Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 194 - Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151853)

Bolth mannn 04-28-2020 03:35 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

oops didnt mean to leave the bolded mml in

Duskfall 04-28-2020 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4727375)
haha 'ight ima sign up let's do this for real duskfall

I was gonna but I dont really like vote for town game :(

Funnygurl555 04-28-2020 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4727480)
I was gonna but I dont really like vote for town game :(

hm? what do ya mean :O

Bolth mannn 04-28-2020 03:47 AM

I feel like I could see a Shadow, Dusk and MML team, shadow did go hard on Dusk in that big post though so perhaps swap one of them, probably dusk, with DBP or Jessie

Funnygurl555 04-28-2020 03:49 AM

maaaaaaaaaaan ulli why'd you have to leave. you were hard to read but shado's even tougher x.x

Bolth mannn 04-28-2020 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4727476)
ShadoWolfe's reads seems to align toward a Duskfall/Jessie/DBP team.

I was definitely aware of the postcount thing too. Similar conclusion as FFA.

What specifically got you those three names from Shadow's post?

Hakulyte 04-28-2020 03:54 AM

I guess I projected what I thought would make sense for me in these reads rather than what Shadow really thinks.

ShadoWolfe 04-28-2020 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4727477)
Isn't MML still trying to lynch Xiz though?

Still analysing everything else you've said but that stood out to me in particular

What does MML trying to lynch Xiz this phase have to do with his actions last phase?

Last phase, he pushed to move off Xiz from a mechanical standpoint of letting unCC'd claims stay until the claims resolve themselves or the PRs die. Xiz has since shot his shot. His utility is the same as a villager now, so lynching him comes down to whether or not you believe his claim — as well as some strategic considerations that you're free to take into account. My own thoughts notwithstanding, I can see absolutely see MML's perspective on reasons why Xiz is viable this phase. That doesn't impact my read on MML's actions last phase.

Does that make sense?

Bolth mannn 04-28-2020 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727486)
Does that make sense?

Yea my bad

Some of your reads like Leetic included things in this phase so I assumed you were talking about this phases shenanigans too

ShadoWolfe 04-28-2020 04:11 AM

Quote:

ShadoWolfe's reads seems to align toward a Duskfall/Jessie/DBP team.

That's pretty close, actually. I've only partially skimmed this phase, so I can't fully answer that buuuut

I think at this point I think Dusk is the scummiest barring slots that will resolve themselves.

As for the other two,
I'm really not sure about Jessie 'cause she's posted so little, but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. She had little real content last phase, and what there was wasn't exactly insightful. FG thinks she's scummy which may be a good sheep given the check, but I'd pursue Dusk first.

DBP this phase seems better than DBP last phase, and I didn't have much against him last phase so I don't think I'd include him here yet.

I'd put Xiz well above DBP in terms of my suspicion. I really didn't like him last phase or believe his claim too much, but it does exist un-counterclaimed by either a different claim or the setup Letters, so I think it may be wise to give him more time until a contradiction in possible worlds appears.

Quote:

I was definitely aware of the postcount thing too. Similar conclusion as FFA.

You were aware of the postcount requirement or aware that psycho was below it?
but fair point, it ended up being a good thing that the lynch didn't fall on leetic.

ShadoWolfe 04-28-2020 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4727483)
maaaaaaaaaaan ulli why'd you have to leave. you were hard to read but shado's even tougher x.x

<3 u 2 b00

ShadoWolfe 04-28-2020 04:15 AM

k I'm off for the night. it got really late really fast
g'night

Duskfall

Bolth mannn 04-28-2020 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727488)
DBP this phase seems better than DBP last phase, and I didn't have much against him last phase so I don't think I'd include him here yet.

