Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Fighting Games Congregate (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=140618)

FF_rules 01-23-2015 03:34 PM

Fighting Games Congregate

I couldn't find a generalized chat for Fighting Games in this forum, only random posts with 1 or 2 responses, so I decided to make one for myself. Topic of conference: Fighting Games, finding people to play with on the forums, upcoming EVO 2015, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF_rules (Post 4268920)

If anyone was interested with Apex streams.

I mainly play with a fightstick and use a lag switch (/jk Hawaii net is real). If this thread actually kicks off and people want to play I use a single PSN and Steam (I'll post those later maybe). Library below

PS3:
Blazblue (I believe everything minus CS extend... the only one with tager being good)
Street Fighter 4 (and the dlc's up to ultra/omega)
Guilty Gear Xrd (ramlethal main)
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late
Skull Girls

PC: (steam)
Skull Girls

Tags: FGC , Street Fighter , BlazBlue , BB , Guilty Gear , GG Xrd , Tekken , Skull Girls , Persona Arena , P4AU , Under Night In Birth , UNIEL , Super Smash Bros 4 / melee , MvC , Mahvel , Marvel vs Capcom , Mortal Kombat , (Anything else I should add just tell me)

Suicidalfatman 01-23-2015 05:24 PM

Re: Fighting Games Congregate

I really don't play xbox any more to play fighting games, but I did enjoy

Darkstalkers
Tekken Tag 2
UMvC3
Blazblue Continuum Shift

Wii U
Smash Bros U

Steam
SKullgirls

Shamo0 01-25-2015 10:52 AM

This thread could be cool. I'm going to EVO2015. It should be awesome, plus it's pretty cool that it's in Las Vegas. should be super fun. Hopefully I place high.

My games of choice are Tekken Tag 2 and Ultra Street Fighter 4.

Here's the EVO2015 lineup of fighting games. EVO2015 is July 17-19.

Poison- 01-25-2015 10:53 AM

Melee

_Zenith_ 01-25-2015 10:58 AM

The only four fighting games I'll ever touch is:

Gamecube/Wii, Super Smash Bros Melee

Xbox 360/PS3, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Mortal Kombat

Oh, I also have a Streetfighting game on the PS2 called Def Jam: Fight for NY and that game is amazing.

Shamo0 01-25-2015 11:02 AM

They need to make a new Def Jam with new rappers like Meek Mill that shit would be so awesome.

Also if anyone is wondering EVO is like the biggest competitive thing since MLG.
EVO's Official Homepage

Most events like EVO are getting streamed via Twitch.tv just incase you can't make it in person. The next big upcoming Fighting game tournament event is called Apex and that's happening at the end of the month in New Jersey, however registration is already closed.

Also the fighting game community has been calling itself the FGC.

_Zenith_ 01-25-2015 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shamo0 (Post 4267143)
They need to make a new Def Jam with new rappers like Meek Mill that shit would be so awesome.

After Icon, I do not want Def Jam to make another game because Icon massacred the series.

It would be cool will more upcoming people, but still :p

Red Blaster 01-25-2015 12:34 PM

Any Street Fighter - Sakura/Charlie/Cammy
MvC2 - Predominantly Cpt. Commando.
Guilty Gear - Faust/May
Darkstalkers 2 - I'll fuck you up with Pyron.
Tekken Tag.
King of Fighters (Not so into this but my roommate got me playing it)
Soul Calibur 4 - Kilik mainly.

Poison- 01-25-2015 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shamo0 (Post 4267143)
Also if anyone is wondering EVO is like the biggest competitive thing since MLG.

What?

ItsOnlyDanO 01-25-2015 01:47 PM

I play a few fighting games but I'm generally not very good at them. I play:
Soul Calibur V (Cervantes)
Tekken6/Tag2 (Kazuya & Bob/Miguel)
UMvC3 (Nova is the only character I really know how to use, whoever else I use on team i'm horrible with)
SSFIV:AE (Balrog/Bison/Oni/Sagat, and I haven't really had an incentive to upgrade to ultra since I don't really know many people that own it)

Also i'm pretty hyped for tekken 7, trying to convnice the guy who runs the gaming society at my university to hold a tournament once it comes out

FF_rules 01-25-2015 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shamo0 (Post 4267138)
Hopefully I place high.
Ultra Street Fighter 4.

Dream big or go home; I like it. I have a few friends in my regular skype group who are planning to go and wreck people in GG/P4A and I think one of them is a regular Melee vet (Who I believe is trying to talk the other Melee vet into joining him).

I play at the casual level so it's whatever; If you want to body me in SF on PS3 send me a PM =p

Shamo0 01-25-2015 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poison- (Post 4267177)
What?

I'll explain clearer. EVO short for Evolution is a yearly event that involves high levels of fighting game tournament gameplay from competitors around the world. MLG short for Major League Gaming is a league where gaming competitions take place. EVO and MLG are similar but still different because EVO is not a league.

EVO2014 highlight video

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF_rules (Post 4267209)
I play at the casual level so it's whatever; If you want to body me in SF on PS3 send me a PM =p

Word I will, I've been playing Ultra on my PC mostly for now but when I get around my PS3 I'll send you an PSN add since I have Ultra for PS3 aswell.

_Zenith_ 01-25-2015 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shamo0 (Post 4267213)
I'll explain clearer. EVO short for Evolution is a yearly event that involves high levels of fighting game tournament gameplay from competitors around the world. MLG short for Major League Gaming is a league where gaming competitions take place. EVO and MLG are similar but still different because EVO is not a league.

EVO2014 highlight video

That isn't what he meant lmfao

Dan way to steal my Tag2 team :[

Red Blaster 01-25-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shamo0 (Post 4267213)

EVO2014 highlight video

Lol I don't think he was confused about what EVO and MLG are.

FF_rules 01-25-2015 03:12 PM

Hey Red do you play GGXrd? Heard BananaKen got bodied 6/0 (from winner bracket to fraud tier 2nd place) against a faust.

Edit: How do I post youtube vids here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StX-r5g87PM
Elphelt tech man... I remember people talking about it like a week after release but this is just dumb lol.
(Charged sniper shot is unblockable)
(Grenade on oki to get in block stun)
Add the two together for infinite cheese. (And bananaken lost to faust because he couldn't respect and block lol)

Red Blaster 01-25-2015 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF_rules (Post 4267220)
Hey Red do you play GGXrd? Heard BananaKen got bodied 6/0 (from winner bracket to fraud tier 2nd place) against a faust.

That's the newest one? Nope haven't played it yet.
Been thinking about getting it on ps4 but meh..have been in a console gaming slump recently.

Red Blaster 01-25-2015 03:21 PM

Infinite looping is such bs.

FF_rules 01-25-2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Blaster (Post 4267224)
Infinite looping is such bs.

Zato has one too with drills doesn't he? I got mines when the JP release first came out since I wasn't about waiting for the port release. I mainly use ramlethal so enjoy blocking low/high's like a standard fighting game and not worrying about anime unblockables lol.

Shamo0 01-25-2015 03:30 PM

My Tekken Tag 2 team is Asuka and Lili. Heres a tournament match that I was in in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. It was an online based tournament over at a forum called NeoGaf.

FF_rules 01-25-2015 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shamo0 (Post 4267230)
My Tekken Tag 2 team is Asuka and Lili. Heres a tournament match that I was in in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. It was an online based tournament over at a forum called NeoGaf.

How good is the community there? I don't use NeoGaf/Reddit/etc so I wouldn't know.

My Tekken Tag (1) team was Jin Jun.