Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Regarding all future officials (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=127855)

T-Force 12-3-2012 02:54 AM

Regarding all future officials

Supposing the rumour I'm hearing is true, the upcoming Winter Official Tourney will be utilizing RAW SCORING instead of COMBO SCORING throughout this tournament.
I, for one, think this is a GREAT idea. However, I've been told that I'd be surprised at how many people would want the traditional combo scoring for officials.
As well, there may be TWO officials per calendar year: one for combo, one for raw.

So, I ask you, the FFR community: Should FFR continue it's tradition and keep using combo scoring for future Officials? Or should they keep the OTHER tradition (in only having ONE per year) and go to raw scoring for all future Officials? Or should they alternate and have TWO Officials per year?

kjwkjw 12-3-2012 02:58 AM

Re: Regarding all future officials

Raw scoring.
It'll encourage improving PA in the lower divisions while keeping a fair deduction for misses and boos.

I don't think it'll matter *too* much in the higher divisions where people usually FC anyway, haha. (But then again, I've had my runs with awesome PA ruined by misses...)

EzExZeRo7497 12-3-2012 03:00 AM

I'd say that we should go with raw scoring. Although it'll be against the tradition of having combo scoring for every official tournament, it'll be a better judgement of skill and it'll be better to see people beating a messy FC with a missflag right across the middle imo.

in b4 champions don't miss

NoPrivacy 12-3-2012 03:00 AM

Raw scoring would be amazing. I'm also banned from Officials .. ~Consequences~ :(

LongGone 12-3-2012 03:02 AM

Raw Scoring; reasons above

Wayward Vagabond 12-3-2012 03:14 AM

combo scoring with only one official per year please

AlexDest 12-3-2012 03:17 AM

I'd be against raw scoring since combo scoring is traditional for official tournaments. But, it'd be fair to players if raw scoring was implemented so that there will be a more accurate representation of the top players in each division.

TC_Halogen 12-3-2012 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexDest (Post 3812430)
I'd be against raw scoring since combo scoring is traditional for official tournaments. But, it'd be fair to players if raw scoring was implemented so that there will be a more accurate representation of the top players in each division.

Nice 3,000th, sir.

Personally, I couldn't care less for either choice. Both have acceptable reasons.

Hateandhatred 12-3-2012 03:44 AM

I'd go with combo scoring because it is a FFR tournament, not Stepmania. I am fine with a decent run being smashed by a miss because it's the essence of the game, and i wouldn't like it as much if there wasn't this little catch...

EDIT: Should FFR urilize Combo Scoring or Raw Scoring for future Officials?

Dunno Why but that made me smile xD

Mike Weedmark 12-3-2012 03:47 AM

Between the two, raw.

Ideally, I'd want to see raw scoring but with misses deducting more raw score than they currently do. The ability to FC isn't trivial, but I don't want to see one miss void an entire run.

T-Force 12-3-2012 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateandhatred (Post 3812437)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I missed that. ;__;

KrazyKitsune 12-3-2012 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateandhatred (Post 3812437)

Did you mean: Should FFR urinate Combo Scoring or Raw Scoring for future Officials?

In all seriousness, I honestly would prefer combo scoring, just personal preference, I suppose. I just feel like I wouldn't enjoy it as much.
Plus, honestly, I feel like having raw scoring would cause quite a few tiebreaker matches to happen. I have nothing against tiebreaker matches, and it probably wouldn't matter because most players will FC anyways, haha.

Concerning the dates, one official per year would be preferable... I feel like doing it twice a year could get a bit boring.

awein999 12-3-2012 04:20 AM

Definitely if there are now annual winter tourneys planned officially it would be a good idea to have those raw scoring and keep the summer officials combo scoring. After a couple years we compare how people respond to both formats and if one is getting a much better response than another it wouldn't be unreasonable to scrap tradition.

gnr61 12-3-2012 11:30 AM

i feel like combo scoring isn't 'traditional' for tournaments, it's just what was there and therefore what was used. no sense miring ourselves further in a crappy system just because that system was there first

Untimely Friction 12-3-2012 11:45 AM

I lose early in every Official cause of combo scoring, when I know I have the PA to stomp most in D4, but now Im in D5 so lol GG

Senri Akane 12-3-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnr61 (Post 3812557)
i feel like combo scoring isn't 'traditional' for tournaments, it's just what was there and therefore what was used. no sense miring ourselves further in a crappy system just because that system was there first

this

This is the reason why i hate legacy files

No ones gives a shit from the fact that its old and stupid

Take it away from the game

Xx{Midnight}xX 12-3-2012 11:49 AM

I'm honestly fine with two different tourneys and two different methods as it tests you on both forms of scoring FFR uses.

However

I'm also fine with one tourney and raw scoring, but one and combo scoring is just not acceptable anymore. Most unofficial tourneys run off raw scoring because it's more fair to everyone. It forces you to focus on your PA rather than making sure you don't miss and is a truer test of skill than "oh I missed, welp there goes teh uhrn"

Netjet! 12-3-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3812564)
I'm honestly fine with two different tourneys and two different methods as it tests you on both forms of scoring FFR uses.

However

I'm also fine with one tourney and raw scoring, but one and combo scoring is just not acceptable anymore. Most unofficial tourneys run off raw scoring because it's more fair to everyone. It forces you to focus on your PA rather than making sure you don't miss and is a truer test of skill than "oh I missed, welp there goes teh uhrn"

I agree, as long as there's one tourney with raw scoring I think it would be fine either way. Like middie said, raw scoring is becoming / has become the most accepted way of doing it IMO

DossarLX ODI 12-3-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnr61 (Post 3812557)

Agreed, plus the division affected the least from combo scoring is D6 because that division usually winds up being a difference of 1 good regardless of the round. D5 last tournament powerfull would have won if it was raw scoring (he had teens with one miss IIRC)

VisD 12-3-2012 12:16 PM

Raw scoring all the way. Making the argument that "it's traditional" is a bit like saying "Let's just use telegram instead of the Internet because that's how our ancestors used to do it!"