Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Wiki (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=130945)

Velocity 07-13-2013 04:28 PM

Re: FFR Wiki
 
We do have a permission db, but it's a few months old at this point and I don't have the script that parsed that thread.

noname219 07-13-2013 05:50 PM

Re: FFR Wiki
 
Woops, the more I think about it, we should have "originaltitle" listed for every song.

I did make a database for artists on the website : http://rateyourmusic.com/lists/list_...=100&start=300
There's some useful additional information. (and more importantly, links)

Btw Netjet, if you read this, an administator cannot add somebody else to another group, only a bureaucrat can do this. So, I think it's safe to put Velocity (NSSVelocity) admin. :P

Netjet! 07-13-2013 09:52 PM

Re: FFR Wiki
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by noname219 (Post 3938400)
Btw Netjet, if you read this, an administator cannot add somebody else to another group, only a bureaucrat can do this. So, I think it's safe to put Velocity (NSSVelocity) admin. :P

Done. Let me know if you need anything else.

gold stinger 07-13-2013 10:28 PM

Re: FFR Wiki
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Netjet! (Post 3938485)
Done. Let me know if you need anything else.

A front page post.



also add stubs pl0x

Netjet! 07-13-2013 10:38 PM

Re: FFR Wiki
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 3938497)

also add stubs pl0x

stubs are able to be used with {{stub}} on the page


and lol, talk to velo if you'd like a front page post :D

gold stinger 07-13-2013 10:46 PM

Re: FFR Wiki
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Netjet! (Post 3938510)
stubs are able to be used with {{stub}} on the page


and lol, talk to velo if you'd like a front page post :D

just added {{stub}} to all the musician and song pages, so people can know where help is needed on the website.

popsicle_3000 07-13-2013 11:18 PM

Re: FFR Wiki
 
this will be cool

21992 07-14-2013 12:12 AM

Re: FFR Wiki
 
I'm not sure how to contribute but I would post the Blanket Artist Permissions ASAP

gold stinger 07-14-2013 12:16 AM

Re: FFR Wiki
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 21992 (Post 3938578)
I'm not sure how to contribute but I would post the Blanket Artist Permissions ASAP

I'm actually working on the page for it right now, while I believe noname is still working on getting all the artists out there on their own page.

noname219 07-14-2013 12:47 AM

Re: FFR Wiki
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 3938582)
I'm actually working on the page for it right now, while I believe noname is still working on getting all the artists out there on their own page.

Nothing prepared on my side for this. If someone feels like helping... ;)

Btw, I'm having some troubles when there's two different versions for the same song (ex: Nothing's Gonna Stop Me)
I just can't get the song template to work the way I want :



Just need to have one big infobox for the two versions, using parser function "if" for each line so that they won't appear if there's no text in the cell.
If somebody's at ease with wiki code...

gold stinger 07-14-2013 12:53 AM

Re: FFR Wiki
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by noname219 (Post 3938629)
Nothing prepared on my side for this. If someone feels like helping... ;)

Btw, I'm having some troubles when there's two different versions for the same song (ex: Nothing's Gonna Stop Me)
I just can't get the song template to work the way I want :

Just need to have one big infobox for the two versions, using parser function "if" for each line so that they won't appear if there's no text in the cell.
If somebody's at ease with wiki code...

Netjet 2 da rescu
also, quick question: do you happen to know the author's in particular that are left out of this Blanket permission post?
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=121825
Would hate having to write out your list completely, brand new when I can copy & paste the one from the forums here.

noname219 07-14-2013 01:12 AM

Re: FFR Wiki
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 3938638)
Netjet 2 da rescu
also, quick question: do you happen to know the author's in particular that are left out of this Blanket permission post?
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=121825
Would hate having to write out your list completely, brand new when I can copy & paste the one from the forums here.

Made one I think you can use : http://pastebin.com/Pkn8GPie
From the blanket permission thread + ffr song list.

edit : starting to make some redirect pages than sleep
edit2 : if anybody wonders, I'll probably work on that logo tomorrow + work around with the templates to make the colors fit with ffr

gold stinger 07-14-2013 01:22 AM

Re: FFR Wiki
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by noname219 (Post 3938646)
Made one I think you can use : http://pastebin.com/Pkn8GPie
From the blanket permission thread + ffr song list.

edit : starting to make some redirect pages than sleep

fuck it sleep night zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Netjet! 07-14-2013 01:24 AM

Re: FFR Wiki
 
Working on that conditional infobox, give me a few

Netjet! 07-14-2013 02:01 AM

Re: FFR Wiki
 
Alright, I edited the code for the infobox "song" template, and added if parses to ensure the first group of rows (Song Information section) only shows when there are inputted values. So for your "Nothing's Gonna Stop Me" page, that section only shows for V1 now.

EDIT: Have to figure out how to hide the "Song Information bar" without the other 2px blue layer showing as well. I'll look at that tomorrow.

Pseudo Enigma 07-14-2013 02:12 AM

Re: FFR Wiki
 
All for this project. I don't have knowledge of anything special, but it seems more useful than the Dictionary/etc. threads no one seems to look at.

edit: I mean, I could lend a hand if you guys want a profile section in the wiki for specific details..but it's not that important..

gold stinger 07-14-2013 02:13 AM

Re: FFR Wiki
 
finished doing the blanket artist permissions but left out the limited artist permissions because the amount of links in it were too much for wikia.

Tried posting it and got caught by the spam/phising filter, which wouldn't let me post it and put up a false positive complaint on their complaints board.

the full post of it can be found here on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/88GFnHm3


Going to sleep now, see if they will respond to it in the morning.

Netjet! 07-14-2013 02:16 AM

Re: FFR Wiki
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 3938677)
finished doing the blanket artist permissions but left out the limited artist permissions because the amount of links in it were too much for wikia.

Tried posting it and got caught by the spam/phising filter, which wouldn't let me post it and put up a false positive complaint on their complaints board.

the full post of it can be found here on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/88GFnHm3


Going to sleep now, see if they will respond to it in the morning.

two ways you can do this:

a) paste info in chunks so you dont get caught by the filter - edit the page and add more a few times until it's all there. Not sure if there's a character limit though?

b) If there's a char. limit, we can have a sectional sort of setup for it, with alphabetical pages for artists

bmah 07-14-2013 02:20 AM

Re: FFR Wiki
 
Would someone put the Songs page as a listing in the General Information section? I suppose it's a pretty main component.

gold stinger 07-14-2013 10:08 AM

Re: FFR Wiki
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Netjet! (Post 3938681)
two ways you can do this:

a) paste info in chunks so you dont get caught by the filter - edit the page and add more a few times until it's all there. Not sure if there's a character limit though?

b) If there's a char. limit, we can have a sectional sort of setup for it, with alphabetical pages for artists

neither of those seem to be the problem, it seems there is some sort of traffic limit for links or glass ceiling to posting on the same page. It used to freeze up at P-Z for song authors, but now I'm half-way down P (which I couldn't post before). Really don't want to resort to having 2 different articles for the permissions ><

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3938685)
Would someone put the Songs page as a listing in the General Information section? I suppose it's a pretty main component.

lol we don't even have a page yet for all the songs in-game. I'm working on Blanket Artist Permissions right now.

and they didn't even respond to me in the complaints forum.




Edit: I did something naughty.



the number is only supposed to go up to 15 in the subsection catagory


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution