Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145930)

ShadoWolfe 11-10-2016 03:13 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492103)
You're way too drunk

Hahaha if only you knew. I almost think I have no business being this drunk, but hey life's great atm and I'm ignoring the fact that I have to be up in .. 5 hrs. Oh yeah, I got wings. I should probsbly eat them... hell, I was hoping I'd be sober and asleep by now. Oh well. Thankfully there's such a thing as TWG rn or my phone would probably be a series of drunk texts to random.. people. Brb wings.

Gold stinger's still town 100% tho.

ShadoWolfe 11-10-2016 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4492102)
I'm not Trump, I'm not making a wall.

:D

Daayyyuuumn hahaha good joke fam

MixMasterLar 11-10-2016 03:24 AM

I'm actually underwelmed by that big Freezin post. The intro will be useful for Andy and Paz but it's nothing special to note for most of us, and the reads themselves are really lackluster. Like ok lets use this one as an example:

Quote:

3) Yoshl [CLX03]: While theres alot of stuff here he says that i dont like he has 3 things going for him 1. He has stuff I agree with as well 2. He has alot of posts and there are people clearly better to kill today than him and 3. He has put himself out there alot and caused alot of problems for himself later on if he ends up being a wolf. So he gets a town lean
Oh ok. Wait what did you disagree with him on? What did you agree? Why do the agreements clearly outweight the disagreements? He as alot of post? After me and him got into he basically rescinded in the background. Better lynches is debatable (Do not lynch inactives day1 please) but that's as close to a solid reason we get to giving him a town lean.

for all the typing you did, I really dont feel like I know more info then I would if you simply wrote a column for names and a column for leans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4492098)
Hahaha not as colossal as you made it out to be, but pretty decent post nonetheless. You outlined the reasoning behind your reads, and left a read for most players. I retract my earlier implication of the possibility that your FreezinIce reads were actually just hot air.

I wasn't a fan of the introduction, because anyone can write a post about generic "wolf tendencies", but your reads were interesting enough to make up for this.

What

I want you to sober up and read that post again. If you wherent drinking I'd swear you're posting like you did with me in Survivors.

ShadoWolfe 11-10-2016 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4492101)
You know, usually when you throw shade on someone, you're smart enough to have a reason.

This time, it doesn't feel like you really have one. You'd have actually stated a better response than "I said he's wolf, ergo he's wolf."

It's pretty unlike you really.

Yeah, roundbox! You dtupid round box oxymoron, you! Seriously.

Oh yeah sunfan I've been meaning to ask you for a very long while now, but keep missing my chance. Are you sunfan as in "sun fanatic", or do you fan the sun like a giant wind sun fan would? Do you claim credit for the sun's heat and radiation, or do you simply worship it?

ShadoWolfe 11-10-2016 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492106)
I'm actually underwelmed by that big Freezin post. The intro will be useful for Andy and Paz but it's nothing special to note for most of us, and the reads themselves are really lackluster. Like ok lets use this one as an example:

Oh ok. Wait what did you disagree with him on? What did you agree? Why do the agreements clearly outweight the disagreements? He as alot of post? After me and him got into he basically rescinded in the background. Better lynches is debatable (Do not lynch inactives day1 please) but that's as close to a solid reason we get to giving him a town lean.

for all the typing you did, I really dont feel like I know more info then I would if you simply wrote a column for names and a column for leans.

What

I want you to sober up and read that post again. If you wherent drinking I'd swear you're posting like you did with me in Survivors.

Can't promise anything on the sober part, but all I did in Survivors was try to convince people to not use the optimal town strategy in favor of fun and sport. I was a wolf in that game, so how is my post liking Freezin's reads wolfy in the slightest? That is what youre implying, right? Please elucidate, because I'm in the dark as to how you could get that impression.

Freezin totes gave more info than "a column of names and a column of reads". It was underwhelming, yes (given the hype he built), but it seemed logical and natural and his reads were both hot and good. Hot AND good. They were also Freezin as Ice though, and not full of hot air.

XelNya 11-10-2016 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4492105)
Daayyyuuumn hahaha good joke fam

Arbys

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4492107)
Yeah, roundbox! You dtupid round box oxymoron, you! Seriously.

Oh yeah sunfan I've been meaning to ask you for a very long while now, but keep missing my chance. Are you sunfan as in "sun fanatic", or do you fan the sun like a giant wind sun fan would? Do you claim credit for the sun's heat and radiation, or do you simply worship it?

think soonfan.

I'm interested in why he's dragging this out though.

ShadoWolfe 11-10-2016 04:09 AM

Wings are devoured.
My head hurts, sleep is calling.
Will read in morning.

XelNya 11-10-2016 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4492111)
Wings are devoured.
My head hurts, sleep is calling.
Will read in morning.

I hope you enjoyed your arbys.

FreezinIce 11-10-2016 04:27 AM

You suck MML, did you not retain any info from my post? I'm totally going to lynch inactives till you get me a good reason not to. Don't feel like combing Yoshls posts again, but off the top of my head:

Things I liked:

His interaction with you
His push on storm

Things I disliked:

His opening jab on AA felt forced
His later arguements with dfr made little sense to me
I disagree with him about wolf choreographed posts

And I wouldn't tinfoil on his inactivity, he still overall has alot of posts. And maybe he, you know, has a life?

