Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The 12 Hour Challenge (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152272)

James May 08-29-2020 03:57 PM

The 12 Hour Challenge

So, I just kinda recently found out that the 11th edition of the 12 hour challenge is happening in a few weeks :v So, I figured, since I was procrastinating a lot in debating on learning what game to speedrun first (that's not Mario Kart 8 oops), I figured that I may as well pick out something for it.

So, ya boy here is partaking it for the first time and learning it in 12 hours :V The game?

Alien vs. Predator. Specifically, the Arcade one that came out back in May '94 (The theme is games that are released in your birth month, mine is May so this fit perfectly)! So, if anything, if anyone wants to enjoy seeing me suffer in learning how to speedrun an Arcade beat 'em up game, I'll post my channel here before the event kicks off :>

If anyone is curious in what the challenge entails, here's the site itself: https://go1den.com/12-hour-challenge/ :> Ya also don't have to choose a game that's released in your birth month but it adds the fun and Challenge to be honest~

mi40 08-29-2020 04:06 PM

Re: The 12 Hour Challenge

how about ninja gaiden

James May 08-29-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 4741579)
how about ninja gaiden

Maybe next time :> I have that on the NES library on my Switch so I can work on that once I get a capture card

SubaruPoptart 08-29-2020 05:15 PM

tbh I've always wanted to learn how to speedrun Animal Crossing but the run depending on what category I do would take a lot longer than 12 hours :(

For the future I'm assuming speedrunning it for this challenge would require the actual hardware right? So that'd also kinda set me back a bit.

Also where would I watch you run the stuff? :P

James May 08-29-2020 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4741584)
tbh I've always wanted to learn how to speedrun Animal Crossing but the run depending on what category I do would take a lot longer than 12 hours :(

For the future I'm assuming speedrunning it for this challenge would require the actual hardware right? So that'd also kinda set me back a bit.

Also where would I watch you run the stuff? :P

It doesn't say that you need the actual hardware to run the game. Trust me, if it did, I'd have to hunt around for a AVP Arcade cabinet xd

Also, you can find me on https://www.twitch.tv/james_may0 :> I'll be streaming it all throughout the weekend of the 11th to the 13th of September :>

flashflash account 08-30-2020 04:21 PM

yes I'll definitely do this

but I have so many games to choose from...
Majora's Mask
Brain Age (on my birthday!)
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Mario Kart Wii
Portal 2
Metroid Fusion (WiiU Virtual Console)
Dark Souls 2: SOTFS
DuckTales Remastered
Shovel Knight
Enter the Gungeon
Dark Souls 3

help slimming down the list appreciated

James May 08-31-2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4741676)

Majora's Mask
Crash Bandicoot
Lego Star Wars
Mother 3
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness
Mario Kart Wii
Assassin's Creed
Rio
Portal 2
LEGO: The Hobbit
Dark Souls 2
DuckTales Remastered
Shovel Knight
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Enter the Gungeon
Dark Souls 3
Yooka-Laylee
Owlboy

If you have a capture card, then I def recommend Metroid Fusion o: But if not, I definitely say DuckTales Remastered if you have it on Steam o:

Also, I can update OP or make a new post to put any peeps who are going to participate, what game they're gonna try, and the days they're gonna stream their 12 hour challenge

SubaruPoptart 08-31-2020 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4741676)

Majora's Mask
Crash Bandicoot
Lego Star Wars
Mother 3
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness
Mario Kart Wii
Assassin's Creed
Rio
Portal 2
LEGO: The Hobbit
Dark Souls 2
DuckTales Remastered
Shovel Knight
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Enter the Gungeon
Dark Souls 3
Yooka-Laylee
Owlboy

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. :)

James May 08-31-2020 12:47 PM

Also, I should mention that it's not mandatory to stream the 12 hour challenge but at least a recorded run of your first attempt should be made uwu

flashflash account 08-31-2020 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4741725)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. :)

6 hour speedrun :sweat:
maybe another day

I guess I should go through and get rid of all the speedruns that can't be learned and run in 12 hours

James May 09-2-2020 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4741741)
6 hour speedrun :sweat:
maybe another day

I guess I should go through and get rid of all the speedruns that can't be learned and run in 12 hours

pfff, I will say hold off on the longer stuff unless you really want to delve into it hard xD

AlexDest 09-8-2020 09:11 PM

i've only done a couple of these. learned crash team racing successfully and tried tony hawk pro skater 4 which was too hard lmao

James May 09-8-2020 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexDest (Post 4742406)
i've only done a couple of these. learned crash team racing successfully and tried tony hawk pro skater 4 which was too hard lmao

Oof, idk what else I can do to learn once I learn AVP Arcade xd Gonna see how this goes and then I might feel more adventurous xd

flashflash account 09-8-2020 11:29 PM

I have it narrowed down to diamond/pearl, shovel knight, majora's mask, or dark souls 3. Any suggestions?

James May 09-10-2020 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4742417)
I have it narrowed down to diamond/pearl, shovel knight, majora's mask, or dark souls 3. Any suggestions?

Hmm, I say if you want to learn a glitchless category, D/P. Shovel Knight is fun for the classic platformer stuff. MM...all the glitches. I have no opinion on DS3 xd But I say either D/P or Shovel Knight :P

Also, 12 Hour challenge tomorrow :sweat:

flashflash account 09-10-2020 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James May (Post 4742516)
Hmm, I say if you want to learn a glitchless category, D/P. Shovel Knight is fun for the classic platformer stuff. MM...all the glitches. I have no opinion on DS3 xd But I say either D/P or Shovel Knight :P

Also, 12 Hour challenge tomorrow :sweat:

oh I would 100% be doing the glitched D/P run lol so much easier

I think I've decided on Majora's Mask, the discord community seems pretty helpful so I'll have plenty of resources during the 12 hours

if it proves too difficult I'll switch over to shovel knight :p

James May 09-10-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4742518)
oh I would 100% be doing the glitched D/P run lol so much easier

I think I've decided on Majora's Mask, the discord community seems pretty helpful so I'll have plenty of resources during the 12 hours

if it proves too difficult I'll switch over to shovel knight :p

oh yeh, I know that if you lurk around in popesquidward's, enopp's or majinphil's channels when they run MM, you def can get lots of help on there