Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   WAP (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152223)

Funnygurl555 08-12-2020 08:28 PM

WAP
 


a culturally important piece of music (not /s)

please discuss

mi40 08-12-2020 08:35 PM

Re: WAP
 
the absolute state of education in america

Dynam0 08-12-2020 08:36 PM

Re: WAP
 
trash

mi40 08-12-2020 08:37 PM

Re: WAP
 
cardi b gang gang
what are u most passionate about in life
cocaine bad bitches and alcohol


DaBackpack 08-12-2020 08:39 PM

Re: WAP
 
the p-word is m-moist

Funnygurl555 08-12-2020 08:41 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 4740235)
the absolute state of education in america

ur just jelly that you don't got dat 🍑 👏👏👏

DaBackpack 08-12-2020 08:41 PM

Re: WAP
 
not as good as sonic cd tbh

Funnygurl555 08-12-2020 08:44 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4740240)
not as good as sonic cd tbh

gotta go fast..................... for this 💦🍑🐱 😋

Walrusizer 08-12-2020 08:45 PM

Re: WAP
 
the knowledge that she has a 'wet ass p-word' deeply offends me and i request a safe space far away from it

mi40 08-12-2020 08:46 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4740239)
ur just jelly that you don't got dat 🍑 👏👏👏

i'm not focused on any of that right now. i'm focused on taking advantage of the extremely volatile stock market right now. while people are watching for the newest cardi b music video i'm watching out for upcoming earnings reports and reading up on how companies are doing so i can make new investments accordingly so when the inevitable crash of the economy comes after the stimulus payments and eviction moratoriums run out, i'm prepared for it. see you guys in 2022 when the market finally gets back to pre-corona employment numbers.

Funnygurl555 08-12-2020 08:47 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 4740243)
i'm not focused on any of that right now. i'm focused on taking advantage of the extremely volatile stock market right now. while people are watching for the newest cardi b music video i'm watching out for upcoming earnings reports and reading up on how companies are doing so i can make new investments accordingly so when the inevitable crash of the economy comes after the stimulus payments and eviction moratoriums run out, i'm prepared for it. see you guys in 2022 when the market finally gets back to pre-corona employment numbers.

i mean you can appreciate music and be financially literate but ok boomer

DaBackpack 08-12-2020 08:52 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 4740243)
i'm not focused on any of that right now. i'm focused on taking advantage of the extremely volatile stock market right now. while people are watching for the newest cardi b music video i'm watching out for upcoming earnings reports and reading up on how companies are doing so i can make new investments accordingly so when the inevitable crash of the economy comes after the stimulus payments and eviction moratoriums run out, i'm prepared for it. see you guys in 2022 when the market finally gets back to pre-corona employment numbers.


mi40 08-12-2020 08:55 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4740245)

Workhorse ($WKHS) is a great stock. they've done me extremely well with the recent EV hype along with tickers like $BLNK, $CLSK, $NIO, and shorting $NKLA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4740244)
i mean you can appreciate music and be financially literate but ok boomer

this is music to my ears, who are you to define what "music" is?

EtienneSM 08-12-2020 08:58 PM

Re: WAP
 
Song was kinda boring tbh. I don't mind both artists, but can't say I really cared for this. Idk why this song has become so weirdly controversial. There's been songs just as raunchy that have been out I feel over the years lmao

Just listen to Janelle Monae if you want sexual themes in your music tbh. Shit slaps

Travis_Flesher 08-12-2020 08:58 PM

Re: WAP
 
big cardi fan, but i had to struggle to enjoy this one.

mi40 08-12-2020 08:59 PM

Re: WAP
 
thank you for entertaining my rants, cardi b i have no actual opinion of but my previous housemate blasted cardi b all the time at 0500 AM right before i got up for the stock market so i'm inclined to dislike their music.

EtienneSM 08-12-2020 09:02 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 4740249)
thank you for entertaining my rants, cardi b i have no actual opinion of but my previous housemate blasted cardi b all the time at 0500 AM right before i got up for the stock market so i'm inclined to dislike their music.

That's a pretty valid reason tbh

mi40 08-12-2020 09:09 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by EtienneSM (Post 4740250)
That's a pretty valid reason tbh

yeah it sucks. thankfully i have my own place now so i can now be woken up by not music at 0500 but the fears of tim cook or elon musk tweeting something absolutely bonkers and ruining my portfolio in 3 seconds instead.

j-rodd123 08-12-2020 09:29 PM

Re: WAP
 
Not a fan of it personally, I agree with the comment that it was boring. I also strooooooongly dislike Cardi B because that’s totally relevant

trumaestro 08-12-2020 09:44 PM

Re: WAP
 
Top 10 Music Videos You Can Smell

Feel like watching this should come with a penicillin prescription

DaBackpack 08-12-2020 09:50 PM

Re: WAP
 
all I hear in this thread is "waah me no like pussy stank ��"

mi40 08-12-2020 09:59 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4740255)
all I hear in this thread is "waah me no like pussy stank ��"

people love the smell of money more than pussy stank. that's a guarantee.

