Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Wiki (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=130945)

gold stinger 07-11-2013 05:16 PM

Re: FFR Wiki ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by noname219 (Post 3937260)
I've done a template for each song : http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Song
(Nothing too fancy because I've never done this before.)

Also album/packs/token information will probably be included as text since they don't really concern every song.

Currently doing a template for musicians...

Appreciate it. Was going to get around to that next, but I see you beat me to it.

>yfw a page for every artist and song in FFR

EDIT: Finished the FFR Standalone page.

noname219 07-11-2013 06:38 PM

Re: FFR Wiki ?
 
Template for Musician is done : http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Musician

It definitely needs some more work : no separation between the entries, if there's no pic some stuff appears...

gold stinger 07-11-2013 07:10 PM

Re: FFR Wiki ?
 
boom



now it doen't look like shit, however I gotta get onto other things. Spent quite an amount of time working on it, gotta go do other things.
If you want to contribute go ahead. If you have no idea what to contribute, I left some articles open under the R^3 article that can be added to. If not, I'll just get around to them.

Crazyjayde 07-11-2013 07:22 PM

Re: FFR Wiki ?
 
OMG simple but perfect. *_*

cedolad 07-11-2013 07:22 PM

Re: FFR Wiki ?
 
Hey if you guys need an editor, my English is quite alright :D

gold stinger 07-11-2013 07:24 PM

Re: FFR Wiki ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cedolad (Post 3937326)
Hey if you guys need an editor, my English is quite alright :D

hired

cedolad 07-11-2013 07:26 PM

Re: FFR Wiki ?
 
Cool, I'm taking a look at the Notable Staff Members page, and for Tass' section, all the italics I'm assuming are supposed to be links to the posts on Tass' blog explaining what happened with FFR and what not?

gold stinger 07-11-2013 07:29 PM

Re: FFR Wiki ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cedolad (Post 3937329)
Cool, I'm taking a look at the Notable Staff Members page, and for Tass' section, all the italics I'm assuming are supposed to be links to the posts on Tass' blog explaining what happened with FFR and what not?

no idea, they were there when I added pics and a short couple sentences for bmah and arcnmx.
added achievements so that it encourages more people to jump on board and edit.

noname219 07-11-2013 07:31 PM

Re: FFR Wiki ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 3937321)
boom



now it doen't look like shit, however I gotta get onto other things. Spent quite an amount of time working on it, gotta go do other things.
If you want to contribute go ahead. If you have no idea what to contribute, I left some articles open under the R^3 article that can be added to. If not, I'll just get around to them.

Background is nice.
Logo might need some more extra work. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedolad (Post 3937326)
Hey if you guys need an editor, my English is quite alright :D

If you want, you can check Template:Song under Guidelines. My grammar isn't that great. (I'm working on Template:Musician atm, wait til I finish the page)

cedolad 07-11-2013 07:31 PM

Re: FFR Wiki ?
 
Hmm. Well I'm going to browse around for a minute, find any notable errors and correct them.

If that page was already there, I'm going to re-write the Synth and Tass section. Most likely the Velo section as well.

gold stinger 07-11-2013 07:35 PM

Re: FFR Wiki ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cedolad (Post 3937333)
Hmm. Well I'm going to browse around for a minute, find any notable errors and correct them.

If that page was already there, I'm going to re-write the Synth and Tass section. Most likely the Velo section as well.

please do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noname219 (Post 3937331)
Background is nice.
Logo might need some more extra work. ;)

Of course. Was thinking transparency, but then I was like "Fuck it. Gonna take too long I gotta get ready to leave for tonight D:"

noname219 07-11-2013 07:57 PM

Re: FFR Wiki ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 3937334)
Of course. Was thinking transparency, but then I was like "Fuck it. Gonna take too long I gotta get ready to leave for tonight D:"

Will probably work on the logo later unless somebody does it before me.

I changed some few things on the R^3 Engine page. Replaced some external links by internal links instead and changed the name of the page.

noname219 07-11-2013 10:59 PM

Re: FFR Wiki ?
 
Made some app-inspired icons for the wiki.






More to come.

gold stinger 07-11-2013 11:06 PM

Re: FFR Wiki ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by noname219 (Post 3937472)
Made some app-inspired icons for the wiki.






More to come.

beautiful.

Thinking more in-depth about your artist and song templates, would it be even possible to make a page for every artist we've gained permissions for AND every individual song in the game? I could create a similar "token" system to encourage people to work on these for badge points, just like they did in the FFRRPG awhile back, but I'm not sure how everyone would feel about that and would like to hear what you guys would think of that.

New songs come out every week, so it gives something for people to work on and populate the wiki, as well as provide tips on hitting tricky patterns in the song and advice for the song. Also, it's all listed, and I'm sure we can put those as subsections or redirect's under their appropriate genre's. (with artists being subsections or redirect's for limited and blanket permissions...)

Just a thought.

noname219 07-11-2013 11:36 PM

Re: FFR Wiki ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 3937473)
Thinking more in-depth about your artist and song templates, would it be even possible to make a page for every artist we've gained permissions for AND every individual song in the game?

I already planned to build a page for every individual song in the game.
A page for every artist we've gained permission is a good idea, but I want to start with artists in the game atm. Maybe someone else could start on his side, I dunno.

Quote:

I could create a similar "token" system to encourage people to work on these for badge points, just like they did in the FFRRPG awhile back, but I'm not sure how everyone would feel about that and would like to hear what you guys would think of that.
This seems like a bit too much of effort to me. People usually contact an artist because they like the music and/or think the music could fit well in a rhythm game. Gaining a virtual prize is nice, but the motivation rely more on the interest for the music.

Velocity 07-12-2013 02:31 AM

Re: FFR Wiki ?
 
I'll update things that I know are wrong when I see them, but if you need any information I'll try my best to answer it.

Netjet! 07-12-2013 02:50 AM

Re: FFR Wiki ?
 
Here's some template stuff listed on the wikia site. You guys are doing an awesome job by the way, and I'll gladly help where I can. :)

YoshL 07-12-2013 08:52 AM

Re: FFR Wiki ?
 
The timing window page, whoever wrote that, someone needs to fix it like crazy

keep in mind when writing a wiki page, that you're not writing to people who know the game in and out. Good background information would be the 30FPS of the game for frames. Also, grammar. keep correct tense please

finally, "Jack Syndrome"

that's...i'm almost like 95% sure that's not the correct term for this..

Crazyjayde 07-12-2013 10:04 AM

Re: FFR Wiki ?
 
Shouldn't we remove the interrogation point for the thread title now? :P

gold stinger 07-12-2013 10:30 AM

Re: FFR Wiki ?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 3937610)
The timing window page, whoever wrote that, someone needs to fix it like crazy

keep in mind when writing a wiki page, that you're not writing to people who know the game in and out. Good background information would be the 30FPS of the game for frames. Also, grammar. keep correct tense please

finally, "Jack Syndrome"

that's...i'm almost like 95% sure that's not the correct term for this..

Fixed it up quite a bit. Still don't remember the correct term, because I don't think it's avmiss.
Edit: Re-reading the article tells it is avmiss. changed.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution