Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Steam Winter Sale 2015 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=143508)

_Zenith_ 12-28-2015 11:34 AM

Steam Winter Sale 2015

What did you get this year? Over 10,000 games on sale until January 4th and some of them are really decent (like Talos Principle is $10 what the fuck).

I bought these games and I just want to know what you guys got on the store this year:

Black Ops 2 Complete Edition
Rivals of Aether (recommend to all)
Chivalry
Metro 2033 Redux + Last Light Redux
Doom 3: BFG Edition
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 13 part 2
Final Fantasy Lightning Returns
FTL

and I bought the humble bundle which had a handful of games I didn't own yet (Like the old and new Tomb Raiders).

Share what you got!

Kraezymann 12-28-2015 12:04 PM

Re: Steam Winter Sale 2015

GTA V, Viscera Cleanup Detail and I bought my friend Ori and the Blind Forest with the rest of my wallet.

Been looking forward to GTA V PC for a long time

_Zenith_ 12-28-2015 12:17 PM

Sweeeeeet

It was between GTA 5 or Black Ops 2 for me however I will play Black Ops 2 longer than I would've GTA 5 (I would've played only online tbh) so I went with the former :p

For reference if any of you want to add me my username is: Chet Ubetcha (from New York)

ItsOnlyDanO 12-28-2015 12:38 PM

pc isn't really great for games
so i'll end up buying the You Don't Know Jack Classic pack since practically anything can run it

i'm a sucker for random trivia so it's right up my alley

tosh 12-28-2015 02:30 PM

Bought Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, The Last Remnant, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1, and Life is Strange (Episodes 2-5).

Played Vampire: The Masquerade last night until 7am before realizing what time it was. Game is fun.

_Zenith_ 12-28-2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tosh (Post 4388433)
Bought Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, The Last Remnant, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1, and Life is Strange (Episodes 2-5).

Played Vampire: The Masquerade last night until 7am before realizing what time it was. Game is fun.

I grabbed episode 1 of Life is Strange but never followed it prior; is it any good?

XelNya 12-28-2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4388436)
I grabbed episode 1 of Life is Strange but never followed it prior; is it any good?

Um, it's like an interactive visual novel more than a game imho, but it's got a great story and the mechanics in it are great.

I myself, have decided I'm gonna have a bad time.

I bought undertale, and this joke probably only makes sense if you've beaten a certain route, or spoiled it for yourself like I did.

I'm also shit-tier at bullet hells.

That 10 minute fight is probably gonna be 20 for me. (Assuming I ever beat it.)

ThunderFlip 12-28-2015 06:26 PM

Picked up too much on this one, lol. Hopefully I will get around to playing them all at some point.

Insurgency
Ori and the Blind Forest
Undertale
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Final Fantasy Type-0
The Witcher Trilogy Pack
3 games that were 14 cents a piece that I can sell the trading cards (lol)

Too many nice games at too much discount, couldn't just choose a few.

TheRapingDragon 12-29-2015 09:33 AM

I got nothing for the first time in years. Having no daily/flash sales makes me less interested in even looking so I just made the badge and I'm happy with that. I have enough games in my backlog to not need anything anyway.

Though I bought a few games in the PSN sale: Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls, N++, Shadow Of Mordor GOTY edition, Infamous Second Son and Infamous First Light.

_Zenith_ 12-29-2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRapingDragon (Post 4388608)
I got nothing for the first time in years. Having no daily/flash sales makes me less interested in even looking so I just made the badge and I'm happy with that. I have enough games in my backlog to not need anything anyway.

Though I bought a few games in the PSN sale: Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls, N++, Shadow Of Mordor GOTY edition, Infamous Second Son and Infamous First Light.

Let me know how you like N++; played the shit out of N+ and even played the original N for a couple of hours here and there!

TheRapingDragon 12-29-2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4388627)
Let me know how you like N++; played the shit out of N+ and even played the original N for a couple of hours here and there!

I've already played it for an hour or two and I'm enjoying it. I never played N+ but I loved the original N enough to beat every level (88-4 haunted my dreams for the few days it took me to beat it).

AutotelicBrown 12-29-2015 12:32 PM

Nothing so far, might buy The Beginner's Guide if I decide to play it in the following days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRapingDragon (Post 4388608)
Having no daily/flash sales makes me less interested in even looking so I just made the badge and I'm happy with that.

I agree with this. After checking that none of my wishlist games had a price that warrants buying ahead of time, I pretty much ignored the sale. That and the fact that I bought a few games in last month's sale: Talos Principle (already played and it's a great game), Grim Fandango Remastered (played the original a long time ago and it's great as well), Fairy Fencer F and Final Dusk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tosh
The Last Remnant

Currently available in the $1 tier of the humble bundle. I found the game's battle system unique and interesting, but I don't remember much else from when I played it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderFlip
Ori and the Blind Forest
Undertale

Yes.

_Zenith_ 12-29-2015 01:47 PM

Speaking of humble bundle I just got the "new games coming soon" just now, all three of them were Tomb Raiders; Anniversary, Legend, and Underworld

EDIT: And I've never touched a single Tomb Raider in my life and I p much own them all now so someone help me where should I start in the series (presumed 1-3 and then start the new ones).

Charu 12-29-2015 03:35 PM

For Tomb Raider. If you're going to be playing the classics, be prepared for very VERY stiff controls.

It's not the flowiest game in the world. In fact, it's quite the opposite, hahaha.

_Zenith_ 12-29-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4388710)
For Tomb Raider. If you're going to be playing the classics, be prepared for very VERY stiff controls.

It's not the flowiest game in the world. In fact, it's quite the opposite, hahaha.

Isn't it similar to Syphon Filter controlling? I know it was stiff but if it's similar then at least I have a fair chance

Wineandbread 12-29-2015 05:33 PM

Has anyone played Chroma Squad? Worth buying for 40% off?

Kibblre 12-29-2015 06:02 PM

I bought HELLDIVERS, Ori and the Blind Forest, and Dust: An Elysian Tail. So far I've only played HELLDIVERS which is pretty great except for the DLC being insanely good to beat missions and there's no way I'm spending money for all of it.

Reach 12-30-2015 07:29 AM

Just the new RPG maker.

No flash sales has made this an extremely boring sale period. No interest in buying anything really.

choof 12-30-2015 11:47 AM

would have loved new rpg maker
maybe some day maybe when i'm finished with my rpg anyway

picked up civ 5 and all dlc
skype name should be choofdoof

gold stinger 12-30-2015 01:33 PM

would have made a thread for this but decided that I would make it way too damn memey for anyone's liking, only looking to buy AAA titles that no one wants to pay attention to like Undertale

picked up Rivals of Aether because someone told me to, and if I didn't already have Terraria yet I would have picked that up too.