Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Diablo 3 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=95184)

BigBoss37 06-28-2008 12:52 PM

Diablo 3

Anyone eles stoked that blizzard annouced this game today? xD

l2awr 06-28-2008 12:55 PM

Re: Diablo 3

Of course. D3 and SC2. 2 new heroins coming out withing the next 2 years. Hell ya.

vvav 06-28-2008 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l2awr (Post 2268495)
2 new heroins

Anyway...

I'll have to see what it's like. There was a huge difference between Diablo 1 and 2, and it's been a long time since D2 came out, so I'm pretty curious as to how it's gonna turn out, and if they'll keep the same isometric view, essentially 2d gameplay, and extreme clicking from the originals.

MyRoseTearsBlood 06-28-2008 01:19 PM

D3 is gonna be amazing. Since it has a new physics engine.

l2awr 06-28-2008 01:20 PM

Hopefully it is not like WoW. I hope it keeps its Diablo style with more stuff/maps etc.

BigBoss37 06-28-2008 01:23 PM

Yeah I just watching the gameplay trailer, the graphics look amazing for a diablo game, and they're keeping it mostly diablo style and everything...looks soooo ****ing good.
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/index.xml

-Fallen- 06-28-2008 02:31 PM

I watched the trailers for Diablo III and it looks like complete ****. they should have kept the old gameplay.

vvav 06-28-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Fallen- (Post 2269292)
I watched the trailers for Diablo III and it looks like complete ****. they should have kept the old gameplay.

Uh, what was so radically changed? I'm watching the gameplay video right now, and the only thing that really stands out is the change from virtually requiring life-steal items to now just having monsters drop life on death for nearly the same effect since virtually every physical character in D2 had (and needed) life-steal, a really nice change in my opinion.
Though, I think the gameplay of D2 isn't that important to begin with. The feeling of killing 100 monsters in 30 seconds with 7 other people in a massive orgy of blood, fire, arrows, axes, etc. and the incredible item system were a lot more important than the actual gameplay, which was essentially click-click-click and has been retained pretty much intact from what I've seen so far. Just imagine if you combined the better parts of Ninja Gaiden and Diablo. I'd personally LIKE to see a change like that.

roundbox 06-28-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Fallen- (Post 2269292)

They did keep the isometric view, what's there to complain about? Enhanced visuals and a brand new engine?

jellygod 06-28-2008 05:52 PM

wow i am stoked, i just heard the news, diablo 2 took over about 4 years of my life and then i came to this site haha cause i was bored of it, might not be back here for a whlie when D3 comes out.

Xiaounlimited 06-28-2008 08:42 PM

I came, I saw, I came again, then I ate it all up.

Can't wait. Looks great, the environments are so much more lush and believable, establishing unique atmospheres while staying within the realm of Diablo design.

Wineandbread 06-28-2008 10:33 PM

Can't wait for this (AND Sc2. Can't replace that one). D3 looks pretty amazing; I think incorporating the environment is pretty cool.

Blizzard wins at making games. x)

Telvanni_guard 06-30-2008 09:54 AM

Two things of note in the gameplay trailer:

The Male Barbarian gets freaking eaten.
The Female Witch Doctor's going to have a hell of a headache.

Blizzard's got their bases covered on money. With Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, and Wrath of the Lich King coming out over the next few years, they're going to be a very happy and prosperous developement company.

dood gone krazee 06-30-2008 11:14 AM

I did notice the Male Barbarian getting eaten, I wonder if they are other "special" ways to die in Diablo 3, such as maybe falling off a cliff...

What happened to the Female Witch Doctor?

Gibson63 06-30-2008 12:19 PM

i already posted a thread about this but anyway XD... are we gonna pay per month like wow XD... thats the question..

MooMoo_Cowfreak 06-30-2008 12:20 PM

I can't imagine Blizzard making us pay for Diablo. WoW makes sense, since it's a MMORPG, but not Diablo.

And yes, I want it.

Xiaounlimited 06-30-2008 12:29 PM

Diablo and D2 were both B2P, but never P2P. I'm assuming (and hoping) D3 is the same; they're using Battle.net as the online platform once more with some "enhancements to make connecting with your friends easier". I hope that's not a hollow statement, because that was pretty awful in D2, though it was free.

sonic-fast-fingers 07-1-2008 12:32 AM

i was about to post something about D3, but I decided to not be a noob and search prior to posting...neways i splooged in my pants mid watching the trailer and i cant wait....so frekin excited!!!!@!!!!

OMGLKALKJASDL:KJASDL:KJASD

Telvanni_guard 07-2-2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dood gone krazee (Post 2283045)
What happened to the Female Witch Doctor?

She gets picked up and slammed into the pavement. (Dead) Then the thing pretty much kicks her ragdoll around the rest of the fight.

Wineandbread 07-2-2008 11:06 AM

I really hope they don't make us pay to play for D3... but I mean who can stop them? You set it at like $15/month, and people are still going to buy it. >.>

They need to release moree classes.. I doubt I'm going to play either the Barb or the WD.