FreezinIce 11-10-2016 04:30 AM

storn*

FreezinIce 11-10-2016 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4492085)

lol i like this alot but what is #82821 referencing?

Hakulyte 11-10-2016 04:43 AM

@FreezinIce
#82821 is your id on FFR. Don't mind it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4492089)
Okay. First, I never said his wolf meta was that, I said that I would expect him to act that way as wolf. He's never rolled wolf before, so one can only speculate. The fact that you're so fixated on clearing my suspicion (as the only vote on him) on Aryxi is suspicious in its own right, though. Why aren't you posting anything other than defenses of Aryxi? Why aren't you playing the game? All you're doing is trying to defend a player that already replaced out. By replacing in, you're supposed to be bringing a fresh breath of air into that slot, not constantly repeating old, stagnating defenses of a player that isn't even here. I said I reset your slot, but you're slowly tainting it again, Haku.

That's fine with me. That was mostly FoS. I'm actually in an odd situation this game.

@ Sign ups thread:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4489886)
You shouldn't, I'm actually out this game.

I have something else to do.

Aside from the "need a break" part of TWG, I'm actually going to a trip for the entire week and I have no idea when I will have time to dedicate to this game.
I'm bringing my laptop and we're supposed to have internet, but I don't know exactly know how this will influence my activity.

I know for sure that I won't be here 8 PM EST to 11 PM EST because I'm going to be on the road. So, me missing EoD and being completely useless is a pretty valid possibility.

FreezinIce 11-10-2016 04:46 AM

that sucks haku.

leave your vote on botchi, V, or pazzazz before you go.

Hakulyte 11-10-2016 04:54 AM

I'd rather vote myself than these 3 in this current state of the game.

Vendetta21 11-10-2016 04:54 AM

Totally forgot about this game because I was super absorbed in the election. Just now getting home will go through the game now

Hakulyte 11-10-2016 04:57 AM

Going to sleep. Here's a meme about the 3 inactives.

FreezinIce 11-10-2016 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4492119)
I'd rather vote myself than these 3 in this current state of the game.

do it fgt

Vendetta21 11-10-2016 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4490995)
"playing" with v

assuming he posts

here i am, playing. i don't know what the quotes are meant to insinuate you jerk

Vendetta21 11-10-2016 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491152)
ffr being slow and double posting also ruins a lot of the effect of this game

in any case, AA literally only made those 2 posts, and for some reason andy has decided that AA is worthy of a serious wolf read at this point in time.

You can say AA's post is one of the first semi-serious posts in the thread, but the unquestionable attempt at analysis in andy's first post addressing AA is pretty clear that it's not a joke post or anything, but that andy is attempting to say that "AA is scum"

furthermore, his base analysis:

a gross generalization of "wolves will question every read everyone makes", which is completely wrong

"AA would be trying to clear tokzic of suspicion" even after stating that he doesn't believe tokzic is a wolf, which completely nullifies that point

"It feels like a weird post from AA. He could have jumped in on the shit posts, but immediately picked that out." doesn't offer up any concrete reasoning other than a stretch longer than an unskippable final fantasy cutscene regarding what AA decided to address. As a player, wouldn't you gravitate towards posts that are more serious of nature, or those that showcase another player's opinion? shitposts aren't really good for analysis.

what i see as the beginning of more advanced discussion. shows discernment and intent to hunt before anyone else. strong town lean here

Vendetta21 11-10-2016 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4491251)
Yes and no. Yes because traction could have easily accrued, which is why I said the historically mark. And no because there wasn't immediate danger. However, I simply just didn't agree with your push. If I had the intention of saving him, I wouldn't have waited for you and him to finish. I would've jumped straight in and been like "HOLD UP HOLD UP HOLD UP" but I didn't. Likewise I don't think people would let me save people. I'd probably get brushed off as the resident dumbass as I feel happens a bit already. No one was a agreeing with you but I disagreed with you and I felt like I should note that I did at the time and back it up with reasoning.

I understand what you're saying here, but I feel like you're trying to establish a meta for him. Let him develop his own meta and play the way that he learns how to play. Probing a newer player, sure. Asking his or her input, sure. Putting them in an uncomfortable situation intentionally to where a lot of people regardless of alignment crumble, bad, because it happens a lot regardless of alignment.

this is a lot of articulation in self-defense and describing counterfactual narratives of his own thought process. the weird thing here is it is in defense of someone attempting to push. oddly protectionist given the barren waste of motivation and intent that had been drawling out up until this point. scum lean.

to clarifying, the "describing counterfactuals narratives of his own thought process" means "i could have done this, or i could have done this, but i did this" sort of thinking. a counterfactual is not a falsehood but another potential that didn't happen, "what if the nazis had won WWII?"

the reason counterfactual thinking about oneself is weird here is that it signals he is processing his own behavior in terms of how it could be perceived by others as a primary line of thinking. it's the first thing he responds with. he doesn't even respond with his thoughts on andy, in fact he is very andy-null in this post. sticking his neck out for someone his ostensibly has nothing to say about yet, and also detracting from the overall conversation of intent.

maybe this is a lack of experience with the tried-and-true TWG tactic of pushing shit towards new people because they haven't got a feel for their poker-face posting yet and will wear their emotions on their sleeves, but it comes off feeling a little ersatz and peculiar on first skim