Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 194 - Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151853)

flashflash account 04-29-2020 09:13 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4728134)
Tell me why I would vote DBP, who had sound reasoning and valid suspicions that some of you AGREED WITH ti lynch Xiz over someone like FFA who somehow hit fucking jackpot on being right dispite it makingno sense and ia now being all holier-then-thou about it.

I thought xiz was a wolf too, I'll own up to that

funnygurl was right, and some of the wolfiest wolfbros of all time were pushing xiz when we had a mechanical path to avoid a mislynch

vote dbp

MixMasterLar 04-29-2020 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728141)
I thought xiz was a wolf too, I'll own up to that

funnygurl was right, and some of the wolfiest wolfbros of all time were pushing xiz when we had a mechanical path to avoid a mislynch

vote dbp

You didnt owe up to it doing the phase so saying that means jack shit

I am never voting DBP, especially if the case is "Xiz threw the game and FFA used his crystal ball to somehow magically know lynching was a bad idea"

I vote FFA over DBP here, if it comes to it

Back to Apex

flashflash account 04-29-2020 09:45 PM

Just personal preference maybe, but non-themed, known setup games with very few PRs are not only a snooze-fest, but they take a lot of skill out of the equation too. Mafia skill isnt just about blind reads. That plays an obvious part, but part of the skill in being scum in more advanced setups is making your own believable fake claim, or deciding what to do with the limited (or no) info on what the town PRs are. Part of the fun and skill of town in advanced setups is figuring out the setup too. Removing those things actually limits skill in my view, and it's a main reason why this type of setup is usually only found in newbie games on most dedicated mafia sites. Yes, there is RNG in what role you get in role madness games, but that's also part of playing mafia. It takes skill to win with a subpar/$#@!ty role and skill to not lose the game with a good one. Even bad situations can be salvaged by good players, and that's the only real way to separate people imo. Putting a bunch of VTs against a couple goons in a known setup is as basic as it gets and limits the plays people can make. I personally dont like it much.

Hakulyte 04-29-2020 09:52 PM

I'm tempted to afk this phase.

1. Everyone town read me.
2. doesn't look like mass claim is a thing.
3. I'm curious what DBP does, but it's not too important.
4. FFA called a red check.
5. If DBP town, FFA is dead next phase.
6. My opinion is trash.

flashflash account 04-29-2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4728144)
I'm tempted to afk this phase.

1. Everyone town read me.
2. doesn't look like mass claim is a thing.
3. I'm curious what DBP does, but it's not too important.
4. FFA called a red check.
5. If DBP town, FFA is dead next phase.
6. My opinion is trash.

hopefully dbp lolcats so I don't have to hardclaim

Funnygurl555 04-29-2020 10:09 PM

flashflash account 04-29-2020 10:16 PM

I think that's the highest fps gif I've ever seen

MixMasterLar 04-29-2020 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728145)
hopefully dbp lolcats so I don't have to hardclaim

If you have a recheck on someone fucking hardclaim?

If you don't stop wasting time on a DBP lynch

leetic 04-29-2020 10:25 PM

So right now we have nine people alive, there doesn't seem to be an SK, so we only have two safe lynches. I'm suspicious about this supposed red check on DBP - if it's fake, then that would be another mislynch that is easy to push through and leaves town in a bad place on MyLo. I think DBP is town because he was voted a lot at the beginning of the phase. Scum is in such a good position right now that they don't need to bus, and unless all of DBP's voters were town it is doubtful that DBP is scum. I'm going to vote Mikey because besides this redcheck nonsense I feel he was very opportunistic regarding Xiz, saying that he was likely a wolf but not taking a hard stance towards lynching him until it became opportunistic for him to do so.

leetic 04-29-2020 10:29 PM

So Mikey, Haku, Dusk, and Bolth. Two of jessiebessie, ShadoWolfe, and MixMasterLar would have to be scum if DBP is scum. If Mikey's checks are true, that would leave DBP, Shadow, and jessie as the most likely scum team. The question is are these three compatible as partners?

MixMasterLar 04-29-2020 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4728150)
So Mikey, Haku, Dusk, and Bolth. Two of jessiebessie, ShadoWolfe, and MixMasterLar would have to be scum if DBP is scum. If Mikey's checks are true, that would leave DBP, Shadow, and jessie as the most likely scum team. The question is are these three compatible as partners?

Shadow and Jessie have a very low amount of interactions so they pair up with almost anyone.

Actually Jessie is who I need to see more of, she needs to start taking hard stances on issues and make effort.

