Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Critical Thinking (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Jesus the product of Rape?? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=6501)

87x 01-22-2004 03:02 PM

Jesus the product of Rape??

I heard today from a friend of mine that there has been a new discovery.... People have found documents that say that Mary (the virgin Mary) filed a rape crime against a Roman Guard (or something like that), well the guy was stoned to death, and people are starting to speculate wether or not Jesus was really a product of God, or if its the product of the Rape... How would this affect Christianity.. or any other religion for that matter..

I haven't tried looking for a link to the news article yet.. but i will be sure to search..

banditcom 01-22-2004 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jewpinthethird
Dont talk about religion. Just dont. It just leads to flaming and debates...and I just end up offending someone. So, no more religious threads/talking about religion.

And no, I am not Jewish.

:P

Anways, I have no clue. I'd like to see that article though.

lightdarkness 01-22-2004 03:26 PM

Doubtfull
there was horrible documentation back then
however, i just contradicted myself
so, i guess that couldve happend, so yes, we need some news articles. I will search as well....

aleco 01-22-2004 03:30 PM

I am a Christian, and I believe that is total crap. End of case.

lightdarkness 01-22-2004 03:30 PM

i win
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...510994183.html

87x 01-22-2004 03:38 PM

damnit light.. i was just about to post that same link..

heyhey11 01-22-2004 03:38 PM

No you dont that explained nothing execpt how the church argues with this story

Lol never woulda expected that
Church Argueing

Thank god i am jewish

banditcom 01-22-2004 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by from the article
Many said that the story of the virgin birth resulted from poor biblical translations and a literary tradition which made up stories about a person's early life to emphasise their importance.

Heh.. ironic... I feel that way about religions in general.

87x 01-22-2004 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banditcom
Quote:

Originally Posted by jewpinthethird
Dont talk about religion. Just dont. It just leads to flaming and debates...and I just end up offending someone. So, no more religious threads/talking about religion.

And no, I am not Jewish.

:P

Anways, I have no clue. I'd like to see that article though.

yea... well this isn't religion.. this is a debate on whether the lady got raped or not.. and your view on it... then its a simple question of how would this change christianity, or any other religion... i dont think it falls under a totally religious discussion..

banditcom 01-22-2004 03:44 PM

I was f'in with you 87x ;)

Synthlight 01-22-2004 03:44 PM

Aleco, these things always make for interesting conversation. What did you mean exactly by "End of case"? Does that mean because you are christian that automatically devalidates the possible event that was brought up in this thread?

Cheers,

Synthlight

banditcom 01-22-2004 03:45 PM

It's called ignorance and being closed minded, Synth. :D

aleco 01-22-2004 03:46 PM

I mean there is no way I am going to believe it. It means nothing about others, just me.

banditcom 01-22-2004 03:47 PM

Then make sure we know you mean that aleco. The "End of case" gave us the wrong impression.

aleco 01-22-2004 03:47 PM

Sorry then.
End of case for me. Hopefully other Christians too, but that isn't up to me.

banditcom 01-22-2004 03:48 PM

It's no problem bro.

Synthlight 01-22-2004 03:49 PM

Thanks for the clarification Aleco. Lets say however that it did come to light that indeed that was what happened? How would that affect your views?

Cheers,

Synthlight

aleco 01-22-2004 03:51 PM

Yes, I didn't think it was true for a second.
It would seriously make me wonder, though, if I did believe it.

87x 01-22-2004 03:56 PM

you are a faithful person aleco.. im also skeptable about the article.. "im not really a christian.. so my faith isn't there to say it didn't happen.. but it's kinda vague with details.."... it says her name might have been "Miriam"... i haven't seen a follow up to this article and it was posted 23 dec, 03, so either they found it to be not true.. OR They just haven't found any other information on it yet.. and just for Jewpin.. There may have been a cover-up, something the cathlic/christian church didn't want us to find out..

aleco 01-22-2004 03:59 PM

Her name may have been Miriam. That is possible.

87x 01-22-2004 04:02 PM

well i agree.. anything is possible.. its possible she could have been raped.. and possible jesus was the child of a rapest... but im just not sure of the whoel thing.. i could argue ether way on this one..

banditcom 01-22-2004 04:03 PM

OR... it's possible that all of these things are just exaggerated stories.

EDIT: I should read the Bible sometime so I can gain better insight on that whole side of things (religion), because I'm agnostic.

