Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Contested Chart Difficulties (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   MAX Forever [8 or 9] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121910)

Elite Ninja 01-4-2012 12:12 PM

MAX Forever [8 or 9]

I am a little surprised that a thread hasn't been made for this one yet but here it is.

MAX Forever takes lots of consistency to score well on and has slow paced trills (including one handed trills for spread players) that are hard to stay consistent on. The length of it makes it a 9 as it is almost 6 minutes long and has over 2500 arrows (2709 to be exact).

I have heard lots of people wanting to move this up to a 9.

Discuss your opinion. I think people could come up with more reasons that I didnt add to this.

sakura080789 01-4-2012 12:16 PM

Re: MAX Forever [8 or 9]

i consider this to be a 9 only cause the trills are annoying and it takes decent consistency to perfect them

YoshL 01-4-2012 12:17 PM

honestly, i think this should stay at a high 8. Yes, it's long as hell and annoying to AAA but...the patterns are so easy, that IMO wouldn't fit as a 9

bmah 01-4-2012 12:22 PM

I'd say MAX Forever is a 9 when you not only consider the length (marathon-length song) but also the trill patterns. So you need to have consistency in two aspects: the song's duration, and repetitive patterns sustained for a lengthy period of time (the trills for instance, whether they're one-handed or not). While song length doesn't usually take a big role in the difficulties of most songs, this one significantly does.

And statistically of course, this is usually the last song veterans tend to AAA as far as VDs are concerned.

krunkykai22 01-4-2012 12:25 PM

Nah Yoshl I really think this should be bumped to a 9. Think about it, the song Seven gets you ONI (Heavy) and is cake compared to this file. The length factored in with the trills and color notes (yes even though its just 2 colors) it still gets tricky. +1 for MF to be a 9.

hobgoblinpie 01-4-2012 12:26 PM

The patterns aren't tricky to read, but the one-handed trills are annoying if you don't have the speed (for a while I would just hit both arrows like a delayed jump - timed in between each arrow so I'd get goods for both) to hit them accurately.

Due to length & one-handed trills (which aren't exactly short trills either), I'd say move it up to a 9.

alloyus 01-4-2012 12:37 PM

Just played for the first time in a couple of years just for this thread. I think it should remain an 8 (high-end). Even though it's long, the speed of the song is slower than some other hard 8's (for example Harry Potter Techno Remix).

Just played Seven, too. I actually find it to be more difficult than this. It's 10 BPM slower, but it's jumpstream, something a lot of newer players struggle with.

YoshL 01-4-2012 12:51 PM

"You need such consistency on this song to AAA it"

*ahem*

You honestly need consistency on every single song to score well on them.
the only exceptions are like, synth files (LOL SSSG) which should be somewhere like FGO because you purposefully have to be inconsistent with your timings.

basically, yes, consistency and length are one thing, but it's nothing when really, the patterns are really easy.

TheSaxRunner05 01-4-2012 01:06 PM

If world tour is an FMO, then Max Forever is a 9

YoshL 01-4-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 (Post 3606326)
If world tour is an FMO, then Max Forever is a 9

The thing is, world tour is filled with mostly VC stuff, with that FMO bit at the end. It still has those patterns, as does Crowdpleaser. Max Forever doesn't have 9 patterns that i can see at all.

wildfireskunk 01-4-2012 01:14 PM

I think it's worthy as a 9. Not a touch 9, but for an 8 it's really tough! Keeping your consistency for that long, and those one handed trills, for an 8...

Certainly a 9 :)

Zageron 01-4-2012 01:16 PM

It might be difficult to consistently PA but the song is incredibly easy, and does not deserve 9 status.

*opinion*

TheSaxRunner05 01-4-2012 01:21 PM

The patterns alone make Max Forever an 8. But, in the new TP system (CANT WAIT!) looser restrictions are given to it for TP simply because if it's length. Songs which are Excessively long are given special consideration as being more difficult. Also, there are high 10's with patterns as dense as the end of World Tour (it falls in that fuzzy line between high 10 and low 11, but is definitely and FMO for it's length).

/2c

TC_Halogen 01-4-2012 01:21 PM

Max Forever is a lot of 10 NPS stream. Sustaining 10 note per second runs isn't common in level 8 charts, especially with runs of that length.

Personally, it can go either way, but I'd much rather see it as a 9 simply for length (although, this is somewhat of a hypocritical opinion, considering Blue Army is well over 5 minutes and has a ton of streaming...).

qqwref 01-4-2012 01:23 PM

Any individual section is an 8, but if you want to FC or AAA, it's definitely as hard as a 9. If we're looking at FC/AAA difficulty, it should be placed in the 9 category.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 3606333)
the song is incredibly easy, and does not deserve 9 status.

Maybe it should be put as a 1 then? Just sayin'.

Zageron 01-4-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3606339)
Max Forever is a lot of 10 NPS stream. Sustaining 10 note per second runs isn't common in level 8 charts, especially with runs of that length.

Personally, it can go either way, but I'd much rather see it as a 9 simply for length (although, this is somewhat of a hypocritical opinion, considering Blue Army is well over 5 minutes and has a ton of streaming...).

And blue army is considerably more difficult IMO.
I'm not sure if adding my opinion in this forum is going to be helpful as I play 1h3f, which alters the pattern difficulty ratings considerably.

bmah 01-4-2012 01:29 PM

I think full-comboing a song without mashing is a decent parameter to measure overall difficulty. AAAing a song represents only a small portion of the community and doesn't represent a song's overall difficulty. And unlike most other rhythm games such as DDR, passing a song is just about a non-issue for any song on FFR, so you can't represent a song's difficulty this way either.

ic0slay3r 01-4-2012 02:12 PM

Nothing about the song is really that difficult, but the consistency needed to AAA or FC makes me think it should be bumped to a 9.

alloyus 01-4-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 3606342)
I'm not sure if adding my opinion in this forum is going to be helpful as I play 1h3f, which alters the pattern difficulty ratings considerably.

I actually think it's valid to get perspectives from different playing files, especially in this case. Not that my one-handed skills are better than two-handed, but this song was a lot easier than other 8's when I used to use one hand to play, and a lot of people who just start, especially if they don't really know about playing styles, either go for index or one hand, both of which make this song far easier than if someone at the same skill, but uses two hands, played.

Xx{Midnight}xX 01-4-2012 02:47 PM

Chart wise, this song is an offsync 8. The trills while being one handed are honestly not that bad. But because of the length and how many there are my vote is a 9.

But if anything else is EASIER than this - it should probably be moved to an 8. If this chart is made a 9 this chart needs to be considered the easiest 9 because realistically aside from consistency this song is not hard.