Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 188: MAD17, Who's Role Is It Anyway? [GAME THREAD] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151148)

jessiebessie 08-13-2019 09:15 PM

Re: TWG 188: MAD17, Who's Role Is It Anyway? [GAME THREAD]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4692972)
Because I'm solving the game.

And you should read the game fully instead of skimming and making a poor judgement. Read post by post and you will see, its not that many pages. And if you actually have reasons to why you want to vote me, show me what doesnt sit right and i'll prove to you why you are wrong.

I genuinely want to read more in depth (or in this situation get as much info as possible in the time that I have) This is why I'm giving you the chance to tell me why I'm wrong in my initial read.

who should I be focusing on? Why do you think they are a wolf?

Precarious 08-13-2019 09:15 PM

Okay, at least mostly caught up I think. I don't have time for my usual textwalls, so I sort of just semi-edited raw notes.

the sun fan 08-13-2019 09:16 PM

B to the R to the U to the H
Got the Xelicopter giving chase
to the mafia and the wolves Subaru spotted last night
outta eaman's skull the wolves took a bite
-sized portions of information is all you can take
just believe me when I tell you that none of this is fake
so listen to me Jess I'm letting you know now
Xiz is a dog so don't have a cow don'tcha know
that woofers and doggos aren't the same thing at all?

SubaruPoptart 08-13-2019 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4692974)
if i was a wolf would i really AFK for two entire phases and let my partners die?

I'm chaotic but not stupid lol

Chaotic Evil

Precarious 08-13-2019 09:16 PM

mml--generally aggressive, focused tone. Feels town
suspects roundbox, but notes driving
sort of taking charge early. Good tone overall, but the "I'll hold you to it" to Xel feels a little...something. Not sure.
Slightly defensive when voted, but seemingly annoyed with believing Xel does sync better with above.

xel--is a helicopter. Gimmick is a little difficult to read, but feels engaged tonally?
Claims JOAT. Has a roleblock left. Half-and-half reads.
Gimmick is entertaining but really hard to read physically. Gets into it with MML.

Xiz--"rip Svaz." Don't care for these sort of woe-is-me postmortems
requests reads from Sun. Interesting with no reads of their own listed. ISO and check previous.
On check, seems overly sheeping of sun fan. Only caveat is that wolf-Xiz seemed more engaged and towny when I played with him last, so coasting
could be alignment-neutral. But I don't care for it.
Keeps pressing sunfan for extra info, despite offering nothing and outright sheeping. Strange. Is trying to understand it though? Still sus.
What the actual fuck is going on here?
"Disappointed we're not mind melding." What is going on? Why is he sheeping sunfan so conspicuously? Deliberately blatant?
Acutally posts his own reads...and they're solid?
Then sheeps onto Kayla. *VOTES* (3)
Then immediately switches onto MML with actual reasoning (reverse engineering). *VOTES* MML 1.
Claims to have tracked sunfan (to roundbox). Sunfan confirms this.
Is more engaged now, playing more like Xiz I know. That Xiz has always been wolf though.

sunfan--requests n2 actions. Reasonable in setting, alignment-neutral.
Town reads: jessie, sven, subaru. Jessie and Sven mechanically, Subaru due to D1 interactions with wolf-ShadowGod
mml--"tier 2". Thin afterward.
Thinks Zenith kill was weird.
*VOTES* Kayla based on "nonsensical" NK. Apparently her meta?
Switches *VOTE* to Xiz, based on the tracking convo. Although the track was accurate.
YouTube. Lots of YouTube.

Subaru--feels new. Hard for me to parse so far. Claims an N2 vig shot. After questioning from sunfan, did NOT shoot funnygirl? Means they shot Zenith.
Shot because Zenith had a vote and was thinking "what if." Tone seems honest.
Lots of newness stuff. Probably town, hard to believe they could keep this up while having info elsewhere.

psychoangel--mentions deaths last night. Same as Xiz but it bothers me less because it doesn't simulate sadness I guess?
Wakes up having missed a wagon on them and then dissipated I guess.
Some quick reads, then really leans into Hatred. Slot has been correct, but not really corrobated it. Sort of has a point, but hard to argue
with the results.
Then votes Antori.
Continued activity. Seems to be engaging.

Hatred: Laughing at events--apparently town losses at night. Opposite of usual crocodile tears, actually reads kind of towny.
*VOTES* Kayla (2) with no justification. Is this their style?
Interesting response to Kayla. Don't know how to read this slot.

Antori--self aware about inactivity.
Post 2: too self aware.
Does sort of push massclaim though. Kind of weird in role chaos.
But next post feels new-ish. Tone clashes here.
Self-preservation content stands out.