MixMasterLar 04-29-2020 10:36 PM

I'm starting to question my unfunded gut read of Haku

I don't know how to particularly solve him.

leetic 04-29-2020 10:45 PM

Right now I'm digging up things from jessiebessie's end to see if she is a potential member of the scumteam.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiebessie (Post 4726516)
I’m interested to hear what Xiz has to say to defend themselves. I agree that we will learn a lot about DBP if we pay attention to how Xiz v DBP plays out.

This was during D1, well before any of the drama regarding Xiz being a vig. This is more of an offhand remark, considering it is a reply to Mikey discussing the same thing, so it doesn't really tell me anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiebessie (Post 4726520)
So Xiz’s response to DBP’s accusation was sarcasm?

@Xiz if you’re town and someone is accusing you of not being town-aligned, I don’t think sarcasm is the route to take to help town solve the game. You’re just making us all more confused by not directly addressing DBP’s point. It would help if you replied with a more substantial response plz.

Acting as a backup for DBP here. I don't really think that's something that a partner would do, so some points against being teamed here.

I notice a lot of her posts last day were shading Haku, MML, and Bolth, and most of her D1 interactions are with people who have flipped town. Just something interesting.

Okay, looking through her ISO, she doesn't interact with Ulle/Shado at all, she barely interacts with DBP, I see a lot of minor pushes on users but not really committing to anything, and she isn't even commenting on some important thread events. jessiebessie reads like a scum who is comfortable with the direction the thread is heading in and is content to let town destroy themselves.

flashflash account 04-29-2020 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4728148)
If you have a recheck on someone fucking hardclaim?

If you don't stop wasting time on a DBP lynch

but wine

flashflash account 04-29-2020 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4728149)
saying that he was likely a wolf but not taking a hard stance towards lynching him until it became opportunistic for him to do so.

I get that you have a lot to do but this just isn't true
I wanted to lynch xiz day 1, stopped when they claimed PR, and stopped again yesterday when I realized we literally didn't have to lynch the slot to resolve it

leetic 04-29-2020 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulleabhara (Post 4726390)
I think so!

Ulleabhara committed to the DBP town read.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulleabhara (Post 4726569)
Sure thing.

Xiz

I think 517 is a misrep (Backpack specifically explained why it was important) and 534 is one of the lamest excuses for not giving your own angle I've ever seen. Even if you think it's useless to sway Hakulyte, why rebuff an opportunity to see if, I dunno, one of the 11 other players might have a more useful response? And "it's so unimportant that it shouldn't be a read"...no, it really isn't. You had your Role PM by then, yes? Then it's usable.

*Note: Edited out URLs since this site won't let me post them

I find it interesting that both of them were using DBP to help their pushes. Considering Xiz was town, it could be that they wanted to take advantage of a town player's incorrect reads, or maybe it was a more coordinated move. Considering no wolves have died yet, I wouldn't ignore the possibility of a coordinated wolf team.

A lot of other posts from them were tunneling me, Xiz, and psychoangel to a lesser extent as well as clashing with Mikey. No mention of jessie. I am like 90% sure jessie and this slot are wolf partners but I'll look at Shado's ISO before making further conclusions.

Bolth mannn 04-29-2020 10:59 PM

I think Jess is the perfect utr scum partner so I’m fine with a lynch there

Are we going to be able to resolve the dbp/ffa thing here? Is there any pro town reason why ffa would fake a claim like that? If its true then we need to vote dbp, but why the hesitancy to hardclaim a red check? That’s what I don’t understand

Hakulyte 04-29-2020 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4728157)

Are we going to be able to resolve the dbp/ffa thing here? Is there any pro town reason why ffa would fake a claim like that? If its true then we need to vote dbp, but why the hesitancy to hardclaim a red check? That’s what I don’t understand

...to see how people react to it.

Bolth mannn 04-29-2020 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4728159)
...to see how people react to it.

Right...

So how’s that different to what xiz did?

flashflash account 04-29-2020 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4728157)

to make wolves wine on whether or not I have a red check or just got lucky

Hakulyte 04-29-2020 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4728160)
Right...

So how’s that different to what xiz did?

Xiz had too many layers of chaos for this game at this point imo.

I think it would have been really hard to move forward with the game without doing that.

