Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 194 - Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151853)

fatfuck42 05-6-2020 04:54 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Beyond that, dusk comes out looking the worst following the EOD. He pushed super super hard to have the vote between him and dap and no one else, and he admittedly defended jessie up until the end:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4729884)
there is no safe play its mylo

there is only a "oh no jessie didnt post at all its a shame we couldnt read them" play

Am i kinda soft defending jessie now btw? yes

because dbp is just clearly a better lyncha nd jessie is a counter wagon to the 1v1 with scum in it who is just obviously dbp

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4729887)
Tbf this is probably my fault for not playing earlier, I do think when town really needed me today though I have stepped up and done my best, I have handed you a wolf on a plate all you have to do is put the final bullet in it

Please lynch dbp here

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4729890)
Why are people voting outside the 1v1 vote dbp fml

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4729898)
Leetic vote in the cross, there is scum in me and dbp

You don't have a confident read on jessie, even if they are scum it is p much a coinflip no one can actually read this is a policy lynch

In the 1v1 you can weigh up your options better and know one of us is scum, and that if you can read one of us correctly you can hit through, by either finding me as town or finding dbp as scum

He didn't vote jessie until the last minute or two of EOD either, despite himself being the counterwagon. There was a reluctance despite having to self-pres.

He's also fairly defensive when it comes to bussing:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4729864)
Bussing is just bad play always though?

Shado called him out for this one too, I remember.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4730046)
it was not!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4730047)
LOL people really considering me wolf with dbp

This is probably one of the craziest reads I've ever given, but based on the shitty FFR forum search, this is the only post in the game where dusk used an exclamation mark, and it was to defend against the possibility that he and dap are bussing each other. Obviously that's a defense he feels very strongly about. He even followed that up with a double post trying to make the idea seem laughable

Then, like I said before, when I show up today he tries to control the narrative and make it seem like me getting lynched is a forgone conclusion:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4730062)
I don't think it is possible for you to not get lynched at this point, honestly you are going to f3 guarenteed as guiltiest player with the only other mafia player being outted.

There is not really a play you can make to not get lynched anymore, at least in me eyes. Getting subbed in at this point is a major feelsbad but I do think your slot is kind of screwed so just heads up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4730065)
Dbp is outted because his claim of blocker is proven impossible in our setup

You voted yesterday in mylo on me, with the two other scum and no town on town, while the rest of the players vote mafia

Also your slot has been the most wildly scumread all game of the slots in poe even before dbp and jessie were proven mafia

Basically, I think dap and dusk, two very strong players (as evidenced by their appearance in the champs game), had a solid wolf game going (seemed like they were going to get a clean sweep at one point) and decided to swag out. They went for the thunderdome because the stakes weren't that high and it was a good opportunity to have that kind of fun. Xiz did his stuff, FFA did his fakeclaim, so there's precedence for swagging out and doing crazy shit already in this game. Why not go for it?

I remember one game where V and I were both wolves and we agreed to thunderdome each other, a very calculated tunnel from start to finish, and when he ended up getting lynched, I looked super super good and ended up coasting us to a win. It was also really fun too, lol.

So, all in all, based on last EOD and the types of players that everyone left is, dusk is the most likely wolf candidate.

fatfuck42 05-6-2020 04:54 PM

I honestly think that exclamation mark is the smoking gun, lmao

Hakulyte 05-6-2020 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfuck42 (Post 4730109)
I honestly think that exclamation mark is the smoking gun, lmao

Yeah, there's a funny correlation with that.

This game we had Jessie doing it.

Turbo had T-Force doing it.

It would be funny if this becomes part of meta.

DaBackpack 05-6-2020 05:12 PM

one post

two post

red post

blue post

DaBackpack 05-6-2020 05:14 PM

hey plop they announced making a Muv-Luv Alternative anime the other day!

and "The Day After" is coming to Steam!! I read the first two parts of TDA in English and I think it has the potential to reach the same heights as MLA

Duskfall 05-6-2020 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4730118)

and "The Day After" is coming to Steam!! I read the first two parts of TDA in English and I think it has the potential to reach the same heights as MLA

Tell your partner i am a bad push

fatfuck42 05-6-2020 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4730112)
Yeah, there's a funny correlation with that.

This game we had Jessie doing it.

Turbo had T-Force doing it.

It would be funny if this becomes part of meta.

lol, I didn't pick up on jessie doing it too.

fatfuck42 05-6-2020 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4730118)

Wow! I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic about the adaptation, but if they can pull it off and make it on par with the VN...my god, that'd be so incredible. It's been a long time coming. Hopefully Extra is included in the adaptation. I don't think the story has as much of an impact without it. And I've heard good things about TDA too. I'd love to finally read Schwarzesmarken as well.

fatfuck42 05-6-2020 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4730119)
Tell your partner i am a bad push

You don't wanna address what I said?

Hakulyte 05-6-2020 05:48 PM

I made it to page 59.

I'm hungry now. brb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4727217)

DaBackpack 05-6-2020 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfuck42 (Post 4730121)
Wow! I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic about the adaptation, but if they can pull it off and make it on par with the VN...my god, that'd be so incredible. It's been a long time coming. Hopefully Extra is included in the adaptation. I don't think the story has as much of an impact without it. And I've heard good things about TDA too. I'd love to finally read Schwarzesmarken as well.

My faith in VN adaptations was shattered after the YU-NO anime this last summer. It wasn't Tsukihime-bad, just a mediocre 7/10. They didn't even adapt the game BGM which is feels like a complete waste. MLA should be way more straightforward though, given that it is mostly kinetic in structure. They didn't announce a studio or director yet, but I really hope it's not the staff that did Total Eclipse or Schwarzesmarken. Madhouse would be absolutely perfect for this IMO.

I just want to see Marimo again

DaBackpack 05-6-2020 06:02 PM

I'd hate to be the one to say that White Fox, ufotable, and KyoAni are the only studios capable of adapting VNs... but here we are...

KyoAni would never touch Muv-Luv, they were too busy wasting their time with shitty light-novels to even adapt Key's Little Busters!, which is a goddamn literary masterpiece

ufotable would be interesting, highly doubt they would branch out like this though. I don't know about White Fox either... if they used Steins;Gate's director though this adaptation could be one of the best anime ever made. Steins;Gate had incredible direction that really accentuated Okabe's descent into despair over time--- this specific thing is what an anime Muv-Luv needs, given how much of the excellence of the VN revolves around Takeru's rapid mental deterioration and trial-by-fire character growth. But we'll see... as long as it's not fucking studio feel or 8-bit

if it's A1 Pictures I'm going to hang myself

Hakulyte 05-6-2020 06:09 PM

I have seen YU-NO.
I have seen Stein's Gate up to 0 stuff.
The above statements are pretty truthful to the real situation.

I don’t see myself voting for him this phase.

I hope more VNs get the anime adaptation they deserve in the near future too.

fatfuck42 05-6-2020 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4730124)
My faith in VN adaptations was shattered after the YU-NO anime this last summer. It wasn't Tsukihime-bad, just a mediocre 7/10. They didn't even adapt the game BGM which is feels like a complete waste. MLA should be way more straightforward though, given that it is mostly kinetic in structure. They didn't announce a studio or director yet, but I really hope it's not the staff that did Total Eclipse or Schwarzesmarken. Madhouse would be absolutely perfect for this IMO.

I just want to see Marimo again

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4730125)
I'd hate to be the one to say that White Fox, ufotable, and KyoAni are the only studios capable of adapting VNs... but here we are...

KyoAni would never touch Muv-Luv, they were too busy wasting their time with shitty light-novels to even adapt Key's Little Busters!, which is a goddamn literary masterpiece

ufotable would be interesting, highly doubt they would branch out like this though. I don't know about White Fox either... if they used Steins;Gate's director though this adaptation could be one of the best anime ever made. Steins;Gate had incredible direction that really accentuated Okabe's descent into despair over time--- this specific thing is what an anime Muv-Luv needs, given how much of the excellence of the VN revolves around Takeru's rapid mental deterioration and trial-by-fire character growth. But we'll see... as long as it's not fucking studio feel or 8-bit

if it's A1 Pictures I'm going to hang myself

Shame to hear about the Yu-no adaptation. The grandfather of so many modern VNs needs to be adapted with respect and reverence. I figured it wasn't gonna be the best when I saw it's only 26 eps. Really really hope that's not how the MLA adaptation goes. 26 eps for just Alternative is doable but not ideal at all. It needs that length for it to feel like the epic it is. It's like Dies Irae, a game with a script as long as the bible in terms of word count, getting a 17 ep adaptation.

ufotable could definitely pull it off, but have they done anything outside of F/SN recently? It'd be hard for them to give up on such a guaranteed money maker of a series. But yeah, either them or Madhouse would be my picks too.

Honestly, though? I'd bet money on it being JC Staff...

fatfuck42 05-6-2020 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4730126)
I have seen YU-NO.
I have seen Stein's Gate up to 0 stuff.
The above statements are pretty truthful to the real situation.

I don’t see myself voting for him this phase.

I hope more VNs get the anime adaptation they deserve in the near future too.

You and me both! I understand they're challenging and costly to properly adapt, but a lot of the ones that have been have gone on to be all-time classics.

Hakulyte 05-6-2020 06:20 PM

I want an anon game where every player is an anime studio.

Hakulyte 05-6-2020 06:24 PM

I think Duskfall voted DBP at the beginning of this phase.

I know I voted -> unvoted because DBP can self-vote.

EoD is in like 30-35 min.