Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145930)

roundbox 11-10-2016 12:52 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492074)
Oooohhh ok.

Vote stands until Roundbox decides to actually step it up. DFR is right behind him because that weak GS defending still bothers me.

Is that a threat?

FreezinIce 11-10-2016 12:53 AM

its times like this where i just want to say fuck you all and throw a random vote out and call it good.

BUT THATS NOT HOW YOU PLAY TWG GUD RIGHT?

roundbox 11-10-2016 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492073)
Oh wait theres no fool

Fool = jester so nevermind then

do you actually think I'd play fool this way?
w0w

gold stinger 11-10-2016 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4492005)
I liked shadowwolfes posts because I felt like they provided good reasoning and he wasn't really just floating around. I haven't seen his wolfe game and idek if he's had one but I'm pretty certain this isn't it.

ehh, not really satisfactory for me but I'll take it with a grain of salt.

gold stinger 11-10-2016 01:08 AM

What's the site world record for number of replacements in a single game

ShadoWolfe 11-10-2016 01:28 AM

Bacl from work. Warning: drunk af. Brb reading.

Hakulyte 11-10-2016 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4492078)
its times like this where i just want to say fuck you all and throw a random vote out and call it good.

BUT THATS NOT HOW YOU PLAY TWG GUD RIGHT?

XelNya 11-10-2016 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4492069)
I said he's playing wolfy

that should be enough, right?

Obviously not.

roundbox 11-10-2016 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4492087)
Obviously not.

it's enough for me!

ShadoWolfe 11-10-2016 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4491947)
Thar be quality non-dick posts in here hope I made you proud ShadoWolfe :ok_hand:

You did. gold stinger is town 100%, guys. I will never lynch gold stinger or vote for him for the duration of this game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Ike (Post 4491955)
Precarious has replaced psychoangel691 effective immediately

daaayyyummn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Ike (Post 4491985)
Hakulyte has replaced R.E. Aryxi effective immediately

daaaaaayuuuummmnnnn
Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492001)
omg

Uhm, that's shady af considering that he V still hasn't posted. What's V's wolf meta guys? Isn't it posting a lot of shit? Yeah it is, from what I've read. Fuck you V, get in here or you'll get dickwhipped by a certain lovable bird we all know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by juckter1 (Post 4492009)
I'm sorry. I got unexpectedly busy these last couple of days and I'll have to ask for a replacement

Enviado desde mi LG-D373 mediante Tapatalk

DAAAAAAAYUUUUMNNN.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4492011)
hakulyte

lolwhut

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4492013)
My thoughts on the setup:

One big 4 person wolf faction OR competing 2 member wolf factions
2 third parties, one of which probably a lyncher type role but locked onto character name rather than player name. Probably a mechanic in place allowing them to kill the other a little faster than just hoping they're lynched. Not sure about other possibilities.
We probably have a town sided investigator and killing power.
Probably some masons out there too.

Just my speculation and this should mean hardly anything until we know more about the setup.

Cool story, bruh. I think there's 20 dicks currently in play. OOh, give me a cookie. Who're your wolfreads other than Xel?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492015)
great

now tell us more about why you dislike xel

^this

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4492016)
Racking 'em up baby

^this

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4492017)
He's wolfy

lol nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492018)
You are super fixated on him, huh?

So what do you see that leads you to believe he's scum?

Also

Take on DFR? Shado? The inactives? How does Gold Stinger feel to you?

Random names, or are you going somewhere with this?
hmm. ehh, you're MML.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492021)
I really hate dragging things out of people

why is he wolfy? is it the shitposting? something else that I'm not seeing? because while I think he's shitposted a bit much for my tastes, I don't have a solid lean on him

^this

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492022)
also roundbox it's unusual for you to be like this

Not really. He likes being a tease.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4492024)
This was a legitimate question, I can't say I understand why you think I'm in fixation land. You want me to answer on those particular players?

DFR had a very awkward defense of andy, but everything else has been rather fine. I think I had a good grasp of him
I'd have to take a deeper look at Sharp.
Always disappointed in inactives of course, but would prefer a lynch outside of that pool for D0 at least. Tomorrow is a different story.

Sharp here. Look deep. Reeeal deep. Like what you see? Nice.
Also what's your grasp of DFR tell you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4492037)
I just wanted to say that this is an identical scenario to Turbo VII D0 mislynch on him.

I have no clue where he was going to go with this.
To his defense, I'd say that what matters is that he tried to go somewhere.
I'm discarding his reads and I'm going to come up with my own.

By he, you're talking about Aryxi, right? He didn't really go anywhere (except for out of this game), so your defense is garbage. Still, you're replacing him so I'll semi-reset your slot. Hi, Haku. Write another journal entry about eating me, or something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4492048)
I'm as clear as the others want me to be. I thought that was an interesting way to approach my own slot tbh.

Remember when I asked him last game "if he finally didn't roll town?"
It's because R.E. Aryxi never rolled wolf and he still doesn't have a "wolf meta".
You should know that.
Yet, you brought up it's something you'd expect from a "wolf R.E. Aryxi".
This very exact same hesitance/indecisiveness got him mislynched D0 last game.
He literally left the thread without a defense.

He did leave without a defense, huh? He wasn't hesitant/indecisive last game, he just wasn't very present. When pushed, he got frustrated that people were scumreading him and disappeared. This isn't the same scenario because last game already happened, giving his ragequitting the possibility of being a calculated wofly ragequit. That's wifom, though, which is why I'm resetting your slot. Here, Unvote. Now go, be Haku. Tell me what you really are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Ike (Post 4492050)
wineandbread has replaced juckter1, effective immediately

Daaaaaayuuuuuuuummmmnnnnnnnnn!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4492051)
Who is Sharp?

Me, duuuhhhhhhh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4492052)
So, Vendetta, Pazzaz and botchi are still low activity. How deep does the replacement list run?

-o24

Lol the list is nonexistant. Sunfan is working magic behind the scenes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4492068)
It's really as dumb as "Hey ShadoWolfe, why did you say R.E. Aryxi's wolf meta was that when it's clearly not the case based on the game you just played with him previously?"

Okay. First, I never said his wolf meta was that, I said that I would expect him to act that way as wolf. He's never rolled wolf before, so one can only speculate. The fact that you're so fixated on clearing my suspicion (as the only vote on him) on Aryxi is suspicious in its own right, though. Why aren't you posting anything other than defenses of Aryxi? Why aren't you playing the game? All you're doing is trying to defend a player that already replaced out. By replacing in, you're supposed to be bringing a fresh breath of air into that slot, not constantly repeating old, stagnating defenses of a player that isn't even here. I said I reset your slot, but you're slowly tainting it again, Haku.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4492076)
In the process of making an impossibly colossal post. Its so big that im losing the will to finish it as we speak. Problem is I cant post it unfinished. AND PEOPLE KEEP GETTING FUCKING REPLACED IN WHILE IM TYPING IT SO I HAVE TO EDIT IT

I hope this "impossibly colossal" post will materialize soon. My drunkenness is slowly fading, and I tend to get more tired as I sober up. Still, it had better materialize before EoD, or we'll all think you're just full of hot air, FreezinIce ;)

FreezinIce 11-10-2016 02:17 AM

To quote Mordecai, The Duelist:

Let's do this right...

=============

TWG CLX, Day 0: A Huge Post

=============

Section 0: Introduction
For every end...a beginning
> [CLX00]

Hello and welcome. In this post, I will try to explain in exhaustive detail my thoughts and opinions on every single player in the game. But before we start, it would behoove me to explain how I perceive the situation of the wolf so that, whether you agree with my logic or disagree, you can see how I arrived at my conclusions and form your own opinions based off them.

The wolf as we know them have 2 concrete aims, one subordinate to the other. To eliminate troublesome humans and power roles is the subordinate goal, which is almost always in service to their primary goal: to live as long as possible, by any means necessary. To this end, there are certain behavioral patterns that I believe can be looked for and exploited, especially this early in the day when you have little to go on, to vastly improve your chances of killing a wolf with the first lynch.

Wolf Tendencies:

For the Most Part, Avoid the Spotlight: There is an exception to every rule. But for the vast majority of cases, I believe it's safe to hedge a d0 lynch on the bottom 60 to 50 percentile of users in regards to postcount. Extremely active wolves exist, however, the tone they set is a precedent that must be maintained throughout the game. Since their very nature is a contradiction and they must lie constantly, eventually for all but the most pathological liars, the facade will slip. I personally favor killing inactives early over high content posters, who can be revisited later on when it will be simple to comb their many posts and find contradictions.

