Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 194 - Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151853)

Hakulyte 04-29-2020 11:11 PM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4728160)
Right...

So how’s that different to what xiz did?

Xiz had too many layers of chaos for this game at this point imo.

I think it would have been really hard to move forward with the game without doing that.

Even at this point, I don't understand half of his game.

leetic 04-29-2020 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727470)
DBP pulling a Precarious here on the mad mechanics is meh
oh he's self aware about it. -"I hate that so many of my posts have been about this but I think it's important to establish the "why"" - this is honestly fair. even reading up, I could see myself getting caught in the argument of lynching inactives D0 vs going after active wolves, so I can relate to getting caught in it while hating that its consuming my time
#387 "I was gonna wait for Xiz to come back but I'll just elaborate on this now " good intro to a good catch on the SK thing. the only peeps thinking about SK before a flip are usually woofs tryna fish.
#420 yup yup yup DBP might be good after all
#832 vote on psycho seems to be following up on voting inactives and following Xiz. EoD -43m
Jessie
#805 jessie has had very few posts til this point. her posts contributing a relevant thought can be counted on one hand. this interaction struck me as odd for some reason so I'm including it here, starting with #805 to FG "What changed your mind?" wrt to unvoting Ulle (then "you do you, I guess" as an aside in response to FG's vote switch onto her) -> FG responds, "she won't be around" -> jess, "I mean I guess that’s okay for D0, but if you genuinely think someone is a wolf later on in the game, I don’t think them not being here for EOD should save them." -> FG, "I agree"

Cut out all parts not related to the two we're interested, you can check out this post on your own if you want to see the rest. DBP is the only one who was not bolded, which is weird. The progression on him is weird, first flakiness, then saying he's good, then townreading for following through on lynching inactives? Jessie is saved for last, and he makes absolutely no judgement on her. The fact that he felt the need to even mention Jessie in the first place feels like CWAC, and strengthens my read of the two as partners.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727488)
That's pretty close, actually. I've only partially skimmed this phase, so I can't fully answer that buuuut

I think at this point I think Dusk is the scummiest barring slots that will resolve themselves.

As for the other two,
I'm really not sure about Jessie 'cause she's posted so little, but it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. She had little real content last phase, and what there was wasn't exactly insightful. FG thinks she's scummy which may be a good sheep given the check, but I'd pursue Dusk first.

DBP this phase seems better than DBP last phase, and I didn't have much against him last phase so I don't think I'd include him here yet.

I'd put Xiz well above DBP in terms of my suspicion. I really didn't like him last phase or believe his claim too much, but it does exist un-counterclaimed by either a different claim or the setup Letters, so I think it may be wise to give him more time until a contradiction in possible worlds appears.

You were aware of the postcount requirement or aware that psycho was below it?
but fair point, it ended up being a good thing that the lynch didn't fall on leetic.

Talks about jessie in a "kind of shading, but not actually putting in any real danger of a lynch" way. Also mentions DBP again for what it's worth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727516)
why not dusk?

Response to FG suggesting to lynch jessie. At this point, the defense feels a little shameless, but considering no wolves have died yet I wouldn't be surprised.

I would like to note that Shado has never tried to actively prod or interact with jessie, so this defense feels even more weird.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727823)
Holy shit the Xiz debacle really escalated

of note is DBP waiting it out (or maybe IRL stuff came up?), MML (and later DBP) pushing Xiz on a bluff because his claimed role doesn't give him anymore info, FG having ideas I wanna talk about later, and... and Duskfall.

In the midst of the meltdown and the threats of outing shit and yada yada, my man here goes:

Talks about DBP but doesn't really take it anywhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727876)
when did you ask me about Xiz? I'm reading, chill your beans fam

if you must know, I don't like either of the wagons right now. as far as I've read, I haven't seen anything from DBP meriting a lynch. Is his playstyle different in terms of posting more during the phase itself and less trying to control EoD? yes. Do I think it's AI? No. I like that change. I know DBP has historically been stressed thinking people *needed* him to come in at EoD and hero mode it to save town, so seeing him put it to the backburner is a welcome change. everything I've read of him so far has been aight.

Xiz I've commented on extensively in my posts thus far. I think can be resolved later as more claims come in, though after reading his more recent meltdown and recovery, I'm beginning to think his presence alone is gonna split town even if he may be town himself. I don't think there's much he can do at this state to convince certain people that he's truly town, so he'll be an easy mislynch later on if people let emotions make their decisions when claims come in and mechanical lynches becomes more crucial.

