Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149163)

Gun92 05-10-2018 09:49 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619575)
it probably happens often that at least someone doesn't vote, but the non-voting/off-wagon-voting rate isn't usually this bad. activity in general has been on a downturn recently, and this game taking a while to fill might have contributed, with several of the generally more active players becoming unable to play

we can kind of do both, but i would lean toward clearing out some people who aren't really playing, for two reasons:
-the people who are active now are either the ones who voted ffa yesterday, or me (with curry and rice being somewhere in the middle i would say). so out of that group i feel like i owe the others each some kind of deference for now
-the people who aren't active are many

phantoms haven't really been a thing for a while - i pretty much lost the first game i played to them and that triggered a debate (though i think they were getting less popular by then too). post minimums have been the newer thing but i don't think this game has one

Assuming most people have their wits about them, and I am sure that is probably everyone if not most, wouldn't a wolf agree more to eliminating a presence who isn't around/barely around just because its essentially giving them a free out? If I was one of the remaining wolves or the Ada, I would tend more to leave the players who aren't around and have a bigger focus on the bigger voices of the group. What is scarier to me is someone who can talk so much that they cause you to corner yourself a slip up. Someone who isn't around can't do that and won't gain as much information as a result. Is that a fair statement or have things changed that much since I last played?

inDheart 05-10-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gun92 (Post 4619577)
Assuming most people have their wits about them, and I am sure that is probably everyone if not most, wouldn't a wolf agree more to eliminating a presence who isn't around/barely around just because its essentially giving them a free out? If I was one of the remaining wolves or the Ada, I would tend more to leave the players who aren't around and have a bigger focus on the bigger voices of the group. What is scarier to me is someone who can talk so much that they cause you to corner yourself a slip up. Someone who isn't around can't do that and won't gain as much information as a result. Is that a fair statement or have things changed that much since I last played?

do you mean for choosing a lynch candidate, or night actions?

i think activity dwindling benefits wolves in general, yes

inDheart 05-10-2018 10:13 PM

Quote:

Assuming most people have their wits about them, and I am sure that is probably everyone if not most, wouldn't a wolf agree more to eliminating a presence who isn't around/barely around just because its essentially giving them a free out? If I was one of the remaining wolves or the Ada, I would tend more to leave the players who aren't around and have a bigger focus on the bigger voices of the group.
i guess i'm confused because these two sentences seem like they're saying opposite things

i think moving to lynch someone who's barely around would be the free out you mean, but then you wolf the people actually playing at night

i think that's why i feel more fine about raeko and roundbox just hanging around, because they didn't move to lynch some random low poster as a third option when it would have been really easy

Olimar12345 05-10-2018 10:26 PM

Jesus... I.. there are so many replies...

Someone tl;dr what happened

inDheart 05-10-2018 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olimar12345 (Post 4619582)

Someone tl;dr what happened

yesterday mikey got lynched and he was a wolf

in the night manti and haku died and they were both specials

game is relatively slow now so reading today shouldn't be too bad

Curry and Rice 05-10-2018 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olimar12345 (Post 4619582)

called it

inDheart 05-10-2018 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619569)
I read over Noc's posts in that game (it was one of the ones I was actually able to save), and I kind of do feel it follows along with what I said about Noc earlier:

Standout quote from Noc in Wilhelm Scream being:
"Gs I've played with before a lot on nsm and I'm confident I can read him right."

yeah, that was also a funny quote because it would have to be after he claimed seer privately

but i guess what i was getting at is, do you think it's important to reading you or particularly indicative when he does that?

Quote:

As for Olimar, there was a game on NSM recently where OOTC was disabled (the game "frikin sombra"), but aside from that, I don't think he has. It's possible that such an active thread is a bit more difficult to keep up with, but again, that's just a guess.

>opens postgame
Quote:

Olimar12345 Posts: 75
huh. olimar's like second-most for the game too. also it's not strictly ootc-disabled if it allows forum PMs, really

Quote:

Zoshi's vote I can get, but what is this? Maybe I'm missing something, but it reads like voting for someone because they voted for you the phase before. :morton2:

explained it to cel above, lemme know if that's unsatisfying i guess

Curry and Rice 05-10-2018 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619585)
but i guess what i was getting at is, do you think it's important to reading you or particularly indicative when he does that?

