Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Past Re-Submissions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151415)

psychoangel691 11-2-2019 03:14 PM

Past Re-Submissions

Hey guys, I know there's been some re-subs that seemingly got lost along the way at some point. I started going through looking for any re-submissions that need to be looked at. I'm not totally sure that all of this is accurate, this is just me going through the list and looking through the email and submission section so I'm going to put the list here, let me know if anything looks off. I'm going to try to get someone to look over them to see if they meet the conditions if I can't get anyone I'll take a look over them myself, but I want to make sure I have all the right stuff here real quick.

Thank you for being patient with me as I get all the batch stuff back to normal operation. Doing my best to get us where we need to be.

Iggy (Ghost_Medley)
Error Code (rushyrulz)
Ultraviolent Junglist (DarkZtar)
The Friendly Wolf Part 1 (Xtreme2252)

Accepted
Cycles (DDMythicalB3ast)
The Last Step (XelNya)
Chaos (Skullbac)
Donkey Punch (rayword45)
La Tristesse Durera Toujours (XelNya)
Horizon (DossarLX ODI)
Polis Ruin (Reshiram)

Rejected
How Things Went Wrong (XelNya)
Year of the Bad Dragon (Xtreme2252)
Stingray (James May)
Pouncelciot (ositzx369)
Running in the 90s (Psychotik)
Aquazar Destroys The Plastic World (I like it)
Beauty The Beast (Hairy Cabbage)

Psychotik 11-2-2019 03:38 PM

Re: Past Re-Submissions

Looking back at Running in the 90s, I'd prefer if it was rejected right now. I might submit a revised version in the future.

ositzxz369 11-2-2019 03:39 PM

On my Pouncelciot file, TC_Halogen rated the latest version of it and said it was still Rejected b/c of the terrible-ness of the song's second half. Him and I couldn't figure out a way to solve it back then. Maybe I can do better on it nowadays(?), but I'd like to have a second opinion from a stepper who is really good at doing polyrhythms.

psychoangel691 11-2-2019 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychotik (Post 4701250)
Looking back at Running in the 90s, I'd prefer if it was rejected right now. I might submit a revised version in the future.

You got it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ositzxz369 (Post 4701251)
On my Pouncelciot file, TC_Halogen rated the latest version of it and said it was still Rejected b/c of the terrible-ness of the song's second half. Him and I couldn't figure out a way to solve it back then. Maybe I can do better on it nowadays(?), but I'd like to have a second opinion from a stepper who is really good at doing polyrhythms.

Ah okay, I didn't think he'd gotten to any of the revised files. I mean AJ's an overall pretty strong simfile author/judge but feel free to ask around.

Reshiram 11-2-2019 09:43 PM

Regarding Polis Ruin, I have a better version of fixes if I should send that back to you for it to be approved up. I don't even remember what fixes I sent way back when but I took a fresh look recently and balanced it out far better.

psychoangel691 11-3-2019 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reshiram (Post 4701262)
Regarding Polis Ruin, I have a better version of fixes if I should send that back to you for it to be approved up. I don't even remember what fixes I sent way back when but I took a fresh look recently and balanced it out far better.

You can send it on over to me.

Reshiram 11-3-2019 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4701266)
You can send it on over to me.

And by that do you mean over PMs here, Discord, or a different source?

psychoangel691 11-3-2019 02:36 AM

Discord is easiest for me if that works for you

XelNya 11-3-2019 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4701249)
Hey guys, I know there's been some re-subs that seemingly got lost along the way at some point. I started going through looking for any re-submissions that need to be looked at. I'm not totally sure that all of this is accurate, this is just me going through the list and looking through the email and submission section so I'm going to put the list here, let me know if anything looks off. I'm going to try to get someone to look over them to see if they meet the conditions if I can't get anyone I'll take a look over them myself, but I want to make sure I have all the right stuff here real quick.

Thank you for being patient with me as I get all the batch stuff back to normal operation. Doing my best to get us where we need to be.

The Last Step (XelNya)
How Things Went Wrong (XelNya)

These should be about right?

I don't recall sending the last two after any submissions, but I'd need to see the files in comparison to what was sent the first time to check for you rofl and sadly I don't keep older copies, and I lost a fair amount of files in updating etterna, and some other stuff. I do happen to have these ones though, and I don't have either tagged as [Resubmission] save la triste.