87x 01-22-2004 04:09 PM

true.. so.. to the other question.. how would christianity and other religions change if this was found out to be true..

banditcom 01-22-2004 04:12 PM

You're asking an agnostic, not an atheist. So the answer would be accepting the religion. I don't know what an atheist would say.

I'm open minded, but I can't accept many aspects of religion, ESPECIALLY organized religion. Many people follow the masses and don't have their OWN beliefs. Aleco has his own beliefs and they only pertain to him. I respect that.

EDIT: Oh I read that wrong.. thought you were asking me if the religions were proven true how would my viewpoint change.. :P

Moogy 01-22-2004 04:14 PM

Maybe, maybe not. Unless there's a follow-up with some more conclusive evidence, we can't say for sure...

I agree with the part about religions tending to exaggerate things, though...

EDIT: Oh yeah, what's the difference between an agnostic and an atheist?

banditcom 01-22-2004 04:19 PM

Atheist is "there is no god. (period)" and agnostics are more like "religion doesn't affect me... I don't know if there is a God or not."

Most atheists are probably agnostic. For me, I just live life and don't try to think of those types of things. I respect others as long as they respect me and don't try to put THEIR beliefs on me.

87x 01-22-2004 04:24 PM

ha.. so how would a agnostic feel about evolution?.. not meaning to go off topic.. PM me with the answer

Brainmaster07 01-22-2004 04:24 PM

Atheist means you believe in scientificly proven facts, god goes against everything science has proven, so atheasts don't believe in him.

Like me.

87x 01-22-2004 04:26 PM

atheist (as it was explained to me) believes that shit just is here.. just one day it popped up..
Exolutionist believe the big bang and all that stuff
i was tought they were two seperate things.

makaveli121212 01-22-2004 04:43 PM

it wont affect christainity at all becuase 1 it cant be preoven and 2 christians wont believe it

heyhey11 01-22-2004 05:24 PM

Yeah but Christians are supposed to spread word of their religon and try to make others convert

What are they going to say

Join us and our product of raped leader

Cenright 01-22-2004 05:27 PM

If you are a christian, you believe in the validity of the bible. This means that you absolutely do not believe this. (If you are christian, that is.)

heyhey11 01-22-2004 05:41 PM

Well i am jewish but can the christians really argue with proven evidence (if it ever is proven) I mean how can you deny something that has been proven over something that says god personally fucked this women and made her pregnent

heyhey11 01-22-2004 05:42 PM

(on a lighter side) lol god must have a HUGE dick and probably has like the atlantic ocean size jizz

aleco 01-22-2004 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cenright
If you are a christian, you believe in the validity of the bible. This means that you absolutely do not believe this. (If you are christian, that is.)

Exactly. That's why I don't believe it.

VxDx 01-22-2004 05:46 PM

You Christians will believe anything (except for this).

Cenright 01-22-2004 05:47 PM

Heyhey11, there was no sex, that is why she is called "Virgin Mary".

aleco 01-22-2004 05:47 PM

Really VxDx? Like what?

heyhey11 01-22-2004 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cenright
Heyhey11, there was no sex, that is why she is called "Virgin Mary".

Worse then she was both male and female ESPECIALLY SINCE SHE PRODUCED A MALE that is the XY genotype and it needs a male to produce the X

aleco 01-22-2004 05:55 PM

That's why it was a miracle by God.

Mandragora 01-22-2004 05:56 PM

I love the idea that people are so willing to point out that the Bible may have flaws that make this story true, but are unwilling to recognize that this article, written by those whose hands weren't made holy with the word of God (as the Bible WAS, and is actually hailed as one of the most accurate historical accounts of events ever written), may as well.

I don't believe these people are trying to somehow destroy Christian ideals. I feel they simply do not understand what it is to be Christian. Aleco, don't waver on the question of "What if it IS true?" It's a non-issue, because as Christians, we are positive it is not.

Btw, heyhey11, the Torah is the Christian Old Testament.

You follow the Bible too, or should. So deny "God stories" all you want, and deny your own faith.

aleco 01-22-2004 05:59 PM

I'm saying no Christian should or will believe it. That's all.

banditcom 01-22-2004 06:03 PM

Aleco: Ignore VxDx.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87x
ha.. so how would a agnostic feel about evolution?

Evolution is a big reason why I'm agnostic. A few of my friends were laughing at me and saying there is no proof whatsoever of it happening. I just ended the convo before I shoved all their religious crap in their faces for not respecting my views.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87x
atheist (as it was explained to me) believes that (#$% just is here.. just one day it popped up..
Exolutionist believe the big bang and all that stuff
i was tought they were two seperate things.