So between the two, I'd lynch Xiz over DBP if it comes to it.

I'd much rather we lynch duskfall. Say what you will about D0 reads, but I think that over and over and over again his posts dripped scumminess too many times for me to let it go. I think you can tell alignment from even one post if it betrays the underlaying intention enough, and I think his posts do that. my thoughts there are outlined in my bigger post about D0 as well.

I'm also really hesitant on accepting FG's green. A godfather almost certainly exists in this setup, and I'm normally really good at reading her. In all the games I've played with her, I don't think I've ever mislynched her as town and the one time she was wolf I caught her D0 and pushed for her lynch thru the following day phase. Aside from this phase where she's seemed more normal (perhaps due to the green check), she's really been off to me. My thoughts there are outlined in my big post from yesterday.

More defense of DBP. His stances on Xiz and FG also don't look that great from hindsight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727927)
Xiz your latest fixation with FG stinks of another bigbrained plot and I can't deal with another. Please stop.

oh yeah jess exists. that's a fine lynch too, esp since it's become clear no one wants to follow me on Dusk

A grand total of eighteen minutes before EoD. The momentum against Xiz was just significantly stronger than the momentum against jessie at that point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727955)
Fine. I want Jessie to answer for herself tomorrow because I hate the absolute uncertainty of her slot

I'm gonna vote Xiz to be done with the whole nonsense

Were you ever not going to vote Xiz? That is the question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4727975)
she's not getting lynched 'cause she's not here to speak up and account for herself and her slot.

also the tone of your last sentence and your first line don't line up for me

The tone doesn't sound like someone who thinks jessie is a fine lynch. Can we say flipflop?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4728131)
aight

I'm not one for dwelling on nightkills buut I don't like that kill

the actual cause is endless wifom but it doesn't bode well in any case

does anyone else who said clearing up the Xiz question was necessary feel like maybe it wasn't necessary after all? 'cause like, I got no satisfaction from that lynch

You said you wanted jessie to answer for herself tomorrow, yet no mention of her in your opening post?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4728133)
jessiebessie

hey jess, when you get here can you talk about anyone you feel confident about in either direction? like people you have a good feeling about or a bad feeling and why

I get that you're moving, but there's only one reason you didn't get lynched yesterday and that isn't going to be enough to skate by on this time if you don't give us enough to read you by

Okay, now you're talking about jessiebessie...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4728137)
not liking anything rn.

I'm with you on lynching from the Xiz wagon. it's clear that wolves are steering this game, which is making me cut down my town pile to near nil

I'm looking hardest in DBP's direction for being the one name on the Xiz wagon that I think could've orchestrated and carried out a lynch like that, and I'll admit I probably let him float more than I should've based on liking his push on xiz earlier on

not gonna lie, I'm also tinfoiling on you pretty hard. your playstyle's been super different than the town!FFA I'm used to, and while I like the change and love the more serious approach, it's much harder to read you than it used to be.

...But you want to lynch on the Xiz wagon. Which jessie is conveniently not a part of. Yeah.

I mean, someone provide me with an argument as to why Shado and jessie are not partners, because it is not looking good.

flashflash account 04-29-2020 11:30 PM

is shado/jess/dbp a compatible team iyo?

Hakulyte 04-29-2020 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4728165)
The fact that he felt the need to even mention Jessie in the first place feels like CWAC, and strengthens my read of the two as partners.

What's CWAC ? I probably forgot what it means if it was said before.

Quote:

I mean, someone provide me with an argument as to why Shado and jessie are not partners, because it is not looking good.

I think you bring good points. I hope Jess/Shado respond to this.

flashflash account 04-29-2020 11:33 PM

contributing without actually contributing

leetic 04-29-2020 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728166)
is shado/jess/dbp a compatible team iyo?

