Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152252)

marcsoad 08-24-2020 07:03 PM

How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank?

I just made a comeback after a 10 years break. My average, grandtotal and tier point ranking keep getting better. I have no clue how to get XP to have a better skill rating rank though.

SubaruPoptart 08-24-2020 07:10 PM

Re: How to get XP to have a better skill rating rank?

I peeped your dashboard and you appear to be lvl 36, pretty much how XP works is that if you get a "AAA equivalency" of around or above your current level, you're gonna get XP.

Specifically, if you go to your profile and go to the dropdown of "marcsoad's profile", there's a tab called "Top 100 scores". The top 15 scores of that will give you XP to some degree; so pretty much strive to get scores that result in AAA equivalency of above those numbers.

marcsoad 08-24-2020 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4741044)
I peeped your dashboard and you appear to be lvl 36, pretty much how XP works is that if you get a "AAA equivalency" of around or above your current level, you're gonna get XP.

Specifically, if you go to your profile and go to the dropdown of "marcsoad's profile", there's a tab called "Top 100 scores". The top 15 scores of that will give you XP to some degree; so pretty much strive to get scores that result in AAA equivalency of above those numbers.

Thanks for the fast reply! I'm on the page and there is AAA equivalency and weight? I don't understand how that sum up to 14.56 % XP. Basically do I need to AAA difficult song to get XP? There is bunch of song that I have good score that doesn't seem to give XP.

TheSaxRunner05 08-24-2020 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcsoad (Post 4741045)
Thanks for the fast reply! I'm on the page and there is AAA equivalency and weight? I don't understand how that sum up to 14.56 % XP. Basically do I need to AAA difficult song to get XP? There is bunch of song that I have good score that doesn't seem to give XP.

Currently if it's not in your top 15 scores as described above, it won't factor into your level.

SubaruPoptart 08-24-2020 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcsoad (Post 4741045)

So like- with the percentages in all honesty idek how that sums up to it; I'm guessing from the 15 scores that do have weight it all adds up to 100%, but don't quote me on that. :P

But to answer the question about having to AAA songs, it'd most certainly help if you got a AAA of a song at or above your level. You don't have to necessarily AAA songs to get XP, though. :P

For example, in the image here:

Your #15 score is 31.04 equiv, if you get any score that gives you higher than 31.04, it'll give you XP.

mi40 08-24-2020 07:49 PM

spicy meme sauce

marcsoad 08-24-2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4741047)
So like- with the percentages in all honesty idek how that sums up to it; I'm guessing from the 15 scores that do have weight it all adds up to 100%, but don't quote me on that. :P

But to answer the question about having to AAA songs, it'd most certainly help if you got a AAA of a song at or above your level. You don't have to necessarily AAA songs to get XP, though. :P

For example, in the image here:

Your #15 score is 31.04 equiv, if you get any score that gives you higher than 31.04, it'll give you XP.

How is the AAA equivalency calculated though? If I remember before this isn't the rank that was showing in the top right corner profile thumbnail or I had a huge drop because I was around the 3800 if I remember. Is it some kind of new ranking method?

Skullbac 08-24-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcsoad (Post 4741050)
How is the AAA equivalency calculated though? If I remember before this isn't the rank that was showing in the top right corner profile thumbnail or I had a huge drop because I was around the 3800 if I remember. Is it some kind of new ranking method?

It is calculated with some slightly complex math :

marcsoad 08-24-2020 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullbac (Post 4741053)
It is calculated with some slightly complex math :

Epic formula *drooling*. Is it new? Like I said I don't think this kind of ranking existed when I was active in the past...

Skullbac 08-24-2020 08:20 PM

The last update on skill rating was done in mid october 2016 and to this day is thought to be the most accurate calculation of skill.

marcsoad 08-24-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullbac (Post 4741055)
The last update on skill rating was done in mid october 2016 and to this day is thought to be the most accurate calculation of skill.

That is making sense. I believe they used the grand total before. Alright I need to step up my game. Unfortunately I learned with the keyboard arrow instead of the letter.

