Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   [Pack Release] Memories of Flower (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=153937)

Wiosna 05-13-2022 03:22 PM

[Pack Release] Memories of Flower

White petals, falling like tears in rain, floating down sadly and sadly, like leaves into the abyss. A breeze blows nonchalantly.

Click on the banner or this download link to download the pack.

Formerly named as Breakcore Empress, Memories of Flower is a pack of 15 charts that I've made from September 2021 to April 2022. Not counting outliers, the MSD difficulty range of this pack is about 18 to 24, but there is a 27 in this pack as well. At least half of the pack is indeed breakcore (or breakcore-adjacent like drum and bass), so if monotonous music is your thing, this pack is for you.

Most of the charts in this pack fall under "technical", though the degree of technical acumen needed for each chart varies. There are charts that are extremely burst/minijack-oriented, others that are primarily broken jumpstream, and some charts that focus mostly on difficult jumpstream patterning (and is closer to JS proper). There are no explicitly "dumpy" charts in the pack, so there is no use of the pink CDTitle here.

Songlist:

Stylistically, this pack is meant to build on and finetune the existing approach I had over the past year and applying it to different kinds of music from the ones in my last two packs. Not much background beyond that.

The story behind this pack is quite messy: I dealt with pretty bad burnout after releasing two packs last year (Nightflower Complex and Sharpnel Instrumentality Project), and I was also beating myself up because I felt that Nightflower was just not a good pack release in general. I tried to break through my burnout by making charts for music that was more personal to me, even if the music was quite simple. I even initially had a minipack ready for release from that pursuit (Mono no Aware/Ephemeral Princess), but I scrapped it entirely because I didn't think that the pack would've been very appealing to players. I don't think I ever got out of that burnout from Nightflower and SIP through that pack either.

While I scrapped the pack project, there were a few charts that I made for Mono no Aware that are still in this pack. Over a span of a few months after that abandoned project, I aimlessly made more charts, to the point where I've had enough charts that I'm okay with having in a pack for an actual release. The entire pack making experience was impromptu and scatter-brained overall, but it was distressing all the same because of how much pressure I had on myself over the past few years. Making this pack was, admittedly, one of the least enjoyable endeavours I've done (despite its reward), but I guess there is always suffering in what you do. Regardless of this, I hope you all enjoy the charts produced for the pack -- many of which I consider my most focused works.

The pack's title and banner are based on Bong Joon-ho's Memories of Murder (2003); the pack banner's colour scheme is based on one of the film posters, and the pack name is supposed to roll off the tongue in the same way that Memories of Murder does. My mental health has been particularly unstable over the past few weeks, and one of the main things that kept my sanity in check was going through a lot of films from various Japanese and Korean filmmakers. Memories of Murder was the one film that left the biggest impact on me as a person, though maybe I'll make some packs with themes based on other Asian films I've watched in the future.

No guarantees but I think this would also be my last few charts for a good while. At the end of writing all of this, I also can't help but feel that I'm reaching the twilight of what I can do for charting at this point. Might be a good time to hit the old dusty trail. If that's the case, then thank you all for the constant support over the past few years.

Credits:
- riktoi for making the banner.
- aeoliancarp/VisD for giving comprehensive feedback on multiple charts in the pack and just being around whenever I needed to talk about my grievances with charting as a whole.
- heather for letting me use her artwork for A Beautifull Degeneracy, Boulafacet, The Island Part II, and Xeroa. You can check out her work here.
- Izzz for letting me use her artwork for Dream to Nightmare. You can check out her work here.
- Mismagius for letting me use his artwork for Epileptic Crisis. You can check out his work here.
- Many many people for playtesting my charts through the development of the pack. I appreciate all of the feedback given to me.

AutotelicBrown 05-13-2022 03:22 PM

Re: [Pack Release] Memories of Flower

memories of first

Elekton 05-13-2022 03:23 PM

memories of bepis

Wh1teh 05-13-2022 03:24 PM

packaagaoreaka

riktoi 05-13-2022 03:24 PM

petal

VisD 05-13-2022 03:35 PM

Next pack title: sympathies for Mrs. Flower

Wind0ze 05-13-2022 03:45 PM

this pack is cool and u should play it

ToonE156 05-13-2022 03:58 PM

New April pack???????!!!!

loftyb 05-13-2022 04:24 PM

dld

Skayles 05-13-2022 04:30 PM

memories of wiwi

Jade5_ 05-13-2022 05:53 PM

im already killing xeroa

Zlyice 05-13-2022 06:16 PM

memories of paq

Jade5_ 05-13-2022 06:43 PM

pack lamp is done

-paexaea- 05-13-2022 08:50 PM

oh hey, gonna nab this and play a little 4k for once lmao

Skayles 05-18-2022 01:47 PM

loftyb 05-18-2022 03:38 PM

https://ibb.co/M9xMM5r

Black Lawn is an incredible chart and your work always make me want to do more of my own. Always keep doing your thing dude.

Snapps 06-17-2022 03:38 AM

this was enjoyable. a few i liked.

Wiosna 06-17-2022 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapps (Post 4779279)
this was enjoyable. a few i liked.

glad you like at least a few of the files here. this pack is a bit less accessible than some of the other packs I've made (Breakcore Princess is the most accessible), but I hope there's at least one file for everyone despite the pack size.

btw what's your twitch, penguinosity wanted to ask when you mentioned that you streamed his pack but he forgot

edit: nvm i found it. https://www.twitch.tv/ngqp

Snapps 06-17-2022 05:29 AM

yeah haha thats me!