Like I said, I think it was just Noc being Noc; he's also done the same thing when he's a human.

Gun92 05-10-2018 11:00 PM

What I meant above is, wouldn't a wolf also use the simple fact that there aren't some people playing as frequently or at all and work toward eliminating one of the bigger threats to them since those not playing probably aren't viewed as a threat?

Now, this probably doesn't help much but I looked at post frequency along with voting and this is what I got. I might be off by one or two because let's be honest here, a shit ton has been posted.

Haku posted 115 and voted
Cel posted 24 times and voted
Roundbox posted 27 times and didn't vote
Curry posted 30 times and voted
Psycho hasn't posted and didn't vote
Mellon posted 12 times and didn't vote
Xel posted 11 times and voted
I posted 11 times and voted
Manti posted 34 times and didn't vote (late)
InD posted 91 times and voted
Funny posted 25 times and voted
Oil posted 10 times and didn't vote
Zoshi posted 129 and voted
FFA posted 165 times and voted

My initial thought would be wanting to know why those that didn't vote chose not to vote. I also found Funny's posts and Oils post to not really add anything to the conversations going on at the time. I also noted that Zoshi unvoted FFA somewhat late into the day phase. That's what I got at this point and suppose my question is towards those who didn't vote and want to know why.

inDheart 05-10-2018 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619587)
Like I said, I think it was just Noc being Noc; he's also done the same thing when he's a human.

tbh you taking this angle on it reads towny to me

Gun92 05-10-2018 11:01 PM

I don't know if its weird or just me that the unvote on FFA from Zoshi is what is sticking out to me most after going back over everything, albeit in a quick and glancing manor

roundbox 05-10-2018 11:03 PM

I'll contribute more tomorrow fwiw

inDheart 05-10-2018 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4619568)
so i was thinking about the bold from this post, and i checked the previous game and it checks out. Ffa isnt afraid to interact with his wolf partner and he did it very very early last game with Haku. This game he did it with funny and inD.

btw, check out the timestamps there if you haven't. the game had 3 posts in it for the first 4 hours

haku also claimed a green check on ffa so i thought he was the one initiating it there by doing that; might as well talk to the guy who's fake peeking you

Curry and Rice 05-11-2018 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4619591)
I'll contribute more tomorrow fwiw

I will hold you to that.

XelNya 05-11-2018 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619477)
also i think his posts complimenting haku's "wolves can't chat during the day so they do it in the thread" are just about himself and two towns in me and fg

i had a thought about xel, but i guess it might be wrong with ffa clearing him for ??? reasons

xel

dunno how you have a thought about me considering my lack of presence this entire fucking game

but sure try to take your easy target wolf boy

Celirra 05-11-2018 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gun92 (Post 4619590)
I don't know if its weird or just me that the unvote on FFA from Zoshi is what is sticking out to me most after going back over everything, albeit in a quick and glancing manor

Just wanna say thanks for putting effort in the game after I bullied you a bit, friend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4619598)
dunno how you have a thought about me considering my lack of presence this entire fucking game

but sure try to take your easy target wolf boy

You came in here last phase, dropped some shitposts, made a shitvote, and then poofed. The vote could easily be seen as an attempt to hide the fact that you were totally absent, as there are definitely people who focus on simply voting somewhere as a reason to have an opinion about someone.

Then you come back, throw out a post that does nothing but give an excuse then uses a "no u" tier argument, then you poof again.

Have you just given up as wolf again, xel ?

roundbox 05-11-2018 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4619597)
I will hold you to that.

this doesn't sound threatening if that was what you were going for

blindreper1179 05-11-2018 09:02 AM

effective immediately, star has replaced psycho

Zoshi 05-11-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gun92 (Post 4619590)

I didn’t unvote FFA, I unvoted Curry, so that I could vote FFA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619594)
btw, check out the timestamps there if you haven't. the game had 3 posts in it for the first 4 hours

haku also claimed a green check on ffa so i thought he was the one initiating it there by doing that; might as well talk to the guy who's fake peeking you

oh, I was checking ffa’s Posts specifically and it seemed to indicate he was starting it, I’ll check out the game topic itself in a bit

star-crossed 05-11-2018 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4619605)
effective immediately, star has replaced psycho

Um..knowing what my role is would be nice then