Even at this point, I don't understand half of his game.

leetic 04-29-2020 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727470)
DBP pulling a Precarious here on the mad mechanics is meh
oh he's self aware about it. -"I hate that so many of my posts have been about this but I think it's important to establish the "why"" - this is honestly fair. even reading up, I could see myself getting caught in the argument of lynching inactives D0 vs going after active wolves, so I can relate to getting caught in it while hating that its consuming my time
#387 "I was gonna wait for Xiz to come back but I'll just elaborate on this now " good intro to a good catch on the SK thing. the only peeps thinking about SK before a flip are usually woofs tryna fish.
#420 yup yup yup DBP might be good after all
#832 vote on psycho seems to be following up on voting inactives and following Xiz. EoD -43m
Jessie
#805 jessie has had very few posts til this point. her posts contributing a relevant thought can be counted on one hand. this interaction struck me as odd for some reason so I'm including it here, starting with #805 to FG "What changed your mind?" wrt to unvoting Ulle (then "you do you, I guess" as an aside in response to FG's vote switch onto her) -> FG responds, "she won't be around" -> jess, "I mean I guess that’s okay for D0, but if you genuinely think someone is a wolf later on in the game, I don’t think them not being here for EOD should save them." -> FG, "I agree"

Cut out all parts not related to the two we're interested, you can check out this post on your own if you want to see the rest. DBP is the only one who was not bolded, which is weird. The progression on him is weird, first flakiness, then saying he's good, then townreading for following through on lynching inactives? Jessie is saved for last, and he makes absolutely no judgement on her. The fact that he felt the need to even mention Jessie in the first place feels like CWAC, and strengthens my read of the two as partners.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727488)
That's pretty close, actually. I've only partially skimmed this phase, so I can't fully answer that buuuut

I think at this point I think Dusk is the scummiest barring slots that will resolve themselves.

As for the other two,
I'm really not sure about Jessie 'cause she's posted so little, but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. She had little real content last phase, and what there was wasn't exactly insightful. FG thinks she's scummy which may be a good sheep given the check, but I'd pursue Dusk first.

DBP this phase seems better than DBP last phase, and I didn't have much against him last phase so I don't think I'd include him here yet.

I'd put Xiz well above DBP in terms of my suspicion. I really didn't like him last phase or believe his claim too much, but it does exist un-counterclaimed by either a different claim or the setup Letters, so I think it may be wise to give him more time until a contradiction in possible worlds appears.

You were aware of the postcount requirement or aware that psycho was below it?
but fair point, it ended up being a good thing that the lynch didn't fall on leetic.

Talks about jessie in a "kind of shading, but not actually putting in any real danger of a lynch" way. Also mentions DBP again for what it's worth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727516)
why not dusk?

Response to FG suggesting to lynch jessie. At this point, the defense feels a little shameless, but considering no wolves have died yet I wouldn't be surprised.

I would like to note that Shado has never tried to actively prod or interact with jessie, so this defense feels even more weird.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727823)
Holy shit the Xiz debacle really escalated

of note is DBP waiting it out (or maybe IRL stuff came up?), MML (and later DBP) pushing Xiz on a bluff because his claimed role doesn't give him anymore info, FG having ideas I wanna talk about later, and... and Duskfall.

In the midst of the meltdown and the threats of outing shit and yada yada, my man here goes:

Talks about DBP but doesn't really take it anywhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727876)
when did you ask me about Xiz? I'm reading, chill your beans fam

if you must know, I don't like either of the wagons right now. as far as I've read, I haven't seen anything from DBP meriting a lynch. Is his playstyle different in terms of posting more during the phase itself and less trying to control EoD? yes. Do I think it's AI? No. I like that change. I know DBP has historically been stressed thinking people *needed* him to come in at EoD and hero mode it to save town, so seeing him put it to the backburner is a welcome change. everything I've read of him so far has been aight.

Xiz I've commented on extensively in my posts thus far. I think can be resolved later as more claims come in, though after reading his more recent meltdown and recovery, I'm beginning to think his presence alone is gonna split town even if he may be town himself. I don't think there's much he can do at this state to convince certain people that he's truly town, so he'll be an easy mislynch later on if people let emotions make their decisions when claims come in and mechanical lynches becomes more crucial.

So between the two, I'd lynch Xiz over DBP if it comes to it.

I'd much rather we lynch duskfall. Say what you will about D0 reads, but I think that over and over and over again his posts dripped scumminess too many times for me to let it go. I think you can tell alignment from even one post if it betrays the underlaying intention enough, and I think his posts do that. my thoughts there are outlined in my bigger post about D0 as well.

I'm also really hesitant on accepting FG's green. A godfather almost certainly exists in this setup, and I'm normally really good at reading her. In all the games I've played with her, I don't think I've ever mislynched her as town and the one time she was wolf I caught her D0 and pushed for her lynch thru the following day phase. Aside from this phase where she's seemed more normal (perhaps due to the green check), she's really been off to me. My thoughts there are outlined in my big post from yesterday.