An Aversion to Conflict: This point is only valid early on when butting heads can be somewhat avoided, wolves tend to avoid open conflict with other players, which can escalate into an unpredictable situation. Now, conflict is not a reason to clear someone by itself, but conflict leads to postcount and reads, something that can clear someone if they have nothing to hide...or expose them if they do.

Keep Your Opinions to Yourself: A natural extension of the first tendency, avoiding putting your opinion out where it can be examined and revisited is essential as a wolf. Because these reads are often forced or faked, they can be harmful more often than not so walking the line between seeming to contribute and not contributing is a dance wolves must make carefully.

Finding A Reason To Kill: Analyzing the reasoning behind a kill vote/End of Day vote is important. Because wolves must kill innocents every night (with the exception of bussing), the kill/EoD vote is, in my opinion, vastly more important than the votes made during the day (pressure votes, safety votes, OMGUS, ect) for various reasons. A kill vote gives additional information, especially in a game with cardflips. The voter can be held to accounts for their actions, their posts can be cross-referenced and their train of thought leading to the kill vote scrutinized. Any great leaps of logic will make themselves known in a way that cannot be readily found in regular dayvotes, which carry little consequences. This goes hand in hand with the next tendency:

Playing Dumb Is Hard: As a wolf, your access to information not known to the town is both a blessing and a curse. It can let you coordinate your actions with your allies, and plan elaborate strategies. But more often than not, knowing too much can be a detriment. Someone with more information than the average person will arrive at conclusions and make decisions that seem baffling or illogical to the average person. This can lead to unwanted attention, isolation, and lynching. Pretending not to know more than you do is a constant drain on your mental resources, and one slip could undo everything. Anything that departs from normal behavior should be scrutinized, and their motives and logic should be extensively researched before they are cleared.

============

Those are my thoughts on how I perceive wolf behavior, and what I think of when I go about trying to scumhunt. Obviously, these aren't set in stone and many things like the day number, player count, average player activity, and other factors will skew these patterns in different directions, but its a place to start when it comes to understanding a wolf's ultimate goal, and therefore their behavior and strategy that leads to that goal.

===

As an aside, I realize that due to the mystery nature of this game, there is a real possibility we are dealing with third parties, be they masons, serial killers, or even other wolf factions. But until they are revealed I feel it is unnecessary to speculate on their existence or commentate on their effects on people's behavior. So for those wondering about the absence of these 3rd parties from my analysis, you have your explanation.

===

After this, I had a detailed reads list on every player. Problem is, due to replacements I had to keep editing shit, and eventually about 5 players in I ran out of care. So now you get the quick and dirty version designed so that i can finally get this out before I explode. Not going to include replacements cause fuck.

1) AragakiAyase [CLX01]: Town Read. Posts clear, concise thoughts and reads with easy to follow logic.
2) storn42 [CLX02]: slight Wolf Lean. His posts are surprisingly on the low side, and his 2 attacks are a vote on AA for aggression, after stating that his top scum was dfr (after attacking dfr was vogue i might add)
3) Yoshl [CLX03]: While theres alot of stuff here he says that i dont like he has 3 things going for him 1. He has stuff I agree with as well 2. He has alot of posts and there are people clearly better to kill today than him and 3. He has put himself out there alot and caused alot of problems for himself later on if he ends up being a wolf. So he gets a town lean for today.
4) wineandbread [CLX04] (REPLACEMENT)
5) roundbox [CLX05]: My guess is playing towards some kind of alternate win condition, or just fucking with everyone. Not someone to kill d0
6) MixMasterLar [CLX06]: Doing what passes for normal for him. Attacking whoever and whatever he wants and reading everything at face value for better or worse. Active so gets a null for now.
7) XelNya [CLX07]: Shitposts for a really long time, then drops the act and posts some angry stuff at zenith. Also roundbox is riding his nuts. ok? Null cause i dont want to think about this till tomorrow.
8) Precarious [CLX08]: (REPLACEMENT)
9) Vendetta21 [CLX09] (Literally Nothing)
10) Hakulyte [CLX10] (REPLACEMENT)
11) FreezinIce
12) ShadoWolfe [CLX11] Reasonable and protown playstyle with plenty of reads and questions. Town read, but im interested in who he will end up voting for at EoD and why since he hasnt really gone after anyone.
13) Pazzaz [CLX12] (Literally Nothing)
14) Charu [CLX13]: Pretty much acting like a spectator to the game rather than a player, every now and then he'll drop a breadcrumb of a read or thought, then goes back to observation mode. That can probably carry him through d0 but how much longer?
15) Andy-o24 [CLX14]: New player, playing fast and loose with plenty of reads. Town Lean for now
16) gold stinger [CLX15]: Tiny wolf lean, trending to null. This is mostly because his style is all over the place and dont want to decipher his dick shit stuff atm.
17) botchi246 [CLX16] (Literally Nothing)
18) danceflashrevo [CLX17] Posted a bit, got jumped on for tone, then had to beat his detractors away with a stick. His interactions feel good but he will get a reread come d1 depending on who gets lynched and how they flip. Almost everyone alive has an opinion on him which is a good thing in my estimation. Null to slight town read
19) _Zenith_ [CLX18] Bad stuff here. He's like a worse version of me because AT LEAST I ENDED UP POSTING SOMETHING HEE HEE. Low post count, no interest in the game, and seems to have some sort of wierd fetish for xelnya. Well excepting the last bit those were all things i could be accused of so im not holding this against him TODAY, but in the future if he continues being a liability I will not hesitate to vote him. BLACK HOLE READ
20) Tokzic [CLX19] Entrance to last few posts are very ok. In his last few posts he drops some reads after a bit of pressure, which ends with a puzzling storn vote with no explanation then he pce outs. Wolf Lean which will be upgraded to null if his vote changes or he explains his vote past gut read. Because gutread votes dont really cut it anymore in my book, at least if you want to not smell bad to me.

THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION: WHO DO I WANT TO KILL TODAY?

ANSWER? PROBABLY SOME INACTIVE.

Heres the TL;DR for everyone who doesnt want to go thru the wall of text

TL;DR

=============

Read my post ya maroon

FreezinIce 11-10-2016 02:17 AM

A WEIGHT HAS BEEN LIFTED AND I CAN BREATHE AGAIN

FreezinIce 11-10-2016 02:19 AM

Sorry, this post deserved to be better but i just couldnt anymore

roundbox 11-10-2016 02:21 AM

nice post imo

ShadoWolfe 11-10-2016 02:30 AM

Hahaha not as colossal as you made it out to be, but pretty decent post nonetheless. You outlined the reasoning behind your reads, and left a read for most players. I retract my earlier implication of the possibility that your FreezinIce reads were actually just hot air.

I wasn't a fan of the introduction, because anyone can write a post about generic "wolf tendencies", but your reads were interesting enough to make up for this.

Just to be clear, your wolfreads were Storn and Tokzic (with a maaaybe on gold stinger), right? What did you mean by "black hole read" for Zenith?

FreezinIce 11-10-2016 02:53 AM

it was originally going to be huge. But things always are bigger when we start than they end up being. the intro was going to be needed in case people couldnt follow my logic on my reads on people, but without the analysis that goes along with the intro, it really ended up being not needed. I left it because i worked hard on it =*(

the black hole read meant his posts indicated he wasnt even a part of the game, he just vented grievances. And yeah, its pretty much storn/tokzic/slight lean on gold stinger.

FreezinIce 11-10-2016 02:53 AM

it was originally going to be huge. But things always are bigger when we start than they end up being. the intro was going to be needed in case people couldnt follow my logic on my reads on people, but without the analysis that goes along with the intro, it really ended up being not needed. I left it because i worked hard on it =*(

the black hole read meant his posts indicated he wasnt even a part of the game, he just vented grievances. And yeah, its pretty much storn/tokzic/slight lean on gold stinger.

XelNya 11-10-2016 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4492088)
it's enough for me!

You know, usually when you throw shade on someone, you're smart enough to have a reason.

This time, it doesn't feel like you really have one. You'd have actually stated a better response than "I said he's wolf, ergo he's wolf."

It's pretty unlike you really.

XelNya 11-10-2016 02:56 AM

I'm not Trump, I'm not making a wall.

:D

MixMasterLar 11-10-2016 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4492077)
Is that a threat?

Threat is way too strong a word
Why? Does it bother you that you have a vote? Try not playing badly and maybe you won't have that problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4492089)
You did. gold stinger is town 100%, guys. I will never lynch gold stinger or vote for him for the duration of this game

You're way too drunk

Gotta read the Freein post but life is happening so brb with thoughts later