Gradiant 08-12-2020 10:01 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4740255)
all I hear in this thread is "waah me no like pussy stank ��"

We've already got Cupcakke for that though

mi40 08-12-2020 10:31 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4740257)
We've already got Cupcakke for that though

nobody can beat cupcakke on the dirtyness


sweet2kill210 08-12-2020 10:49 PM

Re: WAP
 
Unpopular opinion here but I love it and think she has undeniably good flow. While I like songs to have meaning and depth to them there are also times where I just wanna turn the brain off and listen to something that flows well or something that gets me pumped. Sometimes I want Mozart, other times I want goreshit. Sometimes I want Mos Def or MF Doom, other times I want "trash" like Cardi B. :P

Mahou 08-12-2020 11:04 PM

Re: WAP
 
For today’s standards, it’s a hit. Its the age where you’ll hear more songs where women are glorifying using their body to obtain the bag (I.e only fans).

mellonxcollie 08-12-2020 11:36 PM

Re: WAP
 
I was so fucking confused at first cause I saw posts about it before I realized it was a song, I thought it was a new term for white people like WASPs but slightly different somehow??

anyways personally I don't care for the song but sometimes songs can take a while to grow on me, so maybe i'll give it another listen once the hype dies down. never gonna complain about another bad bitch anthem being put into the world tho

mi40 08-12-2020 11:41 PM

Re: WAP
 
non productive member of society anthem

Funnygurl555 08-13-2020 12:15 AM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4740265)
I was so fucking confused at first cause I saw posts about it before I realized it was a song, I thought it was a new term for white people like WASPs but slightly different somehow??

same

anyways time to give my hot(tm) take

so the song is significant not for the content but the controversy surrounding it.

as etienne already mentioned, sexually explicit songs are nothing new, when sung by men or women. but there's two things here that stand out: the song is more explicit than other sexual songs by contemporary artists (e.g. anaconda by nicki minaj, whistle by flo rida (ew)) and the song and the accompanying music video portray women as in charge of their sexuality and dominant over their partners (who we'd assume are men). music today is indeed very sexist, and women-- especially black women-- are often objectified.

we then have the music video which o n l y includes women, predominately black of all shades. an exception is kylie jenner, which i think is an interesting inclusion. she is very much white but her and her family have been accused over the years of co-opting black culture for money and fame. some think she shouldn't have been in the video at all, as her presence is detracting from the attention that cardi b and megan thee stallion should have instead. i don't know what to think of it, really. we also see normani at the end of the video who is talented af and let's us know it, but she's spoken out about racism in the music industry before (edit: and has not seen the meteoric rise in her career that she deserves). her music video "motivation" was also criticized as sexual when, really, it was pretty modest compared to other music videos when we think about it. why is that?

when people decry this song, they call it trashy. specifically, trashy. that's not the wording we use when a male singer makes a sexually explicit song, or when a woman is sexualized in a male singer's music video... or when a white or white passing woman makes a sexually explicit music video. i think this points towards the intersection of racism and sexism in both the music industry and in society as a whole.

and that's why i love this song. it's also a b o p

DaBackpack 08-13-2020 02:10 AM

Re: WAP
 
I think funnygurl hit the nail on the head there

Women are constantly fucking objectified in the music industry, and in the "entertainment" business, period. So you might say, "what's so special about this song, it's still objectifying women"

I'd reply--- "for who?"

Historically the objectification of women has always been in the service of the male audience, a phenomenon called the "male gaze." Sex sells, you mighta heard about that. Sells to who? To men, duh.

Objectification in and of itself isn't strictly a bad thing. It's not bad to want to feel sexy, attractive, or desirable, even if those desires are a result of sexist societal conditioning. It's also not "regressive" for women to be open about sexual experiences and preferences, even though Western society has this inherently contradictory desire for women to be sex objects but also to... not have sex.

If a song utilizes objectification but also comes directly from the female experience, who the fuck am I to criticize that as a form of expression, of reclamation, of self-love? The remedy to "men objectify women" doesn't have to be to literally police ALL raunchy objectification and self-expression; if anything, that reinforces the male domination of the sexual woman.

