goes over both of these things iirc

i would just have to reread your thoughts because i apparently forgot them - do wish he'd respond to qs from yesterday, and he also left thread really close on the lynch and didn't actually vote.

The reason I thought it could be you was that, from funny's response to the "I wouldn't kill active people" conversation, she did not seem to be paying that much attention to what was going on... Since you were the main person she mentioned suspecting besides flash flash on D0, I thought she likely would have wanted to see about you, because of that. If she thought you were innocent, that could be why she moved onto the "theory" about Cel/raeko rather than keeping pursuing her lead on her not liking your D1 reads. I thought it may be why she wanted to know others' thoughts on you as her last post, too. But I am just speculating. If not you, maybe it was curry she looked into; or maybe she got blocked (I will ask about if that is possible).

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619892)
what do you think of his agreement with you on roundbox?

When I read it I was kind of flattered. It kind of annoyed me that a lot of people basically said that I seem town but did not respond too much to my actual ideas.