Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   iPhone 4S (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=120650)

darkshark 10-5-2011 12:36 AM

iPhone 4S

The specs were released for the new iPhone, and basically all it got was a better camera.
The fact that it sports a dual core chip now is totally irrelevant, because it runs at the same frequency as the old one, and iOS is horrible at multitasking and won't see any benefit from the extra core. I was expecting something far far better for all the hype.

Here's a comparison of today's "superphones"

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/04/i...onic-and-tita/

Of course, you could throw all the numbers in the world at an Apple fanboy, and the iPhone is still the best phone. Luckily I'm not one of those fanboys and these numbers actually hold meaning.

Anyone rushing out to buy this thing?

Tyson ultima 10-5-2011 12:39 AM

Re: iPhone 4S

Possibly they lack the comprehension of how much better android phones are lol. I don't think a jailbroken iphone is as good as any android phone

edit: love how the iphone pretty much won none of these lol

Evnoir 10-5-2011 12:52 AM

Nope.
Never was a fan of Apple; never will be a fan of Apple.

I'll stick with getting a Sony Ericsson Acro instead :3

Staiain 10-5-2011 12:55 AM

I'd rather get a price reduced 4 than a 4S wow

25thhour 10-5-2011 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyson ultima (Post 3546902)
Possibly they lack the comprehension of how much better android phones are lol. I don't think a jailbroken iphone is as good as any android phone

edit: love how the iphone pretty much won none of these lol

this this this

I'm 100% sticking with my mothafuccing Xperia Play. Best phone I've ever had.

welsh_girl 10-5-2011 03:43 AM

Still happy with my HTC Desire.

Honestly never understood the big thing about iPhones.

jimerax 10-5-2011 05:47 AM

I'd rather buy iPod-touch if the new version is out (for better performance).

I currenty use 4th generarion one as a web browser/MP3 player/PDF reader, with a portable wi-fi router.

NeoMasterPie 10-5-2011 05:52 AM

i sorta like iOS's appearance, too bad that's the ONLY thing apple is any good at.

needless to say my htc incredible still gets lots of love even though the incredible 2 came out a couple months after i got it

Plan_Bsk81127 10-5-2011 06:36 AM

I was considering upgrading to one of these since Im still on the old ass 3G, but after seeing the vid for it, better off just doing what staiain said and getting a reduced price 4 rather then send $200 for a new one of these.

Sprite- 10-5-2011 09:26 AM

Droid for life :)

who_cares973 10-5-2011 09:33 AM

im happy with my Nexus S :^)

LongGone 10-5-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3546981)
im happy with my Nexus S :^)

First person I met that also uses a Nexus S (o:

who_cares973 10-5-2011 09:41 AM

yeah you're also the first.good to know im not alone :^)

Wineandbread 10-5-2011 09:53 AM

:^)

t-rogdor 10-5-2011 09:58 AM

seriously disappointed; it's just the same shit as the 4, but with a slightly better processor (not that it even matters with apple's horrid OS and lack of true multitasking) and a slightly better camera. I'm happy with my Atrix for now.
Only reason the dual core processor would ever matter at all is for jailbreaking shit, and I have this gut feeling that the Jailbreak community is going to go to absolute shit (moreso than it is now) come ios 5.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 (Post 3546957)
I was considering upgrading to one of these since Im still on the old ass 3G, but after seeing the vid for it, better off just doing what staiain said and getting a reduced price 4 rather then send $200 for a new one of these.

Just grab an LG Thrill or wait for the Nexus Prime; there's really no reason to ever buy Apple Phones because it'll be outdated within the year.

Emo_Saur_ 10-5-2011 10:00 AM

I'm happy with my Flashed Evo 4g.

darkshark 10-5-2011 10:16 AM

I'd love to upgrade my Galaxy S to the S II, 1.5ghz out of the box is sexy, could easily OC it to 2ghz. The iPhone is outdated before it's even released.

justin_ator 10-5-2011 10:24 AM

I laugh at all your advanced technology. Yay for slide phones with no internet capabilities!

Seriously though, what a let-down. I don't think I'd ever get an iPhone anywho, but this doesn't help change that either lol.

YoshL 10-5-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin_ator (Post 3547007)
I laugh at all your advanced technology. Yay for slide phones with no internet capabilities!

Seriously though, what a let-down. I don't think I'd ever get an iPhone anywho, but this doesn't help change that either lol.

good to know I'm not alone either, hahah

i have no money anyways

Bluearrowll 10-5-2011 01:30 PM

For those who don't know, this is my current phone and has been for many years:
(the link even says retrocell)

I'm not impressed with the iPhone 4s based off what I saw on the engadget chart, but I am starting to wonder what the best bang for buck would be in terms of new phones. My main reason for hating touch screen phones are the smudging and fingerprints that come with touch screen. If that can be eliminated then I don't see why touch screen would be a problem for me.