More defense of DBP. His stances on Xiz and FG also don't look that great from hindsight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727927)
Xiz your latest fixation with FG stinks of another bigbrained plot and I can't deal with another. Please stop.

oh yeah jess exists. that's a fine lynch too, esp since it's become clear no one wants to follow me on Dusk

A grand total of eighteen minutes before EoD. The momentum against Xiz was just significantly stronger than the momentum against jessie at that point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727955)
Fine. I want Jessie to answer for herself tomorrow because I hate the absolute uncertainty of her slot

I'm gonna vote Xiz to be done with the whole nonsense

Were you ever not going to vote Xiz? That is the question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727975)
she's not getting lynched 'cause she's not here to speak up and account for herself and her slot.

also the tone of your last sentence and your first line don't line up for me

The tone doesn't sound like someone who thinks jessie is a fine lynch. Can we say flipflop?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4728131)
aight

I'm not one for dwelling on nightkills buut I don't like that kill

the actual cause is endless wifom but it doesn't bode well in any case

does anyone else who said clearing up the Xiz question was necessary feel like maybe it wasn't necessary after all? 'cause like, I got no satisfaction from that lynch

You said you wanted jessie to answer for herself tomorrow, yet no mention of her in your opening post?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4728133)
jessiebessie

hey jess, when you get here can you talk about anyone you feel confident about in either direction? like people you have a good feeling about or a bad feeling and why

I get that you're moving, but there's only one reason you didn't get lynched yesterday and that isn't going to be enough to skate by on this time if you don't give us enough to read you by

Okay, now you're talking about jessiebessie...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4728137)
not liking anything rn.

I'm with you on lynching from the Xiz wagon. it's clear that wolves are steering this game, which is making me cut down my town pile to near nil

I'm looking hardest in DBP's direction for being the one name on the Xiz wagon that I think could've orchestrated and carried out a lynch like that, and I'll admit I probably let him float more than I should've based on liking his push on xiz earlier on

not gonna lie, I'm also tinfoiling on you pretty hard. your playstyle's been super different than the town!FFA I'm used to, and while I like the change and love the more serious approach, it's much harder to read you than it used to be.

...But you want to lynch on the Xiz wagon. Which jessie is conveniently not a part of. Yeah.

I mean, someone provide me with an argument as to why Shado and jessie are not partners, because it is not looking good.

flashflash account 04-29-2020 11:30 PM

is shado/jess/dbp a compatible team iyo?

Hakulyte 04-29-2020 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4728165)
The fact that he felt the need to even mention Jessie in the first place feels like CWAC, and strengthens my read of the two as partners.

What's CWAC ? I probably forgot what it means if it was said before.

Quote:

I mean, someone provide me with an argument as to why Shado and jessie are not partners, because it is not looking good.

I think you bring good points. I hope Jess/Shado respond to this.

flashflash account 04-29-2020 11:33 PM

contributing without actually contributing

leetic 04-29-2020 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728166)
is shado/jess/dbp a compatible team iyo?

For now, yes. I'll have to look more into DBP's end of things to be sure, since Shado/jessie could have used DBP as a strong town member on their side rather than a partner. But Shado/jessie have low thread presence on their own, and in order to create a comfortable thread position for themselves they'd need a more active wolf. DBP fits the bill.

flashflash account 04-29-2020 11:34 PM

great. you should vote dbp

ShadoWolfe 04-29-2020 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4728050)
My tone is super towny and i have no agenda

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4728052)
exactly

lmao I just wanna say that, as frustrating as this attitude can be, it's somehow making my night rn with how much fun you seem to be having

ShadoWolfe 04-29-2020 11:52 PM

also I'm back for the night. just wanna share real quick that I realized while tucking the kids in that the boy had gotten ahold of the tablet passcode and charged my card $50 for a shitty minecraft clone :O
kthx for listening

flashflash account 04-29-2020 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4728172)
also I'm back for the night. just wanna share real quick that I realized while tucking the kids in that the boy had gotten ahold of the tablet passcode and charged my card $50 for a shitty minecraft clone :O
kthx for listening

oh no

leetic 04-30-2020 12:11 AM

Apparently my post on DBP "requires moderator approval", so who knows if we'll see it. Anyway, I think the evidence that DBP is paired with Shado and jessie isn't as strong as the evidence that the latter two are paired with each other. There are some major red flags with the DBP/jessie pairing, though the fact that DBP has yet to show up means I can't make a judgement on whether DBP is setting up jessie for a lynch or if he plans to divert attention away from her. DBP does admittedly have many wolfy moments of his own though.

ShadoWolfe 04-30-2020 12:13 AM

Quote:

The tone doesn't sound like someone who thinks jessie is a fine lynch. Can we say flipflop?

Or someone who realized that C9++++++ is a terrible setup to lynch people without specific info from them. maybe discard your shade for a moment and re-read the same posts you quoted from a "shado is town" perspective and you'll start discerning why I let her go

Quote:

You said you wanted jessie to answer for herself tomorrow, yet no mention of her in your opening post?