Rapta 11-3-2019 09:59 PM

Ooh, Ultraviolet Junglist is in there!

bmah 11-3-2019 11:54 PM

Castorpollux has already been fixed and accepted: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ux#post4640486

This post shows that I submitted fixes back on July 6, 2017: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ux#post4599210

Yup, it's been THAT long. Originally submitted for the Sept/Oct batch of 2016, it's been three years.

psychoangel691 11-4-2019 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 4701317)
Castorpollux has already been fixed and accepted: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ux#post4640486

This post shows that I submitted fixes back on July 6, 2017: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ux#post4599210

Yup, it's been THAT long. Originally submitted for the Sept/Oct batch of 2016, it's been three years.

Ah the list he gave me still had them listed under conditional. Thanks!

James May 11-4-2019 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4701249)
Stingray (James May)

I'm surprised this is on here and not Puppy Parade lmao. To be fair, the patterning on Stingray got real shitposty towards the end. Gonna probs keep this one as rejected tbh

psychoangel691 11-4-2019 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James May (Post 4701319)
I'm surprised this is on here and not Puppy Parade lmao. To be fair, the patterning on Stingray got real shitposty towards the end. Gonna probs keep this one as rejected tbh

I'm goin off a spreadsheet Doss gave me that had things labelled as conditional or pending fixes and that I saw re-subs in the email or on the sub area for.

James May 11-7-2019 12:46 AM

Ah! Alrighty

psychoangel691 01-21-2020 09:30 AM

Thank you guys for being patient with me as I work through old stuff and keep the new stuff going. Looking at more CQ today

Horizon (DossarLX ODI)
Polis Ruin (Reshiram)

have all been moved to accepted, still working through more.

Dinglesberry 01-21-2020 09:42 AM

Quote:

Rejected
Year of the Bad Dragon (Xtreme2252)
Lmao

psychoangel691 01-22-2020 04:49 PM

AJ looked at the past OT stuff here's his comments:

Aguazaur Destroys The Plastic World [I like it] - few to little changes made and most notes in previous judgment still apply; not accepted.

Beauty & the Beast [Hairy Cabbage] - few to little changes made and most notes in previous judgment still apply; not accepted.

Chaos [Skullbac]: audio file is misnamed; open in AV and hit Ctrl+P, then hit the magnifying glass next to the "Music" field to fix. fixes are well done and chart is much more playable/enjoyable now; accepted!

Cycles [DDMythicalB3ast]: a lot of subtle nuances have changed about this file but many minor things still remain. However, after reassessing my notes and the impact of the notes against the overall judgment score, I think the score was overall a bit harsh. Accepted.

Error Code [rushyrulz]: first off, apologies on the notes I gave to you on this because they were admittedly not the greatest quality. First off, chart offset changed to 1.702 (not sure why I said offset was good, it was noticeably off, by 20ms). Secondly, there are still instances of drops where there should be only two notes of repetition instead of three, and I also messed up when giving you these notes by mentioning some instances where there were legitimate three-note repeats: there's really none that are viable. Some instances are the same notes but with different levels of punch, which would be better to break mini-jacks off in general. Give it another go and see if you can find them all - if not, I can help with this. Staying in Conditional Queue status.

How Things Went Wrong [XelNya]: changes were never made to this chart with the submission in April of 2018; not accepted.

The Friendly Wolf (Part 1) [Xtreme2252]: even better still; you're close with this. There's still some inconsistency in the representation of the drums that you follow throughout the chart, and some jump placements are a bit strange. Let's talk more in detail about specific target areas when you get the chance and we'll get this fixed up by having you think a bit more about some ambiguous things. Conditional queue.

The Last Step [XelNya]: an even more egregious instance where my score was definitely a bit too harsh. I see subtle changes that were resolved, and overall this file's actually pretty fun. Accepted.

Ultraviolent Junglist: I need a bit more time to look at this. Result looks a lot more favorable than before, but there's still some other tweaks that I want to see made and I'll list them out in detail.

XelNya 01-22-2020 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4709680)
The Last Step [XelNya]: an even more egregious instance where my score was definitely a bit too harsh. I see subtle changes that were resolved, and overall this file's actually pretty fun. Accepted.

I am very hype to see this file get into the game.