Roundbox--very traditional playstyle with direct content responses to posts. Don't remember their meta, but townish on face.
Lots of decent-ish content. Feels slightly remote, kind of like my style.
Also "Bruhs" though.
Reads seems standard, maybe too safe.
Tone loosens up?
Tone is all over the place. Feels vaguely newish in statements occasionally, also has posts understanding the game.

the sun fan 08-13-2019 09:16 PM

that's the most convincing case I can make for not voting for Xiz thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

roundbox 08-13-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4692969)
am i your top lynch, or who is like inbeteen us

even though I hate sunfan's list, it's probably the best place to choose from this phase (aside from me)

for psycho, I townleaned her for a long time, but she had some weird reads today
I still don't think I can vote her yet based off of that post about shadow_god

I'm townreading xel for his claim sounding like last game (your version of the JOAT)

not voting lar, I've stated this a few times with reasons

I would rather not vote antori until xel gives instruction to do so since he knows his role, but otherwise I didn't like antori's responses to my questions. I get the language thing, but he was asking for people to sheep off of and I don't like it

precarious wasn't listed, but said he was going to play, and then never showed up. I would vote here

so xiz, I would choose between you/antori/precarious

roundbox 08-13-2019 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4692974)
if i was a wolf would i really AFK for two entire phases and let my partners die?

I'm chaotic but not stupid lol

tbf cocoa was a shoe-in

jessiebessie 08-13-2019 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Precarious (Post 4692979)
mml--generally aggressive, focused tone. Feels town
suspects roundbox, but notes driving
sort of taking charge early. Good tone overall, but the "I'll hold you to it" to Xel feels a little...something. Not sure.
Slightly defensive when voted, but seemingly annoyed with believing Xel does sync better with above.

xel--is a helicopter. Gimmick is a little difficult to read, but feels engaged tonally?
Claims JOAT. Has a roleblock left. Half-and-half reads.
Gimmick is entertaining but really hard to read physically. Gets into it with MML.

Xiz--"rip Svaz." Don't care for these sort of woe-is-me postmortems
requests reads from Sun. Interesting with no reads of their own listed. ISO and check previous.
On check, seems overly sheeping of sun fan. Only caveat is that wolf-Xiz seemed more engaged and towny when I played with him last, so coasting
could be alignment-neutral. But I don't care for it.
Keeps pressing sunfan for extra info, despite offering nothing and outright sheeping. Strange. Is trying to understand it though? Still sus.
"Disappointed we're not mind melding." What is going on? Why is he sheeping sunfan so conspicuously? Deliberately blatant?
Then immediately switches onto MML with actual reasoning (reverse engineering). *VOTES* MML 1.
Is more engaged now, playing more like Xiz I know. That Xiz has always been wolf though.

sunfan--requests n2 actions. Reasonable in setting, alignment-neutral.
Town reads: jessie, sven, subaru. Jessie and Sven mechanically, Subaru due to D1 interactions with wolf-ShadowGod
mml--"tier 2". Thin afterward.
Thinks Zenith kill was weird.
*VOTES* Kayla based on "nonsensical" NK. Apparently her meta?
Switches *VOTE* to Xiz, based on the tracking convo. Although the track was accurate.
YouTube. Lots of YouTube.

Subaru--feels new. Hard for me to parse so far. Claims an N2 vig shot. After questioning from sunfan, did NOT shoot funnygirl? Means they shot Zenith.
Shot because Zenith had a vote and was thinking "what if." Tone seems honest.
Lots of newness stuff. Probably town, hard to believe they could keep this up while having info elsewhere.

psychoangel--mentions deaths last night. Same as Xiz but it bothers me less because it doesn't simulate sadness I guess?
Wakes up having missed a wagon on them and then dissipated I guess.
Some quick reads, then really leans into Hatred. Slot has been correct, but not really corrobated it. Sort of has a point, but hard to argue
with the results.
Then votes Antori.
Continued activity. Seems to be engaging.

Hatred: Laughing at events--apparently town losses at night. Opposite of usual crocodile tears, actually reads kind of towny.
*VOTES* Kayla (2) with no justification. Is this their style?
Interesting response to Kayla. Don't know how to read this slot.

Antori--self aware about inactivity.
Post 2: too self aware.
Does sort of push massclaim though. Kind of weird in role chaos.
But next post feels new-ish. Tone clashes here.
Self-preservation content stands out.