He hasn't posted this phase?

flashflash account 04-28-2020 04:18 AM

First few posts in the iso are memes, but we gradually get into less meme territory as dbp hones in on other posts. Notably dbp actually catches an inconsistency in bolt's meme post, in which bolt says "I don't see myself voting backpack this phase" or something to that effect and actually does end up voting dbp. Additionally, the callout of funnygurl for voting tforce feels very down-to-business in the same way.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726245)
I'm at the point where all advocating for inactive lynch is NAI-- MML is doing a good thing by pushing it, but there's no town points there anymore

if he doesn't put UP on top of that, he's suspicious

Given current discussion regarding dbp (and inactives), I do like this post though, dbp notes there's no townpants to pursue inactive lynches, yet defends the inactive lynches anyway. I think this errs toward the towny sort of inconsistency, there's no mental boundaries that dbp has set, their posts are being open and honest.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726259)
duskfall is town

saying it now for the post-game

Posts like this are something I consider hallmarks of how dbp approaches the game, and the bluntness is something I appreciate. They're also superficially towny, and dbp is more than aware of this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726270)
I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility, I ask for certain specific statements because I want to know if you think that this player is capable of conjuring this specific reasoning not as a townie

i.e. sometimes there are statements that don't sound like a wolf would originally conceive of or default to.

This quote (and the ones preceding it) gives a lot of partner equity to dabackpack and uli-wolfe imo. Just putting it here for future me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726344)
gonna let this feud go on but have a general comment on this later

worth noting this if dbp ever follows up on it

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726364)
idk it feels like I've actually been game-solving, at least in how I'm using my brain, engaging in Socratic discussion with people

at any rate, I think MML, Haku, Xelnya, DUsk are towny
you are leaning-town but that also depends on how you engage after you dig on MML
Of course in terms of actual lynching psycho, jessie, and xiz is the best pool. Xiz in particular I want to directly engage with because reasons.

rest I'm not focusing on so far, maybe ully and bolt on the scummier end of null

wait, dbp says "i've been solving" and ties it to discussion with "people"
then lists 4 players that they haven't interacted with outside of casual messing around...
elaboration needed

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4726373)
what I was going to say to leetic earlier was that I don't think MML's reaction to leetic voting him is that unusual. I'm more accustomed to town reactions being something like his, or "why?", and asking for actual reasoning

if the voter has a bad case, or a single-liner, townies are more likely not throw a bitch-fit about it, unless the voter is really insistent on the vote

leetic's one stated argument is not compelling to me, and MML's reactions to it are mostly what I would expect from towny MML

that's all I have to say about that atm

well, here's the followup
it isn't much but it does seem to be a legit thought dbp has here

dbp's iso after this is broad "here's how I play" strokes

ultimately on reread I see some red flags, and while I was going to continue isoing I'm just gonna drop a vote here and peace out till later
dbp

outside of the red flags the iso is generically towny and it's easy to see why I came away with a town lean on the slot while interacting
I maybe still town read dbp? But regardless they need to be here so I do like this vote.

ShadoWolfe 04-28-2020 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4727491)
He hasn't posted this phase?

He hasn't? I coulda sworn he was posting around the time MML and FFA were coalescing against Xiz, but I may have gotten names confused.

Like I said, I haven't really read this phase so I may have gotten the names confused. uuughhh now I gotta go check

flashflash account 04-28-2020 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4727469)
Gonna park my vote on dbp for now

I'll be on a bit later tonight and I'll definitely be back at least an hour before EoD, but its almost sleeping time in Australia.

Really want to see more from shadow and dusk as well.

oop

flashflash account 04-28-2020 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4727492)

This quote (and the ones preceding it) gives a lot of partner equity to dabackpack and uli-wolfe imo. Just putting it here for future me.

[tinfoil intensifies]

ShadoWolfe 04-28-2020 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727493)
He hasn't? I coulda sworn he was posting around the time MML and FFA were coalescing against Xiz, but I may have gotten names confused.

Like I said, I haven't really read this phase so I may have gotten the names confused. uuughhh now I gotta go check

You're right. he hasn't.
idk where I got that from, mb.

maybe I should play with avatars enabled after all :shrug:

ShadoWolfe 04-28-2020 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4727495)
[tinfoil intensifies]

go to sleep lol

g'night

Bolth mannn 04-28-2020 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4727492)
Notably dbp actually catches an inconsistency in bolt's meme post, in which bolt says "I don't see myself voting backpack this phase" or something to that effect and actually does end up voting dbp.

It was part of the meme :( I was happy when dbp noticed it cause it was my favourite part to write lol