Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Films and Television (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Foreign Films? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=93944)

Commandersa1 06-5-2008 10:55 PM

Foreign Films?

Does anyone here watch films that are not in their foreign language via subtitles?

If not then I would suggest it. Some of my favorite movies have been movies I did not understand the language. Tell me if you have heard of any of these movies, and please list movies that you have seen:

The Host
200 Pound Beauty
Taegukgi (Brotherhood of War) (Really good film)
My Sassy Girl(Sounds dumb, but it was surprisingly good) They are making an American version of it.

fido123 06-5-2008 11:00 PM

Re: Foreign Films?

I watched Death Note in Japanese only because I find voice actors for most translated series are done by 9 year olds who all sound like Ash Ketchum. The language is not what makes the movie good at all so I would rather just suggest good movies regardless of the language they're made in.

Sullyman2007 06-5-2008 11:00 PM

Letters From Iwo Jima is an excellent movie. It's a WWII but it's based off of a true story and it's from the perspective of a Japanese soldier, so you get to see things from their point of view. There is a version with English subtitles, but I watched the strickly Japanese version first.

sarahxjane 06-5-2008 11:11 PM

I watch all foreign films in their original language.
( Providing the DVD has it )

Anything from Japanese to Chinese to Korean, Russian, French -- you name it.

If there's English, I ignore it.

I am not fortunate enough to be fluent in another language to enjoy it without subtitles.

Thank god for DVD's and audio/subtitle capabilities.

I like The House Of Flying Daggers and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

I have seen so many foreign films however I do not enjoy many of them.

I have also heard of 200 Pound Beauty but I have not seen it.

Commandersa1 06-5-2008 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sullyman2007 (Post 2197804)
Letters From Iwo Jima is an excellent movie. It's a WWII but it's based off of a true story and it's from the perspective of a Japanese soldier, so you get to see things from their point of view. There is a version with English subtitles, but I watched the strickly Japanese version first.

Ah, I really wanted to see that movie, but I have not had the time to sit down and watch.

fido123, I did not say languages make a movie good or bad, but rather do not deter from seeing a movie just because you cannot understand the language.

200 Pound Beauty is a really good movie, in my opinion. I think you can categorize it as a comedy, and it has a nice ending.