Roundbox--very traditional playstyle with direct content responses to posts. Don't remember their meta, but townish on face.
Lots of decent-ish content. Feels slightly remote, kind of like my style.
Also "Bruhs" though.
Reads seems standard, maybe too safe.
Tone loosens up?
Tone is all over the place. Feels vaguely newish in statements occasionally, also has posts understanding the game.

this is what I needed right now. Thank you!

roundbox 08-13-2019 09:19 PM

oh

Xiz 08-13-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiebessie (Post 4692975)
I genuinely want to read more in depth (or in this situation get as much info as possible in the time that I have) This is why I'm giving you the chance to tell me why I'm wrong in my initial read.

who should I be focusing on? Why do you think they are a wolf?

I don't want to tell you who you should vote for this game.

Psycho's post seem very wolf like.
I think it's a waste of time to look at Poptart today
People want Antorni dead but I have ignored him mostly this game so I don't have an opinion on him
I think MML is a very good person to look at. He is being kind, which when he is town he is super angry and aggressive. I still believe my opinion where he killed funny because funny was the only person who was hard against MML, and I can see MML making a kill like that
Roundbox is like ??? I don't have a super good opinion on him. I'm starting to feel a roundbox lynch today may not be the best choice
Sunfan never ever kill
Xel never ever kill (until like final 3 i guess)

the sun fan 08-13-2019 09:20 PM

jess no what are you doing
don't listen to reads

SubaruPoptart 08-13-2019 09:20 PM

Precarious you are super right I am EXTREMELY new. I technically haven't even played a full game of this yet : )

Xiz 08-13-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4692978)
Chaotic Evil

I prefer chaotic neutral

(which actually doesn't help my case for that argument, but still)

Xiz 08-13-2019 09:21 PM

oh thats right precarious is in ths is game lol

Xiz 08-13-2019 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Precarious (Post 4692979)

Did you miss the entire interactions between thesunfan and I? I explained it very thoroughly.

I checked sunfan, sunfan was angry i checked him. It was not the best check I admit. I knew sunfan visited roundbox, and was trying to let greg know I knew that info, so sunfan can use that however without revealing it to thread.

The voting pattern should makse perfect sense to you now with that missing info you forgot.

roundbox 08-13-2019 09:24 PM

precarious, your list doesn't tell me who you're trying to vote for

Xiz 08-13-2019 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4692981)
even though I hate sunfan's list, it's probably the best place to choose from this phase (aside from me)

for psycho, I townleaned her for a long time, but she had some weird reads today
I still don't think I can vote her yet based off of that post about shadow_god

I'm townreading xel for his claim sounding like last game (your version of the JOAT)

not voting lar, I've stated this a few times with reasons

I would rather not vote antori until xel gives instruction to do so since he knows his role, but otherwise I didn't like antori's responses to my questions. I get the language thing, but he was asking for people to sheep off of and I don't like it

precarious wasn't listed, but said he was going to play, and then never showed up. I would vote here

so xiz, I would choose between you/antori/precarious

Can you go into why psycho town again please, shadow and anything else with that sorry.
I'd vote both ant and precarious for clarity.

Precarious 08-13-2019 09:27 PM

Okay, here's where I am.

sun fan--town. Feels like past town-sunfans tonally--a sort of semi-certainty tinged with aggression. Actual game events make town read pretty solid.

Xiz--wolf? The sheeping Sunfan early was weird, but settled into a much more active, analytical posture later. The problem is, this is wolf-Xiz in every game I've played with him. Enough fluff and odd stuff to be distracting, then solid play to bring it back home.

MML--aggressive at first, then sort of faded in my attention. Remained fairy aggressive, but less confident in a way. Weak town lean.

roundbox--town-ish, but feels a bit too generic in style. Later posts are better because they feel more organic. Overall profile leans town.

Subaru--ultra new. Not 100% convinced, but 90% probably--it would be hard to do this as a new wolf.

Xel--unreadable and emotionless like all machines. Null leaning town based on engagement and actual logic.

HateandHatred--sort of a weird slot. Very self-aware. Reading these players is hard. I don't really like the style, but the results lean town.

Antori--opposite of subaru. Lots of newness actions mixed with actual game-awareness and self-awareness, compounded by self-preservation actions stated explicitly. Starts posting without actually saying anything. Probably a wolf.

jessie--town based on prior actions. Not a lot recently, but headspace seems solid enough.

psychoangel--most interesting slot to me. Lots of early heat, but response was pretty measured. I don't like that people got off of their votes so easily, but probing seemed both pertinent and slightly frustrated. Town lean.

jessiebessie 08-13-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4692986)
jess no what are you doing
don't listen to reads

;_;