Okay, now you're talking about jessiebessie...

I just gotta say, it's really fucking weird that you quoted my two posts back to back and then still wrote this out about them. Like, you clearly saw me following up to get her to answer, and still wrote out the first part of this? Why?

Quote:

...But you want to lynch on the Xiz wagon. Which jessie is conveniently not a part of. Yeah.

this game does not revolve around jessie. the gamestate very clearly indicates that wolves are controlling lynches / pushing mislynches. that points to the Xiz wagon as a good pool to lynch from. how much I want to lynch jessie is irrelevant to that. even if jessie was a definite wolf, there's still her team to find. surely you can see how its possible to simultaneously push someone while looking for a solution to the game?

flashflash account 04-30-2020 12:14 AM

try to strip the post of links, or chop it up into multiple smaller posts

flashflash account 04-30-2020 12:27 AM

wolfe, why were you not confident in jess last night

ShadoWolfe 04-30-2020 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728180)
wolfe, why were you not confident in jess last night

she hasn't given me squat to be confident about
only reason I backed off is 'cause she wasn't around to claim.

though tbqh even if she does claim something today it doesn't help her fmpov unless she posts enough actual content to give me a decent readd. It's gonna be tough regardless 'cause I think FG's the only one who can confidently read her, and FG ain't around to do it. we could also just sheep FG's read on her from earlier and nuke the slot...

flashflash account 04-30-2020 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4728181)
she hasn't given me squat to be confident about
only reason I backed off is 'cause she wasn't around to claim.

though tbqh even if she does claim something today it doesn't help her fmpov unless she posts enough actual content to give me a decent readd. It's gonna be tough regardless 'cause I think FG's the only one who can confidently read her, and FG ain't around to do it. we could also just sheep FG's read on her from earlier and nuke the slot...

you're entertaining sheeping funnygurl (conveniently ignoring a hypothetical red check) but you weren't doing so last time
if jess doesn't show up again today do you give the slot another pass?
what's the difference between today and yesterday? Why are you afraid to lynch the slot in case of claims, but then lynch the slot that actually did claim?

DaBackpack 04-30-2020 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728029)
if it is real, I also redchecked dbp last night

ffa if this is your idea of some galaxy brain play then come off it. If you are actually going to stick to this then you're dead fucking meat

but you are going to give a concrete answer TODAY. There is zero chance I'm going to let you mislynch me and then tomorrow say "haha guys I was just bluffing!!"

if I'm lynched, you are going to die tomorrow. period. any it looks like you almost let that happen already.

DaBackpack 04-30-2020 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728038)
already at L-1 lol

if you're town, good fucking job Einstein

otherwise this reads as gloating

DaBackpack 04-30-2020 12:59 AM

so yeah, are you gonna stick with that red check or not? do it, I fucking dare you

flashflash account 04-30-2020 01:00 AM

hey there
I'm not claiming cop

but if I am the cop, you're the one who's dead meat lol

there's no reason for me to reaction test this
your answer is always the same, so why bother

flashflash account 04-30-2020 01:02 AM

honestly, I've got you trapped
if I'm a wolf, I locked myself into dying in lylo
if I'm town, either you die today or you're forced to nk me and get lynched tomorrow anyway

just give it up, it's okay

DaBackpack 04-30-2020 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728186)
hey there
I'm not claiming cop

but if I am the cop, you're the one who's dead meat lol

there's no reason for me to reaction test this
your answer is always the same, so why bother

You can't have your cake and eat it too

If you're going to pretend like you seered me red, I'm going to have your head on a pike for pushing a mislynch. If I die then we might be in LYLO tomorrow. You are going to try to weasel your way out of dying tomorrow if you're successful because you're too much a pussy to commit to this fakeclaim right now.

So come on, do it. I dare you.

DaBackpack 04-30-2020 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728187)
honestly, I've got you trapped
if I'm a wolf, I locked myself into dying in lylo
if I'm town, either you die today or you're forced to nk me and get lynched tomorrow anyway

just give it up, it's okay

I'm sorry what?????????

DaBackpack 04-30-2020 01:05 AM

Come on FFA fucking hardclaim your red check, otherwise formally rescind it. Otherwise you are literally wasting everyone's time and/or hard-wolfing right now.

flashflash account 04-30-2020 01:07 AM

yeah, you're right
of course you aren't going to give up

flashflash account 04-30-2020 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4728190)
Come on FFA fucking hardclaim your red check, otherwise formally rescind it. Otherwise you are literally wasting everyone's time and/or hard-wolfing right now.

I'm not rescinding anything today

DaBackpack 04-30-2020 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728193)
I'm not rescinding anything today

So to be totally clear, with no wiggle room for any way for you to pussy out in 12 hours

Are you standing by your red check on me?

If you reply yes then you're not allowed to change your answer later

flashflash account 04-30-2020 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4728194)
So to be totally clear, with no wiggle room for any way for you to pussy out in 12 hours

Are you standing by your red check on me?

If you reply yes then you're not allowed to change your answer later

I am not hardclaiming anything until massclaim

if I am the cop you've been redchecked

DaBackpack 04-30-2020 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728195)

if I am the cop you've been redchecked

Yeah no shit you're not actually the cop. My concern is that you casually brought up that "you had a redcheck on me" and quite literally almost got me lynched. You said "lol he's at L-1" and didn't even unvote to stop an insta. That's not even something Hakulyte would do. It's BEYOND ass unless you're scum, when you can pretend "it was a reaction test and you guys insta'd him!!" or fuck idk maybe you were even willing to die.

If you want to lynch me build a fucking case like someone who actually plays this game instead of doing this wishy-washy bullshit.

TBH I'm actually like mad that you almost got me killed before I showed up literally just by lying to everyone. That is not ok.

flashflash account 04-30-2020 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4728196)
Yeah no shit you're not actually the cop. My concern is that you casually brought up that "you had a redcheck on me" and quite literally almost got me lynched. You said "lol he's at L-1" and didn't even unvote to stop an insta. That's not even something Hakulyte would do. It's BEYOND ass unless you're scum, when you can pretend "it was a reaction test and you guys insta'd him!!" or fuck idk maybe you were even willing to die.

If you want to lynch me build a fucking case like someone who actually plays this game instead of doing this wishy-washy bullshit.

TBH I'm actually like mad that you almost got me killed before I showed up literally just by lying to everyone. That is not ok.

I legit don't care if you get hammered because you are a wolf

flashflash account 04-30-2020 01:19 AM

anyway, I'm gonna catch some sleep. We can chat tomorrow as well. Try not to panic while outted

DaBackpack 04-30-2020 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728197)
I legit don't care if you get hammered because you are a wolf

this is just lolcatting now

FFA just to demonstrate how full of shit you are. It's too late to take back your redcheck claim. Die

Hakulyte 04-30-2020 01:21 AM

Why would a wolf suicide themselves by calling a red check on someone ?

ShadoWolfe 04-30-2020 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728182)
you're entertaining sheeping funnygurl (conveniently ignoring a hypothetical red check) but you weren't doing so last time
if jess doesn't show up again today do you give the slot another pass?
what's the difference between today and yesterday? Why are you afraid to lynch the slot in case of claims, but then lynch the slot that actually did claim?

I'm reading your hypothetical red check rn and haven't made up my mind there yet. working my way up between other shit

if jess doesn't show up today? like at all? idk man she better, that's the whole point of giving her a chance to come in. if she doesn't, she becomes the default lynch unless we're certain of someone else. is a modkill too much to pray for in that case? anyway

"but then lynch the slot that actually did claim" you act like you weren't shading him as much as the rest. I at least starting buying what he was selling close to the end there, but had no good options. to answer your question though, Xiz had already used his shot, so utility wise he was as valuable as vanilla. and he had made such a clusterfuck of thread that keeping him alive seemed like it had become either stupid or dangerous. nobody wanted to lynch duskfall, and the Xiz wagon composition seemed appealing. it had my only diehard townread, the claimed cop, and DBP, who seemed to be onto something and said he wasn't seeing what I was seeing in Xiz' changed attitude.

by the time I'd decided to go Xiz over jesse, the wagons were close to decided, so its not like I tipped the scales in any way anyhow. then bolth votes and my vote becomes a total token vote (hammer), which is why it's lightweight funny anyone's taking my name on the wagon as me steering it.

especially since its that and simultaneously my "lack of thread presence", which is either a contradiction or I'm a god

DaBackpack 04-30-2020 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728195)

This is totally something that a real cop with real checks says. Yeah

"Hey guys I'm a cop. But I'm not going to actually CLAIM cop until everybody else except me claims. But trust me I'm cop and you should lynch this guy!!"

what an absolute mad lad.

leetic 04-30-2020 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4728201)
I'm reading your hypothetical red check rn and haven't made up my mind there yet. working my way up between other shit

if jess doesn't show up today? like at all? idk man she better, that's the whole point of giving her a chance to come in. if she doesn't, she becomes the default lynch unless we're certain of someone else. is a modkill too much to pray for in that case? anyway

"but then lynch the slot that actually did claim" you act like you weren't shading him as much as the rest. I at least starting buying what he was selling close to the end there, but had no good options. to answer your question though, Xiz had already used his shot, so utility wise he was as valuable as vanilla. and he had made such a clusterfuck of thread that keeping him alive seemed like it had become either stupid or dangerous. nobody wanted to lynch duskfall, and the Xiz wagon composition seemed appealing. it had my only diehard townread, the claimed cop, and DBP, who seemed to be onto something and said he wasn't seeing what I was seeing in Xiz' changed attitude.

by the time I'd decided to go Xiz over jesse, the wagons were close to decided, so its not like I tipped the scales in any way anyhow. then bolth votes and my vote becomes a total token vote (hammer), which is why it's lightweight funny anyone's taking my name on the wagon as me steering it.

especially since its that and simultaneously my "lack of thread presence", which is either a contradiction or I'm a god

What's with "is a modkill too much to pray for in that case"? If she's town, that has the potential to put us in MyLo?

DaBackpack 04-30-2020 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4728200)

Fuck if I know, I literally only know the result that he is lying to you

After the Xiz lynch who was the most likely lynch today? Either jessie or me, I guess. I'll have to check that again. But if it's a FFA/jessie team, my guess is that Jessie is a powerful role and FFA is a one-shot/useless role and FFA is actively protecting/deflecting away from a Jessie lynch to buy an extra phase with MY lynch, and FFA knows he's gonna die but at least it's not Jessie, a strong wolf PR. He would be trading himself to protect the Jessie slot, and in doing so ALSO gets a free lynch on a prominent townie.

---Other than that, in the early phase it looked like I was going to die instantly but he never actually FORMALLY CLAIMED. Like I brought up earlier, all he has to do is "lol guys it was just a test! you guys lynched him!! I wasn't actually hardclaiming!!" to get out of his lie. Since tomorrow potentially is LYLO, all he would need to do is convince ONE OF YOU that he's not a wolf... pocket someone, stir doubt, etc.

But for fuck's sake he's lying and he's too afraid to admit that he's lying because he know it will make him look bad. I am trying to force FFA to formally commit to/rescind his fakeclaim so that I can nail him to the cross or otherwise move the fuck on.

ShadoWolfe 04-30-2020 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4728203)
What's with "is a modkill too much to pray for in that case"? If she's town, that has the potential to put us in MyLo?

I love mylo
who doesn't love mylo
mylo in this game means we've gotten somewhere
so much better than lylo
or like, just lo. that's the worst.

now can you respond to my other post responding to you?
I want your thoughts on the record so it doesn't get lumped into general shade later lmao

DaBackpack 04-30-2020 01:34 AM

Like are you suggesting we massclaim this phase? It sounds like that's what you actually want. I'm not opposed to it but I'm going to make you say those words yourself instead of being a coward and skirting around the issue

Hakulyte 04-30-2020 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4728204)

After the Xiz lynch who was the most likely lynch today? Either jessie or me, I guess. I'll have to check that again. But if it's a FFA/jessie team, my guess is that Jessie is a powerful role and FFA is a one-shot/useless role and FFA is actively protecting/deflecting away from a Jessie lynch to buy an extra phase with MY lynch, and FFA knows he's gonna die but at least it's not Jessie, a strong wolf PR. He would be trading himself to protect the Jessie slot, and in doing so ALSO gets a free lynch on a prominent townie.

---Other than that, in the early phase it looked like I was going to die instantly but he never actually FORMALLY CLAIMED. Like I brought up earlier, all he has to do is "lol guys it was just a test! you guys lynched him!! I wasn't actually hardclaiming!!" to get out of his lie. Since tomorrow potentially is LYLO, all he would need to do is convince ONE OF YOU that he's not a wolf... pocket someone, stir doubt, etc.

But for fuck's sake he's lying and he's too afraid to admit that he's lying because he know it will make him look bad. I am trying to force FFA to formally commit to/rescind his fakeclaim so that I can nail him to the cross or otherwise move the fuck on.

Mass claim and lynch the guy now if the roles don't match ?

Hakulyte 04-30-2020 01:38 AM

My main concern is if this is a meme T/T.

DaBackpack 04-30-2020 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4728208)
My main concern is if this is a meme T/T.

This is why I want FFA to FORMALLY CLAIM or RESCIND NOW so we don't have a dumbass T/T thunderdome

If he's town and he sticks with his claim that is literally the worst play of all time on this site. It actually makes more sense for a wolf FFA to do this with reasons I said above.

Hakulyte 04-30-2020 01:45 AM

I feel like this is just delaying the phase and wasting time.

MixMasterLar 04-30-2020 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728155)
I get that you have a lot to do but this just isn't true
I wanted to lynch xiz day 1, stopped when they claimed PR, and stopped again yesterday when I realized we literally didn't have to lynch the slot to resolve it

No Mike

You dont get to announce we're "nuking the wagon"but then act like you were totally scumreading xiz when it suits your case

You don't get to have this both ways

DaBackpack 04-30-2020 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4728210)
I feel like this is just delaying the phase and wasting time.

take it up with FFA. it's his shitty claim, not mine

Hakulyte 04-30-2020 01:50 AM

Considering next phase is 4:3 (assuming mislynch), I think it's fair to have a claim that decides something especially if it directly leads to a lynch.

So, even with 1/10 of my mental brain power I think if there's a Cop, they should claim now.

Even if you stay hidden one more day, you could die tomorrow over a fake claim and lose the game anyway.

MixMasterLar 04-30-2020 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4728200)

Baiting out actual PRs,

If he's wolf he just needs this mislynch and one more phase to talk himseld out and it's game. "I wont hardclaim" is pretty much just an out for when he's wrong.

If he really was a PR and wanted a massclaim then would just hardclaim and fuck DBP right now

ShadoWolfe 04-30-2020 01:59 AM

DBP is raising some good points, especially in #2057.

I'm trying to think of what we benefit by a half-claim vs a real one and am drawing a blank. If its red, its red. If not, then don't bet the game on a meme.

Also don't know if a massclaim is advisable yet. It feels a bit soon, though I can't say for sure 'cause I haven't been in the right state of mind to bash my head against the setup yet. It's becoming quickly unavoidable, though not tonight. way too zoned out to give it a fair shot

Hakulyte 04-30-2020 02:00 AM

Duskfall/FFA/Bolth.

A reasonable wolf team ?

MixMasterLar 04-30-2020 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4728215)

If he really was a PR and wanted a massclaim then would just hardclaim and fuck DBP right now

....typing this out made me realize his call for massclaim before he hardclaims really is more a wolf strat actually.

FFA

This comes off as PR hunting more then solving.

MixMasterLar 04-30-2020 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4728204)

Yeah this whole "FFA has an exucse no matter what" thing is a trend

Oh i knew Xiz was a bad idea
Oh did we keep him alive until F3? Well i said he was a wolf! Lynch him
I might have a red check on DBP he dies 100%
Oh he was green bro i was hypocopping
Did you make a solid point? I said something about wine remember?
What can I say? I'm an agreeable guy

DaBackpack 04-30-2020 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4728219)

Oh did we keep him alive until F3? Well i said he was a wolf! Lynch him

this in particular is what skeeved me out last phase

leaving Xiz alive until endgame would be a recipe for... literally this. And FFA in particular "had Xiz as 95% wolf" BUT STILL wanted to save him for later

DaBackpack 04-30-2020 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4728217)
Duskfall/FFA/Bolth.

A reasonable wolf team ?

I would replace one of Dusk/Bolt with jessie I think

DaBackpack 04-30-2020 02:16 AM

Dusk and Bolt are both in weird spots atm. Bolt's posts got better and dusk's got worse over the course of the game

bolt directly calling out dusk could be a distancing attempt sure, but there's little incentive for them to do that when they could just capitalize on Xiz or w/e instead of drawing attention to themselves

Hakulyte 04-30-2020 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4728221)
I would replace one of Dusk/Bolt with jessie I think

Oh, I picked these ones specifically because they were the 3 votes with me on you a while ago.

I feel like wolf team is getting a bit greedy because of how the game went well so far for them.

They're also all Xiz votes unsurprisingly.

Hakulyte 04-30-2020 02:21 AM

I know this is silly, but I think if a 2nd town voted DBP, this phase would have been over.

Hakulyte 04-30-2020 02:23 AM

I feel like real town players wouldn't have escalated the DBP voting to L-1 that fast mindlessly.

(yeah, I know, I'm in that pack too)

Hakulyte 04-30-2020 02:25 AM

I just meme pressure joined FFA first DBP voter because lol pressure then the others joined and I was like wut-

Hakulyte 04-30-2020 02:29 AM

Well, I'm going to get some precious sleep.

I owe an apology to Xiz and I have to forgive the guy for being a poor sport.
I have Funny going "Welcome to Haku" and now DBP that goes "not even Hakulyte would do that".

I get it. I'll do an effort this phase.

ShadoWolfe 04-30-2020 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4728222)
Dusk and Bolt are both in weird spots atm. Bolt's posts got better and dusk's got worse over the course of the game

bolt directly calling out dusk could be a distancing attempt sure, but there's little incentive for them to do that when they could just capitalize on Xiz or w/e instead of drawing attention to themselves

I feel the exact opposite.

Bolth early game felt pure, now he feels like he has an agenda

Dusk early game felt fake. now he still kinda feels fake but at least he's been consistent in his la la la I'm so towny la la la I don't have reads
that does need to change, but its oddly comforting having that as the only constant in the rest of this zany mess