Which is why I said most atheists are actually agnostic...

aleco 01-22-2004 06:04 PM

Banditcom: I want to see what he has to say.

heyhey11 01-22-2004 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandragora
Btw, heyhey11, the Torah is the Christian Old Testament.

You follow the Bible too, or should. So deny "God stories" all you want, and deny your own faith.

YEAHHHHHHHHHH someone who actually understands religon other than cenright

See i dont believe in the God storys and the splitting of seas

I do believe in God but he is only for faith

Not for miracles

banditcom 01-22-2004 06:06 PM

Aleco: You won't get a serious answer.

VxDx 01-22-2004 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleco
Banditcom: I want to see what he has to say.

Oh; god, jesus, the bible, creationism, resurrection, blind faith, sacraments, church, and so on.

Synthlight 01-22-2004 06:11 PM

Which brings up another interesting point. How authentic is the english language version of the bible? How many times has it been translated and revised over the years and adapted to target it's audience? Why is there confusion as to the real name of Mary when it is the most accurate historical accounts of events ever written? Realize that I am putting this out there purely for the enjoyment of conversation.

You do know btw that any Stenographer would dispute your claim as the most accurate historical accounts of events ever written Mandragora? lol

Cheers,

Synthlight

banditcom 01-22-2004 06:14 PM

My friend just handed me this book called "The Evolution Cruncher". Meh... I'll look through it to see what crap they dispute.

aleco 01-22-2004 06:14 PM

Vxdx: yeah, it's called religion.
Synth: There are some very interesting things people disagree or can't understand. It's all weird. That's why you have faith.

heyhey11 01-22-2004 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synthlight
Which brings up another interesting point. How authentic is the english language version of the bible? How many times has it been translated and revised over the years and adapted to target it's audience? Why is there confusion as to the real name of Mary when it is the most accurate historical accounts of events ever written? Realize that I am putting this out there purely for the enjoyment of conversation.

You do know btw that any Stenographer would dispute your claim as the most accurate historical accounts of events ever written Mandragora? lol

Cheers,

Synthlight

i think its because writting in back when the bible was published could not have been extremely neat. A little typo could change the whole name of someone.

VxDx 01-22-2004 06:16 PM

Yeah, and your blind faith amuses me. I love that you live based on a fictional book.

banditcom 01-22-2004 06:18 PM

VxDx: Respect his beliefs. He's not putting them on you.

VxDx 01-22-2004 06:19 PM

I do respect his beliefs, insofar as he can believes what he wishes, but it's not what I believe, so I ask that you respect my beliefs.

Synthlight 01-22-2004 06:19 PM

VxDx, this is not an area to flame people. If you do not have anything of value to add, please leave the thread. You are only trying to enrage certain people.

Cheers,

Synthlight

VxDx 01-22-2004 06:22 PM

Not at all, I'm really curious as to why and how people can believe what they do.

banditcom 01-22-2004 06:25 PM

"blind faith" isn't really a nice way to ask... :P

Master_of_PARANOiA 01-22-2004 06:26 PM

sometimes people don't even know why they believe what they do VxDx.

for example: I believe in god, I don't know why I believe in god, but nevertheless I do.

Moogy 01-22-2004 06:27 PM

Blind Faith is a song from Pump It Up. Quite good if I remember correctly.

TheChuck0 01-22-2004 06:56 PM

Quote:

Yeah and plus the monks wrote and translated the bible in really dim lit rooms in the monastaries, scriptoria I think they are called, so of course there would be mistranslations. Plus because of the religious turmoil in that time things certainly could have been added and taken out. Just wanted to throw some history in.

BluE_MeaniE 01-22-2004 06:58 PM

Yes, each language has its own subtleties and nuances. When you translate from one language to another, it is very difficult to mean the exact same thing.

Anticrombie0909 01-22-2004 09:08 PM

I think all religion is crap anyway, so this doesn't affect me very much since I don't believe in Jesus.

Sometime, watch 'Monty Python and the Life of Brian' and tell me what you thought of it, especially if you're the religious type.

Brainmaster07 01-22-2004 11:46 PM

I just don't see how people can believe in something that they have never seen, has never been seen by anyone, has never left any evidence of being, and is in everyway impossible to exist. Not trying to bash it or anything, I just don't get how you can believe that...