To reiterate, the problem with sexual objectification is that men use it to belittle the personhood of women. "Women are a prize", "women will want you if you buy XYZ", "you are entitled to one (1) woman to have sex with." That is clearly wrong. But to deny women the ability to talk candidly about sex is only doing the sexist power structures a favor.

Gradiant 08-13-2020 08:56 AM

Re: WAP
 
Unpopular opinion, don't @ me:
I think people tend to put more weight towards whether or not an artist or the people in the music video are POC or a women rather than if the song is actually 'good'. I'd call this song trashy, not mainly because of the content (I actually enjoy listening to shit like 'my neck, my back' or cupcakke, whether it's their actual songs or the mashups with pop songs that are all over youtube), but because I think its just trash in general. The song to me is just incredibly boring, and pairing that with it coming from an also incredibly overrated artist AND a small bit if it being sex for sex's sake, I just really don't like this song. Unfortunately because of the first line of this post, generally if people don't like songs like this its seen as it because of the person being racist or sexist rather than not liking it because it's boring af

Bolth mannn 08-13-2020 09:31 AM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 4740249)
thank you for entertaining my rants, cardi b i have no actual opinion of but my previous housemate blasted cardi b all the time at 0500 AM right before i got up for the stock market so i'm inclined to dislike their music.

whatever this bit is that you're doing, i'm a huge fan, keep it up

EtienneSM 08-13-2020 09:45 AM

Re: WAP
 
Gonna be honest, still don't see how this song stands out. Ashnikko, CupcakKe, Janelle Monae, and probably like a ton of other female artists have all expressed similar themes like this song to some degree. Just because it's slightly more raunchy and honest doesn't separate it that much, and I just felt no more than neutral about it.

Frankly, I don't care to entertain the conversation in this thread because I just see nothing different in this song that hasn't already been expressed and probably never will, but if someone wants to take it to DM's, I'm always down for a convo

ledwix 08-13-2020 09:52 AM

Re: WAP
 
Women objectify themselves, because they know it is to their advantage. Similarly, this video displays such. It displays sexual objectification for massive monetary gain, without any virtue or display of moral clarity.

That is the great irony of proclaiming it as "culturally significant." It still comes down to them wh0ring themselves out rather than doing anything of any productive utility. It still comes down to some man somewhere toiling away for potentially hundreds or thousands of hours, producing for society, in order to pay her tuition "for a kiss."

There is no "sexist power structure." Society is the collection of individual decisions made. Don't blame society, blame yourself. It cuts far deeper than the "Western society = bad" memes propagated by professors. This is evolutionary principle at play here.

Women are free to shave their heads, dress like guys, and act stoic, since guys will turn away from them more often or assume they are gay.

But most choose not to, because every decision has consequences, and most women have judged the advantages as worth it. That's largely because when you live as a man, no one chases you around competing to give you free stuff. Your comfort isn't even an entity of consideration. Your value is not innate, but vested in your continued ability to toil away, skillfully working hard to produce a result. Your value is in your talents, not in simply existing.

So most women like to be a prize; not a mere prize, but at LEAST a prize. There's nothing wrong with that, as you might as well use every advantage you have.

mi40 08-13-2020 10:13 AM

Re: WAP
 
me: shy girls are actually really nice and innocent :smile:
the shy girl: :twisted:

choof 08-13-2020 10:35 AM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ledwix (Post 4740283)
Women objectify themselves, because they know it is to their advantage. Similarly, this video displays such. It displays sexual objectification for massive monetary gain, without any virtue or display of moral clarity.

That is the great irony of proclaiming it as "culturally significant." It still comes down to them wh0ring themselves out rather than doing anything of any productive utility. It still comes down to some man somewhere toiling away for potentially hundreds or thousands of hours, producing for society, in order to pay her tuition "for a kiss."

There is no "sexist power structure." Society is the collection of individual decisions made. Don't blame society, blame yourself. It cuts far deeper than the "Western society = bad" memes propagated by professors. This is evolutionary principle at play here.

Women are free to shave their heads, dress like guys, and act stoic, since guys will turn away from them more often or assume they are gay.

But most choose not to, because every decision has consequences, and most women have judged the advantages as worth it. That's largely because when you live as a man, no one chases you around competing to give you free stuff. Your comfort isn't even an entity of consideration. Your value is not innate, but vested in your continued ability to toil away, skillfully working hard to produce a result. Your value is in your talents, not in simply existing.

So most women like to be a prize; not a mere prize, but at LEAST a prize. There's nothing wrong with that, as you might as well use every advantage you have.

ok boomer

MixMasterLar 08-13-2020 10:41 AM

Re: WAP
 
I mean I'm a Danny Sexbang fan so there's no way I'm going to demonize this track but if your stance is that it's got a good beat/flow imma hard disagree with you.

