Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   League of Legends [v2] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=132864)

Litodude 05-31-2014 09:26 PM

Re: League of Legends [v2]

look the kids are fighting

hi19hi19 05-31-2014 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargroup100 (Post 4143716)
First of all, you didn't actually present data to demonstrate your claims. I didn't necessarily not believe you, but until I'm sufficiently convinced, I choose not to assume it.

http://sufficientblogging.blogspot.c...le-on-lol.html
http://sufficientblogging.blogspot.c...ge-part-2.html
Quote:

But the camera angle remains. So on this map we actually remove a lot of the other factors which may make the blue side stronger. With this in mind, I quickly found ~3500 games played on this new game mode during the last 4 hours or so. I got the following:

Blue side won: 1946 games
Blue side lost: 1505 games

So overall, blue side wins 56.4% on One For All Mirror Mode
This was the topic that started the whole discussion (it's from the massively popular frontpage Reddit post that prompted Razor to make his remark)
I thought since you were discussing this, you had actually bothered to educate yourself beforehand, but clearly I was wrong.
I'll remember to spoonfeed you everything in the future.

stargroup100 05-31-2014 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4143790)
I thought since you were discussing this, you had actually bothered to educate yourself beforehand, but clearly I was wrong.
I'll remember to spoonfeed you everything in the future.

Really? You're gonna blame me for not finding this data myself? I did a quick google search to see if I could find anything but nothing met my expectations, I didn't find statistics that answered my questions. I'm sorry for not being able to find everything myself all the time.

Now that I have more data, I'm more convinced, as the posts you linked offered very specific statistics that do seem to cover what I was looking for. I have changed my mind based on the sufficient evidence I'm given, like I said I would.

Next time we have a discussion I'll be sure to assume you've read every study/analysis/statistic related to the issue at hand.

hi19hi19 05-31-2014 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargroup100 (Post 4143820)
Next time we have a discussion I'll be sure to assume you've read every study/analysis/statistic related to the issue at hand.

Next time we are discussing the findings of an article, yes you can assume I've read it. No problem.

In other news, I've finally had a chance to watch today's matches.
LMQ vs Dignitas was such a fucking good game. Crumbzz is a god...
XWX didn't look like himself in this game.

But dat Aphro on the moo was beyond godlike.
Both those games were so fun to watch.

icontrolyourworld 06-1-2014 12:43 AM

if you ever have lux in ofa have 1 person on your team go full tank, the shields make you invincible xD

hi19hi19 06-1-2014 12:45 AM

I thought the troll OFA Lux strat was to build Hurricane so you can pop everyone's passive super fast :P

icontrolyourworld 06-1-2014 12:54 AM

that might have been a good last item in my build xD

stargroup100 06-1-2014 03:21 AM

I have like 90%+ win ratio in that mode playing with mina, and our mmrs in that mode are near the top, playing with the same people almost every game. we've been discussing strategies and stuff almost every game, so here are some super secret tryhard tips for anyone that wants them

generally speaking, you almost always want at least one tank on your team, even if the champion doesn't have cc. to have someone be able to absorb damage means you can apply pushing pressure, and this leads to taking out towers. the rare exceptions to this rule are certain champions like rumble, maybe fizz, etc

aura items are especially gold efficient and valuable. make sure your team communicates and buys them as soon as possible after very fundamental core items. avoid having everyone build the same items. even if champions have slightly different items/utility, that's way better than having two champions do exactly the same thing

for a lot of champions, exerting pressure in the very beginning of the game is essential, most notably ranged champions. if you don't push up hard, you'll be pushed into your tower, and you won't be able to regain control of the lane, and they'll slowly whittle your towers down

don't forget that players will build differently. just because 2 enemy champions are both draven doesn't mean that each one has the same priority to focus down. check item builds constantly with tab to see which players are the ones that pose the most threat and be aware of their role

for certain champions, planning out particular strategies can make or break a game:
Lucian - lucian has an extremely strong AP ratio on his W which makes it great for harassing, as well as an ult ratio. setting one (or even two) lucians on your team to ap gives you immense poke strength, utility that AD champions can't buy (ie frost queen), and adds variation to damage
Shaco - it's a very good idea to have 2+ people starting with targon's, giving gold to the team while quickly dispatching boxes. preferably, these should be the non-ap players, since the ap players probably want chalice for lane dominance and harass. in addition, you should have one tank and a mix of ap and ad. this particular team comp works best when the game is inevitably pushed to mid/late
Vayne - think about skill mechanics as well. if you're playing vayne, have everyone focus a single enemy target, as the silver bolts will stack from every player, nuking champions very quickly.
Singed - poison acts as a debuff, so it doesn't stack. if you run through the poison of 5 enemy singed players, you'll only take the highest damage one. this means that while early on offensive/sustain items are necessary for lane dominance, transitioning into mid/late game, you need to start building very tanky with auto-attack modifying items like lich bane or muramana. once the players on your team reach a certain threshold, you can start backdooring towers without little regard to the enemy team. they will literally be unable to kill you while you rip the structures down

and this is the kind of thinking you need when planning out the game. because of the nature of this mode, strategy makes a HUGE difference to your team's performance, far more so than on summoner's rift at the moment because people don't know how to play yet. proper planning can win you the game even if your team is not as mechanically strong

as for champ picks, generally speaking ranged champions are not as fun as melee champions. melee forces engagements, while ranged poke is VERY prone to snowball out of control

Litodude 06-1-2014 03:26 AM

wat rank r u

L.B.D.D 06-1-2014 03:38 AM

arguing About special Modes like Special people

Litodude 06-1-2014 03:52 AM

lol jeebus christ wat a fuccen try noob hard

Razor 06-1-2014 04:53 AM

lost plat 1 promos for the 90th time in a row

never be diamond

rip

L.B.D.D 06-1-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor (Post 4143881)
lost plat 1 promos for the 90th time in a row

never be diamond

rip

everything below challenger is trash

(aka we"re all glarbage)

L.B.D.D 06-1-2014 07:55 AM

also TO all long posts above i can refute with 2 words

get good

Litodude 06-1-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.B.D.D (Post 4143896)
also TO all long posts above i can refute with 2 words

get good

expanding on this post to include

ur trash kid get good

Coolboyrulez0 06-1-2014 03:12 PM

lmq vs c9 was really hype

also i'd like to add ur trash u'll never be as good as me

L.B.D.D 06-1-2014 07:57 PM

thats the sSpirit

Razor 06-2-2014 01:57 AM

friendly abam 5v5, but damn this build is so much fun to play though.

1700 damage nuke on your R that applies muramana and SotEL burn on a 25 second cd

peacemaker > net (applies mm and sotel) does half of a squishy's HP

then use dat youmuu's to go ham and auto people

hi19hi19 06-2-2014 02:54 PM

A similar build is really fun on Ashe.
That W poke every 2.4 seconds with an arrow every 48, very fun.
Especially on Howling Abyss where you basically can't miss an arrow.

Also Ashe stacks tear like a boss because any Q auto counts. The Genja is real.

L.B.D.D 06-2-2014 03:28 PM

skill shot