Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149562)

DaBackpack 08-20-2018 09:08 PM

Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4643497)
He did something in my eyes that was par for the course for cel. At worst imo it's 50/50. I'm not sure if he has leveled up his wolf game to the point where he can casually sidestep straight up accusations like that without resorting to aggression

50/50 are pretty good odds

the sun fan 08-20-2018 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4643494)
I don't know what it is. I know you have a vote on him, but I don't actually believe u think cel is a wolf.

The progression feels like it came out of nowhere. Maybe this is just a product of me selectively reading but do you have something from yesterday or early today that was the catalyst for this

I said earlier that I feel like I had an "epiphany" so yeah it really did come out of nowhere

I was walking to return a textbook I borrowed and without being prompted or really even thinking about TWG my brain said "Why hasn't Cel given a stupid associative read that makes me roll my eyes"

I do think that its something he like, can't really help himself from doing as town and I've seen a lack of those kinds of reads this game, with a single exception that really was weak more than anything else.

And again, please look at how he reacted to the vote more than my case because I don't expect people to follow the case itself.

FreezinIce 08-20-2018 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4643498)
50/50 are pretty good odds

50/50 is null to me. Null isn't good odds unless I have a big town circle that I trust

the sun fan 08-20-2018 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4643495)
You lasering in on him reminds me of myself except I don't think you regularly do this

I regularly do this, just like, on different people.

the sun fan 08-20-2018 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4643497)
He did something in my eyes that was par for the course for cel. At worst imo it's 50/50. I'm not sure if he has leveled up his wolf game to the point where he can casually sidestep straight up accusations like that without resorting to aggression

I think I strongly disagree with the last sentence given he did exactly that at least twice in the turbo, which he will admit.

FreezinIce 08-20-2018 09:14 PM

I'll have to go back and reread cause I'm only remembering bits and pieces

FreezinIce 08-20-2018 09:15 PM

When I said par for the course for cel I was thinking about the dumb elephant talk he responded with. I missed anything after that.

I'm playing so half cocked lmao

Xiz 08-20-2018 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4643472)
so what you're saying is, you voted someone for reactions 5 min to deadline, when you didn't seem to have your mind made up

wat

also did you change your mind overnight bc you kept your vote through deadline

why are you not reading my posts ive made at least 10 explaining this dude???

the sun fan 08-20-2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4643504)
When I said par for the course for cel I was thinking about the dumb elephant talk he responded with. I missed anything after that.

I'm playing so half cocked lmao

nah, its mostly that

Xiz 08-20-2018 09:18 PM

i changed my mind during night phase, please read my posts. also ind saying that makes me want to not lynch funny anymore

Xiz 08-20-2018 09:18 PM

i still might but, thats a big :thinking:

blindreper1179 08-20-2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4643436)
I'm starting to think that the best way to get a read on blind is to piss him off

You're such a dick lmao

Xiz 08-20-2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4643489)
I am not clearing Prec for that. He seems like he couldve thought of that as a wolf. I do like his posts tho. His reads feel against the grain and I tend to like that. Beyond that, I really have to admit that I'm playing off of feel atm. Cel continues to be a wolf btw.

Also because wolf day chat

the sun fan 08-20-2018 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4643510)
Also because wolf day chat

well, that's a nonfactor in this particular example but
YOU'RE WELCOME WOLVES YOU'D BETTER BE UTILIZING THAT

inDheart 08-20-2018 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Precarious (Post 4643439)
While I definitely stood to benefit last game with the competing fake claims, I really do believe that fake claims should be punished. Any sort of gambit doesn't outweigh the implicit lack of trust, nor the precedent it sets—particularly since I've seen towns get burned elsewhere ignoring fake claims. But it's worth distinguishing between outright, specific lies and internal inconsistencies. Everyone is likely guilty of the latter from time to time—I'll probably manage a few in this text wall. But while they shouldn't necessarily be a clarion call for an immediate lynch, internal inconsistency is definitely more scum-sided than town, because wolves are, by definition, putting on an act, and thus aren't actually working toward the goal of lynching all wolves. Thus, they're more likely to get their wires crossed when making cases—they're not actually trying to solve anything, they're just putting up what looks good, and would benefit the wolf victory condition long term.

The problem with an inconsistency like this is that it's certainly something a wolf might do; make a convenient case, then retract it when it stops being convenient. But because a wolf-case is always manufactured, how they get in and out of it can be lost along the way. But at the same time, inconsistency isn't solely a wolf failing, particularly in a game where gut reads and general intuition plays a large role. It can be difficult to fully explain how you feel sometimes (although I think it's good practice to at least try). So while I would hold that lynch all liars isn't necessarily bad advice, it should apply to clear, definitive lies, and less so to something like this. I kind of fall in the middle on this; I think it should be a point against Sun, but not a huge one.

so while we're on the topic of internal inconsistency, do you see the contradiction gradiant was trying to point out in funny's posts?

i've stared at it a couple times and tried to get other people to stare at it and am still a mess about it

also if you'd have to pick a suspect to say, put your vote on right now, who would that be

DaBackpack 08-20-2018 09:23 PM

I'll take a look at funny and cel in a bit

blindreper1179 08-20-2018 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Precarious (Post 4643445)
we can't even be sure of how many wolves there are for example.

What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What. What.

inDheart 08-20-2018 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4643505)
why are you not reading my posts ive made at least 10 explaining this dude???

???

i know why you have the read now bc that's what you've been explaining

what compelled you to vote him at the time

that's what i don't see

inDheart 08-20-2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4643507)
i changed my mind during night phase, please read my posts. also ind saying that makes me want to not lynch funny anymore

what in the mother fuck

Xiz 08-20-2018 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4643515)
???

i know why you have the read now bc that's what you've been explaining

what compelled you to vote him at the time

that's what i don't see

oh

i didnt want to vote sunfan, and gradiant i was thinking about but ended up not because of how i was reading him earlier

i think then thought that dbp wasn't really creating conversation that was helping town, i think i remember saying it wasn't a strong read but i didn't think the two top wagons were gonna help us at that time