Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Wiki (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=130945)

noname219 11-13-2013 04:10 PM

Re: FFR Wiki

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RARAWR (Post 4023514)
I figured I could help this wiki out, and I added a Tournaments article. It's still a work in progress and I plan on having the start date, number of rounds (if applicable) and victors of every tournament I can get my hands on. I also just threw some terms that were being tossed around recently, feel free to add/edit as you see fit.... RAWR!

-RARAWR

You could make one article per tournament. There's a lot of information we can add for each tournament and it will also make the page lighter. So far, the page looks good, might add some infos in the future.

RARAWR 11-13-2013 05:06 PM

Yea I didn't realize how massive the page would have to be until after I started throwing stuff in. That sounds like a better idea.

Viisbyxa 11-13-2013 06:53 PM

Hmm, thought I remembered posting in a topic about this before. Anyway, if you guys need any help with wikicode, making the wiki cooperate and stuff, or any code, I can help.

RARAWR 11-13-2013 09:12 PM

I'm debating on either placing the songs used for a tournament on its respective article, or making one article dedicated to all the songs used for official tournaments (tie breakers included) and just having the link to said article on each tournament page. Thoughts?....RAWR

-RARAWR

EzExZeRo7497 11-13-2013 09:18 PM

mfw exodia

RARAWR 11-13-2013 09:38 PM

Yugi=FFR Players
Kaiba=The song
DEAL WITH IT....RAWR!

-RARAWR

noname219 11-13-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RARAWR (Post 4023745)
I'm debating on either placing the songs used for a tournament on its respective article, or making one article dedicated to all the songs used for official tournaments (tie breakers included) and just having the link to said article on each tournament page. Thoughts?....RAWR

-RARAWR

Each song in the game will have their own article.
I'm currently adding all of them, if you wanna go ahead, you can add some, but they will get revised anyway.

RARAWR 11-13-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noname219 (Post 4023778)
Each song in the game will have their own article.
I'm currently adding all of them, if you wanna go ahead, you can add some, but they will get revised anyway.

I don't mean that I will add songs, I wanted to just make a article listing the songs used for rounds (odds are you have already added them). I think I'll just throw them into the Tournaments article now that I think about it, thanks for the response....RAWR!

-RARAWR

Edit: I finished the 2nd Official Tournament Page. If anyone has suggestions on altering this format let me know soon(ish). Since I'll be constructing other Tournament pages similarly.

YoshL 12-16-2013 09:20 PM

bump cause i was doing a bit of browsing

there's a japanese wiki for ffr?

http://www9.atwiki.jp/ffrwiki/pages/1.html

noname219 12-17-2013 08:32 AM

I managed to miss your post Yoshl until today \o/ Looks like there's some infos on how to get tokens, that's all there is. There's 12 pages total.

Also, I will probably involve credits (willing to give out 800,000) at some point in the future (could be a weekly salary for people that helps the wiki, unsure how I will do that honestly). If anyone wants to help btw but doesn't want to format stuff or add pictures, they can just drop bare text in this thread or directly in the wiki.

I've added nearly all the musicians in the last few days (yay), I'm adding some more informations atm + all the songs. Slowly taking shape. Still, a lot to do. :S

noname219 12-17-2013 10:03 AM

Did massive changes in the first post. List of pages is more complete and detailed. There are some missing things that could be added, but it looks good so far.

edit : Changed the homepage finally, will create some portal logos later

noname219 12-19-2013 06:52 AM

Hit a milestone today : 1000th article!

noname219 12-21-2013 05:02 AM

100,000 credits mini-contest

We need 4 portal logos for the wiki :

- FFR the Game
- Music
- Community
- Rhythm Games

- Any size will do fine (they can get resized at will), at least 300x300 pixels.
- Any shape.
- Any file format. (preferably png)
- They should be be easy to recognize at smaller sizes (when reduced to icons about 20x20 pixels)
- Try to keep an uniformity between them.