And even if there's the whole 'He will come again to judge the living and the dead'... if he sends people to hell because they don't believe in him, he has pretty bad tastes :?.

Omeganitros 01-23-2004 02:15 AM

"I think the best thing the Lord created was a sense of humor. Isnt it ironic that the most religious people tend to not have one?" -[Forgot who said it]

Anonymous 01-23-2004 03:28 AM

wow if jesus was the product of a rape

1. it makes a lot of sense to me
2. Finally people wont think im crazy when i say its ok to rape someone because Jesus is a bastard child; a product of rape.
3. rape nuns.
4. rape me ((Again!)) (nirvana)
5. (this isnt official, which means it wont hold up in court, but) I raped a girl before.

gays. homos. queers. < not people i identify with in the least.

i think jesus might have been a homosexual.

Howard Dean for 2004! fuck my bushy nuts and fuck bush he sucks!

The Next President Has to resurrect Kurt Cobain! amen to that! even tho im agnostic...

deathstar402 01-23-2004 03:30 AM

my post!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
wow if jesus was the product of a rape

1. it makes a lot of sense to me
2. Finally people wont think im crazy when i say its ok to rape someone because Jesus is a bastard child; a product of rape.
3. rape nuns.
4. rape me ((Again!)) (nirvana)
5. (this isnt official, which means it wont hold up in court, but) I raped a girl before.

gays. homos. queers. < not people i identify with in the least.

i think jesus might have been a homosexual.

Howard Dean for 2004! $*%# my bushy nuts and $*%# bush he sucks!

The Next President Has to resurrect Kurt Cobain! amen to that! even tho im agnostic...

i claim this guest post as mine.

Anonymous 01-23-2004 04:07 AM

Someone said that the torah was the christians old testiment? well.. you're wrong because it was writin in hebrew. Which is jewish. Jesus was jewish. Jews (me) just believe that jesus is not the mesiah. he could possibly be a messanger from got , but not the peoples savior. its quit possible that jesus could have survived the crusifiction. my dad whos christian said something about him only being on the cross for a day. and being in his tomb for 3. People are crusified every year in mexico i think. or somewhere in south american. they dont die :/. People can go without food for 3 days. the people who are crusified every year do not die. they do not recieve medical attention either. so why is it that jesus must have been the son of god even though he was crusified and put in a tomb for 3 days.

http://objective.jesussave.us/kidz.html

what does that website say for christianity?

some things that the site points out (most of them are racist) :

If you find an Atheist in your neighborhood,
TELL A PARENT OR PASTOR RIGHT AWAY!

You may be moved to try and witness to
these poor lost souls yourself, however
AVOID TALKING TO THEM!

Atheists are often very grumpy and bitter and will lash out at children or they may even try to trick you into neglecting God's Word.

Very advanced witnessing techniques are needed for these grouches. Let the adults handle them.

some facts the site says about the world.

Q:Hey retarded giraff.. werent dinosaurs extinct over a million years ago?
A:wrong my little buddy. dino's still walk on the earth , swim in the sea and the earth is less then 10 000 years old!

yea im sure jackass giraff.. go spread your bullshit somewhere else..

another is

Q:Hey retarded fucked up giraff.. are we the "monkey men" of the netherlands that evolutionists keep talking about?
A: why no they are deformed humans with advanced age and flood-cloud-related rickets.. whatever the fuck that means.

yea so my point is that its really quite possible that mary could have been impregnated by the guard and that jesus isnt the messiah. im also not ruling out the point that he is. i believe that it could be possible. but it may not. im not a strong believer in god because of what he put me through. If there is a god. i will find out when i die. and if he did create me and loves me, no matter what mistakes ive made he should forgive me for what i have done. and for the wrong things i do when im alive. why wouldnt he forgive me when im dead if he created me? thats my view on it :/... haha oh well this is getting long ill end it here.

Jello 01-23-2004 04:12 AM

ah fuck.. it logged me out and that last post is me... JELLO .. sorry about that for some reason when you dont do anything for a long time ffr logs you out

87x 01-23-2004 10:16 AM

well.. i see exactly what your saying jello.. and i can see how this wouldn't really affect you.. or your religion.. i have yet to find a follow up report on this.. which is makeing me second guess this whole thing.. but.. its just weird to think that this might have happened...

banditcom 01-23-2004 10:24 AM

Yea that dumb book I looked through has things about a dinosaur still being alive and all this other stuff... I couldn't stand looking through the book, the main reason was because the guy did random bolding, and sometimes they were underlined too.

