Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   My Mother is refusing to make turkey this year, so my girlfriend and I are hosting a secret dinner (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=154538)

MixMasterLar 11-17-2023 11:24 AM

My Mother is refusing to make turkey this year, so my girlfriend and I are hosting a secret dinner

Reasons why she doesn't want to make the turkey:

•It's always dry
•It coast way more then chicken
•Most of the family has gout, eats shit every year after consuming the bird
•No one will eat the leftovers
•When she doesn't follow the recipe, the recipe never works out the way it says it does
•"We can just have ham maybe"

Reasons why I and my girlfriend are holding a secret Thanksgiving on Wednesday with a fried cajun turkey

•It's tasty
•It's damn delicious
•It helps me forget the pain of not being able to buy whole turkeys in most stores throughout the year
•It sparks joy

Tell me what sparks joy for you this holiday season

Gravity Kitten 11-17-2023 09:07 PM

Re: My Mother is refusing to make turkey this year, so my girlfriend and I are hosting a secret dinn

YTA

axith 11-17-2023 09:16 PM

Re: My Mother is refusing to make turkey this year, so my girlfriend and I are hosting a secret dinn

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4792781)
•It's tasty
•It's damn delicious
•It helps me forget the pain of not being able to buy whole turkeys in most stores throughout the year
•It sparks joy

Turkey is much tastier than chicken. It does spark joy. You enjoy that secret dinner!

Coolboyrulez0 11-18-2023 02:26 AM

yurkey

MixMasterLar 11-18-2023 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravity Kitten (Post 4792782)
YTA

For clarity, I am still attending her dinner

justin 11-19-2023 06:59 AM

This is the kind of content I'm here for

gold stinger 11-19-2023 05:42 PM

Turkey on bone < A properly glazed and honeyed thanksgiving Ham.

Mkdasher 11-19-2023 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4792794)

Fax

Xellanoir 11-20-2023 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravity Kitten (Post 4792782)
YTA

NTA his turkey his rules

MixMasterLar 11-20-2023 08:28 AM

Quote:

We're from a salt-n-baked ham household

XCV 11-20-2023 03:15 PM

I'm vegan so I always have to cook for myself this time of year. This year I made a seitan Wellington. It absolutely killed, if you can believe that.

kostkaskater 11-20-2023 09:45 PM

Save me some pie!

DaBackpack 11-21-2023 06:19 PM

my family transitioned from turkey dinners to lasagna dinners on thanksgiving a decade ago and we haven't looked back

happy for you though, keep fighting for what you believe in

MixMasterLar 11-22-2023 12:51 PM

My girlfriend almost let slip that we were having a secret dinner to my mom when we are at Chili's

Mission health is critical

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4792810)
my family transitioned from turkey dinners to lasagna dinners on thanksgiving a decade ago and we haven't looked back

happy for you though, keep fighting for what you believe in

Lasagna is absolutely a suitable replacement I love the stuff

ositzxz369 11-22-2023 08:53 PM

turkey lasagna

mellonxcollie 11-23-2023 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4792810)

That's some true commitment to the Garfield fandom from your entire fam. Respect

gold stinger 11-23-2023 01:35 PM

My household is usually a ham household ourselves just because turkey is so incredibly easy to fuck-up with cooking and we're already seeing a movement of people going from cooking stuffing inside the turkey to outside the turkey on stovetop because it's just much safer and easier to cook it that way (center/inside is always the coldest point).

That, and a properly glazed & honeyed ham is already packing a ton of flavor by itself and doesn't really need to be paired with other foods to make it good. It also helps a lot with the children at the dinner table.

PhantomPuppy 11-23-2023 06:16 PM

Quote:

a fellow thanksgiving ham enjoyer i see. very good, very good.

Klarion 11-23-2023 09:49 PM

Ham over turkey any day, I do not like eating the driest meat possible.

Wayward Vagabond 11-24-2023 01:44 AM

We went to a buffet for thanksgiving this year and it was the best decision