SK8R43 08-25-2020 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullbac (Post 4741055)

Eh I disagree with this. Level has nothing to do with skill, same goes for rank. My rank is 269 yet I'm usually always within the top 20 scores when new songs come out. So am I really 269th in skill? Not really. Lol

Seoulslayer 08-25-2020 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4741072)
Eh I disagree with this. Level has nothing to do with skill, same goes for rank. My rank is 269 yet I'm usually always within the top 20 scores when new songs come out. So am I really 269th in skill? Not really. Lol

Why do you feel the need to decry skill rating every time it is ever brought up? Basically everyone else agrees that it is a fairly accurate calculation of skill. The simplest explanation to the situation you just described is that almost nobody plays the new songs, as the active player base is very small. A lot of new songs don't even have 269 players.

SK8R43 08-25-2020 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seoulslayer (Post 4741076)
Why do you feel the need to decry skill rating every time it is ever brought up? Basically everyone else agrees that it is a fairly accurate calculation of skill. The simplest explanation to the situation you just described is that almost nobody plays the new songs, as the active player base is very small. A lot of new songs don't even have 269 players.

So if most people don't play the new songs, why should they be ranked higher than someone who does? I highly doubt there's even 100 active players above me. Plus, half of them could be alt accounts.
Skill should not be determined by 15 scores that you have gotten. Skill should be determined by active scores. Someone who gets 15 top scores like Myuka, then leaves the site forever shouldn't be ranked number 1 if others play consistently. It's basically like saying someone who was once good at something stays that way forever.

SputnikOwns 08-25-2020 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4741078)
So if most people don't play the new songs, why should they be ranked higher than someone who does? I highly doubt there's even 100 active players above me. Plus, half of them could be alt accounts.
Skill should not be determined by 15 scores that you have gotten. Skill should be determined by active scores. Someone who gets 15 top scores like Myuka, then leaves the site forever shouldn't be ranked number 1 if others play consistently. It's basically like saying someone who was once good at something stays that way forever.

I totally disagree. There's no such thing as 'active scores'.

SK8R43 08-25-2020 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SputnikOwns (Post 4741079)
I totally disagree. There's no such thing as 'active scores'.

There is though.

To add on to my point, someone could be extremely good at J's/hs and be total ass at every other pattern. Their top 15 scores could be all Js/hs file aaas and could put them at level 91. Why would they be ranked higher than, let's say a level 84 player who is all around good at every pattern? The system doesn't care about that, or active players.

gold stinger 08-25-2020 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4741072)

top 20 scores because no one has registered scores on it yet. Also, this is implying average rank, not skill rank.

Quote:

Show me where in your 'top 30' scores that you score 'consistently'.

Based on my interpretation of your argument, you should actually lose skill rating and drop in rank because your 'active scores' are worse than your top 30 lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4741081)
There is though.

To add on to my point, someone could be extremely good at J's/hs and be total ass at every other pattern. Their top 15 scores could be all Js/hs file aaas and could put them at level 91. Why would they be ranked higher than, let's say a level 84 player who is all around good at every pattern? The system doesn't care about that, or active players.

Not really an argument here unless you make a case for Grandtotal ranking taking the place for 'active players'. Doubt there's going to be a situation where the game just actively purges leaderboards because people aren't active. That moots the point of acknowledging really good scores on high levels of play for EVERYONE, regardless of their skill.

How about just play the songs that you're good at instead of complaining about others being good at a particular skillset different from your own?

Your arguments on ranking is basically boiling down to 'I play more than anyone else, therefore I should be on top of the leaderboard'. You are rank 21 in Average rank, and rank 4 in Grandtotal rank. That's absolutely devastating in comparison to a lot of people on the website, and merits their own bragging rights. But, wanting skill rank to be levied based on these other rankings is just not going to happen.

SoFast 08-25-2020 11:35 AM

Quote:

It's basically like saying someone who was once good at something stays that way forever.

No.. its basically saying if you were at that level before, you can be at that level again if you were to come back

Hakulyte 08-25-2020 11:43 AM

Sharing cheat sheet of most overrated songs in the game for D6.

BigHayden1 08-25-2020 12:48 PM

Quote:

i came from a roblox rhythm game and im one of the 100