Honestly I found the lyrics kinda funny because 10 years ago these lines would have been prime real estate for a parody song on YouTube but Cardi is saying it with a straight face and it slays me. The bit about parking it in her lil' garage caused me to miss half the song and that's the honest truth.

But since I first heard it I have seen some backlash that comes off as unfair / unrelated to the music itself and while I'm sure someone here is gonna point out the praise it gets is oftentimes also unrelated to the music....IDK I think I've reached the point in my life where joy and positivity don't need justification but criticism kinda fucking does.

If you like it for whatever reason keep on keeping on; if you don't like it, either just leave it at your personal preference or have solid lines of reasoning that extend past the word "gross"

Dynam0 08-13-2020 10:45 AM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4740268)
same

anyways time to give my hot(tm) take

so the song is significant not for the content but the controversy surrounding it.

as etienne already mentioned, sexually explicit songs are nothing new, when sung by men or women. but there's two things here that stand out: the song is more explicit than other sexual songs by contemporary artists (e.g. anaconda by nicki minaj, whistle by flo rida (ew)) and the song and the accompanying music video portray women as in charge of their sexuality and dominant over their partners (who we'd assume are men). music today is indeed very sexist, and women-- especially black women-- are often objectified.

we then have the music video which o n l y includes women, predominately black of all shades. an exception is kylie jenner, which i think is an interesting inclusion. she is very much white but her and her family have been accused over the years of co-opting black culture for money and fame. some think she shouldn't have been in the video at all, as her presence is detracting from the attention that cardi b and megan thee stallion should have instead. i don't know what to think of it, really. we also see normani at the end of the video who is talented af and let's us know it, but she's spoken out about racism in the music industry before (edit: and has not seen the meteoric rise in her career that she deserves). her music video "motivation" was also criticized as sexual when, really, it was pretty modest compared to other music videos when we think about it. why is that?

when people decry this song, they call it trashy. specifically, trashy. that's not the wording we use when a male singer makes a sexually explicit song, or when a woman is sexualized in a male singer's music video... or when a white or white passing woman makes a sexually explicit music video. i think this points towards the intersection of racism and sexism in both the music industry and in society as a whole.

and that's why i love this song. it's also a b o p

Find me the male equivalent to this music video and I would label it trash too. If there was a dude shaking his thicccc butt around talking about his juicy balls unironically I would probably yarf in my mouth as well.

This literally could have been shit out by Miley Cyrus and I would have called that trashy too.

Trash has no skin colour so to imply that my opinion is racist AND sexist is fucked up. If I was a butthurt SJW type I would probably demand an apology for that assertion.

edit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gradiant (Post 4740280)
Unpopular opinion, don't @ me:
I think people tend to put more weight towards whether or not an artist or the people in the music video are POC or a women rather than if the song is actually 'good'. I'd call this song trashy, not mainly because of the content (I actually enjoy listening to shit like 'my neck, my back' or cupcakke, whether it's their actual songs or the mashups with pop songs that are all over youtube), but because I think its just trash in general. The song to me is just incredibly boring, and pairing that with it coming from an also incredibly overrated artist AND a small bit if it being sex for sex's sake, I just really don't like this song. Unfortunately because of the first line of this post, generally if people don't like songs like this its seen as it because of the person being racist or sexist rather than not liking it because it's boring af

THIS A MILLION TIMES JFC

MixMasterLar 08-13-2020 10:56 AM

Re: WAP
 
Dynam0 I believe 100% you would but society at large surely would be more willing to either give it a pass or not say anything at all.

I feel like that's more the point Funny is trying to make.

Dynam0 08-13-2020 11:15 AM

Re: WAP
 
That's the thing though. The fact that fg made a thread to share this video and declared it culturally significant is precisely why it "doesn't get a pass". It's purpose was literally to shock people, no doubt. Madonna used to do trashy stuff back in the day (for those standards) and that shit definitely didn't fly under the radar.

If you want to go way back then look at Elvis when he did his hip thrusting. That shit did NOT go unnoticed and many considered it trashy.

This whole racism and sexism argument is nonsense.

MixMasterLar 08-13-2020 11:20 AM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynam0 (Post 4740293)
Famous, beloved and universally accepted as great white people were also trash and we noticed

There's....a lot to unpack here and truthfully speaking I feel any effort to do so is gonna go unappreciated so I'll just leave it at " hard disagree" and move on.