87x 01-23-2004 11:18 AM

someone said something about the red sea being parted..

here..
"This is what the book of Exodus says about the parting of the Red Sea:
"And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided. And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon dry ground: the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left."
Two mathematicians--one from St. Petersburg, Russia and the other from Hamburg, Germany--have concluded that the Biblical story of Moses parting the rushing waters of the Red Sea so 600,000 Jews could escape slavery by the Egyptians was possible scientifically and in concurrence with the laws of physics, reports Russia's St. Petersburg Times.
Using a system of differential equations, Naum Volzinger, a senior researcher at St. Petersburg's Institute of Oceanology, and his Hamburg-based colleague Alexei Androsov established the conditions under which the waves might have parted. Here's the mathematics behind the miracle: There is a reef in the Red Sea exactly at the documented spot where the Jews escaped Egypt. In ancient times, the reef was unbroken and much closer to the surface of the sea than it is today. The Bible story cites the "strong east wind that blew all that night." So mathematically, the two scientists considered wind speed, the strength of the storm that would leave the reef high and dry at low tide, how long before the waters returned, and how quickly they returned. Volzinger, who specializes in ocean phenomena, flooding, and tidal waves, calculated that the wind had to have blown at a sustained speed of 67 miles per hour to make the reef. Once the reef formed, he told the St. Petersburg Times, "It would take the Jews--there were 600,000 of them--four hours to cross the 4.2-mile reef that runs from one coast to another. Then, in half an hour, the waters would come back."
The story says that when the Egyptian army followed them into the Red Sea, they drowned. "I am convinced that God rules the Earth through the laws of physics," he said. The study, which took almost six months to complete is titled "Modeling of the Hydrodynamic Situation During the Exodus" and has been published in the Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Mark Grubarg, the head of the Jewish community in St. Petersburg, said the spiritual value of this miracle is immense for Jews. "

just for fun..

alainbryden 01-23-2004 01:06 PM

Heathens!!!! You're all going to hell!!! XD

heyhey11 01-23-2004 01:23 PM

I wish

aleco 01-23-2004 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heyhey11
I wish

I really don't think so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainmaster07
I just don't see how people can believe in something that they have never seen, has never been seen by anyone, has never left any evidence of being, and is in everyway impossible to exist. Not trying to bash it or anything, I just don't get how you can believe that...

How could a God not exist? How could things come into being? How could nature and human and all the other complicated things exist? If it was up to man, we'd all be dead by now. It's possible for a God to exist. You may not understand it, but so much in life is uncomprehendible. I don't see how you can't see it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainmaster07
And even if there's the whole 'He will come again to judge the living and the dead'... if he sends people to hell because they don't believe in him, he has pretty bad tastes :?.

Bad tastes? Is man good? And how could you judge God? He isn't like humans.

Um.....I don't know what to say now.....I'll think of something.

Cenright 01-23-2004 02:43 PM

I could get into thins, but it would take hours to get anywhere. I'm on of Jahovah's Witnesses, so although I am still a christian religion, my opinions differ greatly from almost all of yours.

87x 01-23-2004 02:44 PM

basically nothing is fact.. all theorys.. how can anyone believe anything?

Jello 01-23-2004 06:43 PM

the whole universe is based upon theories. you truly cant prove any of the force laws of physics.. even though calculations work, we still cant see atoms. all of science is pretty much theory. it works. but even we dont know alot about the universe. I still stand on my point that jesus might have been just an ordinary guy who by luck escaped death after crusifiction, yet on the other hand there sure as hell seem to be alot of things that move toward him being the mesiah. although i dont really believe in him. im not doubting anything untill im dead.

makaveli121212 01-23-2004 06:47 PM

87x did you really have any fact behind this before you posted...you said someone told you...did you even think of verifying this before you began to try and degredate many peoples beliefs

87x 01-23-2004 07:24 PM

i didn't really degrade anything.., i was asking how religion would change if this was proven true.. and if you read my first post i had a link to a site with an article about it.. i based my opinions off that.. and if you read oneof my other post its says i could go either way with this.. im not sure if it is true so i could argue against it on lack of facts... and i could argue with it based on that they found the documents stating that this happened...

*EDIT*
sorry i forget to edit my first post and put the link on there. but lightdarknes provided the link before i could so its in his post..

makaveli121212 01-23-2004 08:25 PM

ok i didnt see the link before either so...thanks for clearing that up there...