Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Playstation Network Down (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=118445)

virus003 04-21-2011 02:37 AM

Playstation Network Down

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...ice-outages-2/

I don't think this is maintenance, stupid anon hacker fags. I wanna play black ops >.<

Mine just went down, apparently it's been going on and off for weeks for some others, some a few hours.

I can see why people play xbox now.

supermousie 04-21-2011 02:44 AM

Re: Playstation Network Down

Yup.

ShitBox 360>GayStation Wii.

virus003 04-21-2011 02:49 AM

It doesn't have to do with the system itself, hackers are attacking the network servers, the whole USA is disconnected from PSN just because of faggy little hackers.

foilman8805 04-21-2011 02:51 AM

haha ur so mad

virus003 04-21-2011 02:55 AM

I'm ****ing blazing mad because I just prestiged on black ops and now I can't level up.

**** me.

nuclearsamurai 04-21-2011 05:12 AM

Wow, their post isn't vague at all. There goes playing LBP online. ;/

MarioNintendo 04-21-2011 05:19 AM

Oh come on. Go play outside with real people instead of whining at how pathetic your life is, or play split-screen with them. It's not like you're going to have to wait 10 months to in order to be able to play again. Embrace life at once!

supermousie 04-21-2011 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3453687)
Oh come on. Go play outside with real people instead of whining at how pathetic your life is(...)

That's not very nice.

I thought that hackers would attempt at taking down Microsoft's servers because... Well, it's Microsoft. Then again, Microsoft has cutting edge (um.) detection and prevention systems, whereas Sony may not be as lucky.

Cold Kitten 04-21-2011 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3453687)
Oh come on. Go play outside with real people instead of whining at how pathetic your life is, or play split-screen with them. It's not like you're going to have to wait 10 months to in order to be able to play again. Embrace life at once!

Lol. You make me laugh~

k, but on topic. This does kinda suck. There goes doing nothing on my long weekend. D:

Velocity 04-21-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supermousie (Post 3453696)
That's not very nice.

I thought that hackers would attempt at taking down Microsoft's servers because... Well, it's Microsoft. Then again, Microsoft has cutting edge (um.) detection and prevention systems, whereas Sony may not be as lucky.

You haven't been follow Sony's recent actions then.

supermousie 04-21-2011 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3453703)
You haven't been follow Sony's recent actions then.

Can I get a link explaining how Sony's fantastic anti-hack measures failed?

Velocity 04-21-2011 08:33 AM

Sony is using Prolexic. So even if Anon was DDoS'ing PSN, it wouldn't do anything. There's really nothing Anon can do to bring down PSN anymore if there still using Prolexic.

Patashu 04-21-2011 08:36 AM

I thought DDoSes were unstoppable because of being indistinguishable from legitimate access attempts? how does Prolexic get around that

supermousie 04-21-2011 08:50 AM

I would have lul'd if Anon managed a PDoS attack on the servers...
No hacker would DARE to try that here on FFR. Obviously because Tass said not to. And we have the added protection of a slightly lazy Velocity.

On track; if DoS's are almost completely undetectable, how in the name of all that is pony did they bring a massive network using Prolexic -which supposedly can identify attacks of that nature- to its knees? Perplexing.

Reincarnate 04-21-2011 09:02 AM

afaik all prolexic is is a statistical framework that tries to throttle out high-sigma traffic by determining via filtering how likely connections are to be part of a botnet

Velocity 04-21-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supermousie (Post 3453716)
On track; if DoS's are almost completely undetectable, how in the name of all that is pony did they bring a massive network using Prolexic -which supposedly can identify attacks of that nature- to its knees? Perplexing.

Wen Anon first started DDoSing Sony and related sites, they didn't have this initial protection, this made it quite easy to take down.

Anon has said that they don't want to affect PSN and it's users, but only after they noticed they were and stopped DDoSing them.

MrGiggles 04-21-2011 09:34 AM

Anonymous, so effective they can DDoS services without meaning to.

who_cares973 04-21-2011 09:51 AM

hahahahahahaahahahaha

supermousie 04-21-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGiggles (Post 3453728)

God you always manage to come up with a fantastically witty post that is both relevant and amuses me. I envy your epic.

Velocity 04-21-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGiggles (Post 3453728)

tru dat.

Anyway, if Sony has enough money to sue 2 people for hacking there system, they should have enough money to fix there service, eventually.

Edit:
Seems that both the PSN and Dev PSN are down, so it''s highly likely that there fixing PSN, for once.