Funnygurl555 08-13-2020 11:24 AM

Re: WAP
 
i don't mean to imply that anyone's being racist or sexist but moreso to point at the sociological phenomena that lead us to hold women (and specifically women of color) to different standards. i'm sorry if my opinion offended you, dynam0

and also to those who dislike the song, that doesn't mean you're racist or sexist either. music taste is subjective.

you're all free to disagree with my opinion. my take is just my opinion on the song after all, and i'm glad that you guys are engaging with me

edit: miley cyrus is actually an interesting counterexample. i'd argue that in the bangerz era she attempted to appropriate black culture as well, but she did so very crudely and distastefully (e.g. god awful twerking). in her latest ep she tried to get into rapping as well. i'm not sure what her music persona really is at the moment-- she seems to be everywhere

choof 08-13-2020 11:27 AM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4740268)
music today is indeed very sexist, and women-- especially black women-- are often objectified.

music today can be pretty bigoted in general, like migos have dropped at least two tracks where they spout off some homophobia and then you got tards like lil dirk dropping bars about how "if she say no I ain't hearin it"


Quote:

when people decry this song, they call it trashy. specifically, trashy. that's not the wording we use when a male singer makes a sexually explicit song, or when a woman is sexualized in a male singer's music video... or when a white or white passing woman makes a sexually explicit music video. i think this points towards the intersection of racism and sexism in both the music industry and in society as a whole.
dunno about this one, miley cyrus got fuckin owned for that stage performance with the blurred lines dude

Dynam0 08-13-2020 11:30 AM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4740294)
There's....a lot to unpack here and truthfully speaking I feel any effort to do so is gonna go unappreciated so I'll just leave it at " hard disagree" and move on.

You don't think Cardi B is universally appreciated? Look at the view counts, likes, etc. She's clearly "winning the game".

My point is if an artist does something provocative for its own sake, a lot of people are going to call it trashy. There's really nothing more to analyse further than that. This just happens to be a case where a woman of colour does this. Bringing race and sex into this is really just making a fuss from nothing imo.

s1rnight 08-13-2020 12:24 PM

Re: WAP
 
its a cool song, i like how rhythmically fluent all the verses are. all the speaking parts are flying between different singers and different triplets...

mellonxcollie 08-13-2020 12:26 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4740296)
dunno about this one, miley cyrus got fuckin owned for that stage performance with the blurred lines dude

yes she did. All women get shamed for displaying sexuality. But that doesn't mean that black women aren't shit on more frequently, and with heavier scrutiny. White women can "get away with more" where black women will be more likely to be shamed over something minor.

And I'm not saying that people are consciously doing this (tho some certainly are). It's ingrained within our society and culture, for people's default reactions and assumptions about people to differ based on gender or race.

That's the thing about intersectionality. We as women do share that common experience of being shamed, POC share certain experiences, and women POC have their own unique intersection of experiences.

Good example I can think of: Janet Jackson and the wardrobe malfunction. I watched that live and uh, if anyone actually remembers the performance, JUSTIN rips the bustier off janet's bust during a performance of HIS song. Where the line HE sings is "gonna have you naked by the end of this song".

Yet Janet got allllllllll the blame for the "malfunction". Nobody thought "maybe Justin ripped too hard?" and blamed him. Nobody thought "maybe the seamstress made a mistake?" and blamed them. The world saw a black women with her boob out and blamed her, entirely her. When she probably had little to no say in what actually happened since it was a giant production choreographed by her and Justin's teams. Yet Janet takes the blame... hmm

mellonxcollie 08-13-2020 12:39 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4740295)
edit: miley cyrus is actually an interesting counterexample. i'd argue that in the bangerz era she attempted to appropriate black culture as well, but she did so very crudely and distastefully (e.g. god awful twerking). in her latest ep she tried to get into rapping as well. i'm not sure what her music persona really is at the moment-- she seems to be everywhere

also re: miley being criticized. there were a lot of layers to that.

as FG pointed out, she was being called out for cultural appropriation at the same time. The other thing was the very rape-y lyrics and tone of the song. and then the way she was dressed in opposition to her male co-singer, who was in a full suit while she was wearing a flesh-coloured panty set

That performance was using Miley's sexuality to the benefit of her male co-singer. It didn't have the same feeling of female empowerment as many of these other anthems including WAP. it just seemed generally messy and "wtf are you doing". I know that misogyny definitely went into a lot of criticism of Miley but there was some real stuff there, too

mi40 08-13-2020 01:48 PM

Re: WAP
 
imagine listening to cardi b and not three six mafia

Walrusizer 08-13-2020 02:56 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ledwix (Post 4740283)
There is no "sexist power structure." Society is the collection of individual decisions made. Don't blame society, blame yourself. It cuts far deeper than the "Western society = bad" memes propagated by professors. This is evolutionary principle at play here.

So first you say this,

Quote:

Originally Posted by ledwix (Post 4740283)
Women are free to shave their heads, dress like guys, and act stoic, since guys will turn away from them more often or assume they are gay.

But most choose not to, because every decision has consequences, and most women have judged the advantages as worth it. That's largely because when you live as a man, no one chases you around competing to give you free stuff. Your comfort isn't even an entity of consideration. Your value is not innate, but vested in your continued ability to toil away, skillfully working hard to produce a result. Your value is in your talents, not in simply existing.

So most women like to be a prize; not a mere prize, but at LEAST a prize. There's nothing wrong with that, as you might as well use every advantage you have.

and then you give a clear example of 'sexist power structures' while simultaneosly claiming that they don't exist. I know how much people like you love to jerk off 'individual decisions' and somehow believe that libertarian free will exists, but it's simply a fact that people make decisions for a reason. If you grow up in a society where women are almost universally viewed as objects to be won and men to be emotionless workhorses, of course you're probably going to hold those views yourself. Just like how you'd probably be quite racist if you grew up in the south in the 1800s. Assuming that you don't think these sexist attitudes are good, they can obviously still be changed on a societal level, even if it's made up of 'individual decisions'.

kalibee 08-13-2020 05:13 PM

Re: WAP
 
Because I have children, I've seen the newest argument about WAP (ahem Ben Shap- nvm). No matter what my children come across, I will tell them that this is how they choose to express themselves, period. It's not my job to enforce my own opinions on my children. They'll grow up into their own person whether I like it or not, and enforcing my beliefs onto them is where severe childhood depression and anxiety come to play. Don't even get me started on how, at 8 years old, I had free reign on the world wide web lol

I came out alright heh

IwasAsquidOnce 08-13-2020 05:57 PM

Re: WAP
 
its catchy

BigHayden1 08-13-2020 06:07 PM

Re: WAP
 
i dont understand the ben shapiro memes from WAP

Bolth mannn 08-13-2020 07:02 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 4740302)
imagine listening to cardi b and not three six mafia

Imagine listening to music and not investing in TSLA shares

mellonxcollie 08-13-2020 07:10 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigHayden1 (Post 4740312)
i dont understand the ben shapiro memes from WAP

it's because his wife who is a ~doctor~ said that women who have wet pussies must be ill and have a yeast infection or something

so basically ben shapiro has never satisfied his wife, literally confirmed BY HIM in an attempt at a.... brag?

its the funniest fucking thing to ever happen

BigHayden1 08-13-2020 07:31 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4740315)
it's because his wife who is a ~doctor~ said that women who have wet pussies must be ill and have a yeast infection or something

so basically ben shapiro has never satisfied his wife, literally confirmed BY HIM in an attempt at a.... brag?

its the funniest fucking thing to ever happen

oh, well i remember seeing a meme where it was smithers being twerked on by 2 girls and the caption was "if megan thee stallion and cardi b see ben shapiro after WAP" or some shit

Dynam0 08-13-2020 08:15 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4740315)
it's because his wife who is a ~doctor~ said that women who have wet pussies must be ill and have a yeast infection or something

so basically ben shapiro has never satisfied his wife, literally confirmed BY HIM in an attempt at a.... brag?

its the funniest fucking thing to ever happen

lmao what a guy


ilikexd 08-13-2020 08:30 PM

Re: WAP
 
since when are music videos and music the same thing

WildZapdos 08-13-2020 09:22 PM

Re: WAP
 
i will always appreciate the alt-right's incredibly overreaching efforts to give as much exposure as possible to everything that's seen by at least 5 people and challenges their worldviews

ULTIMEGA 08-14-2020 02:21 AM

Re: WAP
 
This. Song. Sucks.

melonpapes 08-15-2020 05:50 PM

Re: WAP
 
bump

ledwix 08-15-2020 06:54 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walrusizer (Post 4740306)
So first you say this, and then you give a clear example of 'sexist power structures' while simultaneosly claiming that they don't exist.

Please cite where I gave an example of a "sexist power structure." All I did was state facts about people's chosen behavior.

Quote:

I know how much people like you love to jerk off 'individual decisions' and somehow believe that libertarian free will exists, but it's simply a fact that people make decisions for a reason.
No, I don't believe "libertarian free will" exists. Don't put words in my mouth.

Quote:

If you grow up in a society where women are almost universally viewed as objects to be won and men to be emotionless workhorses, of course you're probably going to hold those views yourself.
So the reason people make decisions is because of their environment. Okay. But what else? You're painting individuals into a viciously powerless corner, in which case, individuals basically don't exist in any meaningful way. Following that reasoning, there is nothing BUT the environment, in which case, there ought to be no grievances about "sexist power structures," since we are all one harmonious cycle of energies within nature.