They will be displayed on the homepage. Anybody can submit their entry. The winner will get decided by a poll on January 5th. Send your entries on this thread.

gold stinger 12-21-2013 05:45 AM

holy shit noname. I can't keep up with your dedication :s

noname219 12-21-2013 08:15 AM

Thanks, trying my best not to turn crazy at the moment with all the stuff that needs to be added.

Btw, I made some super lazy ass temporary logos on the homepage to show and see exactly how they will appear.

noname219 12-22-2013 07:04 PM

Bump. Not sure a lot saw this :

Quote:

Originally Posted by noname219 (Post 4047421)
100,000 credits mini-contest

We need 4 portal logos for the wiki :

- FFR the Game
- Music
- Community
- Rhythm Games

- Any size will do fine (they can get resized at will), at least 300x300 pixels.
- Any shape.
- Any file format. (preferably png)
- They should be be easy to recognize at smaller sizes (when reduced to icons about 20x20 pixels)
- Try to keep an uniformity between them.

They will be displayed on the homepage. Anybody can submit their entry. The winner will get decided by a poll on January 5th. Send your entries on this thread.

noname219 01-15-2014 12:25 AM

No entries, no poll. Credits will be reserved for something else.

Dynam0 01-15-2014 12:31 AM

Keep up the awesome work that you've put into this. People may take this for granted now, but they will certainly appreciate this feature as the community matures and archival tools like this are increasingly important :)

noname219 01-15-2014 12:50 AM

Thanks! ;)

A lot of websites went down during the last year + Myspace that changed its layout and deleted tons of useful information. Loss of data is really the main concern I have atm.

In the next month, I will make an announcement concerning user pages (ie : adding your own page to the wiki). Don't do it yet, there are a few things I need to set up first.

noname219 01-19-2014 09:15 AM

Giving an example of how the musician pages will look like aftre everything is set up : http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/%C3%86on_Spoke

Sections of the page can include :
- History/Biography
- Musical style and influences
- Discography
- In-game songs (if there are any)
- Permission
- FFR career (if the musician has played FFR in past - very rare occurence)
- Personal life
- Trivia
- References
None of these sections are mandatory.

I will add some additional information to the musician template, so it will look like this :
- name (header)
- aka
- born
- formed
- from (if unsure of origin)
- member of (band or doujin for example)
- members
- genres
- label
- website
- reference
Bolded are the new features.

I also thought about how to manage user/musician pages. For example, CBR has a FFR and music career, so the musician template will take over the user template. The user template will be similar to the musician template except with less options :
- name (header)
- aka
- born
- from
- website
So if the FFR player if suddenly making music, you can easily change {{User by {{Musician and the page won't appear broken. Categories are automated with templates, so you shouldn't have to bother with that.

The song template will get a few more options as well :
- name (header)
- originaltitle
- aka
- album
- composer (for classical artists and ost artists)
- musician
- performer (usually with classical artists)
- arranger (ie: for vg artist)
- song release date
- genre
- in game artist (what should appear on ffr)
- in game title (what should appear on ffr)
- level number
- step artist
- file release date
- song length
- difficulty
- note count
- nps
- bpm
- category
Again, bolded are the new options.

I will create more of these icons sooner or later :
- Reference (a neutral reference icon for everything that doesn't fit)
- deviantArt
- Classical Archives
- Beatport
- Youtube will be modified
- All others appears ok
I'm taking commissions for these, so if any of you are seeing websites I haven't covered yet (twitch, livestream, snapchat, random music communities, thirdstyle, etc.)

Finally, I'm planning to move the blanket and limited artist permissions links into each of their own page and create categories for them, like this. This will be a huge improvement, it will be easier to add a new artist to the permission list (as no manual manoeuvre will be necessary). It will help with the current permission thread - which is hard to maintain and keep it updated...

Any comment/addition you would like to see is appreciated.