Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145930)

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 02:33 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4492219)
I don't like how pushy he's been, but him being one of those early birds calling out Freezin's post makes me reconsider.

If I had to guess who's a wolf at the moment from just pure looking at how the game's been going right now.

Probably storn to be honest. He's been quiet, pipes up in the most controversial times at the moment. Also, this post.

I don't like it at all

why don't you like it? it came off to me as very reasonable, a rebuttal of freezin's analysis of him and then admits he's been playing bad

Charu 11-10-2016 02:37 PM

That's the thing, that he's okay with being read wolf

I hate that line so much. It's like... well then... if you don't care if you're being read wolf, then what's the point of you being in here? You'll just be cannon fodder for the wolves to use later, as has been proven from time and time again with storn.

Don't say it isn't true either. You know it's true, AA. You've done it before

Charu 11-10-2016 02:38 PM

Or maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Was it you that got storn lynched in that one game where he was trying to lazily defend himself while going "I completely agree with you."

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4492225)
Or maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Was it you that got storn lynched in that one game where he was trying to lazily defend himself while going "I completely agree with you."

I have no idea
To me accepting a scumread that you deserve isn't really a wolf tell, I know if I've been playing like shit and someone scumreads me for it then I take it cause I deserve it, it's just usually I don't think I play like shit

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 02:50 PM

I think a few isolated scumreads are ok to be ok with, as opposed to serious pressure mounting to a potential lynch. Storn has the former here

storn42 11-10-2016 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4492224)
That's the thing, that he's okay with being read wolf

I hate that line so much. It's like... well then... if you don't care if you're being read wolf, then what's the point of you being in here? You'll just be cannon fodder for the wolves to use later, as has been proven from time and time again with storn.

Don't say it isn't true either. You know it's true, AA. You've done it before

charu. Its not new that im okay with being woof read. like, its something i've said before as town (and probably as a woof too). The thing is, if someone reads me as a woof, thats normal. i get woof read a lot (especially by players who dont know my meta) and especially in a D0 situation where i've not had the greatest of starts. I know i was playing bad, and its my job to show people that im town by either defending myself or through further town actions.

and you're right. there was that game (one of my earliest ones) where i had accepted the fact that i was going to die and didn't defend myself. At the time there was no way i could have produced a successful defense so instead i went the more productive road and tried to help town all i could before i was lynched, and people saw me as more towny for it, and town realized just how stupid of a lynch it was the next day.

storn42 11-10-2016 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4492228)
I think a few isolated scumreads are ok to be ok with, as opposed to serious pressure mounting to a potential lynch. Storn has the former here

pretty much says it all.

TWG Ike 11-10-2016 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4492188)
Does wineandbread inherit juckter's vote on Charu since he replaced him?

-o24

he does, thanks for pointing this out
replacements always inherit the vote of the person they are replacing, assuming that the replaced person has cast a vote that day phase

if no vote has been cast, this is inherited as well

storn42 11-10-2016 03:08 PM

you ready for some serious hardcore tinfoil:

whenever charu rolls woof and i roll town, he always seems to mindmeld with me. therefore charu is town.

now some tinfoil for the tinfoil:

charu knows this and therefore is going to be strictly against me to make me think he's town!

FreezinIce 11-10-2016 03:12 PM

On phone so no quotes but....

Storm I dyslexia'd dbp as dfr. Sue me nerd.

One of Yoshls first posts was calling out AAs content, so nice selective memory.

Don't have time to reread all the other shit people have been flinging at me but like I already explained, i cut my reads list short mostly because I stopped caring enough to effort, and I guess that was for the best cause I still got pickled apart for it lol. The makings for a full post were there: introduction, chapter markers so you could ctrl + f through it, and chapter headings for the intro at least, if you cant accept my explanation then there's literally nothing else I can say and I won't waste my breath.

XelNya 11-10-2016 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4492195)
@ Xel recent post; that's still wifom at best, but I get where you're going.

I think you missed the point

XelNya 11-10-2016 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4492235)
you ready for some serious hardcore tinfoil:

whenever charu rolls woof and i roll town, he always seems to mindmeld with me. therefore charu is town.

now some tinfoil for the tinfoil:

charu knows this and therefore is going to be strictly against me to make me think he's town!

I needed a dose of cringe today, but you rolled wolf didn't you?

storn42 11-10-2016 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4492236)

Please kindly point to which one of these is dbp.

1) AragakiAyase
2) storn42
3) Yoshl
4) juckter1 wineandbread
5) roundbox
6) MixMasterLar
7) XelNya
8) psychoangel691 Precarious
9) Vendetta21
10) R.E. Aryxi Hakulyte
11) FreezinIce
12) ShadoWolfe
13) Pazzaz
14) Charu
15) Andy-o24
16) gold stinger
17) botchi246
18) danceflashrevo
19) _Zenith_
20) Tokzic

storn42 11-10-2016 03:20 PM

i then realized you probably meant me typing dbp and not you typing dfr.

FreezinIce 11-10-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4491257)
dbp. because thats the quality of read i can give right now. and yes the analogy does work.

Just shut up already

Hakulyte 11-10-2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4492237)
I think you missed the point

I'm pretty sure I did.
I'm refering to you moving from Arbys quotes to not having Arbys quotes anymore.
I'm curious about the change of playstyle, but that's not necessary alignment indicative at all.

Hakulyte 11-10-2016 03:58 PM

Quote:

One of Yoshls first posts was calling out AAs content, so nice selective memory.

Don't have time to reread all the other shit people have been flinging at me but like I already explained, i cut my reads list short mostly because I stopped caring enough to effort, and I guess that was for the best cause I still got pickled apart for it lol. The makings for a full post were there: introduction, chapter markers so you could ctrl + f through it, and chapter headings for the intro at least, if you cant accept my explanation then there's literally nothing else I can say and I won't waste my breath.

The problem is that, in the end, reads + reasons are all that matters no matter how great your presentation looks like.
If your post looks really cute, but there's no content or raw commentary in it, it makes us believe that you cared more about the presentation than solving the game.
A genuine read list would look like a quick draft with key elements about players.

If you're talking about "stopping caring about your posts", you should have dropped the presentation quality over the content.

YoshL 11-10-2016 04:03 PM

Quote:

If you're talking about the first post I mention AA, it's where i say andy's jump onto AA feels choreographed, i've never really addressed AA's content at all.

Nice reading comprehension - please make sure that when you're attempting to sling insults at others that you aren't under a pile of horseshit yourself tyvm

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 04:04 PM

Quote:

But why do you care so much about how your post looks? You should care about if your post gets the point across and if other people believe you, not that it looks pretty and is easy to scan through
Readability is nice but it's much better to throw all your thoughts out there and then condense them as needed

You've said a lot about wolf mindsets and I agree with most of the points, but you didn't actually apply them at all to your reads. Even a few instances of that would have bolstered your post credibility enormously, but as pointed out your reads are basically all surface level and commentary

One of the best ways to read people is if you can get into their mindset and understand where they're coming from. You seem to understand that based on how you've listed wolfy mindsets, but then completely disregard it in your investigation

AragakiAyase 11-10-2016 04:12 PM

also another thing that sticks out to me:

people don't like your post (freezin), ok

so why not try to make people townread you by giving actual concrete reads that go a bit further beyond surface level? instead you're already adopting a defeatist attitude