For now, yes. I'll have to look more into DBP's end of things to be sure, since Shado/jessie could have used DBP as a strong town member on their side rather than a partner. But Shado/jessie have low thread presence on their own, and in order to create a comfortable thread position for themselves they'd need a more active wolf. DBP fits the bill.

flashflash account 04-29-2020 11:34 PM

great. you should vote dbp

ShadoWolfe 04-29-2020 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4728050)
My tone is super towny and i have no agenda

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4728052)
exactly

lmao I just wanna say that, as frustrating as this attitude can be, it's somehow making my night rn with how much fun you seem to be having

ShadoWolfe 04-29-2020 11:52 PM

also I'm back for the night. just wanna share real quick that I realized while tucking the kids in that the boy had gotten ahold of the tablet passcode and charged my card $50 for a shitty minecraft clone :O
kthx for listening

flashflash account 04-29-2020 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4728172)
also I'm back for the night. just wanna share real quick that I realized while tucking the kids in that the boy had gotten ahold of the tablet passcode and charged my card $50 for a shitty minecraft clone :O
kthx for listening

oh no

leetic 04-30-2020 12:11 AM

Apparently my post on DBP "requires moderator approval", so who knows if we'll see it. Anyway, I think the evidence that DBP is paired with Shado and jessie isn't as strong as the evidence that the latter two are paired with each other. There are some major red flags with the DBP/jessie pairing, though the fact that DBP has yet to show up means I can't make a judgement on whether DBP is setting up jessie for a lynch or if he plans to divert attention away from her. DBP does admittedly have many wolfy moments of his own though.

ShadoWolfe 04-30-2020 12:13 AM

Quote:

The tone doesn't sound like someone who thinks jessie is a fine lynch. Can we say flipflop?

Or someone who realized that C9++++++ is a terrible setup to lynch people without specific info from them. maybe discard your shade for a moment and re-read the same posts you quoted from a "shado is town" perspective and you'll start discerning why I let her go

Quote:

You said you wanted jessie to answer for herself tomorrow, yet no mention of her in your opening post?

Okay, now you're talking about jessiebessie...

I just gotta say, it's really fucking weird that you quoted my two posts back to back and then still wrote this out about them. Like, you clearly saw me following up to get her to answer, and still wrote out the first part of this? Why?

Quote:

...But you want to lynch on the Xiz wagon. Which jessie is conveniently not a part of. Yeah.

this game does not revolve around jessie. the gamestate very clearly indicates that wolves are controlling lynches / pushing mislynches. that points to the Xiz wagon as a good pool to lynch from. how much I want to lynch jessie is irrelevant to that. even if jessie was a definite wolf, there's still her team to find. surely you can see how its possible to simultaneously push someone while looking for a solution to the game?

flashflash account 04-30-2020 12:14 AM

try to strip the post of links, or chop it up into multiple smaller posts

flashflash account 04-30-2020 12:27 AM

wolfe, why were you not confident in jess last night

ShadoWolfe 04-30-2020 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728180)
wolfe, why were you not confident in jess last night

she hasn't given me squat to be confident about
only reason I backed off is 'cause she wasn't around to claim.

though tbqh even if she does claim something today it doesn't help her fmpov unless she posts enough actual content to give me a decent readd. It's gonna be tough regardless 'cause I think FG's the only one who can confidently read her, and FG ain't around to do it. we could also just sheep FG's read on her from earlier and nuke the slot...

flashflash account 04-30-2020 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4728181)
she hasn't given me squat to be confident about
only reason I backed off is 'cause she wasn't around to claim.

though tbqh even if she does claim something today it doesn't help her fmpov unless she posts enough actual content to give me a decent readd. It's gonna be tough regardless 'cause I think FG's the only one who can confidently read her, and FG ain't around to do it. we could also just sheep FG's read on her from earlier and nuke the slot...

you're entertaining sheeping funnygurl (conveniently ignoring a hypothetical red check) but you weren't doing so last time
if jess doesn't show up again today do you give the slot another pass?
what's the difference between today and yesterday? Why are you afraid to lynch the slot in case of claims, but then lynch the slot that actually did claim?

DaBackpack 04-30-2020 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728029)
if it is real, I also redchecked dbp last night

ffa if this is your idea of some galaxy brain play then come off it. If you are actually going to stick to this then you're dead fucking meat

but you are going to give a concrete answer TODAY. There is zero chance I'm going to let you mislynch me and then tomorrow say "haha guys I was just bluffing!!"

if I'm lynched, you are going to die tomorrow. period. any it looks like you almost let that happen already.

DaBackpack 04-30-2020 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728038)
already at L-1 lol

if you're town, good fucking job Einstein

otherwise this reads as gloating

DaBackpack 04-30-2020 12:59 AM

so yeah, are you gonna stick with that red check or not? do it, I fucking dare you

flashflash account 04-30-2020 01:00 AM

hey there
I'm not claiming cop

but if I am the cop, you're the one who's dead meat lol

there's no reason for me to reaction test this
your answer is always the same, so why bother