Isn't an individual him or herself part of someone else's environment? And that share of someone else's environment, in itself, carries an incremental weight in their decision-making process. Thus everyone literally has a slight bit of power over everyone else. It's a matter of whether one chooses to opt in or out; cooperate or defect. Why squander such power just to win an argument about how hopeless and powerless one is? If you're like to rise above, then rise above.

Walrusizer 08-15-2020 07:58 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ledwix (Post 4740429)
Please cite where I gave an example of a "sexist power structure." All I did was state facts about people's chosen behavior.

That "chosen behavior" is what I am referring to, just like how society "chose" to be racist in the 1800s. If you semantically don't want to consider this to be a 'power structure', fine, I guess, but the effects are the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ledwix (Post 4740429)
So the reason people make decisions is because of their environment. Okay. But what else? You're painting individuals into a viciously powerless corner, in which case, individuals basically don't exist in any meaningful way.

Yeah, people are very largely products of their environments, and I don't mind acknowledging this fact even if it makes you feel bad. Exceptions obviously exist, but they're called exceptions for a reason. I'm not sure if you're trying to hint at genetic factors, but I'll assume not for now because responding will take effort and envioronmental factors obviously very significant regardless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ledwix (Post 4740429)
Following that reasoning, there is nothing BUT the environment, in which case, there ought to be no grievances about "sexist power structures," since we are all one harmonious cycle of energies within nature.

Truly a brilliant revelation! If slavery is a product of environmental factors, there ought to be no grievances about it since we are all one harmonious cycle of energies within nature!

This almost reads like something one of the street preachers I sometimes walk by would use as an argument against atheism. I actually don't even really know what your point is unless you're hinting at some wierd ass religious/spiritual or fancy free will shenanigans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ledwix (Post 4740429)
Isn't an individual him or herself part of someone else's environment? And that share of someone else's environment, in itself, carries an incremental weight in their decision-making process. Thus everyone literally has a slight bit of power over everyone else. It's a matter of whether one chooses to opt in or out; cooperate or defect. Why squander such power just to win an argument about how hopeless and powerless one is? If you're like to rise above, then rise above.

Okay, then let's just tell everybody to stop being sexist and that will solve everything. Join me in the good fight, fellow feminist!

TheSaxRunner05 08-17-2020 11:04 AM

Re: WAP
 
I just came here to shitpost on Ben Shapiro

Wet P-word

Ben: Is this a ... medical condition?

DossarLX ODI 08-17-2020 12:06 PM

Re: WAP
 
What amazes me about these productions is how the video has so much effort put into it but the song itself is bland.

Gravity Kitten 08-17-2020 12:50 PM

Re: WAP
 
i need some pussy

wet succulent dripping honey suckle-like sweet marinated dark skin smooth waxed pussy

i shant even penetrate it. i just ponder at thy glory

trumaestro 08-17-2020 01:49 PM

Re: WAP
 
wet-ass pussy?

wet ass-pussy?

:?

Coolboyrulez0 08-17-2020 02:15 PM

Re: WAP
 
bussy

ledwix 08-17-2020 04:01 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walrusizer (Post 4740432)
That "chosen behavior" is what I am referring to, just like how society "chose" to be racist in the 1800s. If you semantically don't want to consider this to be a 'power structure', fine, I guess, but the effects are the same.

Then define a power structure as any detected source of influence or force imparted throughout a group of beings through which a response is given. So things only have power over you to the extent that you let them have power over you, since you ultimately must make a decision as to how you will respond. Thus if you still let them have power over you, you are part of the problem rather than the solution.

The exception is when physical force is used, which isn't the case in the vast, vast majority of "sexist grievances" uttered today about how people feel that they are expected to act or dress a certain way. Well expectations in those regards apply to everyone. There is nobody who is seen without being predicted, guessed, or stereotyped as being about to act in a certain manner that is specific to perceived characteristics.

Quote:

Yeah, people are very largely products of their environments, and I don't mind acknowledging this fact even if it makes you feel bad. Exceptions obviously exist, but they're called exceptions for a reason. I'm not sure if you're trying to hint at genetic factors, but I'll assume not for now because responding will take effort and envioronmental factors obviously very significant regardless.

Truly a brilliant revelation! If slavery is a product of environmental factors, there ought to be no grievances about it since we are all one harmonious cycle of energies within nature!
It's interesting that you just debunked yourself, unwittingly missing the point entirely.

If everything is largely just environmental factors, then one can't even find racist people morally culpable for their actions, as they're just following the herd's traditional practices, which, being the default position, leaves them morally unscathed. "I was just following orders."

In fact, you literally can't even transition from a land that practices chattel slavery to a land devoid of chattel slavery if there are only "environmental factors." You would only have steady-state slavery for eternity. To achieve abolition, some individuals still, at some point, have to consider their own principles, independent of environmental circumstances, to transcend the herd and strive to bring forth the very collective they hoped for.

One's internal brain state is in fact part of every other observer's environment, so one might as well use it.

Quote:

Okay, then let's just tell everybody to stop being sexist and that will solve everything. Join me in the good fight, fellow feminist!
Unfortunately, you haven't nailed down any coherent "sexism," which you implied is against women. Most of what I'm seeing is people imagining things and then giving into the very system they claim they want to transcend. To hold women fully morally inculpable for their decisions despite making half the aggregate daily decisions makes modern feminism seem like true sexism that disempowers the very people in question.

choof 08-17-2020 04:28 PM

Re: WAP
 
giving way to another WAP which stands for Wack Ass Post

mi40 08-17-2020 06:17 PM

Re: WAP
 
the only succulent thing i need right now is a succulent bowl of steak bowl from chipotle (extra steak and fajitas)

mellonxcollie 08-17-2020 08:50 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ledwix (Post 4740550)
Unfortunately, you haven't nailed down any coherent "sexism," which you implied is against women. Most of what I'm seeing is people imagining things and then giving into the very system they claim they want to transcend. To hold women fully morally inculpable for their decisions despite making half the aggregate daily decisions makes modern feminism seem like true sexism that disempowers the very people in question.

lmfaoooooooo

yo man im awesome 08-17-2020 09:35 PM

Re: WAP
 
to the windowwwwwwwwww to the wall

yo man im awesome 08-17-2020 09:35 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 (Post 4740547)
bussy

thank u for this representation

Mollocephalus 08-18-2020 03:10 AM

Re: WAP
 
This video is what gamers would describe a "bruh" (as in brother) moment

knuckles2224 08-18-2020 04:09 AM

Re: WAP
 
Song is trash, video sucks. too. Watched it once to see what the fuss was about.

I'm annoyed cause i know girls gonna be at house parties playing this lame as song saying "there's some hoes in this house" -_- mood already killed

choof 08-18-2020 09:01 AM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by knuckles2224 (Post 4740605)
Song is trash, video sucks. too. Watched it once to see what the fuss was about.

I'm annoyed cause i know girls gonna be at house parties playing this lame as song saying "there's some hoes in this house" -_- mood already killed

For Real Bruh These Basic Bitches Ain't Shit
why the fuck are you going to house parties like this at 29 years old anyway

Funnygurl555 08-18-2020 10:59 AM

Re: WAP
 
there's some hoes in this house

there's some hoes in this house

aperson 08-18-2020 02:42 PM

Re: WAP
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ledwix (Post 4740550)
Then define a power structure as any detected source of influence or force imparted throughout a group of beings through which a response is given. So things only have power over you to the extent that you let them have power over you, since you ultimately must make a decision as to how you will respond. Thus if you still let them have power over you, you are part of the problem rather than the solution.

The exception is when physical force is used, which isn't the case in the vast, vast majority of "sexist grievances" uttered today about how people feel that they are expected to act or dress a certain way. Well expectations in those regards apply to everyone. There is nobody who is seen without being predicted, guessed, or stereotyped as being about to act in a certain manner that is specific to perceived characteristics.



It's interesting that you just debunked yourself, unwittingly missing the point entirely.

If everything is largely just environmental factors, then one can't even find racist people morally culpable for their actions, as they're just following the herd's traditional practices, which, being the default position, leaves them morally unscathed. "I was just following orders."

In fact, you literally can't even transition from a land that practices chattel slavery to a land devoid of chattel slavery if there are only "environmental factors." You would only have steady-state slavery for eternity. To achieve abolition, some individuals still, at some point, have to consider their own principles, independent of environmental circumstances, to transcend the herd and strive to bring forth the very collective they hoped for.

One's internal brain state is in fact part of every other observer's environment, so one might as well use it.



Unfortunately, you haven't nailed down any coherent "sexism," which you implied is against women. Most of what I'm seeing is people imagining things and then giving into the very system they claim they want to transcend. To hold women fully morally inculpable for their decisions despite making half the aggregate daily decisions makes modern feminism seem like true sexism that disempowers the very people in question.

Is this post some sort of roleplay written by john calvin and michel foucault's sentient cumshit.

choof 08-18-2020 03:50 PM

Re: WAP
 
ap check the wip thread


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution