Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   TWG CXLIX Infractions and general OOTC stuff (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=144052)

YoshL 03-11-2016 07:42 PM

Re: TWG CXLIX Infractions and general OOTC stuff

i don't think haku and rzr should be getting different ban lengths, and the established one we went with originally was until the end of 2016. I think it still fits well.

Charu 03-11-2016 10:00 PM

Still feel that's a bit excessive, but if that's the final decision. Welp, see ya later Haku, hope to see you again in November/December? Still think, regardless, you'd make a good player here despite the multiple game thing. Who knows?

And I guess see ya later rzr. Maybe you'll share us the details whenever you are able to. But yeh.

lurker 03-11-2016 10:55 PM

ladies and gentlemen we fucking did it
we killed twg
it is dead now

Xiz 03-11-2016 11:52 PM

At least haku made the right choice in the end and came forth with the issue. Sure, it was bad he did it and he should 100% be penalized.

But, after looking back on this with a clear head and a fresh mind, if it was up to me, I would give him perhaps a 3 month ban. If he does it again, at all, in any way shape or form, year ban, or, perma. Since, 3 strikes your out.

thesunfan 03-12-2016 12:05 AM

haku has requested to be banned for the length initially proposed, so long as people are not advocating banning for longer than the remainder of the year, which it doesn't look like is happening, that'll be what it is happening.

rzr will be banned for the same length of time so long as people do not want him banned for long as well, which is not as unanimous

choof 03-12-2016 12:18 AM

a ban for the rest of the year is Good imnsqho tbh fam

Makilaz 03-12-2016 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4415343)
a ban for the rest of the year is Good imnsqho tbh fam

same

thesunfan 03-12-2016 12:50 AM

god the previous post is worded so goddamn bad I'm rly tired gn friends

XelNya 03-12-2016 01:06 AM

I think the till the end of the year is a bit too harsh. But eh.

Tokzic 03-12-2016 09:18 AM

nine months feels like overkill to me

i like three

SKG_Scintill 03-12-2016 09:39 AM

three overkills

Hakulyte 03-12-2016 10:06 AM

I'm assuming bans were made to punish actions, not intents. My point is that you can't prove intents, but you can prove actions @ providing logs/screenshot of it.
I can't take a picture of myself and being like "this is why you can 100% trust what I said." ergo this is why it makes sense to me to get the same ban length as rzr.
While reporting is obviously considered a good action, it doesn't prove that I'm not by example super malicious and just wanted to frame him and clear myself over it.

e.g: I thought cheating was a good idea because ________________ .
^ Logical fallacy here.

<insert self-vote>

That's my 2cent behind the 10 months ban logic.

Hakulyte 03-12-2016 10:22 AM

btw, it seems like I can still spectate games while being banned.
I can still learn how to play at my own pace even without posting myself.

So, it doesn't feel so bad from my point of view.

I'm surprised they don't block access to TWG forums while you're banned because watching games could be interpreted as a privilege.

Maybe I'm overthinking this, sorry if irrelevant to thread.

choof 03-12-2016 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4415380)

hopefully you continue to spectate so you grow and learn how to be a better player without having to resort to cheating

choof 03-12-2016 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4415379)
I'm assuming bans were made to punish actions, not intents.

they are used to punish actions and ur being punished for cheating, don't see what you're trying to get at here

dAnceguy117 03-12-2016 12:02 PM

I think Haku was saying that the ban on Haku is suitable, despite a lack of malicious intent.

dAnceguy117 03-12-2016 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4415380)

not to mention, you can play at any number of other places that run these games, if you so choose.

DarkManticoreX2 03-12-2016 03:42 PM

Sorry I'm late to this thread, I haven't been on the internet very much over the past few days.

I tried to dig into the details of the game and what happened, but really just reading this thread is enough for me.

Rzr should be banned for at least 6 games, if not permabanned. Over the course of his career, Rzr has cheated numerous times in multiple different TWG games. As a moderator I feel like everyone deserves a second and sometimes even a third chance. Rzr has used all those chances and has not learned from his mistakes or his punishments. Nowhere else is it more obvious this is true then this post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rzr (Post 4415142)
And Haku you're a stupid cunt snitch bru you fucked your own game up thanks for dragging me down with you ******

The motivation behind this post is "Haku I'm mad at you for reporting I had outside of game info, I can't believe you'd tell on me."

This shows a complete lack of disregard for TWG, Fair play, and his fellow players. This is something that over the course of 6-7 years of TWG I would hope Rzr would have learned. It is your duty as a player to report to your moderator/host when you have obtained game breaking information. There is no point in playing a mystery style game like TWG when one person has the answer in the middle of the game. Rzr actually does know this. He's more concerned in getting the correct answer and being seen as a good player then he is in following the rules.

thesunfan 03-12-2016 03:48 PM

I was unaware he cheated before
I had thought I remembered him and argo accidentally knowing each other's roles or something a long time ago but if he's cheated before then lol

AragakiAyase 03-12-2016 03:56 PM

If rzr has cheated numerous times I'm ok with a perma